Arrow. (topic title must have at least 10 characters)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Really? i need 10 characters for a topic title?

anyways

Anyone watch this show? whats your thoughts on it?

just the other day, my sister told me i needed to watch this show and that it was now on Netflix. so i sat down with her and watched the show.

i remember seeing a trailer about before it came out, thought it looked interesting but never got around to watching it. til just the other day.

I gotta say, i am really enjoying the show. more to it than i had originally thought. im on season 1 episode 21. been watching it all day. pretty damn good show. not on the ranks of Fringe or Breaking Bad, but its pretty damn good.

so whats your thoughts on the show?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Been watching it since it started....

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

Is that about the green arrow? If so I might check it out. And glad to see you mention fringe, I just finished it, amazing show probably my second favorite of all time.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts

I love it. Seen all of them so far.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 konvikt_17

@mattykovax said:

Is that about the green arrow? If so I might check it out. And glad to see you mention fringe, I just finished it, amazing show probably my second favorite of all time.

i believe so, yes.

i love Fringe. its my number 1 fave show. i love the character interaction. they all did amazing.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Only seen season 2 premiere. Did enjoy it though, and doesn't seem like I need to watch season 1 to understand the plot. I'll be watching the rest of season 2.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@konvikt_17: yes and though it sucked to only get 5 seasons it never had a chance to start sucking, went out on a high note.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 konvikt_17

@mattykovax said:

@konvikt_17: yes and though it sucked to only get 5 seasons it never had a chance to start sucking, went out on a high note.

indeed. would have loved to see more. but am just fine with the 5 seasons.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 konvikt_17

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

Really good show, i like the flashbacks of when he was on the island.

i love the flashbacks. i really liked the one episode that mainly focused on his time on the island.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

It started out great, got really crappy somewhere in the middle when it started going into that Smallville "freak of the week" cycle, but luckily it broke out of it towards the end and ended with a big bang. The season 2 premiere was also interesting. Overall I think its a very solid show, although there are a few things that annoy me about it, and its not so much a problem with the show as it is with the fact that its CW. First of all, everyone in the show is a super model. Ugly people are apparently banned from Starling City. This is a common problem with CW shows. And CW shows tend to be very "clean". Even the "ghetto" areas in Star City look better than most nice areas of real life neighborhoods. They may seem like minor issues but they sometimes just pull you out of the moment. Also, the actor who plays Oliver....while not terrible, could use a few acting lessons here and there.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

i started watching it last year.

I like it.I think it's way better than Smallvile.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

I enjoyed the first season, although it got kinda annoying at how many people knew who he was at the end of the season

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 II_Seraphim_II

@solidruss said:

I enjoyed the first season, although it got kinda annoying at how many people knew who he was at the end of the season

I agree with your spoiler tag comment 100%. It really got pretty ridiculous.

Atleast in the finale Tommy Merlin died, since he was a high risk character who could spill the beans. Everyone else who knows about his secret helps his so they are unlikely to spill the beans. The only high risk character is Tommy's father. I hope they have a good explanation as to why he doesnt just tell everyone. On another note, how stupid are people in Starling City? Did they not notice that "The Hood" did not appear until Oliver was saved from the Island. Then when Oliver left the city, "The Hood" suddenly disappeared and then pretty much the same day (or week) that Oliver comes back to the city, "The Hood" shows up again....

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I just added it to my Que, but I have a very very long time before I get to it. I have almost 400 things in my Que.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

I really like it, but I stopped at some point because I couldn't find the time to watch it. Hope I can pick off where I left eventually. Also loved all the little nods and cameos of other DC characters.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic

@II_Seraphim_II said:

@solidruss said:

Atleast in the finale Tommy Merlin died, since he was a high risk character who could spill the beans. Everyone else who knows about his secret helps his so they are unlikely to spill the beans. The only high risk character is Tommy's father. I hope they have a good explanation as to why he doesnt just tell everyone. On another note, how stupid are people in Starling City? Did they not notice that "The Hood" did not appear until Oliver was saved from the Island. Then when Oliver left the city, "The Hood" suddenly disappeared and then pretty much the same day (or week) that Oliver comes back to the city, "The Hood" shows up again....

Then he could spill the beans on Merlin. So he's not likely to tell.

iampenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 iampenguin
Member since 2013 • 396 Posts

Watched it for a short while but got board of it quickly.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By II_Seraphim_II

@LJS9502_basic said:

@II_Seraphim_II said:

@solidruss said:

I just rewatched the finale again and it seems that Malcolm Merlyn actually dies after being stabbed by Oliver. I even checked up on the Arrow wiki page and it seems to confirm this, although this could be one of those "false deaths" where the character shows up again later on. Either way as far as Oliver is concerned (and I suppose the viewers) he is dead hence there are no loose ends!

P.S. I really hate the new spoiler tags. Looks really messy. The old spoiler tags that created the spoiler button were so much better and made the forums look a lot neater. I'd rather see the word "spoiler" than a bunch of white bars across my screen :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic

@II_Seraphim_II: So it would seem.
But you never know. And yeah...the spoiler bars do look a bit odd.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

@II_Seraphim_II said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@II_Seraphim_II said:

@solidruss said:

I just rewatched the finale again and it seems that Malcolm Merlyn actually dies after being stabbed by Oliver. I even checked up on the Arrow wiki page and it seems to confirm this, although this could be one of those "false deaths" where the character shows up again later on. Either way as far as Oliver is concerned (and I suppose the viewers) he is dead hence there are no loose ends!

P.S. I really hate the new spoiler tags. Looks really messy. The old spoiler tags that created the spoiler button were so much better and made the forums look a lot neater. I'd rather see the word "spoiler" than a bunch of white bars across my screen :P

Lol, this looks like the redacted reports from area 51 :P

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 II_Seraphim_II

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@konvikt_17 said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

Really good show, i like the flashbacks of when he was on the island.

i love the flashbacks. i really liked the one episode that mainly focused on his time on the island.

I feel like there is much more to this island he was stranded on, but not sure whaT.

Id actually like to see a whole season of Oliver on that island and how he survived/the people he meet/killed etc...

A whole season on the Island wouldn't be a good idea IMO. If they did that the show would have more LOST vibes than Green Arrow vibes. I think the way it is now is perfect, and in a sense it reminds me of LOST, but in a good way. I always enjoyed how in LOST the flashbacks would directly correlate with a major decision a character makes in that episode. So for example in the episode John Doe will show no mercy to a bad guy, and the flashback will show some previous event that occurred in his life to make him so merciless. The flash backs in Arrow, while less masterfully done, serve the same purpose to some degree and I think thats how they should stay. In these origin stories, everyone is more excited to see the hero in his suit, than the hero being groomed to put on the suit.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

I'm really enjoying the show. I'm glad that they're doing a superhero show in a way that actually does credit to the source material. I like the way they're going in the second season with changing The Hood. It was a great set-up for what is to come.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

I haven't started the new season yet, but season 1 was incredibly awesome. I will definitely continue watching provided the quality doesn't get worse.