Arizona State representative, want to stop trans-people from using public WCs.

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts

What is wrong with this state? First it was that women are pregant 2 weeks before they have sex, now trans-people might not be able to use public restrooms?

"If the bill passes with his amendment, police could stop any woman trying to use a women's restroom. She'd have to show proof that she's a woman, and if she doesn't have ID or the gender on her ID doesn't match her gender identity because she's trans  6 months jail and a $2,500 fine."

When asked why the bill targeted trans people he explained that it's because he thinks "they're weird."

Edit: Linky

USA, get your s*it together!

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

What is wrong with this state? First it was that women are pregant 2 weeks before they have sex, now trans-people might not be able to use public restrooms?

"If the bill passes with his amendment, police could stop any woman trying to use a women's restroom. She'd have to show proof that she's a woman, and if she doesn't have ID or the gender on her ID doesn't match her gender identity because she's trans  6 months jail and a $2,500 fine."

When asked why the bill targeted trans people he explained that it's because he thinks "they're weird."

trasherhead
People with wieners shouldn't use the women's restroom. I still don't like this because we don't need anymore stupid laws that violate peoples privacy.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
A great example of why public buildings should be privatized.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

Arizona is starting to make mississippi look good.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Hm...?

Oh, just another bill that would violate peoples' privacy.

yawn

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

A great example of why public buildings should be privatized.Laihendi

Because private companies won't use prejudice to keep segments of the population away? Remember the story about the bakery that refused to make a cake for a same sex couple. 

Private buildings will make excuses as to why they will refuse to serve minorities, homosexuals, etc.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
Arizona is getting some Texas influences, its contagious!
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Because private companies won't use prejudice to keep segments of the population away? Remember the story about the bakery that refused to make a cake for a same sex couple. 

Private buildings will make excuses as to why they will refuse to serve minorities, homosexuals, etc.

jimkabrhel

Companies with disagreeable stances will often lose business because of said stances.

If enough people really cared, they would go out of business.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
I'd like to make a law that forbids fat, sweat-ridden homophobes from coming near me but I guess that's out of the question in Arizona.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]A great example of why public buildings should be privatized.jimkabrhel

But what they did was ok, because it was free enterprise!
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

trasherhead
Somehow I don't think there's much danger of this actually happening.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

trasherhead
TC get your sh*t together. The US has 50 states not one.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]A great example of why public buildings should be privatized.jimkabrhel

If you are not wanted on someone's property then you have no business being there.

Government trying to legislate social acceptance for minorities who are discriminated against just makes the problem worse by exacerbating tension between the minorities and the majority who is being legislated against.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]A great example of why public buildings should be privatized.Laihendi

If you are not wanted on someone's property then you have no business being there.

Government trying to legislate social acceptance for minorities who are discriminated against just makes the problem worse by exacerbating tension between the minorities and the majority who is being legislated against.

lol
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts
[QUOTE="trasherhead"]

LJS9502_basic

To be fair.......Arizona isn't the only state that has horrible laws on the books or proposed that is aimed at the LGBT community.....
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]A great example of why public buildings should be privatized.Laihendi

Yes because before the civil rights movement everything was fine and dandy for black people.... Oh wait.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Just wondering.......

I don't have any problems if trans-people use the same john I'm using.

But, do trans-people have frank n beans or tacos down there?

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"] People with wieners shouldn't use the women's restroom. I still don't like this because we don't need anymore stupid laws that violate peoples privacy.

As a woman, I don't care if somebody with a penis would like to use the same washroom as I am. I have no problem with allowing a transgender person to use the same washroom as I'm in. I don't feel as though my privacy would be violated. Honestly, I probably would never know if they were. Because the ladies' room only has stalls, so I don't see anyone else's genitals. The men's room has both urinals and stalls, but is a pre-op ftm transgender person with no penis going to use a urinal? Nope. They'll use a stall. So you'll never know that dude is actually a lady. I have sympathy because a LOT of transgender people do not look the sex they were born anymore, due to hormones and whatnot. If I were born with a vagina and had been taking hormones and lifting, and turned into a large bulky man with facial hair, I don't think I'd feel comfortable using the ladies' room. THAT, despite me being born with girl parts, would get more horrified gasps and looks than a male who looks female using the women's washroom. I am in complete support of allowing transgender people to use whichever bathroom they are comfortable using.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="trasherhead"]

Ring_of_fire

To be fair.......Arizona isn't the only state that has horrible laws on the books or proposed that is aimed at the LGBT community.....

This topic isn't about orientation. It's about privacy issues. My thoughts....use the bathroom where your equipment works.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

So we should just let private citizen and enterprises work it out on their own? The Civil Rights Act making things worse in this country. Hmmm, I don't think so.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
6 months in jail...for doing something that would harm absolutely nobody. :|
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
6 months in jail...for doing something that would harm absolutely nobody. :|JML897
I do think that you can be arrested for using the wrong bathroom.....
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"][QUOTE="DaBrainz"] People with wieners shouldn't use the women's restroom. I still don't like this because we don't need anymore stupid laws that violate peoples privacy.

As a woman, I don't care if somebody with a penis would like to use the same washroom as I am. I have no problem with allowing a transgender person to use the same washroom as I'm in. I don't feel as though my privacy would be violated. Honestly, I probably would never know if they were. Because the ladies' room only has stalls, so I don't see anyone else's genitals. The men's room has both urinals and stalls, but is a pre-op ftm transgender person with no penis going to use a urinal? Nope. They'll use a stall. So you'll never know that dude is actually a lady. I have sympathy because a LOT of transgender people do not look the sex they were born anymore, due to hormones and whatnot. If I were born with a vagina and had been taking hormones and lifting, and turned into a large bulky man with facial hair, I don't think I'd feel comfortable using the ladies' room. THAT, despite me being born with girl parts, would get more horrified gasps and looks than a male who looks female using the women's washroom. I am in complete support of allowing transgender people to use whichever bathroom they are comfortable using.

agreed
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="XilePrincess"][QUOTE="DaBrainz"] People with wieners shouldn't use the women's restroom. I still don't like this because we don't need anymore stupid laws that violate peoples privacy.

agreed

Eh I don't agree with that. Pre op and post op are different. If you want to go that far then I guess we should just have generic bathrooms for everyone.....
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JML897
[QUOTE="JML897"]6 months in jail...for doing something that would harm absolutely nobody. :|LJS9502_basic

I never knew that. That's ridiculous to me. If I were to use the women's bathroom I'd expect to get some weird looks but it doesn't seem like something worth arresting people over.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rich3232
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="XilePrincess"] As a woman, I don't care if somebody with a penis would like to use the same washroom as I am. I have no problem with allowing a transgender person to use the same washroom as I'm in. I don't feel as though my privacy would be violated. Honestly, I probably would never know if they were. Because the ladies' room only has stalls, so I don't see anyone else's genitals. The men's room has both urinals and stalls, but is a pre-op ftm transgender person with no penis going to use a urinal? Nope. They'll use a stall. So you'll never know that dude is actually a lady. I have sympathy because a LOT of transgender people do not look the sex they were born anymore, due to hormones and whatnot. If I were born with a vagina and had been taking hormones and lifting, and turned into a large bulky man with facial hair, I don't think I'd feel comfortable using the ladies' room. THAT, despite me being born with girl parts, would get more horrified gasps and looks than a male who looks female using the women's washroom. I am in complete support of allowing transgender people to use whichever bathroom they are comfortable using.

agreed

Eh I don't agree with that. Pre op and post op are different. If you want to go that far then I guess we should just have generic bathrooms for everyone.....

Unisex bathrooms are fine with me.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="JML897"]6 months in jail...for doing something that would harm absolutely nobody. :|JML897

I never knew that. That's ridiculous to me. If I were to use the women's bathroom I'd expect to get some weird looks but it doesn't seem like something worth arresting people over.

Ah well I know that because at a sporting event some girls used the men's room it was faster with no lines....and got arrested for doing so.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"] agreed

Would they be fine for you as a parent with a young child?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

So we should just let private citizen and enterprises work it out on their own? The Civil Rights Act making things worse in this country. Hmmm, I don't think so.

There is a difference between not discriminating, and discriminating against the majority. If you understood that then you would understand why the Civil Rights Act is a joke.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rich3232
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Eh I don't agree with that. Pre op and post op are different. If you want to go that far then I guess we should just have generic bathrooms for everyone.....LJS9502_basic

Yea, since I'll be with the child. Your implication is kind of weird, tho.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaBrainz
Honestly I don't know why anybody would choose the women's restroom over the men's. The men' bathroom is almost always much cleaner.
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts
[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] If you are not wanted on someone's property then you have no business being there.

Laihendi

There is a difference between not discriminating, and discriminating against the majority. If you understood that then you would understand why the Civil Rights Act is a joke.

you are seriously the best troll i have seen in all my days
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Eh I don't agree with that. Pre op and post op are different. If you want to go that far then I guess we should just have generic bathrooms for everyone.....LJS9502_basic

What difference would that make? You're fine with your son going to the bathroom with a bunch of old men, but not woman? What difference does it make?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"] Unisex bathrooms are fine with me.

What about a teenage daughter and no....you're not going to the bathroom with her.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rich3232
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Would they be fine for you as a parent with a young child?

What about a teenage daughter and no....you're not going to the bathroom with her.

At that point, she's old enough.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JML897
The men' bathroom is almost always much cleaner. DaBrainz
Really? I can't imagine how disgusting women's bathrooms are then
bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bigfoot2045
Member since 2012 • 732 Posts

Can Arizona just secede already and become the modern version of Nazi Germany that it so clearly wants to be? 

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"] Yea, since I'll be with the child. Your implication is kind of weird, tho.

A fifteen year old girl is old enough to be partially undressed around older men? Okay then....don't have children.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rich3232
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]What about a teenage daughter and no....you're not going to the bathroom with her.LJS9502_basic

A fifteen year old girl is old enough to be partially undressed around older men? Okay then....don't have children.

dat strawman.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
The hell is going on in 'Murica these days? It's like it's going backwards. Gay-hating, lesbian discriminating, vaginas that can repel rape-sperm.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Abbeten

^ This.

I'm mindfvcked as to why he keeps posting as if people actually take him seriously.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"] At that point, she's old enough.

dat strawman.

What do you think happens in bathrooms? That is not a straw man. It's what you just said.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rich3232
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] A fifteen year old girl is old enough to be partially undressed around older men? Okay then....don't have children.

dat strawman.

What do you think happens in bathrooms? That is not a straw man. It's what you just said.

She will also be in a stall that is locked, and the typical man will not just go and rape whenever they feel like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]There is a difference between not discriminating, and discriminating against the majority. If you understood that then you would understand why the Civil Rights Act is a joke.Aljosa23

^ This.

I'm mindfvcked as to why he keeps posting as if people actually take him seriously.

I do think it's time for ad-blocking. It's just not fun trying to debate with Lai anymore.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaBrainz
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]The men' bathroom is almost always much cleaner. JML897
Really? I can't imagine how disgusting women's bathrooms are then

Ask any janitor. Men's bathroom is just a little tinkle of pee on the floor to clean up in front of the urinal. Women's bathroom has diarrhea toilet paper and tampons thrown about all willy nilly.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Rich3232"] dat strawman.

She will also be in a stall that is locked, and the typical man will not just go and rape whenever they feel like.

And we all know that only typical men use the bathroom....
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rich3232
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]What do you think happens in bathrooms? That is not a straw man. It's what you just said. LJS9502_basic

And we all know that only typical men use the bathroom....

Most do. You're exaggerating quite a bit here. What exactly is stopping a man from simply waltzing into the woman's bathroom and raping away? Nothing.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] If you are not wanted on someone's property then you have no business being there.

Laihendi

It's incredbly difficult for me to believe someone can be as stupid as you are.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

what about atypical lesbians

just sayin'

unless this is a risk minimzation thing where you are willing to tolerate the possibility of exposing your daughter to some risk of the sort

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Guybrush_3

It's incredbly difficult for me to believe someone can be as stupid as you are.

The official consensus is that he is a troll.