Ariana Grande is the #1 Artist in the World right now

• 110 results
#51 Posted by npiet1 (2310 posts) -

@elpresador-911 said:

@shellcase86: she’s 25 years old, how is finding her attractive creepy?

Because she looks 13.

#52 Posted by Jag85 (13535 posts) -

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@elpresador-911:

Her songs are bland and she looks like a 13 year old wearing adult clothing.

Same could be said about the game in your avatar though...

A lot of adult women (especially in Asia) have a "babyface" look. That doesn't make them children. It's not right to treat adult women like children just because they have a "babyface" look... which is probably why she overcompensates by dressing the way she does.

#53 Posted by uninspiredcup (33644 posts) -

@shellcase86 said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@elpresador-911:

Agreed. It's extremely creepy to me how many grown men are attracted to her despite this.

I tend to agree. She'solder now, but still looks like a little girl who found her moms makeup box.

#54 Posted by GTR12 (13474 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@GTR12 said:
@elpresador-911 said:

@GTR12: she’s a Goddess

"Japanese BBQ Finger" says hi

She is a joke, who has no Japanese friends, LOL.

From donut licker to Japanese BBQ finger... She sure loves some finger lickin' good food.

Even if she has no Japanese friends, she could've at least asked her Japanese fans. Especially for something permanent like a tattoo.

That was implied lol.

@elpresador-911 said:

@GTR12: Ariana has you on strings you scorned puppet. Hater.

She has me on strings? does that make me a Japanese BBQ?

#55 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5108 posts) -

@Jag85:

"Same could be said about the game in your avatar though..."

Neptune is the main character of one of my favorite jrpgs. I love her for her zany, ditzy attitude and her happy-go-lucky antics. But that doesn't mean that I'm *into* her that way. She's of the same gender and I don't swing that way.

#56 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166574 posts) -

That's just sad..........

#57 Posted by Gwynbleidd_91 (98 posts) -

The American hating donut licker is doing well I see, good for her I guess.

#58 Posted by Elpresador-911 (1093 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: she’s the greatest singer of all time, why would it be “sad” for her to be considered #1 ?

#59 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19735 posts) -
@Jag85 said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@elpresador-911:

Same could be said about the game in your avatar though...

A lot of adult women (especially in Asia) have a "babyface" look. That doesn't make them children. It's not right to treat adult women like children just because they have a "babyface" look... which is probably why she overcompensates by dressing the way she does.

She can sing, but she's no artist. She an entertainer that happens to use sex appeal to draw an audience. She's nothing special but to horny guys and legion of young girls that aspire to be dumb and ditzy as her.

#60 Posted by Elpresador-911 (1093 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: she’s one of the smartest people in the music industry, if you followed her on twitter you would know how far ahead she is of her peers in terms of IQ.

#61 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19735 posts) -
@elpresador-911 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: she’s one of the smartest people in the music industry, if you followed her on twitter you would know how far ahead she is of her peers in terms of IQ.

So you come back to GS to troll your obsession for Ariana Grande?

#62 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19735 posts) -

It's easy to become an music entertainer like Ariana Grande, you just need the following:

• A good enough voice (majority will be auto-tuned 98 percent of the time)
  • Good looks that has sex appeal and expensive taste in fashion
  • Have a low IQ, while pretending you're smart and deep into philosophy (Even though your don't know what philosophy means)
  • Come from a kid show such as from Disney or Nickelodeon
#63 Posted by Elpresador-911 (1093 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: I’ve been a loyal Arianator since 2014 ☺️. She’s my idol.

#64 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166574 posts) -

@elpresador-911 said:

@LJS9502_basic: she’s the greatest singer of all time, why would it be “sad” for her to be considered #1 ?

You mean you like the auto tune..........

#65 Edited by Jag85 (13535 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: Like I said, she has a wide vocal range, but that comes at the price of poor enunciation. When she hits the high notes, it's hard to make out what she's saying. It's like she's trying to sound like Mariah Carey, but just ends up sounding like gibberish.

Now that you mention it, plenty of popular singers in recent times have come from Disney/Nickolodeon shows. Ariana came from the Nick show Victorious. And even Drake, the most popular rapper around today, came from a Nickolodeon show.

#66 Posted by Randoggy (3459 posts) -

@elpresador-911 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: I’ve been a loyal Arianator since 2014 ☺️. She’s my idol.

That is sad.

#67 Posted by Elpresador-911 (1093 posts) -

@Randoggy: why???

#68 Edited by Hekarim (21 posts) -

I did not see and does not pull too much, there is the Internet ;)

#69 Posted by Herrinha (18 posts) -

@hekarim: I do not understand what's the catch in this. She is good, but she is one of many. This is not Assiah Ahat (I love her)

#70 Posted by KungfuKitten (26629 posts) -

My dad thinks she sounds like an alarm clock, but I like her Focus song a lot.

#71 Posted by Elpresador-911 (1093 posts) -

@KungfuKitten: lmao

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#72 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18789 posts) -

That'll happen when everything you put out is designed for mass consumption. But there are so many other talented musicians out there that don't get the attention they deserve, and TBH, I've never found Ariana Grande's singing to be anything to write home about. Then again, most of my experience with her is her shitty Christmas songs.

#73 Posted by Jackamomo (2156 posts) -

She's definitely up there with Marky Mark and Shampoo.

Loading Video...

#75 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166574 posts) -

@paula218 said:

not so quick bro. she is still new compare to big name like talor swift, beyonce, katty perry,etc. and having 2 album within 6 months has nothing to do with claiming one is number 1 in the world.

What a sad list. You'd think with the internet people would find better music.

#76 Posted by realistic44 (8244 posts) -

I listen to Underground Rap but to each his/her own.

My list - MF Doom, Immortal Technique, Eyedea & Big L Both- (RIP), C Rayz Walz, El-P, Benefit, Copywrite, Busdriver, Ras Kass, Vinnie Paz, Supernatural, DZK + Ra The Rugged Man.

#77 Posted by Elpresador-911 (1093 posts) -

@realistic44: good list tbh

#78 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@realistic44:

Rap it just pop music. Not so much underground’s about it.

#79 Posted by GTR12 (13474 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:
@paula218 said:

not so quick bro. she is still new compare to big name like talor swift, beyonce, katty perry,etc. and having 2 album within 6 months has nothing to do with claiming one is number 1 in the world.

What a sad list. You'd think with the internet people would find better music.

Its a bot.

#80 Posted by Jag85 (13535 posts) -

@x_karen_x: Mainstream rap is pop music. Underground rap is not pop music.

#81 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@Jag85:

It all pop music mostly. What make it underground? Because this day to age big star rapper lots of time produce smaller up to coming people or have label and sub label. People who is produce under these circumstance it exactly same thing as pop.

#82 Edited by Jag85 (13535 posts) -

@x_karen_x:

What you're describing is mainstream, not underground. If it's connected to the big labels, then that's mainstream, not underground rap. Underground music means that it's entirely independent from the big labels.

In laymen's terms, mainstream rap usually focuses more on big-budget production values (often accompanied by meaningless lyrics, a.k.a. mumble rap), whereas underground rap usually focuses more on meaningful lyrical content (e.g. about serious topics that matter to the artist).

You might want to listen to some of the artists listed by realistic44 to understand what underground rap is about. Immortal Technique is probably my favourite from the list. I might also add some UK underground rappers to the list as well, like Akala and Lowkey.

#83 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@Jag85:

What you say make very little sense. Pop music can’t have it lyric be meaningful?

What underground about it? Underground not so much exist anymore with how social media’s work. Artist try to make their music known in almost a same way. YouTube’s, tweeters, instagrams. It all the same.

Underground it a thing which people not know too much. Like in past where band or group pass around tape and people say haves you heard this or seen this group. Underground it more a movement of genre.

#84 Edited by Jackamomo (2156 posts) -

@x_karen_x: exactly. UK rave was once underground and you had to go to a field or a warehouse to hear the latest tunes.

No music is underground these days, the same for rap. Everyone will have their own website. If they are putting out white labels, they will still be trying to make money on social media.

#85 Posted by Elpresador-911 (1093 posts) -

Ariana is my raison d'être, I WILL NEVER TURN MY BACK AGAINST HER 💗💗💗🙏🙏🙏🙏😡

#86 Posted by Jag85 (13535 posts) -

@x_karen_x: It's not rocket science...

Pop = Mainstream

Underground = Niche/Indie

The same distinction exists in music, movies and games.

#87 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19735 posts) -

@elpresador-911: overrated

#88 Posted by Stranger_36 (666 posts) -

@elpresador-911 said:

Ariana is my raison d'être, I WILL NEVER TURN MY BACK AGAINST HER 💗💗💗🙏🙏🙏🙏😡

Talk about a loyal fan....

#89 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@Jag85:

So it underground music group make music and then magically it sell and then next album they make it the same music but because it sell the music it now magically pop music because it mainstream!

Sorry but it just a flaw in what you say. This a opinion maybe kid have in middle school or high school, but it not how it is.

#90 Posted by rmiller365 (793 posts) -

Ever notice how they now call themselves "artists" instead of "musicians." Maybe it's because they spend more time on image and theatrics than say, actually learning to play a real instrument or using the hell out of autotune to actually sound like a singer.

#91 Posted by Jag85 (13535 posts) -

@x_karen_x:

Pop music = Popular music

That's literally what pop music means.

#92 Posted by GTR12 (13474 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@x_karen_x:

Pop music = Popular music

That's literally what pop music means.

LOL you're a joke if you actually believe that's what it means.

Pop music also means eclectic music.

Karen has a point, what does an underground/niche person or group become if they suddenly become famous?

It applies to every other entertainment media as well, superhero movies were niche, now look at them.

#93 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@GTR12:

It what it means. However it also defeat poster point. It a genre or a trend? Kanye West he is pop act. Hip Hop and Rap it no longer what it was. It not to be diminish the music as you like it. It just popular as any other genre. Movement is over. When it first coming, rap it was not known or accept. Now it is. These many quote and unquote rapper they all WANT to be pop music but they do not want a POP label attach to them because it something they think diminish a image they make. But with socials media it just fact that movement like in the past do not exist. There a space for everyone. It not alway like that.

Tookie69 as a rapper who become in trouble with a law. He make pop music. I choose him as example because of what he involve in he good to use as analogy who maybe do not want pop stigma on his name.

Underground it more a start to a genre or trend which have following copycat. As you take grunge it was first underground music, it catch on, it hit a pop scene, and then all band try to mimic them as grunge band but to be real they play pop music.

#95 Edited by Jag85 (13535 posts) -

@GTR12:

Oxford dictionary definition of pop: "Relating to commercial popular music."

"Pop" is not a real genre, but it's just a broad label for whatever music is popular on the charts at any given point in time.

If something was popular in the past, then it was the "pop" of that era. If it's no longer popular today, then it's no longer the "pop" of today. Whatever is "pop" changes with the times.

The same goes for any media. The Western, for example, was the "pop" movie genre of its time, yet it's now a niche/indie/underground genre.

#96 Posted by GTR12 (13474 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@GTR12:

Oxford dictionary definition of pop: "Relating to commercial popular music."

"Pop" is not a real genre, but it's just a broad label for whatever music is popular on the charts at any given point in time.

If something was popular in the past, then it was the "pop" of that era. If it's no longer popular today, then it's no longer the "pop" of today. Whatever is "pop" changes with the times.

The same goes for any media. The Western, for example, was the "pop" movie genre of its time, yet it's now a niche/indie/underground genre.

Yeah you're a joke.

Terms evolve with time and if you believe the dictionary always, you will be wrong, the dictionary cannot keep up.

What does your dictionary say about this sentence;

"That music is the sh1t"

Let me guess, its bad...lol.

#97 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@Jag85:

Yes this it what I say. Trend. But, band which start with the music and make it a current pop music not alway make them pops band. It a people which mimics that it pop in many case. Band like Black Sabbath it not pop music. It become popular but as band they it stick to themselves. Band which follow and try to emulate a sound of them maybe pop but not them.

#98 Edited by Jag85 (13535 posts) -

@GTR12: And yeah, you're clearly a troll, who doesn't make any kind of logical sense whatsoever. My bad for taking your troll bait. I won't even bother responding to your juvenile nonsense any further.

@x_karen_x: Okay, but that same line of argument goes for the underground rappers mentioned above. They neither have mainstream popularity, nor are they trying to imitate mainstream hip hop. How is that any different to your Black Sabbath example, exactly?

#99 Posted by GTR12 (13474 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@GTR12: And yeah, you're clearly a troll, who doesn't make any kind of logical sense whatsoever. My bad for taking your troll bait. I won't even bother responding to your juvenile nonsense any further.

I'm the troll and you take dictionary terms literally?

How about you understand that pop music is a genre now and doesn't only mean popular music.

#100 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@Jag85:

It not original. One thing I grow up around when rap first come on a scene.

Modern underground things it just change with what technology it use. I go so far as a say it less original than even mainstream rap because something this genre rely so much on is technology. Take a underground rapper quotes to unquoted using a iMac on fruity loops or logic. It not so bad software at all. One thing it do is limitation. Make a comparison to someone like Ariana grande who have a unlimited budget and it allow less restriction.

Underground use same types of synths on a program. Fix a vocal track when a sing out in a pitch. It difficult to call somethings undergrounds these day. Hip hop/rap it fair to say it the current trend for most popular genre. Kanye West been in spotlight for long time now but there always be more easy listening pop too.

If you know what strange it that it maybe one,of a few generation where a youth don’t have their own niche scene.