Best Post-Apocalyptic Movie?

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

On a side note, I wonder how many people looked at The Road cast list, saw Viggo Mortensen and were like 'OMG THAT LOTR GUY, I MUST SEE IT CUS HE'LL KILL ORCS AND STUFF' and then just came out crying :P

I know a couple who did xD

foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 foggy666
Member since 2003 • 1123 Posts

a lot of people here liked i am legend. i personally thought it was absolutely horrible, especially since i actually read the book which was amazing. the movie, while bad on its own, was a disgrace to the name of the book. will smith really likes playing in movies that are based on excellent books but have nothing even close in them in terms of story and depth (i, robot and i am legend). on a side note book of eli was rather bad as well,[spoiler] a blind man walks for years just to deliver the king james bible, wow. [/spoiler]

before you all try to kill me with forks and torches remember its just my opinion and i realize people have the right to like bad movies

EDIT: sorry for not warning about spoiler before, but i probably saved you 2 hours of a really bad movie.

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts
[QUOTE="foggy666"]

a lot of people here liked i am legend. i personally thought it was absolutely horrible, especially since i actually read the book which was amazing. the movie, while bad on its own, was a disgrace to the name of the book. will smith really likes playing in movies that are based on excellent books but have nothing even close in them in terms of story and depth (i, robot and i am legend). on a side note book of eli was rather bad as well, a blind man walks for years just to deliver the king james bible, wow.

before you all try to kill me with forks and torches remember its just my opinion and i realize people have the right to like bad movies

your opinion is noted, We shall now get the forks and torches!!!!!!
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#104 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

mad max

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

a lot of people here liked i am legend. i personally thought it was absolutely horrible, especially since i actually read the book which was amazing. the movie, while bad on its own, was a disgrace to the name of the book. will smith really likes playing in movies that are based on excellent books but have nothing even close in them in terms of story and depth (i, robot and i am legend). on a side note book of eli was rather bad as well, a blind man walks for years just to deliver the king james bible, wow.

foggy666

Use spoilers when talking about major plot points, it makes the internet less douchey

Easy mods, you know I'm right

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#106 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

The New Barbarians AKA Warriors of the Wasteland

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

the book of eli. if you're an athiest, I Am Legend.

EDIT: yeah sorry athiets, I Am Legend has christian ideals as well.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

foggy666
nice opinion captain spoiler.
dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

[QUOTE="foggy666"]

taterfrickintot

nice opinion captain spoiler.

Spoiler that it may be, it was a pretty crappy "twist" and didn't really add to or improve the movie. In my opinion, of course. :P When I saw that part I actually laughed audibly it was so cheesy.

00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#110 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts
The book of Eli...
Avatar image for blackacidevil96
blackacidevil96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 blackacidevil96
Member since 2006 • 3855 Posts

the book of eli. if you're an athiest, I Am Legend.

EDIT: yeah sorry athiets, I Am Legend has christian ideals as well.

taterfrickintot

wait......so....atheists cant enjoy movies with theistic concepts?

granted. both of those movies really werent all that good.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

Regular apocalypse - The Road.

Zombie apocalypse - 28 Weeks Later

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Planet of the apes? :lol:
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#114 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

The Book of Eli was great, And Denzel Washington was fantastic as usual. Every movie of his I watched I always thoroughly enjoyed. And theres a long list.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#115 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

foggy666
A-Hole much? Jeez not only did you come off as a jerk but you spoiled a movie in the process.
Avatar image for JusticeFromSeed
JusticeFromSeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 JusticeFromSeed
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts

I really enjoyed Book of Eli. Mad Max is a classic, of course, so it's close. Never seen The Road, so I'll have to look that one up. I Am Legend is borderline post-apocalyptic, so I'd say that was a great one, as well...

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#117 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

Planet of the apes? :lol:MonsieurX
Both versions qualify, but the original moreso than the remake.

Even though the movie is slightly older than I am...

[spoiler] The final scene where Heston is riding along the beach, and sees the Statue Of Liberty sunk into the sand, shows that the world he is on through the movie is his own, after a cataclysmic war. [/spoiler]

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
The only part I jump from my seat in I am Legend is when the helicopter crash...... the rest is......awfully cartoony CGI zombie and escape Zoo animals ala jumanji... that makes Jurassic Park Dino laugh
Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Seraphy-
Member since 2011 • 1562 Posts
The Road all day erry day slow, dark, soul crushing; everything a post apocalyptic world would be
Avatar image for XxxExtremeNJBXx
XxxExtremeNJBXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 XxxExtremeNJBXx
Member since 2009 • 636 Posts

[QUOTE="XxxExtremeNJBXx"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]what was illogical about it? cheese factor? "would be death"? please explain in spoiker tag

Zaibach

Too many things to recall, visit IMDb forums on this movie, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Semi-Spoiler ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Eli gets shot, and how the scene is directed after the execution, reversed, then we hear(or see) lighting and thunder, repeated. It nearly made me laugh. The ending includes corny material, also. The plot was just a complete joke, if you ask me. The movie was boring, it included these needless discussion because it wanted(or tried) to be something it wasn't -- And that was a complex, Post-Apocalyptic film.

IMDB forum, you mean that troll haven? the plot had a lot of intrigue, and relevant and contemporary themes of war and survival, greed and power. And the twist at the end was a good one.

Meh, they got some very solid points across, that's why i told you to "check it out". To each his own on the plot scenario, I personally felt it was kind of interesting..until the twist/ending, which is mainly why I hate the movie, along with dislikes above.Glad you enjoyed it, though.