Bad Storms in Midwest

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gasmaskman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 gasmaskman
Member since 2005 • 3463 Posts

The past two days have seen some really large storms move through the Midwest, and a lot of it hit right around me in the Milwaukee area.

Some of the damage:

http://www.wisn.com/video/16551544/index.html This is Lake Delton, which is near Wisconsin Dells (about a 2 hour drive from where I am). If anyone knows the place, it's a pretty large vacation city for Midwesterners, and it's otherwise known as the "water park capital of the world" (you'd understand if you went there). Pretty much the entire lake (as in, there isn't a lake there anymore) drained over the dam and flooded the Wisconsin River. I go here every summer a few times a year, and they do tours of the river, because of the sandstone gorges (More info). There's more here.

Pewaukee, a town about 30 minutes north of here: Video.

There's nothing really more to show, as it's pretty much like this everywhere around Milwaukee, minus Milwaukee itself.

There's also a large amount of damage in Michigan and Illinois, from what I've heard, but it doesn't seem to be as bad as the Dells.

HeavyMetalMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HeavyMetalMage
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts

storms werent too bad till yesterday, i got hit out of nowhere and lost power. It was expected to come back in 4 days, but it came on today... odd

Judo_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Judo_boy
Member since 2003 • 6063 Posts
I live near Pewaukee but there was nothing serious that happened in my local area. I swear everytime there is a storm or tornado warning it is ALWAYS Dodge and Racine county.
sinistra45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 sinistra45
Member since 2008 • 7379 Posts
global warming, hurricane katrina, tidal waves, monsoons, wild fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, "w" bush, lohan, spears, and hilton... revelations? ragnarok? apocalypse?
AnotherKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 AnotherKill
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts

global warming, hurricane katrina, tidal waves, monsoons, wild fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, "w" bush, lohan, spears, and hilton... revelations? ragnarok? apocalypse?sinistra45

The cloverfield monster will be awakened by a falling satellite soon, You watch out now.