AU Discussion Thread (Australian Users)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Watch dogs delay was a bummer

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

@Nintendo_Man: sure ^_^

@Chickan_117: gosh i hope this doesn't drive you to change it, if you didnt know, *saves image, its funny you should say that. bmo has become famous for, (an unofficial spokesperson,) being without sex.

i love it when he mentors his reflection calling it fpo. (fupo) her tiny little voice means im just about in love with the lady that does bmo's voice over. its so fun to hear her speak, particularly without the bmo filter. if i knew her i would call her up every night and ask her to sing for me. she is working at being a director.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Chamboosy
Member since 2009 • 4309 Posts

@bayloski - This is one of the patients we've got in today:

zorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#204  Edited By zorine
Member since 2005 • 2330 Posts

@Chamboosy - Aww no! Why are his eyes so red?

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 OmitName

they are engorged, as are other parts of him. *clears throat. your little guy, hes a... hes a bit excited to see you, looks like.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#206 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Pokemon X & Y sold out?...tried a few stores in - Epping, Boxhill (Melb)..all say sold out?...Dang!..will try in Adel when Im back there.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#207  Edited By Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

Try Camberwell. I was there earlier today and they had stock (EB and JB)

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Chamboosy

@Zorine said:

@Chamboosy - Aww no! Why are his eyes so red?

He'd had a sedative so was a little dopey. He'd come in for sterilisation. His pal was a bit sad when they were separated.

bayloski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 bayloski
Member since 2010 • 2707 Posts

@Chamboosy said:

bayloski - This is one of the patients we've got in today:

Cool. He's got more of a boofhead than the Don. The Don's more snouty. Same colouring and stuff though. Don's got hell black spots under the white on his belly. Also noticed he was happy at the time. I'm weighing up whether to get the Don's knackers off or not...

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 superbuuman

@Chickan_117 said:

Try Camberwell. I was there earlier today and they had stock (EB and JB)

Thanx will check it out...the game is very popular it seems. :)

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Chickan_117

It's surprisingly good. I'm a fan of JRPGs anyway but, aside form the MP aspects, there seemed to have been very little development in the series since it's origins on GB. This one changes all that and feels like Pokemon v2. Same old story as the others but it feels more like a current gen game than the others did. More importantly it's loads of fun and the pokemon variety and strengths/weaknesses are great. Plus it has loads of online feaatures and mini games outside the main content.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Chickan_117

@OmitName said:

@Chickan_117: gosh i hope this doesn't drive you to change it, if you didnt know, *saves image, its funny you should say that. bmo has become famous for, (an unofficial spokesperson,) being without sex.

i love it when he mentors his reflection calling it fpo. (fupo) her tiny little voice means im just about in love with the lady that does bmo's voice over. its so fun to hear her speak, particularly without the bmo filter. if i knew her i would call her up every night and ask her to sing for me. she is working at being a director.

But BMO is referred to as male often. They always say "he" and, when he introduces himself to his reflection he introduces himself as a boy.... admittedly he's also trying to imitate being human but that's beside the point :) Who is this spokesperson you speak of and how famous is the BMO gender thing? I'd like to say "I've never heard that before" but that wouldn't prove much as I'm not overly knowledgable on all things Adventure Time... I just know I love the show :)

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#213 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

Sonic Lost World another AAA exclusive for the Wii U, lol.

Drive Club delayed, you PS4 guys should switch to the XB1 so you can play Forza instead.

Wii U sales up 200% in the US after the price cut, still sells around half of the 360 and PS3.

elektrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 elektrixx
Member since 2010 • 2574 Posts

Super Mario 3D World is my most anticipated game this year.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

@Nintendo_Man said:

The reviews are looking pretty mixed, so I still plan on trying it for myself.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Chickan_117

@elektrixx said:

Super Mario 3D World is my most anticipated game this year.

Bayonetta 2 for me :)

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By OmitName

@Chickan_117 heh it is a remarkable thing and deserves its attention. im the same way, i try not to think too much about it. to just appreciate it for its quality, without ruining it by becoming tangled in its mythos. hard to avoid sometimes though. i was happy that in a recent episode they had gone in the same direction in their backstory that i had, filling in the spaces in my head. pb is a bajillion years old.

its nothing weird bmo is a computer it would be much more creepy if he had junk. i just hope they dont ruin bmo and make him a christ or anything. i would think that would be too far.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 superbuuman

@mjc said:

@Nintendo_Man said:

Same will try to buy it today if I can't get Pokemon X & Y still can't play till Im back in Adel tho. :P

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Chamboosy

@bayloski said:

@Chamboosy said:

bayloski - This is one of the patients we've got in today:

Cool. He's got more of a boofhead than the Don. The Don's more snouty. Same colouring and stuff though. Don's got hell black spots under the white on his belly. Also noticed he was happy at the time. I'm weighing up whether to get the Don's knackers off or not...

Very happy dog this one.

I recommend getting it done. We've seen a bunch of unsterilised males this year that have had prostate cancer or anal tumours. The other benefit is that Don won't have all the urges that he would have if he wasn't sterilised. It's much better for him.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Chamboosy

@Chickan_117 - when you played Metal Gear recently, did you play it on the Vita or PS3?

Also, with Virtue's Last Reward, how important is it that I play the first one 999? Can I just read a synopsis of what happened in the first game and then head into Virtue's Last Reward? I'm building myself up a bunch of Vita games for when I go away at the end of the year. I think the only other game I'll add to my pile is Tearaway.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 mjc  Moderator

@superbuuman said:

@mjc said:

Same will try to buy it today if I can't get Pokemon X & Y still can't play till Im back in Adel tho. :P

I managed to find a copy at EB, but they didn't even have them out yet. I waited in line for ages while people were trying to find copies of the new Pokemon or second hand 3DS consoles. The attendant seemed happy that I was after something different!

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Chickan_117

@Chamboosy said:

@Chickan_117 - when you played Metal Gear recently, did you play it on the Vita or PS3?

Also, with Virtue's Last Reward, how important is it that I play the first one 999? Can I just read a synopsis of what happened in the first game and then head into Virtue's Last Reward? I'm building myself up a bunch of Vita games for when I go away at the end of the year. I think the only other game I'll add to my pile is Tearaway.

I played MGS1 on the PSP and 2 and 3 as part of the HD collection on Vita. I'd love it if number 4 were on Vita as well but, sadly, it's not.

You don't have to have played 999 at all to enjoy Virtue's Last Reward however playing the latter first will spoil certain story elements of 999. Whilst Virture's Last Reward is great 999 is markedly better. Considering how story driven/based the game is (most of the game time is spent reading dialogue) and the fact that much of the game's pleasure is about discovery I don't think a synopsis would capture the experience well enough to do it justice.

IMHO you should hold off and play 999 before playing Virtue's Last Reward. It's one of the few games where experiencing the game is as much a part of the story as the story itself. Hope that makes sense. It's like a movie like Swimming with Sharks or Mulholland Drive; the experience is as much a part of the storytelling as anything else.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Chickan_117

My favourite level in Saints Row IV so far. Dialogue is fantastic and the MEtal Gear Solid/stealth game references kick ass :)

Loading Video...

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By mjc  Moderator

Yesterday, I pre-ordered Contrast through Steam.

Today, I read that I'll get it free with my PS4.

I'm used to getting this luck with my PS Plus subscription, but now this...

Oh well, my pre-order came with a bonus program guide and sound track, so that's something. It's looks like it'll be an awesome game. I love the look (reminds my of Alice) and the unique blending of 3D and 2D platforming with shadows and light.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By 36Chambers93
Member since 2012 • 261 Posts

So when is stage 2 of GS update happening?

In particular for the sole purpose of getting an AU version of this site up and running. Its very clear to me that this will take some time to implement and may not even happen.

I've allowed some time for the new updates to this site to marinate and digest and I dont see any positives that have come from the update whatsoever. Its a terrible design and lacks the features that made me want to visit this site. I mean I even got blocked at one stage for having too many posts in a row and that was 2 by the way.

Its pretty clear that its also killing off the local vibe that this community has, not all the regular AU posters who once posted are now not posting here. This is the single most important issue for me and needs to be fixed ASAP.

I find myself already not visiting GS all together now, even navigating for latest news is made more cumbersome. But hey im too negative, unfortunately I call it as it is. The update to the site is a dud.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Chickan_117

I actually like the update although I agree that it was a mistake to stagger it like they have. Would be great to have our AU community area back. Forum functionality wise I think the update is a great improvement. Feels like its own site now rather than a cobbled together mish mash of various non working templates.

Edit : Actually there's one other thing I didn't really like about the upgrade and that was the way they didn't seem to do much user acceptance testing. No site upgrade is ever going to please everyone however, each time they do a big change, their test user group seems rather small and not necessarily including the vocal community. Maybe they don't care about that as, I guess, that's not what makes them the bucks.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By superbuuman

Manage to get Pokemon X & Y in Greensborough..looked better than the pic they posted on the net?....just started to play abit. :)

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 36Chambers93

I agree that the site needed an update.

I just dont approve of the direction it took. Im fully aware that its a copy or based on whatever and its the same team who did the Giantbomb site. I also get how it probably saved the business money etc being the same parent company.

For me, its feels too much of a rip and has no identity, it truly feels like an orange & black/white version of the Giantbomb site.

The general layout of the site itself is more modern, I will give credit in that area.

Forums I cant say have been improved as much as you suggest, I mean you cant even post smileys now, I cant seem to get to last post on a thread and forced onto the first page. Also the whole cant post 3 times in a row in a thread is just ridiculous. Positives are that linking images/videos/hyperlinks seem to work better now and I do like the @ function to call out someone but it doesnt always find the user for some reason.

Im not even a fan of the new review scoring system, I liked my decimals in fact I liked the older system where you got increment scores of 0.1 differences not the 0.5 it had prior to this change.

At least I can watch videos again without not having to change my adblock settings.

jamesh-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#229 jamesh-42
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

From what they said, my understanding is that the old site was essentially spaghetti code, where the cost of implementing new features was high and could break other parts of the site in unexpected ways. What we see now on the new site seems to be the minimum feature set that was considered acceptable to launch the site. and the real test will be what new features they manage to successfully roll out going forward.

I'm not particularly happy with the way they handled the regional forums in the transition (killing a feature that keeps people glued to the site for a few weeks without notice is pretty poor), but perhaps the numbers showed that others were more important to maintaining traffic :(

As far as review scoring goes, if 10 score increments are good enough for film reviewers (e.g. 5 stars in half star increments), 10 points should be fine for games too. While a reviewer might be able to correctly apply the old 20 point system on the site, the old old 100 point one was excessive. If 10 seems to low, is it because you don't use half the available range?

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Chickan_117

So I'm being sent a copy of Deus Ex HR Director's Cut for review... question is do I add this to the shame pile or just play it again and not chalk it up?

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By superbuuman

@Chickan_117 said:

So I'm being sent a copy of Deus Ex HR Director's Cut for review... question is do I add this to the shame pile or just play it again and not chalk it up?

Which version Wii U? ..or PS3/360?...if Wii U version does it cost more than PS3/360 version?..woo mention the price difference. Play it? they fix some things didn't they? :P

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Chickan_117

To buy a Galaxy NOTE 3 or not to buy... that's the $800 question inc GST

@superbuuman said:

@Chickan_117 said:

Which version Wii U? ..or PS3/360?...if Wii U version does it cost more than PS3/360 version?..woo mention the price difference. Play it? they fix some things didn't they? :P

WiiU. They say they improved some gameplay elements (got a list detailing changes) and added the dual screen gameplay stuff. Really looking forward to it actually as I was overdue for a revisit.

I should clarify that I'm wondering whether I count it as a purchase/complete; not wondering whether I play it. Condition of getting review copies is that you have to get a review written and posted within about a week.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Chickan_117

Wow. I never realised that the WiiU had a "multiple account" setup similar to PS3. As in, I can set up multiple accounts, download titles on one and play it on the other. Woohoo! Just grabbed some games only available in Europe and am now playing them on my Aus account! :D

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Chamboosy

Yeah, I'm not loving the lack of dedicated AUS forums right now.

But, what I'm not loving even more? Paypal's decision to hold onto my money for 21 fucking days before I can access it because I don't sell items on eBay that often. It's insane. I have sold the items, I have sent the items, so why punish me and not give me my money? I'm now going to miss out on an item because I don't have the money right now. For fucks sake. Just terrible.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Chamboosy

I do like the swearing though. I mean, I really like it.

jamesh-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#236  Edited By jamesh-42
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

It's not exactly news that eBay/PayPal have been skewing things in favour of buyers for a while. If they gave you your money now, what if the buyer claims he never received the package (either truthfully, or fraudulently)? It's much easier to refund his money if they never release it to you in the first place.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#237 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

@Chamboosy:

@Chamboosy said:

We have noticed :P

bayloski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 bayloski
Member since 2010 • 2707 Posts
@Chamboosy said:

It's certainly different.

I also noticed a thread about a certain piracy site closing down. Is talk of such activities allowed now?

Anywho, probably lucky to sleep last night after 'The Conjuring' scared the fucking shit out of me. I don't know why I do it to myself, I'm really not compatible with anything involving ghosts.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Chamboosy

@jamesh-42 said:

It's not exactly news that eBay/PayPal have been skewing things in favour of buyers for a while. If they gave you your money now, what if the buyer claims he never received the package (either truthfully, or fraudulently)? It's much easier to refund his money if they never release it to you in the first place.

That's true, but if you're running a business then it's not feasible to have your funds sitting there waiting for 21 days. I know that if you sell x amount of things or over a certain amount then the money is yours right there and then. I just find it frustrating that I've been a member of eBay since 2004 and have sold many things since then. I've just sold something for about $500, so now that's paid, surely I should have access to it? I've sold it internationally, and they've released money for postage - a whole $15 - even though the postage is $90.

The problem I find is that they support the buyer more than the seller. It's partially why I'm taking photo's of everything and documenting everything so when the person receives it it'll all be ok.

@bayloski - The Conjuring was great. Loved it. Didn't love the person who talked through the whole film. I did yell at them half way through though.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 36Chambers93

@bayloski said:
@Chamboosy said:

It's certainly different.

I also noticed a thread about a certain piracy site closing down. Is talk of such activities allowed now?

Anywho, probably lucky to sleep last night after 'The Conjuring' scared the fucking shit out of me. I don't know why I do it to myself, I'm really not compatible with anything involving ghosts.

To keep with this discussion.

Remembers when I had my post modded in my ask me anything thread for saying I banged someone and also had a thread renamed favourite sex position when it was only a thread about gaming positions.

Also remembers losing 180 days thanks to suspension and now I can do and say so much more worse and say the word **** without any consequences :P

Good work GS moderators.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 36Chambers93

To anyone who cares about PC's. I upgraded my cpu to an extreme hexcore model, lol @quadcore

Also overclocked my cpu to a beefy 4.6Ghz. Really not excited about next gen consoles when my PC is still likely to be much more powerful.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Chamboosy

I swear. If my cats sleep next to my pillow again tonight and I wake up with hayfever like I did this morning, I'll have two new pairs of gloves for when I go away.

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 OmitName

its not fun to wake up to your pet's other end in your face.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 superbuuman

@36Chambers93 said:

To anyone who cares about PC's. I upgraded my cpu to an extreme hexcore model, lol @quadcore

Also overclocked my cpu to a beefy 4.6Ghz. Really not excited about next gen consoles when my PC is still likely to be much more powerful.

lol..just a quad core Phenom II @ 3.9Ghz :P ..thinks I need to just upgrade my videocard Radeon 5800 :P ...just waiting for the final series AM3+ cpu from AMD whatever it will be call, Bulldozer, Steamroller...whatever the last one is then I will upgrade cpu. :P

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Chickan_117

@OmitName said:

its not fun to wake up to your pet's other end in your face.

Well you shouldn't have put your face there when you went to sleep!

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#246  Edited By mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

Hmm the lack of the GSAU board is frustrating me too. Its actually uninteresting coming to the boards now. I mainly speak in my pms.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Chickan_117

Were we really that interesting before? Lol.

More importantly should I buy a pinball machine? Think T2 or Adams Family but also thinking it's a big space taker for a novelty that could wear off fast (like my old pool table)

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#248 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

@Chickan_117 said:

Even if you guys weren't, you guys were like my family. But to answer your question.

Yes i visited the AU board because you guys were interesting, I kept my mod position because I loved to help out that board. I loved our community.. I don't love Gamespot.. I love GamespotAU.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 36Chambers93

@mystic_knight said:

@Chickan_117 said:

Even if you guys weren't, you guys were like my family. But to answer your question.

Yes i visited the AU board because you guys were interesting, I kept my mod position because I loved to help out that board. I loved our community.. I don't love Gamespot.. I love GamespotAU.

Great comments, I feel the same way. Despite me hammering you guys for being mods, I expect more from you guys other than simply modding our posts which is completely useless and any monkey can do that.

Cant you do something more with your powers and push up our concerns as users, I mean they never listen to us and as our reps you should feed it up to staff and staff should be able to do something.

I am really perplexed on what is so difficult on getting a AU only board up so I can hammer @Chickan_117 on his exercise and diet again :P Geez I have done some HTML5/CSS3 in the past and using both Jquery and Javascript can easily get the job done. I am uneducated pleb and could figure out to manipulate and control web based databases using these languages.

The reason why I am so hard on mods and staff is that I expect a high standard of output because I know what is possible, make it happen people.

36Chambers93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 36Chambers93

@Chickan_117 said:

More importantly should I buy a pinball machine? Think T2 or Adams Family but also thinking it's a big space taker for a novelty that could wear off fast (like my old pool table)

I wouldnt bother, I mean SF2 at the arcades was more fun than the Adams Family/T2 pinball machine in the early 90's, cant imagine pinball being superior now. I respect pinball for what it is but to me it was always represented the 70's more than the 80's when we grew up playing arcade games. It was obsolete entertainment in the 80's and hasnt changed much at all compared to video games.

Saying that, I would be simply looking to save physical space in your home and just get the emulated digital versions of the pinball classics. I know its not the exact same thing but considering all the pros and cons its a fairly decent trade off.

I recall an Android pinball app having real life old school tables that once graced the arcades, its not the Pinball FX game that we see on all platforms.