Attorney Caught with Joint Falling Out of Pocket in Court

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/10/new_orleans_lawyer_cited_for_m.html#incart_river_default

What an idiot. How difficult is it to keep that for home use?

#2 Posted by C2N2 (759 posts) -

Man this is f-cking stupid... The guy had a joint that he clearly used for recreational use and that hasn't interrupted 17 years of his career... Now he is suspended without pay which is pretty much guaranteed going to end his career given the government's extreme anti-drug policies for employees... Not only that but it is hurting the career of his wife who is also in the public sector...

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

#3 Posted by undergroundLPx (710 posts) -

Well, pretty hard for a pot head.

#4 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

what a dumbass.

#5 Posted by undergroundLPx (710 posts) -

Man this is f-cking stupid... The guy had a joint that he clearly used for recreational use and that hasn't interrupted 17 years of his career... Now he is suspended without pay which is pretty much guaranteed going to end his career given the government's extreme anti-drug policies for employees... Not only that but it is hurting the career of his wife who is also in the public sector...

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

C2N2

He should know better. I am content with the consequences he is facing, those who deal with our legal system should not use illegal drugs.

#6 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

C2N2

He brought a joint into a courtroom where it's likely some of the criminals in the room were being processed and sentenced for posession. And you think that the attorney got the shaft?

He is incredibly stupid, not the system.

#7 Posted by C2N2 (759 posts) -

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

undergroundLPx

He should know better. I am content with the consequences he is facing, those who deal with our legal system should not use illegal drugs.

He made a mistake... Its not like he woke up that morning and contemplated the possible outcomes of his actions... "Hmmm if I put this joint in my pocket then it might fall out in view of others, but that's a risk I'm willing to take!"...

#8 Posted by johnd13 (9344 posts) -

What a silly mistake. Actually it' s so silly that it makes me think if it really was a mistake or sth deeper was behind it?

#9 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

jimkabrhel

He brought a joint into a courtroom where it's likely some of the criminals in the room were being processed and sentenced for posession. And you think that the attorney got the shaft?

I think it's fair to say that both he and the system are stupid.

#10 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

[QUOTE="undergroundLPx"]

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

C2N2

He made a mistake... Its not like he woke up that morning and contemplated the possible outcomes of his actions... "Hmmm if I put this joint in my pocket then it might fall out in view of others, but that's a risk I'm willing to take!"...

He didn't take the time to check if he still had a joint in his suit. A suit that he chose to wear to court. You choose to put your key, wallet and cellphone in your pockets. A joint doesn't just magically jump in there without conscious thought.

#11 Posted by Blue-Sky (10379 posts) -

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

jimkabrhel

I agree he's stupid but if you find nothing wrong with the system, then you're part of the problem in this country.

#13 Posted by MrGeezer (59304 posts) -

C2N2
Mistakes have consequences.
#14 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

jimkabrhel

So a guy who chooses to carry a plant wrapped in paper is the problem, not the system that makes that plant illegal and needlessly chastises people who smoke it? Yeah, no.
#15 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

Blue-Sky

I agree he's stupid but if you find nothing wrong with the system, then you're part of the problem in this country.

I meant in this case. There are plenty of things wrong with the system.

#16 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

Rhazakna

So a guy who chooses to carry a plant wrapped in paper is the problem, not the system that makes that plant illegal and needlessly chastises people who smoke it? Yeah, no.

#18 Posted by TacticaI (1296 posts) -

Damn that's embarrassing. Never imagined lawyers got that comfortable in the workplace.

#19 Posted by Dj-Dampleaf (730 posts) -
So that's how R.Kelly got away with all his crimes.
#20 Posted by rcroy72 (25 posts) -
The system may be stupid but he chose to work within it. He just had a brain fart. ----------------------------------------- Rowing Machine Reviews
#21 Posted by psn8214 (14930 posts) -

Shouldn't be illegal in the first place.

#22 Posted by muller39 (14953 posts) -

What a stupid to bring into court.

#23 Posted by muller39 (14953 posts) -

psn8214
That's beside the point though.
#24 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
I have no real stance on marijuana one way or the other, but that guy really is stupid. He's been a lawyer for over a decade. I hope he would at least know to not bring an illegal substance into a courtroom of all places.
#25 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
[QUOTE="psn8214"]

muller39

Not really. A previously productive, tax-paying member of society may get fired/not get hired again because of our idiotic stance on drugs.
#26 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

C2N2

I agree, in principle, that him using marijuana recreationally is perfectly fine. But... he brought a joint to court, on the job with him? That's just stupid as hell.

#27 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

All for a f-cking joint.

F-ck.

the_bi99man

I agree, in principle, that him using marijuana recreationally is perfectly fine. But... he brought a joint to court, on the job with him? That's just stupid as hell.

Not really. It's like carrying around a pack of cigarettes. As long he wasn't high, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
#28 Posted by MrGeezer (59304 posts) -
[QUOTE="l4dak47"] Not really. A previously productive, tax-paying member of society may get fired/not get hired again because of our idiotic stance on drugs.

No, he may get fired/not get hired again because he broke the law.
#29 Posted by MrGeezer (59304 posts) -
[QUOTE="l4dak47"] Not really. It's like carrying around a pack of cigarettes. As long he wasn't high, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Wouldn't have been a big deal if he wasn't dumb enough to get caught.
#30 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="l4dak47"] Not really. A previously productive, tax-paying member of society may get fired/not get hired again because of our idiotic stance on drugs.

No, he may get fired/not get hired again because he broke the law.

Suspended without pay pending an investigation blah, blah, blah. Depends on their policy, obvs, but I'm sure like many companies, they have a zero tolerance drug policy. So, he may very well get fired.
#31 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="l4dak47"] Not really. It's like carrying around a pack of cigarettes. As long he wasn't high, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Wouldn't have been a big deal if he wasn't dumb enough to get caught.

Should never have been an issue if this nation wasn't so fvcking stupid.
#32 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
inb4 tl;dr post.
#33 Posted by MrGeezer (59304 posts) -
[QUOTE="l4dak47"] Suspended without pay pending an investigation blah, blah, blah. Depends on their policy, obvs, but I'm sure like many companies, they have a zero tolerance drug policy. So, he may very well get fired.

He knew the risks, and chose to mess with weed anyway. At the very least, he should have just been more careful to not get caught.
#34 Posted by MrGeezer (59304 posts) -
[QUOTE="l4dak47"] Should never have been an issue if this nation wasn't so fvcking stupid.

It's not an issue for me. This nation's stupid drug policy isn't getting me fired. Stupid drug policy or not, even I manage to avoid getting fired over weed, so what's this guy's excuse?
#35 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="l4dak47"] Suspended without pay pending an investigation blah, blah, blah. Depends on their policy, obvs, but I'm sure like many companies, they have a zero tolerance drug policy. So, he may very well get fired.

He knew the risks, and chose to mess with weed anyway. At the very least, he should have just been more careful to not get caught.

Agreed. Still find the whole thing dumb.
#36 Posted by muller39 (14953 posts) -
[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="psn8214"]

l4dak47

Not really. A previously productive, tax-paying member of society may get fired/not get hired again because of our idiotic stance on drugs.

It may be idiotic an idiotic stance but it's law right now and you have to act more intelligent than what the attorney showed.
#37 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="muller39"] That's beside the point though.

It may be idiotic an idiotic stance but it's law right now and you have to act more intelligent than what the attorney showed.

I guess so, but it just pisses me off is all.
#38 Posted by MrGeezer (59304 posts) -
[QUOTE="l4dak47"] Agreed. Still find the whole thing dumb.

I too find it dumb that weed is illegal, but that's not really the point. It is illegal, this guy brought an illegal substance into a courtroom, and most importantly, he got caught. Stupid law or not, this guy knew the law and he f***ed up. I disagree with plenty of laws, but disagreeing with a law doesn't absolve one of responsibility when they get caught breaking it. Don't break laws if you're not willing to face the consequences. And if you are gonna break the law, then it's on you to be careful enough to not get caught.
#39 Posted by muller39 (14953 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="l4dak47"] Agreed. Still find the whole thing dumb.

I too find it dumb that weed is illegal, but that's not really the point. It is illegal, this guy brought an illegal substance into a courtroom, and most importantly, he got caught. Stupid law or not, this guy knew the law and he f***ed up. I disagree with plenty of laws, but disagreeing with a law doesn't absolve one of responsibility when they get caught breaking it. Don't break laws if you're not willing to face the consequences. And if you are gonna break the law, then it's on you to be careful enough to not get caught.

Exactly.
#40 Posted by Serraph105 (32134 posts) -

Just do the celebrity thing and publicly put yourself in therapy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
#41 Posted by deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d (7914 posts) -
That attorney deserves the death penalty for his vicious crime, oh but casual alcohol users are saints, lets not talk about the legal drug of choice alcohol. No no no, in this society drink a beer because it's legal and stay away from the crazy haze
#42 Posted by Shottayouth13- (7016 posts) -
He's quite stupid for bringing into the courtroom knowing the risks. That said, marijuana should be legalized/decriminalized.