Athiests and the like - I have something for you

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
I would just like those who don't believe in God or those unsure of their faith to watch this documentary. I've been looking for a way to convey how God's work and miracles are still being done on earth today and this video presents it in a nice way. Open your minds for the duration of this documentary and just take it in. Please post what you think about it. Finger of God - Part 1Finger of God - Part 2Finger of God - Part 3Finger of God - Part 4Finger of God - Part 5Finger of God - Part 6Finger of God - Part 7Finger of God - Part 8Finger of God - Part 9Finger of God - Part 10 Question: What do you make of the people in the video being healed in the name of Jesus? Or the many testimonies throughout? Tell me your theories.
Avatar image for deactivated-597bb01c846a2
deactivated-597bb01c846a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#2 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
Member since 2011 • 1495 Posts
A waste of time. It won't change my mind about anything. Religion and the concept of God is man made, and if God is real, it has nothing to do with any religion on this planet.
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
It's based on the supposition that atheists will take any stock in miracles. Hint: We don't. Good try though :)
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Ever heard of the persian god Mithra? Do some research about it. You might actually be surprised.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
In my opinion, God was just a figment of mans imagination when man first thought. The belief system of God and religion itself has too many critical flaws and contradictions for me to believe in it strongly.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Let me guess, it is a whole series about how "Nothing could have randomly happened, just looking at it assures me that it must be designed by a being greater than I." I wish I had unlimited data and could waste my time with this at work. It would give me something to do.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I believe a TLDW is appropriate here.

I'm not an athiest myself, but I know how the internet works. A ten minute video is usually too long, much less ten videos.

Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kcube
Member since 2003 • 25398 Posts
Christians trying to convert atheist - Check Athiest trying to get christians to stop beleiving - Check
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#10 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Another documentary that calls god a he

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
[QUOTE="Kcube"]Christians trying to convert atheist - Check Athiest trying to get christians to stop beleiving - Check

I don't bother with that crap. If they wanted to, they would have stopped following religion a long time. I'm not saying they would have stopped necessarily believing that there may be a god, but at the least they would accept that the Bible and other similar texts as a fairy tale.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I'd rather not and save myself the time. I've heard everything out there that religious folk use to convert sinful people like me.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
I thought after the unpleasantness with the CWU and the declaration that we are in Satan's Lair, evangelism was frowned upon here anyway
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

no thanks

I believe a TLDW is appropriate here.Serraph105

it is

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 foxhound_fox
I thought after the unpleasantness with the CWU and the declaration that we are in Satan's Lair, evangelism was frowned upon here anywayxaos
It doesn't help when our glorious leader isn't spreading the Gospel of Sin as much as he used to.
Pikdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pikdum
Member since 2010 • 2244 Posts

I'm fairly positive nothing a religious person can say can make me believe in god.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 194197844077667059316682358889
[QUOTE="xaos"]I thought after the unpleasantness with the CWU and the declaration that we are in Satan's Lair, evangelism was frowned upon here anywayfoxhound_fox
It doesn't help when our glorious leader isn't spreading the Gospel of Sin as much as he used to.

The beauty is that sin spreads itself, allowing me to just lay back
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Diviniuz
I can't stand all the praise an imaginary figure gets. When something great happens its because of god.
Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kcube
[QUOTE="xaos"]I thought after the unpleasantness with the CWU and the declaration that we are in Satan's Lair, evangelism was frowned upon here anywayfoxhound_fox

Tell him to stop slacking or the boogyman is going to catch you by surprise :P
the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts

Not gonna work, buddy. Atheists have "rational" explanations for miracles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 194197844077667059316682358889
Not gonna work, buddy. Atheists have rational explanations for miracles.the_plan_man
Fixed a couple of typos for you, slight misspelling and erroneous use of scare quotes.
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

[QUOTE="Kcube"]Christians trying to convert atheist - Check Athiest trying to get christians to stop beleiving - CheckDiophage
I don't bother with that crap. If they wanted to, they would have stopped following religion a long time. I'm not saying they would have stopped necessarily believing that there may be a god, but at the least they would accept that the Bible and other similar texts as a fairy tale.

The New Testament is certainly not a fairy tale. Jesus is a real historical figure by all extents, and the four gospels in the NT all give the same accounts. His teachings are the foundations of Christianity. While you may or may not believe that Jesus performed miracles, died and rose from the dead, you cannot say that he and his death aren't real because they are real by historical account. Therefore, Christianity isn't in any way a "fairy tale" nor does it come from "fairty tale" book. Also, many books in the Old Testament such as Kings are also historically accurate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-597bb01c846a2

[QUOTE="Diophage"][QUOTE="Kcube"]Christians trying to convert atheist - Check Athiest trying to get christians to stop beleiving - CheckSamurai_Xavier

The New Testament is certainly not a fairy tale. Jesus is a real historical figure by all extents, and the four gospels in the NT all give the same accounts. His teachings are the foundations of Christianity. While you may or may not believe that Jesus performed miracles, died and rose from the dead, you cannot say that he and his death aren't real because they are real by historical account. Therefore, Christianity isn't in any way a "fairy tale" nor does it come from "fairty tale" book. Also, many books in the Old Testament such as Kings are also historically accurate.

Oh, yeah? Prove it.
Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kcube

[QUOTE="Diophage"][QUOTE="Kcube"]Christians trying to convert atheist - Check Athiest trying to get christians to stop beleiving - CheckSamurai_Xavier

So people actually ate his flesh and drank him at a dinner table..And worse ..they did it the night before he died. I just realised something..they ate and drank his blood but blame the romans and jewish for crucifieng him. He was murdered by his freaking followers :shock: and they created the biggest cover up in history.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foxhound_fox
The New Testament is certainly not a fairy tale. Jesus is a real historical figure by all extents, and the four gospels in the NT all give the same accounts. His teachings are the foundations of Christianity. While you may or may not believe that Jesus performed miracles, died and rose from the dead, you cannot say that he and his death aren't real because they are real by historical account. Therefore, Christianity isn't in any way a "fairy tale" nor does it come from "fairty tale" book. Also, many books in the Old Testament such as Kings are also historically accurate.Samurai_Xavier
Just because something contains an historical fact or two doesn't validate the whole thing. The Tale of Genji has historical things in it too.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="Diophage"] I don't bother with that crap. If they wanted to, they would have stopped following religion a long time. I'm not saying they would have stopped necessarily believing that there may be a god, but at the least they would accept that the Bible and other similar texts as a fairy tale. Diophage

Oh, yeah? Prove it.

I am pretty sure Jesus was a real person. There isn't overwhelming supporting evidence but there are some documentation. Was Jesus the son of god? No, god is not real. Was Jesus a good person? It appears he was. Did Jesus ever know he was never the son of God? That I am unsure of. Sounds completely dependent on what his mother told him. One thing I am not too fond of is athetists hating on Jesus.

The man was a cool dude. But like the tons of literature back then, you can't really trust it. They believed the world was flat, center of the universe, no real bearing on science, and lived with governments heavily based on religion. Did Jesus self-rez? lol no

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

well you go believing god and when we find another form of life (cause we will youd be a fool to think were alone (but not like hardcore alien abduction bs)) the christian faith is going to need to explain exactly how they fit into this mess.. o wait right gods image n sh!t

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]The New Testament is certainly not a fairy tale. Jesus is a real historical figure by all extents, and the four gospels in the NT all give the same accounts. His teachings are the foundations of Christianity. While you may or may not believe that Jesus performed miracles, died and rose from the dead, you cannot say that he and his death aren't real because they are real by historical account. Therefore, Christianity isn't in any way a "fairy tale" nor does it come from "fairty tale" book. Also, many books in the Old Testament such as Kings are also historically accurate.foxhound_fox
Just because something contains an historical fact or two doesn't validate the whole thing. The Tale of Genji has historical things in it too.

I never finish what someone says after "just becasue" anymore. ;p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
[QUOTE="Diophage"][QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]The New Testament is certainly not a fairy tale. Jesus is a real historical figure by all extents, and the four gospels in the NT all give the same accounts. His teachings are the foundations of Christianity. While you may or may not believe that Jesus performed miracles, died and rose from the dead, you cannot say that he and his death aren't real because they are real by historical account. Therefore, Christianity isn't in any way a "fairy tale" nor does it come from "fairty tale" book. Also, many books in the Old Testament such as Kings are also historically accurate.Diviniuz
Oh, yeah? Prove it.

I am pretty sure Jesus was a real person. There isn't overwhelming supporting evidence but there are some documentation. Was Jesus the son of god? No, god is not real. Was Jesus a good person? It appears he was. Did Jesus ever know he was never the son of God? That I am unsure of. Sounds completely dependent on what his mother told him. One thing I am not too fond of is athetists hating on Jesus. The man was a cool dude. But like the tons of literature back then, you can't really trust it. They believed the world was flat, center of the universe, no real bearing on science, and lived with governments heavily based on religion.

Is that right? Well, you're gonna have to prove it. "I'm pretty sure" doesn't prove it.
Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kcube
Why do you eat the body of christ? and let kids drink wine?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
Why do you eat the body of christ? and let kids drink wine?Kcube
Because it teaches good morals like cannibalism, and also helps to promote healthy alcoholism.
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Samurai_Xavier

[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="Diophage"] I don't bother with that crap. If they wanted to, they would have stopped following religion a long time. I'm not saying they would have stopped necessarily believing that there may be a god, but at the least they would accept that the Bible and other similar texts as a fairy tale. Diophage

Oh, yeah? Prove it.

I'm not going to bother looking for an article that proves the historical existence of Jesus. Just read Wikipedia. If you don't believe Jesus actually existed, had dozens of followers, and was killed by the Roman empire, you are not someone worth arguing with because its a pretty well known fact that Jesus was a real person, and most of the accounts in the Bible of his teachings are also real.

BTW, I'm not saying you have to believe he performed miracles or rose from the dead. It's fine if you don't believe that. But Christianity comes from his teachings, which are historically documented. Therefore, Christianity comes from a real person who gave real teachings, not from fairy tales.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
[QUOTE="Diophage"][QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]The New Testament is certainly not a fairy tale. Jesus is a real historical figure by all extents, and the four gospels in the NT all give the same accounts. His teachings are the foundations of Christianity. While you may or may not believe that Jesus performed miracles, died and rose from the dead, you cannot say that he and his death aren't real because they are real by historical account. Therefore, Christianity isn't in any way a "fairy tale" nor does it come from "fairty tale" book. Also, many books in the Old Testament such as Kings are also historically accurateSamurai_Xavier
Oh, yeah? Prove it.

I'm not going to bother looking for an article that proves the historical existence of Jesus. Just read Wikipedia. If you don't believe Jesus actually existed, had dozens of followers, and was killed by the Roman empire, you are not someone worth arguing with because its a pretty well known fact that Jesus was a real person, and most of the accounts in the Bible of his teachings are also real.BTW, I'm not saying you have to believe he performed miracles or rose from the dead. It's fine if you don't believe that. But Christianity comes from his teachings, which are historically documented. Therefore, Christianity comes from a real person who gave real teachings, not from fairy tales.

I don't need to prove it. Read wikipedia. That pretty much sums up your redundant paragraph.
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Samurai_Xavier
[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]The New Testament is certainly not a fairy tale. Jesus is a real historical figure by all extents, and the four gospels in the NT all give the same accounts. His teachings are the foundations of Christianity. While you may or may not believe that Jesus performed miracles, died and rose from the dead, you cannot say that he and his death aren't real because they are real by historical account. Therefore, Christianity isn't in any way a "fairy tale" nor does it come from "fairty tale" book. Also, many books in the Old Testament such as Kings are also historically accurate.foxhound_fox

I never said it validated anything. I was just trying to say that the Bible and Christianity isn't just "fairy tales".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 194197844077667059316682358889
Why do you eat the body of christ? and let kids drink wine?Kcube
It's not wine, it's blood :x
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="the_plan_man"]Not gonna work, buddy. Atheists have rational explanations for miracles.xaos
Fixed a couple of typos for you, slight misspelling and erroneous use of scare quotes.

I bet 10 dollars, that if god appear to you in person for proof, you try to rationalize it away.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="the_plan_man"]Not gonna work, buddy. Atheists have rational explanations for miracles.alexside1

I bet 10 dollars, that if god appear to you in person for proof, you try to rationalize it away.

You aint got 10 dollars, Jenny.
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="KiIIyou"][QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="xaos"] Fixed a couple of typos for you, slight misspelling and erroneous use of scare quotes.

You aint got 10 dollars, Jenny.

****, looks like I been foiled.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Seriously, OP, you should know better than to try and convert the Atheists of OT. You'll have an easier time getting an OT metalhead to listen to rap or pop than you will have getting an OT Atheist (or most other Atheists in general) to believe in God.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-597bb01c846a2

[QUOTE="Diophage"]I don't need to prove it. Read wikipedia. That pretty much sums up your redundant paragraph. Samurai_Xavier

Fine, based on your remarkably unintelligent and troll posts, you are someone not worth paying attention to.

Oh, alright. If you say so. I'm just saying, his existence is heavily debated. Since you like Wikipedia so much http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus#Jesus_as_a_historical_person
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="the_plan_man"]Not gonna work, buddy. Atheists have rational explanations for miracles.alexside1

Yes, even if there was a God and it came to me in person, I'd immediately try to understand it and that means questioning it. I'd be skeptical, what if it's just a damn alien with extremely advanced technology and it can do stuff that to us looks like a miracle?
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Diviniuz
[QUOTE="Diophage"][QUOTE="Diviniuz"][QUOTE="Diophage"] Oh, yeah? Prove it.

I am pretty sure Jesus was a real person. There isn't overwhelming supporting evidence but there are some documentation. Was Jesus the son of god? No, god is not real. Was Jesus a good person? It appears he was. Did Jesus ever know he was never the son of God? That I am unsure of. Sounds completely dependent on what his mother told him. One thing I am not too fond of is athetists hating on Jesus. The man was a cool dude. But like the tons of literature back then, you can't really trust it. They believed the world was flat, center of the universe, no real bearing on science, and lived with governments heavily based on religion.

Is that right? Well, you're gonna have to prove it. "I'm pretty sure" doesn't prove it.

Oh I am not stating I am certain. I do recall there being some evidence of Jesus existence. If he didn't exist I won't lose sleep over it.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

"I don't understand

therefore God"

This will save a lot of people a lot of time.

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
Doesn't anyone find it interesting how, when they pray for someone, the specifically ask for symptom X to be removed in JESUS name and it is! Why would any other God/no God allow a miracle to happen in Jesus name? So to those people who have watched it, what do you make of people being healed? This is where you fall short. You say there is no substance but what about these people being healed in Jesus name? What do you think it is? Coincidence? Completely made up? Everyone in is either lieing or an actor? I want to know your theory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 194197844077667059316682358889

A whole $10? Too rich for my blood
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kcube

I wouldn't I would just be spooked and kick him in the balls.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

yeah, like i havent lost enough time to the massive delusion going on called religion i would lose 2 h of my life ( dont rly know how long it is nor i care) to watch people make bs to fit in theeir book.