Are you Religious or Atheist?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Super_MooRio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Super_MooRio
Member since 2011 • 546 Posts

[QUOTE="Super_MooRio"]

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"] to win votes.peter1191

Of course, President Obama sat in a church for much of his life to win votes... I know you want a President without a moral compass but it will not happen.

Key example : Mitt Romney and Ron Paul... Neither are very religious (Mitt Romney claims he isn't and Ron Paul wants legalization of Heroin so I would assume he is not religious alot) and it shows in their life and actions.

Do you think it is a coincidence that Mitt Romney did all those morally inccorect things and is not very religious?

I believe Ron Paul is actually quite religious, but he has strong libertarian views and believes that people should decide for themselves what they want to do. I am not supporting him or knocking him down, just stating my perception of him.

He is not the nominee though, Willard Romney will be the nominee and he has no morals and claims to not be very religious (which would shock noone who researched the reprehensible excuse for a human being).

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="Super_MooRio"]Religious just like all of our President and current president.Mikey132

to win votes.

With the seperation of State and Church, what the hell is "In God We Trust" supposed to mean anyway? I've never understood this.

in god we trust, all others must pay in cash.

Avatar image for I_DID_HER_U_MAD
I_DID_HER_U_MAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 I_DID_HER_U_MAD
Member since 2012 • 203 Posts

I'm not a religious person so I guess I'm atheist...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="Super_MooRio"]Religious just like all of our President and current president.Super_MooRio

to win votes.

Of course, President Obama sat in a church for much of his life to win votes... I know you want a President without a moral compass but it will not happen.

Key example : Mitt Romney and Ron Paul... Neither are very religious (Mitt Romney claims he isn't and Ron Paul wants legalization of Heroin so I would assume he is not religious alot) and it shows in their life and actions.

Do you think it is a coincidence that Mitt Romney did all those morally inccorect things and is not very religious?

Since when did you need to be religious to be moral? The two are barely linked, although you could argue that religionencourages immoral behaviour by teaching bigoted views towards other groups.

Super_MooRio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Super_MooRio

[QUOTE="Super_MooRio"]

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"] to win votes.toast_burner

Since when did you need to be religious to be moral? The two are barely linked, although you could argue that religionencourages immoral behaviour by teaching bigoted views towards other groups.

Again look at Mitt Romney who claims to not be very religious

Then look at President Obama who sat in a church for many years

Romney used his religion to avoid serving in Vietnam and go on vacation in france... Even after that he has the nerve to claim to be not very religious and say his religion would have no impact on his policy... And it figures given his past religion does not dictate his actions at all.

President Obama on the other hand is a man with morals and a man of faith and is basing his economic policy of helping the poor on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Whether you are Republican or Democrat you have to admit that President Obama who is a Christian is vastly the moral superior of the not so religious Romoney.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="Super_MooRio"]

Super_MooRio

Romney used his religion to avoid serving in Vietnam and go on vacation in france... Even after that he has the nerve to claim to be not very religious and say his religion would have no impact on his policy... And it figures given his past religion does not dictate his actions at all.

President Obama on the other hand is a man with morals and a man of faith and is basing his economic policy of helping the poor on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Whether you are Republican or Democrat you have to admit that President Obama who is a Christian is vastly the moral superior of the not so religious Romoney.

Al Qaeda is a religious group, would you say they are more moral than most atheists?

Super_MooRio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Super_MooRio

[QUOTE="Super_MooRio"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Since when did you need to be religious to be moral? The two are barely linked, although you could argue that religionencourages immoral behaviour by teaching bigoted views towards other groups.

toast_burner

Al Qaeda is a religious group, would you say they are more moral than most atheists?

They are extremists like Westboro and not indicative of Islam.

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

I'm an Atheist because I find it quite absurd to believe that there is a God who actually cares about me.

RAGEofSTUNTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 RAGEofSTUNTS
Member since 2010 • 733 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="Super_MooRio"]

Super_MooRio

Religion can teach morals and what you would consider immoral. Example of religion teaching morals: Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

[QUOTE="peter1191"]

[QUOTE="Super_MooRio"]

Super_MooRio

I believe Ron Paul is actually quite religious, but he has strong libertarian views and believes that people should decide for themselves what they want to do. I am not supporting him or knocking him down, just stating my perception of him.

He is not the nominee though, Willard Romney will be the nominee and he has no morals and claims to not be very religious (which would shock noone who researched the reprehensible excuse for a human being).

Damn, u can make any unrelated subject about romney, that takes some troll skills.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#161 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

I'm an Atheist because I find it quite absurd to believe that there is a God who actually cares about me.

pariah3
Atheism implies lack of belief, while your statement suggests active rejection of the Biblical God. Personal question, but I wonder, there's got to be a lot more to this than just the concept of a deity with compassion that riles you up.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#162 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
[QUOTE="RAGEofSTUNTS"] Religion can teach morals and what you would consider immoral. Example of religion teaching morals: Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Whoo. Good thing that passage was written. Before that, people were just running around, banging every married person they found, murdering at the drop of the hat, then stealing said hat. They lied like troopers, and wanted everything they saw (mostly hats). And oh my, did people ever hate their neighbors. They practically hoarded each-other's lawnmowers and weed-whackers. Good thing this religious passage came along and changed all that. Oh, hey, recent studies have shown that rats are altruistic. Do you think that means rats are Christians? Certainly altruistic and moral behaviours could never develop merely from societal pressure.
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts
[QUOTE="RAGEofSTUNTS"] Religion can teach morals and what you would consider immoral. Example of religion teaching morals: Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.Tylendal
Whoo. Good thing that passage was written. Before that, people were just running around, banging every married person they found, murdering at the drop of the hat, then stealing said hat. They lied like troopers, and wanted everything they saw (mostly hats). And oh my, did people ever hate their neighbors. They practically hoarded each-other's lawnmowers and weed-whackers. Good thing this religious passage came along and changed all that. Oh, hey, recent studies have shown that rats are altruistic. Do you think that means rats are Christians? Certainly altruistic and moral behaviours could never develop merely from societal pressure.

Those rules were simply made to say what was right and what was wrong. It's as simple as that.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="RAGEofSTUNTS"] Religion can teach morals and what you would consider immoral. Example of religion teaching morals: Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.gaming25

Those rules were simply made to say what was right and what was wrong. It's as simple as that.

So, you're saying that we wouldn't know right from wrong without those rules? I really don't know what you're trying to get at here.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#165 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
[QUOTE="gaming25"][QUOTE="Tylendal"] Whoo. Good thing that passage was written. Before that, people were just running around, banging every married person they found, murdering at the drop of the hat, then stealing said hat. They lied like troopers, and wanted everything they saw (mostly hats). And oh my, did people ever hate their neighbors. They practically hoarded each-other's lawnmowers and weed-whackers. Good thing this religious passage came along and changed all that. Oh, hey, recent studies have shown that rats are altruistic. Do you think that means rats are Christians? Certainly altruistic and moral behaviours could never develop merely from societal pressure.Tylendal

So, you're saying that we wouldn't know right from wrong without those rules? I really don't know what you're trying to get at here.

When's the last time you have ever listened to your conscious?
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#166 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

athiest with different religious friends.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#167 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="pariah3"]

hiphops_savior

Atheism implies lack of belief, while your statement suggests active rejection of the Biblical God. Personal question, but I wonder, there's got to be a lot more to this than just the concept of a deity with compassion that riles you up.

1. It's not only the Biblical god that cares in one way or another about humans.

2. I dont think atheism excludes the active rejection of a specific notion of a deity. At least nowadays with monotheistic religions being prevalent, the term atheism does get partially defined by its "opposition". The fact that in the minds of most (both theists and atheists) there is some kind of opposition, promotes the shaping of the term. In the end I think it follows the example of many exclusive opposites (you're either of the two, not both). Of course there is the middle ground of agnosticism, but that is a middle ground only in the colloquial use of the relevant terminology. But even in a more technical interpretation of the terms, atheism still will include active rejection for the same reasons; a person will form their beliefs starting from their immediate environment and the religion in that environment when it comes to religion-related beliefs. Couple that with the fact that in most societies religion is considered the default and the expected next step is rejection, not straight to a lack of belief.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Tylendal
[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"][QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="gaming25"] Those rules were simply made to say what was right and what was wrong. It's as simple as that.

I'm going to assume you meant "Conscience" there, as it's kind of hard to listen to an adjective. Um... couple of seconds ago. Before that, a little earlier as I was writing a post. Your point?
Mikey132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Mikey132
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

2. I dont think atheism excludes the active rejection of a specific notion of a deity. At least nowadays with monotheistic religions being prevalent, the term atheism does get partially defined by its "opposition". The fact that in the minds of most (both theists and atheists) there is some kind of opposition, promotes the shaping of the term. In the end I think it follows the example of many exclusive opposites (you're either of the two, not both). Of course there is the middle ground of agnosticism, but that is a middle ground only in the colloquial use of the relevant terminology. But even in a more technical interpretation of the terms, atheism still will include active rejection for the same reasons; a person will form their beliefs starting from their immediate environment and the religion in that environment when it comes to religion-related beliefs. Couple that with the fact that in most societies religion is considered the default and the expected next step is rejection, not straight to a lack of belief.Teenaged

With Mumbo Jumbo like this I think people are trying way too hard to label people that don't believe in God. Can I honestly not just live out my life without being grouped into something I know nothing about?

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

2. I dont think atheism excludes the active rejection of a specific notion of a deity. At least nowadays with monotheistic religions being prevalent, the term atheism does get partially defined by its "opposition". The fact that in the minds of most (both theists and atheists) there is some kind of opposition, promotes the shaping of the term. In the end I think it follows the example of many exclusive opposites (you're either of the two, not both). Of course there is the middle ground of agnosticism, but that is a middle ground only in the colloquial use of the relevant terminology. But even in a more technical interpretation of the terms, atheism still will include active rejection for the same reasons; a person will form their beliefs starting from their immediate environment and the religion in that environment when it comes to religion-related beliefs. Couple that with the fact that in most societies religion is considered the default and the expected next step is rejection, not straight to a lack of belief.Mikey132

With Mumbo Jumbo like this I think people are trying way too hard to label people that don't believe in God. Can I honestly not just live out my life without being grouped into something I know nothing about?

I think hiphopsavior is just trying to make a point about atheism (part of atheists, most or all of them - I dont know how much he is willing to generalise): that it is driven by emotional reasons (implied by active rejection) rather than rational thought (which is implied by lack of belief).

That's one reason people like labels.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"][QUOTE="Tylendal"] So, you're saying that we wouldn't know right from wrong without those rules? I really don't know what you're trying to get at here.Tylendal

I'm going to assume you meant "Conscience" there, as it's kind of hard to listen to an adjective. Um... couple of seconds ago. Before that, a little earlier as I was writing a post. Your point?

Some people actually think human psychology is a little devil and angel sitting on your shoulder. I'd guess the black and white approach would make sense to a bronze age primitive, but the actual decision-making process of a Human being is far more complex.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#172 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I'm of strong doubt.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Super_MooRio"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Since when did you need to be religious to be moral? The two are barely linked, although you could argue that religionencourages immoral behaviour by teaching bigoted views towards other groups.

RAGEofSTUNTS

Religion can teach morals and what you would consider immoral. Example of religion teaching morals: Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

yeah "morals"

hosea 13:16

"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up"

just 1 of many, they just reflects the moral of the society at the time each book was written and before "god" had a change of hearts and become nice in the new testament, that itself is a proof that the bible is not holy (one of many many more) at all, a god don't just "change" his personality, on topic,i think people are smart enough now to know whats is moral and immoral without a bible telling them. im atheist and i actually think im a moral and decent person.

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

Somewhere in the middle but leaning more towards atheism

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
atheist
infinite884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 infinite884
Member since 2008 • 701 Posts

I just live

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="tocool340"]Atheist...gaming25

What the heck? Why is that?

Because I never had a reason to believe that a supernatural being exist. And I've explained it to you in another thread that if one does exist, I still feel I'm making the right decision regardless if I'm wrong or not...
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Can't say I'm either. I don't actively disbelieve in a God so I'm not an Atheist and I think organized religion reeks of lies. I'm open minded to anything that can withstand scrutiny.
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Religious going on Atheist possibly. The problem with the transaction is that I still believe in heaven where all my family members and friends have gone to for rest. I don't know if Atheists believe in heaven and hell and if they don't then I am sadly still religious.

peter1191

Believe in Jesus wholeheartedly and you do not have to live in the middle ground. I know how it feels to be unsure about your belief. The thing is the only reason you remain on the fence is because to go in one direction (belief) or another (unbelief, atheism, etc) requires you to make hard choices about what you want to follow in your life. Most people "ride the fence" because if you choose to believe there are actions you have to take in your life to change it. Changing is the hardest thing of all. Let me tell you something:belief has an independent reality. If there really is a heaven your family and friends will be there regardless of what you believe. THe issue at hand is YOU. Don't believe for the assurance of the life of others, but for your own personal assurance. Don't believe because others believe.

He doesn't want your crap mate, he just wants to see his family again. I would love for there to be a heaven too but when you stop and think about it for a second it's a ridiculous notion.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Being that I believe Jesus was the Son of God who died the death that sinful humanity deserved and that we can raise from the dead as he rose from the dead I suppose I'd be labeled as religious.
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="peter1191"]

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/CBl/

peter1191

Meme generator sucks. unless your actually funny, the difference here is the hardcore gamer knows his game is a fantasy, you guys dont.

Fantasy? Christ is risen from the dead. Your living a fantasy when you think this amazing universe exists without a purpose.

Yeah, the belief that you have to get on your knees and send a physic message to a zombie telling him you accept him as your master, and that you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood to gain forgiveness for the sins of dust man and rib woman, who tricked into eating an apple by a talking snake, makes absolute logical sense and is no way a fantasy.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="peter1191"]

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"] Meme generator sucks. unless your actually funny, the difference here is the hardcore gamer knows his game is a fantasy, you guys dont.Randolph

Fantasy? Christ is risen from the dead. Your living a fantasy when you think this amazing universe exists without a purpose.

Yeah, the belief that you have to get on your knees and send a physic message to a zombie telling him you accept him as your master, and that you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood to gain forgiveness for the sins of dust man and rib woman, who tricked into eating an apple by a talking snake, makes absolute logical sense and is no way a fantasy.

Jesus isn't a zombie.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 gaming25
[QUOTE="Randolph"][QUOTE="peter1191"]

Meme generator sucks. unless your actually funny, the difference here is the hardcore gamer knows his game is a fantasy, you guys dont.PC360Wii

It is absurd how you try to demean a book that goes into detail for hundreds of pages about why those things happened the way they did. For me to say what you said is out of context would be an understatement.
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Randolph
Those rules were simply made to say what was right and what was wrong. It's as simple as that.gaming25
Humanity had figured that out well before the books of the bible were written. (and rewritten, edited, and translated, and had forgeries inserted into it, and rewritten again)
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="Randolph"][QUOTE="peter1191"]

gaming25

It is absurd how you try to demean a book that goes into detail for hundreds of pages about why those things happened the way they did. For me to say what you said is out of context would be an understatement.

So you're saying a book's credibility depends on its length and verbosity? Well now, this changes everything.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 gaming25
[QUOTE="gaming25"]Those rules were simply made to say what was right and what was wrong. It's as simple as that.Randolph
Humanity had figured that out well before the books of the bible were written. (and rewritten, edited, and translated, and had forgeries inserted into it, and rewritten again)

Cool story. But that wasnt what I was getting at with that post.
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Randolph
[QUOTE="gaming25"] It is absurd how you try to demean a book that goes into detail for hundreds of pages about why those things happened the way they did. For me to say what you said is out of context would be an understatement.

It is absurd that you try to defend such obvious fairy tales as any other than what they are. I am not responsible for the "sins" of dust man and rib woman, had I heard a talking snake I would have left the damn garden altogether because I would think all the damned food in there must be laced with cocaine or something. this aside from the simple fact that Adam and Eve never existed, and were simply symbolic. Which would mean Jesus died to forgive us for sins that were never actually committed, and as he is the son of Yahweh the mass murderer who claims to know all, then he would have known that before he let himself be killed for said imaginary offenses. Which is silly.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#188 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
So you're saying a book's credibility depends on its length and verbosity? Well now, this changes everythingtheone86
*insert Atlas Shrugged pun here*
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 gaming25

[QUOTE="gaming25"][QUOTE="Randolph"] Yeah, the belief that you have to get on your knees and send a physic message to a zombie telling him you accept him as your master, and that you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood to gain forgiveness for the sins of dust man and rib woman, who tricked into eating an apple by a talking snake, makes absolute logical sense and is no way a fantasy.theone86

So you're saying a book's credibility depends on its length and verbosity? Well now, this changes everything.

Once again. What I just said has nothing to do with that. I was simply stating that he took the Bible out of context.
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Don't mind Randolph, he's just trollin.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Randolph
[QUOTE="Randolph"][QUOTE="gaming25"]Those rules were simply made to say what was right and what was wrong. It's as simple as that.gaming25

Cool story. But that wasnt what I was getting at with that post.

So what were you getting at? That half the ten commandments are redundant information, and the rest is just God thumping his chest about how awesome he is? Ok, so we can agree then that the ten commandments were and are utterly useless?
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Atheist master race

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Randolph

Jesus isn't a zombie.

Ilovegames1992
Maybe he's a ganado? Like those dudes in RE4?
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 gaming25
[QUOTE="gaming25"] It is absurd how you try to demean a book that goes into detail for hundreds of pages about why those things happened the way they did. For me to say what you said is out of context would be an understatement.Randolph
It is absurd that you try to defend such obvious fairy tales as any other than what they are. I am not responsible for the "sins" of dust man and rib woman, had I heard a talking snake I would have left the damn garden altogether because I would think all the damned food in there must be laced with cocaine or something. this aside from the simple fact that Adam and Eve never existed, and were simply symbolic. Which would mean Jesus died to forgive us for sins that were never actually committed, and as he is the son of Yahweh the mass murderer who claims to know all, then he would have known that before he let himself be killed for said imaginary offenses. Which is silly.

"then he would have known that before he let himself be killed" Read the book of Isaiah "obvious fairy tales" Once again, you fail to understand what the Bible is about. It isnt about a miracle or some type of sign or wonder.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="gaming25"] It is absurd how you try to demean a book that goes into detail for hundreds of pages about why those things happened the way they did. For me to say what you said is out of context would be an understatement.gaming25

Once again. What I just said has nothing to do with that. I was simply stating that he took the Bible out of context.

Maybe that was your intent, but then you should work on your wording. You said "It is absurd how you try to demean a book that goes into detail for hundreds of pages about why those things happened the way they did," that indicates to me that his objections to the Bible are absurd, and because the Bible is long. Simply eliminating the first sentence would have avoided this misunderstanding.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Jesus isn't a zombie.

Randolph

Maybe he's a ganado? Like those dudes in RE4?

No, he's dead.

Like Brad Vickers in RE2.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 gaming25
[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="gaming25"][QUOTE="theone86"]

Maybe that was your intent, but then you should work on your wording. You said "It is absurd how you try to demean a book that goes into detail for hundreds of pages about why those things happened the way they did," that indicates to me that his objections to the Bible are absurd, and because the Bible is long. Simply eliminating the first sentence would have avoided this misunderstanding.

Does the Bible not go into detail for hundreds of pages about what it is about?
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="gaming25"] Once again. What I just said has nothing to do with that. I was simply stating that he took the Bible out of context.gaming25

Does the Bible not go into detail for hundreds of pages about what it is about?

Does that have any bearing on whether or not one can take issue with the Bible?

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Randolph
Once again. What I just said has nothing to do with that. I was simply stating that he took the Bible out of context.gaming25
Which part was out of context? Jesus is a re-animated dead man, he is a zombie. When you pray you are sending messages to God. You must send zombie Jesus such a message and accept him as your master, and symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood to gain forgiveness for the sins of Adam, who was made from dust, (dust man) and Eve, who was created out of one of Adam's ribs. (rib woman, well, at least in the second creation story that was added on top of the polytheistic one that was oddly left in despite all the editing and rewriting of the first books in the build up to transforming Yahweh from a simple god of war tot he great one god of monotheism) What in that is not accurate?