Argentinian dog stays by his master's grave for six years

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
[QUOTE="xWoW_Rougex"]

Incoming rant but there's not much more to say to this topic anyway. Slightly... off-topic:

I remember a thread on Gamespot which basically said: If you had rescue either a complete stranger or your dog, which one would you rescue?

This is why I get so frustrated. Because so many in that thread claimed to own a dog yet they didn't hesitate at all to rescue the stranger instead. A pet, and especially a dog, *should* (because as I just mentioned, most don't give a **** about them) be like a family member. The article is yet another example of how wonderful dogs are and I believe there was not too long ago, some article how a dog rescued a child or so from a burning house yeah? Look how loving and loyal these are, yet most dog owners wouldn't hesitate a second to just throw them away or take their life for all kind of petty, selfish, greedy reasons.

For some reason, many claim these animals hold little value, like mere objects, just because they can't reason properly or because they can't calculate squareroots and what not. This is the case for all animals, another thing that springs to mind is a magazine, a sender asked the magazine what they should do with their troublesome cat. Apparently, the family had a kitten, that wouldn't stop biting them and they considered whether they should put the kitten down or not, messed up really. But to me, those people are inferior in my eyes. :evil:

So quick to start thinking about putting it down, there's crap loads of explanations and solutions but while human tend to go out of their way to find reasons for human to live ("sure he killed 90~ people but he might be rehabilitated if he gets to stay in a hotel room omg he must liveeeeee") but it's the opposite for animals, as soon as things don't go their way, they just start to look for reasons to put the little sucker down. ("omg, a kitten is playing with me, should he die?")

So to bump this old topic: I'd rescue the dog because it's a loved family member that really appreciates me and there is no way I could be cold enough to stab that loyal little guy in the back only to rescue a total stranger which most likely would respond "money" to the question "would you rescue a stranger or receive billions of money". I don't see how a total stranger could possibly hold more value than a loved family member.

If I had to choose between a dog's life and a human's life, I would choose the human every time; because they are, well, human. It's the natural desire to preserve one's own species.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Seems unlikely...lundy86_4

Why?

Cuz it said EVERY DAY for SIX years... I mean do you really think the dog would still sit next to the grave in the middle of a thunderstorm?
Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

Incoming rant but there's not much more to say to this topic anyway. Slightly... off-topic:

I remember a thread on Gamespot which basically said: If you had rescue either a complete stranger or your dog, which one would you rescue?

This is why I get so frustrated. Because so many in that thread claimed to own a dog yet they didn't hesitate at all to rescue the stranger instead. A pet, and especially a dog, *should* (because as I just mentioned, most don't give a **** about them) be like a family member. The article is yet another example of how wonderful dogs are and I believe there was not too long ago, some article how a dog rescued a child or so from a burning house yeah? Look how loving and loyal these are, yet most dog owners wouldn't hesitate a second to just throw them away or take their life for all kind of petty, selfish, greedy reasons.

For some reason, many claim these animals hold little value, like mere objects, just because they can't reason properly or because they can't calculate squareroots and what not. This is the case for all animals, another thing that springs to mind is a magazine, a sender asked the magazine what they should do with their troublesome cat. Apparently, the family had a kitten, that wouldn't stop biting them and they considered whether they should put the kitten down or not, messed up really. But to me, those people are inferior in my eyes. :evil:

So quick to start thinking about putting it down, there's crap loads of explanations and solutions but while human tend to go out of their way to find reasons for human to live ("sure he killed 90~ people but he might be rehabilitated if he gets to stay in a hotel room omg he must liveeeeee") but it's the opposite for animals, as soon as things don't go their way, they just start to look for reasons to put the little sucker down. ("omg, a kitten is playing with me, should he die?")

So to bump this old topic: I'd rescue the dog because it's a loved family member that really appreciates me and there is no way I could be cold enough to stab that loyal little guy in the back only to rescue a total stranger which most likely would respond "money" to the question "would you rescue a stranger or receive billions of money". I don't see how a total stranger could possibly hold more value than a loved family member.

xWoW_Rougex

I agree with you man. BUT if it were a child that was in danger then I would have to think about it. (i really love my dog lol). The key word for me is innocence. An animal is a helpless innocent creature. So is a child. A grown man/woman? That innocence is long gone. Even if they never have done anything bad (which i doubt), 100% they thought of something bad. That alone takes your innocence away from you.

I look at it this way. Would a stranger go to the depths of hell to find me and help me? no. hell i dont even think my family (not parents but cousins, uncle, so on..) would. I would bet my life that my dog would be the first looking for me. And i would do the same...

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

I agree with you man. BUT if it were a child that was in danger then I would have to think about it. (i really love my dog lol). The key word for me is innocence. An animal is a helpless innocent creature. So is a child. A grown man/woman? That innocence is long gone. Even if they never have done anything bad (which i doubt), 100% they thought of something bad. That alone takes your innocence away from you.

Omega-316

You'd rather help an animal than a person because adults aren't... innocent? That makes their life ahead of us somehow more important? I would've never thought I'd be so amazed by some posts when I first entered this thread.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

this is why dogs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>catsGamingVengeance

Dogs are nice, but they're too needy, clingy and high maintenance. Cats on the other hand don't need me to bathe them, or to take them outside all the time. They're not constantly begging for my attention, and they don't get whiny and anxious when I step out of the house. My cats are fine with a few minutes of attention a day. That suits me alright.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Seen a number of these, and they're heart-warming. May family lab would be like "F*ck you, i'm out", but my own dachshund would be heartbroken :(

Sajo7
The good thing is that most dogs are very loyal and loving. In fact, that's the main reason I want a dog.

They're great, but they are like children. Very high maintenance animals.

hmmm? they are? Bath them once a week, brush them for about 10 minutes, make sure they are up on their shots, train them to scratch at the door when they need to use the bathroom...yeah they are far from high maintenance your thinking of cats...
Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Seen a number of these, and they're heart-warming. May family lab would be like "F*ck you, i'm out", but my own dachshund would be heartbroken :(

lundy86_4

The good thing is that most dogs are very loyal and loving. In fact, that's the main reason I want a dog.

Yep, they certainly can be. I treat all my dogs exceptionally well, and make sure they are well looked after, and they are fantastic. Certain breeds are attention-hungry (my Dachshund) and some are independent (the family Labrador).

So long as you have the time available, you should totally get a dog. There are breeds for all people (different temperaments, sizes and shedding degrees).

weird that your lab is so independent. Mine goes into a state of depression anytime my family leaves the house, and whenever I pull my car up in my driveway her head's always pressed against the window. she goes crazy whenever someone comes home.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Sajo7"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] The good thing is that most dogs are very loyal and loving. In fact, that's the main reason I want a dog.WilliamRLBaker
They're great, but they are like children. Very high maintenance animals.

hmmm? they are? Bath them once a week, brush them for about 10 minutes, make sure they are up on their shots, train them to scratch at the door when they need to use the bathroom...yeah they are far from high maintenance your thinking of cats...

Apart from shots you don't have to do any of that with a cat, so how is the cat high maintenance?

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
[QUOTE="xWoW_Rougex"]

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"][QUOTE="xWoW_Rougex"]

letting the other person fall to their death..

I can either pick between a loved family member that I know ,although more naive and not as intelligent as a human being, is a good, happy, loyal and loving being. Or I could pick the stranger, and let's face it, most human are ignorant, hateful, greedy and selfish and this proof is all around us, including me and you as well. Just take a look at System Wars or the middle east or pretty much any place. This is why I like animals, no backstabbing or dirty schemes or hidden agendas, they're more simple and I like that.

Can you tell me why I should prioritize the human? Just because it's a human, because we're the same race? You'd save a complete douchebag instead? Why?

Basically here's how it goes:
Either I can save the dog and the person will die, in that case, I'll never know what kind of person it was but most likely some kind of family would be sad.
Or...
I can save the human, and the human might turn out to be a complete tool (or not) and guess what? Me and my family will be mourning instead.

Again:
Dog : me + family = happy, some family will *probably* be sad.
Human: Me and my family would be sad, other family will be happy.

So once again:
Dog: one family will be happy, guaranteed good being saved
Human: one family will be sad, possibly bad person saved.

Clear choice to me.

Never said you were wrong but I wonder... do you have a family? Like wife and kids? If you saved the dog and let a human fall to their deaths are you so sure they would not judge you? Or even the dog? If your actions made the dog only family to you afterwards, could you accept that? What if that stranger was just a stranger to you? But not to a kid that your kid knew? It is easier as i said to save the pet since they cannot judge you but remember you can be judged by others. So even if you save the dog and you are happy you'd have to remember that you do not deserve simple love from everyone.

I'd save the person because while they may always be rotten I know that some people are changed when they have an actual memory burned into them of someone not being selfish. You're not wrong dude to choose your dog by any means. I am just saying that you are wrong to say that you know you'd be happy afterwards.

Last thing. People have loved and after a event, have hated. You are not a dog. You are as you say hateful, ignorant, and greedy.