-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Check this out. My Monster Hunter PSP grip has finally hit this stage thanks to whoever thought rubber coating was a great idea for things on the long run. I used rubbing alcohol on stuff before to remove rubber coating but, the effort and time put into it is a huge pain. This stuff doesn't come off easily and breathing rubbing alcohol for an hour or more is not exactly a great time. Have you guys ever had to get rid of this stuff? What is the best way to get it off?

Honestly, it's freaking nasty. Some rubber coating is like this on my old Katana PS2 wireless controller too. It drives me insane. I don't use the controller or this grip anymore because of this but, I don't and won't just toss these out. They're valuable to me and they still work like brand new. That goddamn rubber coating though.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Is it a rubber wrap? I've used box cutters to sort of cut things off like this, kind of peel it off in sections. Or is it more of a sprayed on kind of deal that you can't just rip off?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@mrbojangles25: For the PS2 controller, it's sprayed on, as for the grip, I think it's wrapped. It feels like it at least, like the whole back side might be a thick piece of rubber. I'm hoping that isn't the case and that it's just a thick layer of coating. If it's a thick piece of rubber, removing it might not be an option. Only way to find out is if I unscrew the back and remove it. I'll try it later tonight after work.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

what melts first? rubber or plastic?