Attn: The State of Washington.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RonMaverick804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RonMaverick804
Member since 2006 • 2184 Posts
Hello Washington. I am from your sister state Virginia. I was just wondering how is life there? I hate it here in this hick/ghetto state. As you can imagine I am talking about Richmond VA. I hate it so much I can't even put my frusteration into words, I just want to leave. How is it in Washington State? Is pay higher? How much is Min wage? Do you have taxes? Is it true that it snows in the winter all the time?
Celldweller465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Celldweller465
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts
I hope u mean D.C, cause Washington State is too cool to be on the East Coast 8) or sisters with any of its states
RonMaverick804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RonMaverick804
haha.. DC is lame. I mean the state, and u our our sister cause the guy u are named after is from here ;)
Celldweller465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Celldweller465
Washington has no income tax, but we have sales, Western Washington is Liberal and Eastern is more Center-Right, Seattle is headquaters for alota large corporations but also has the 3rd largest amount of homeless people for any city in the nation. As with many other Western states, the percentage of Washington's population identifying themselves as "non-religious" is higher than the national average. The percentage of non-religious people in Washington is the highest of any state, and its Christian population is the lowest of any state. Oregon is abit better then Washington
RonMaverick804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RonMaverick804
no income tax.. wa? religion is not a problem for me. i dont get into race religion all that kinda stuff.. "christians" are not supposed to either. i was baptized as a baptist chrstian, not knowing how to swim scared the hack out of me but i think i might have to do it again because i have not been living the "christian" life as of late
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
move to Canada
USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 USSJAndrew
Member since 2004 • 5042 Posts

Washington has no income tax, but we have sales, Western Washington is Liberal and Eastern is more Center-Right, Seattle is headquaters for alota large corporations but also has the 3rd largest amount of homeless people for any city in the nation. As with many other Western states, the percentage of Washington's population identifying themselves as "non-religious" is higher than the national average. The percentage of non-religious people in Washington is the highest of any state, and its Christian population is the lowest of any state. Oregon is abit better then WashingtonCelldweller465

Sounds like a nice place to live

RonMaverick804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RonMaverick804

move to CanadaRamboSymbiot

that would take a lot of comparing. I would love to go to Vancover! are all the schools like degrassi there?

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]move to CanadaRonMaverick804

that would take a lot of comparing. I would love to go to Vancover! are all the schools like degrassi there?

:lol:that made me laugh. No the schools arent like degrassi. Im surprised that show is in the states

Avatar image for BeTheDifference
BeTheDifference

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 BeTheDifference
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts

most of washington sucks depending on where you live.

and it's pretty religiously diverse...which is a good thing

Celldweller465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Celldweller465
WASHINGTON
Sales Taxes
State Sales Tax:
6.5% (food and prescription drugs exempt) Local taxes may increase total tax to 8.9%. Tax is 6.8% on sales and leases of motor vehicles.
Gasoline Tax: 34 cents/gallon
Diesel Fuel Tax: 34 cents/gallon
Cigarette Tax: $2.03/pack of 20

Personal Income Taxes
No state personal income tax
Retirement Income: Not taxed.

Property Taxes
Property taxes account for about 30% of Washington's total state and local taxes. Properties are appraised at 100% of fair market value. A property tax exemption program is available for persons age 61 or older, or persons unable to work due to a physical disability. The property, which can include up to an acre of land, must be owner/buyer occupied. The state offers a property tax exemption program for those whose household income does not exceed $35,000. If your income is between $35,000 and $40,000, you may qualify for the tax deferral program. If your annual income for the application year does not exceed $35,000 your home will be exempt from all excess and special levies approved by voters. If your household income is between $25,001 and $30,000, you are exempt from regular levies on $50,000 or 35% of the assessed value, whichever is greater (but not more than 70,000 of the assessed value.

The state's tax deferral program works in conjunction with the exemption program. A senior citizen or disabled person may defer property taxes or special assessments on their residence if they meet certain age, disability, ownership, occupancy and income requirements. The state pays the taxes on behalf of the claimant and files a lien on the property to indicate the state has an interest in the property. The deferred taxes must be repaid to the state plus 5% interest when the owner dies, sells or moves from the home, or doesn't have sufficient equity in the property. Qualified people may participate in both or one of these programs.

For more details on property taxes, click here or call 800-647-7706.

Inheritance and Estate Taxes
Washington replaced the inheritance tax in 1982 with an estate tax. A new Washington estate tax took effect May 17, 2005. Estates of decedents who die on or after May 17th are subject to the estate tax. This is a stand-alone tax that incorporates some provisions of the Internal Revenue Code as of January 1, 2005. However, the Washington estate tax is not affected by the termination of the federal estate tax in 2010. The new law allows an exemption of $1.5 million for decedents dying in 2005 and $2 million for decedents dying on or after January 1, 2006. These exemptions match the estate tax exemptions under the federal estate tax law for 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. The exemption increases to $3.5 million in 2009. The estate tax rates start at 10% on values in excess of $1.5 million and increase gradually to 19% on amounts in excess of $9 million.

For further information, visit the Washington Department of Revenue site or call 800-647-7706.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I know some people that live in Washington State. I too, live in Virginia, and this place sucks. Please, noone move here, for your own good. How is Oregon though? I was looking at some colleges there and wonder what it was like.
RonMaverick804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RonMaverick804

I know some people that live in Washington State. I too, live in Virginia, and this place sucks. Please, noone move here, for your own good. How is Oregon though? I was looking at some colleges there and wonder what it was like.helium_flash

you mean dont move to va or wa?

mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
[QUOTE="RonMaverick804"]

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]move to CanadaRamboSymbiot

:lol:that made me laugh. No the schools arent like degrassi. Im surprised that show is in the states

lololol

RonMaverick804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RonMaverick804
I'd totally go If I could snag me a Manny.. hehe
Greg-M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Greg-M
Member since 2004 • 158 Posts

I grew up in Spokane, which is the second largest city in Washington. It's right near the Washington-Idaho border, and there are a lot of great outdoor recreation activities really close by. Skiing, fishing, hunting, snomobiling, camping, hiking, boating, you name it. Spokane is not a big city, but it's big enough that it doesn't feel completely uncivilized.

I also lived and worked in Seattle for a couple years, and I loved it over there. It reminds me of a smaller, cleaner, wetter San Francisco. The people in Seattle are totally laid back and for the most part very liberal. Lots of hippies and a great music scene. Again, plenty of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors, Puget Sound, and gorgeous rain forests.

Central Washington...well, it's pretty barren. There's not much to see in the middle of Washington. Moses Lake is a big lake in the middle of nowhere, but it's nothing special. I went to college at Washington State which is out in the middle of a bunch of wheat fields. It's a good school, and it's a pretty nice campus, but there's not much to do out there.

RonMaverick804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RonMaverick804
I saw the website for Washington.. I was like WTF.. U got Skiing, Camping in a desert setting, tropical forests, rock climbing, surfboarding, farming.. haha im just used to the city life kinda, also by varina where i see cows and horses everyday. I guess it is as cool as it looks there