As a Chinese watching your political banter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChangBangTang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChangBangTang
Member since 2016 • 20 Posts

These allegations and hate would never happen in our political issues and news. Is freedom of speech always the best thing to have in the world? Why do you want the world to know your presidents are sleeping with a lot of women? Curious

Some people are really becoming fearful of America and they do believe everyone has guns. Which I know isn't true but is it a good look?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Xi has been jailing and purging people left and right for perceived "corruption". The current leader of the Communist Party of China makes Trump seem like an anarchist.

I'm not sure this is an honest thread.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

I will sum everything up for you. Hillary Clinton is a corrupt hag who is clearly unfit for president. Hopefully she doesn't make it to the election because if she gets elected god help america... There is nothing wrong with Donald Trump, he is a genuine person who speaks his mind. The problem with Americans is they all want whats best for themselves, Shillary is a devil putting on an angel facade and Donald Trump is just Donald Trump - hes rich as **** and quite frankly could live better off without the presidency so in essence he is a responsible man wanting to do what's best for his country.

ChangBangTang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ChangBangTang

@Aljosa23: We hardly have police interference on the street because we don't need it

Ghost- I would ask if we really know anything other than what we are shown?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Xi has been jailing and purging people left and right for perceived "corruption". The current leader of the Communist Party of China makes Trump seem like an anarchist.

I'm not sure this is an honest thread.

No shit. The Chinese execute nearly 10k people per year (per Amnesty International). Irony meter seems to have fried due to overload.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

The problem with Americans is they all want whats best for themselves

And your man Trump is in no way going to give americans what is best for themselves. I now understand why you support him, you think it's a bad thing for americans to get whats best for them.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

I will sum everything up for you. Hillary Clinton is a corrupt hag who is clearly unfit for president. Hopefully she doesn't make it to the election because if she gets elected god help america... There is nothing wrong with Donald Trump, he is a genuine person who speaks his mind. The problem with Americans is they all want whats best for themselves, Shillary is a devil putting on an angel facade and Donald Trump is just Donald Trump - hes rich as **** and quite frankly could live better off without the presidency so in essence he is a responsible man wanting to do what's best for his country.

That is the biggest load of brainwashed bullshit I have ever read. "He's rich so he doesn't need to be president, so this makes him altruistic?" Do you know what the powerful want? MORE POWER! Trump is a megalomaniac with a history of serving only himself at the expense of others. The only way for him to continue this trend is to get into a position of influence and power...like a political position...like the presidency.

As for the Chinese perspective, that's the pot calling the kettle black. That's all I have to say about that; about a country notorious for oppression, political executions, and government corruption.

How a country like China can "own" a good chunk of the US is beyond me; and if we want that trend to continue, elect Trump. We will hand this country to outside powers on a silver platter with how he wants to run things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#9 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

Nope. Guns and people with them are nuts in this country. As for freedom of speech - you're right. Sometimes I think we have too many freedoms.

Jesus, and I bet you call yourself a liberal too. "I'm all for free speech, but---"

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@changbangtang: Really? Then why is your women trying to flee the country? I have actually dated a lot of Chinese women that wish to stay in the US.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178810 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

Sometimes I think we have too many freedoms.

@GhostHawk196 said:

There is nothing wrong with Donald Trump,

LOL comedy hour..............

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

threads like these make you think

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23010 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

hes rich as **** and quite frankly could live better off without the presidency so in essence he is a responsible man wanting to do what's best for his country.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read all week.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@changbangtang said:

Some people are really becoming fearful of America and they do believe everyone has guns. Which I know isn't true but is it a good look?

not everyone has guns in the US, but there are more guns in the US than there is people... I dont know whats worse.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

hes rich as **** and quite frankly could live better off without the presidency so in essence he is a responsible man wanting to do what's best for his country.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read all week.

That was written by a man who has freebased the Trump Kool-aid.

worms631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By worms631
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

stay out of our politics

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

Nope. Guns and people with them are nuts in this country. As for freedom of speech - you're right. Sometimes I think we have too many freedoms.

Have you ever been imprisoned for sharing facts/opinions/beliefs?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17640 Posts

Trump is to blame for turning this election into a shit show. His vitriolic rhetoric encouraging violence, spewing lies, being disrespectful, arrogant, disgusting, sexist, mysogynistic and racist has emboldened his supporters to the worst degree. Trump has lowered the standards of what's decent into outright depravity.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Trump is to blame for turning this election into a shit show. His vitriolic rhetoric encouraging violence, spewing lies, being disrespectful, arrogant, disgusting, sexist, mysogynistic and racist has emboldened his supporters to the worst degree. Trump has lowered the standards of what's decent into outright depravity.

Sounds like your personal projection to me. What the problem, buddy?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MirkoS77

@KHAndAnime: no problem.

Through your support of Trump, you've no need for projection for others to see. It's explicitly clear what you value and identity with in character.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Wow, someone from China talking about how bad the politics in America are. I guess the saying " people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" fits perfectly

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@changbangtang: not sure if serious...

ChangBangTang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ChangBangTang

yeah, very serious.

We don't have any of these issues here in china. Stop beliving everything your media feeds you.

Things are pretty overall lax in china, thats why all these foreigners come here to do their drugs and **** our women with lies and promises. Ask people who have been to China, ask my friends as well what the foreign men are here for (american, uk, Sweden, Germany, AU, India) You'll find them in a bar or promising to marry some poor girl. I don't really date them, nor do I want to. They think we are all dumb just like half the posts in this thread.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts
@changbangtang said:

yeah, very serious.

We don't have any of these issues here in china. Stop beliving everything your media feeds you.

Things are pretty overall lax in china, thats why all these foreigners come here to do their drugs and **** our women with lies and promises. Ask people who have been to China, ask my friends as well what the foreign men are here for (american, uk, Sweden, Germany, AU, India) You'll find them in a bar or promising to marry some poor girl. I don't really date them, nor do I want to. They think we are all dumb just like half the posts in this thread.

You don't have any of those issue in China because there's no competition for the chicom party. They have sole control of mainland China's internet, media and communication. It's YOU who should stop believing the chicom bullshit YOUR government controlled media has been feeding YOU.

Expats in mainland is a different matter entirely and a lot of the restrictions on your average Chinese civilians simply don't apply to them. Plus a lot of what you hear about drugs and prostitutes are actually coming out of Hong Kong, which is somewhat beyond chicom restriction on freedom of speech.

Plus culturally mainland is hella behind. You have large portion of Chinese population absolutely OBSESSED with pursuit of material wealth because they get bombarded with tales of super wealthy from both the media and in their personal lives on regular basis. Societally speaking, there's critical lack of morals and virtuous behaviors. You can find numerous examples of this from mainland's reality tv shows to behaviors of mainland tourists. This is really sad and pathetic considering long history of Chinese philosophers like Laozi and Confucius who established the moral compass within Chinese societies.

Also if you want to talk about fact: Transparency Internationals rated US 16th on the government corruption index and China is 83th tied with Columbia and Liberia. You see why people here have trouble taking you seriously.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

TC you got best username :P

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sayyy-gaa

@bmanva said:
@changbangtang said:

yeah, very serious.

You don't have any of those issue in China because there's no competition for the chicom party. They have sole control of mainland China's internet, media and communication. It's YOU who should stop believing the chicom bullshit YOUR government controlled media has been feeding YOU.

Expats in mainland is a different matter entirely and a lot of the restrictions on your average Chinese civilians simply don't apply to them. Plus a lot of what you hear about drugs and prostitutes are actually coming out of Hong Kong, which is somewhat beyond chicom restriction on freedom of speech.

Plus culturally mainland is hella behind. You have large portion of Chinese population absolutely OBSESSED with pursuit of material wealth because they get bombarded with tales of super wealthy from both the media and in their personal lives on regular basis. Societally speaking, there's critical lack of morals and virtuous behaviors. You can find numerous examples of this from mainland's reality tv shows to behaviors of mainland tourists. This is really sad and pathetic considering long history of Chinese philosophers like Laozi and Confucius who established the moral compass within Chinese societies.

Also if you want to talk about fact: Transparency Internationals rated US 16th on the government corruption index and China is 83th tied with Columbia and Liberia. You see why people here have trouble taking you seriously.

I was gonna respond but this largely sums it up. Hard to have freedom of speech issues in a country where there is no freedom of speech. And speaking about what countries fear?

Black pots should not talk about kettles.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Mind blowing that there is a legitimate contingent of anti free speech people.

This can only go downhill from here on.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Through your support of Trump, you've no need for projection for others to see. It's explicitly clear what you value and identity with in character.

Weird that the Hillary campaign was responsible for inciting riots at the trump rallies. They paid homeless and mentally ill people to start shit.

Criticize other people's character though. I promise you won't look ignorant.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I mean... a lot of people do have guns.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

it is not the freedom of speech's fault that politicians are so crappy these days. in the chinese version you just bury your head in the sand so you don't see it. how is that an advantage? though, I find the U.S scary personally but for other reasons, and I don't think their freedom of speech is even enough.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MirkoS77

@n64dd said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Weird that the Hillary campaign was responsible for inciting riots at the trump rallies. They paid homeless and mentally ill people to start shit.

You mean the handicapped that Trump mocked? Karma's a bitch, ain't it?

Loading Video...

.......nd you mean inciting violence with such rhetoric?

"I'll beat the crap out of you,"

“You know, part of the problem and part of the reason it takes so long is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore, right?"

"The audience hit back and that's what we need a little bit more of."

Real prime example of a leader that should be above such juvenile, 12 year old petulant behavior. Yes, let's elect him leader of the free world with such character. And sure, it's much better to have a candidate explicitly encourage and condone violence to millions than hire a few to cause trouble. I don't need to "criticize" Trump's character at all, it is blatant for all to see who actually aren't ignorant NOR delusional. Or perhaps just agree with his bigotry and embrace it instead of holding a semblance of decency.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@n64dd said:
@MirkoS77 said:

You mean the handicapped that Trump mocked? Karma's a bitch, ain't it?

Loading Video...

.......nd you mean inciting violence with such rhetoric?

"I'll beat the crap out of you,"

“You know, part of the problem and part of the reason it takes so long is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore, right?"

"The audience hit back and that's what we need a little bit more of."

Real prime example of a leader that should be above such juvenile, 12 year old petulant behavior. Yes, let's elect him leader of the free world with such character. And sure, it's much better to have a candidate explicitly encourage and condone violence to millions than hire a few to cause trouble. I don't need to "criticize" Trump's character at all, it is blatant for all to see who actually aren't ignorant NOR delusional. Or perhaps just agree with his bigotry and embrace it instead of holding a semblance of decency.

FBI is 99 percent certain that 5 different countries intelligence hacked hillary's email server and has information off of it.

It's almost like I called this. Now people have leverage on somebody who is in our government that shouldn't have.

She needs to be locked up and have the key thrown away.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

The issue is not freedom of speech but availability of speech. No one could predict how fucking destructive the internet is for politics and ideology. The internet does not correspond to reality and yet it has become the reality of many people, this is dysfunctional.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16517 Posts

while freedoms are important, you can honestly see how destructive things become when the government lets things go unchecked. You get a xenophobic/racist/sexist/rapist/crook/science denier as a serious candidate for the presidency of the USA. While Trump may be speaking what we are all thinking, we honestly never ask ourselves whether what we are thinking is right or wrong. That is ultimately a matter of personal reflection, and not something an idiot like Trump can tell us to think. As for clinton, it is obvious she has her friends in the banking industry, but when you think about it, every politician has some rich industry behind them. The email fiasco is blown out of proportion in my eyes, since the FBI still hasn't found anything criminal. Of course her actions imply incompetence, but that was the reason she "quit" (or was fired) as secretary of state.

The thing with China is that is suppresses all sorts of freedoms, especially with speech being the most important. However this means all the hate/bigotted speech is controlled just as much if not more than the positive speech, so theres good and bad of that system. I can confidently say, China would NEVER allow an idiot like trump to even sniff presidency, let alone even become a senator or hell even a simple mayor. Seeing how far things have spiraled out of control in our own political system, it would be wise to take a page out of Chinas book and start censoring certain kinds of speech, ie hate/fear mongering/misinformation etc.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sayyy-gaa

@blaznwiipspman1: certain kinds of speech huh? That sentence made sense when you typed it didn't it? Who determines what "type" of speech is censored? And where? The government? The offended? The rich? The poor?

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

while freedoms are important, you can honestly see how destructive things become when the government lets things go unchecked. You get a xenophobic/racist/sexist/rapist/crook/science denier as a serious candidate for the presidency of the USA. While Trump may be speaking what we are all thinking, we honestly never ask ourselves whether what we are thinking is right or wrong. That is ultimately a matter of personal reflection, and not something an idiot like Trump can tell us to think. As for clinton, it is obvious she has her friends in the banking industry, but when you think about it, every politician has some rich industry behind them. The email fiasco is blown out of proportion in my eyes, since the FBI still hasn't found anything criminal. Of course her actions imply incompetence, but that was the reason she "quit" (or was fired) as secretary of state.

The thing with China is that is suppresses all sorts of freedoms, especially with speech being the most important. However this means all the hate/bigotted speech is controlled just as much if not more than the positive speech, so theres good and bad of that system. I can confidently say, China would NEVER allow an idiot like trump to even sniff presidency, let alone even become a senator or hell even a simple mayor. Seeing how far things have spiraled out of control in our own political system, it would be wise to take out a page in Chinas book and start sensoring certain kinds of speech, ie hate/fear mongering/misinformation etc.

And in mainland China, you can see how much worse things can be when the government have the ultimate say in what people can communicate in public. I much rather have the issues like xenophobia/racism/sexism/corruption be exposed and discussed in the public forum then have one side be suppressed because the power that be has determined to be immoral or wrong. Rather than sweeping those very human sentiments under the rug and pretend like we live in an perfect society with perfect human beings, we should encourage these type of civic conflicts.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6816 Posts

When was the last time the average American was able to participate in a real change within their country anyway? It's nice to have the so-called freedom of speech where you don't get arrested for blasting the government, but Americans are only marginally better than the Chinese in bringing change to their government/society.

Occupy Wall Street was a movement that didn't bring much change in retrospect.

Same old wars and unethical actions due to aggressive foreign policy. Example: We hear idealistic Americans complaining that their government support brutal regimes such as Saudi Arabia, but it usually doesn't go further than Internet forum rants.

Corruption of the establishment, but who's gonna do anything about that?

The elections are essentially two rich people aiming to further allow their rich buddies to prosper. Everything else is secondary in importance.

I would never say China is less corrupt than the US, but like the Republican who is quite upfront about not caring about the poor; China does not put a lot of effort at hiding their corruption.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

It is not always about looking good and saving faces, that's an idea that most Chinese people never seem go grasp. I'm not American and this election is quite disheartening to watch, but I don't think it's so bad that we should question the fundamental ideas of free speech and democracy (although you could make an argument that the system is no longer really democracy).

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

@bmanva said:
@changbangtang said:

yeah, very serious.

Very well said, a lot of westerners think the worst of themselves and the best of others, they don't really realize how self-centered, materialistic (and also racist and misogynistic) most Chinese mainlanders can be. On the surface it may look "harmonious" and "prosperous", but in terms of social mentality I don't think it even now reaches US at 1950's level (and US isn't exactly ahead in terms of social issues). Just ask any 50 Million LGBT people who have absolutely no voice and representation in the media (a population far larger than Canada). For a country with 1.4 Billion people, it is amazing how efficiently the voices of the non-conformists and minorities in general are suppressed, it can be a suffocating society for those not a part of the "majority". I would rather not let this country lecture the US on how "freedom of speech can be bad".

The US may appear to be divided on the surface, but I actually prefer loud and protesting minorities, than silent and suffering minorities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@changbangtang said:

yeah, very serious.

Isnt that the moronic view of every ultranationalistic person? Oh noes, they're here for our women!!!!

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Yeah "Chinese"

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

There is nothing wrong with Donald Trump, he is a genuine person who speaks his mind.

Agreed. He is definitely a real homo sapiens.