Are you Pro or Anti Abortion?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you Pro or Anti Abortion? (73 votes)

Pro 74%
Anti 26%

Just read an article on CNN that says texas is requiring aborted fetuses to be cremated or buried. I personally don't like the idea of an abortion especially not in the late stages, however I can respect that it is someone else's choice to make. So I guess I'm pro.

• 
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

I'm for people choosing what is best for them. It's a touchy subject, but I also have the opinion that not all abortions are equal. Thus, while I support a woman's right to make the decision, I have absolutely nothing against someone else calling them out for it.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I'm neither pro nor anti-abortion. I believe it is a necessity and needs to remain legal. How else would we curb the uprising of a population that models 3/4 of Gamespot members?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#3  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Abortion is something women choose to do with great stress, and is something often greatly needed, so it should be readily available. I also think it is important, since abortion is not a good thing for the women who undertake the procedure, that we encourage breakthroughs in contraception that reduce the need for abortion. Sadly, in the United States, many states do not do this, conceding to religious belief, to great cost.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Pro-abortion. Pro-choice.

I think it's absurd to think you can force someone to have a child. There's a good chance both the Mother and the child will suffer. What environment will the child be raised in? Is the mother on drugs? Are there funds to support a child properly? So many unknowns.

...and if you're anti-abortion, who are you to tell someone else what they can and cannot do with their body? I know i definitely would not feel I'm in the right to presume to know another person's perspective. Give them advice, don't force an option.

Also, there are so many people who are actually alive that are suffering of famine/lack of shelter/sickness who have a right to life; a lot of them due to circumstances beyond their control. They probably could use the humanitarian effort more than the unborn babies.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

I have a penis and testicles, not a vagina and ovaries, so it's not my place to tell any woman what they can or cannot do with their body. Besides, there are enough humans on this planet as it is, we're living longer, and have no problems making more.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I support a woman's right to make the decision, including during the late stages of pregnancy.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7259 Posts

I'm definitely pro-abortion. Any parasitic life living inside you is under your jurisdiction. That said, this is an issue where I completely understand why someone would disagree with me.

Texas needs to cut this crap out though. Their forced funeral law applies to miscarriages too. As if the would be parents don't already feel bad enough.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Master_Live said:

I support a woman's right to make the decision, including during the late stages of pregnancy.

This. Plus 'pro-abortion' is lol worthy.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Pro, so long it's not paid by taxes unless it's limited through taxes.

Also nothing more than 20 weeks so it doesn't put the patient or the baby at risk if it's a botched abortion.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

"pro abortion"

the hell?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23905 Posts

I am pro-abortion until fetal viability.

@comp_atkins said:

"pro abortion"

the hell?

It is the more neutral terminology. Regarding this issue.

Since Pro-Life and Pro-Choice often come across as too biased.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I support a woman's right's to terminate a pregnancy at any stage including up to age 21. But in all seriousness, it's best left alone. If you are against abortion, dont have one. It should be an individual choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I'm pro-abortion only if we have a funeral and bury the fetus in the cemetery like the good, god-fearing Christian I am.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

anti

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I'm not pro-abortion, I am pro-choice. Yes, phrasing counts.

I don't think abortion should be like birth control like "Oops silly me I'm preggers, well time for another abortion". And I think most of us know women that have had to go through the unfortunate experience of getting an abortion, and they do not take it lightly; it's a negative experience, and a life-changing one.

But it is generally a completely necessary one at times, too.

So to answer the question, I am pro-choice, because that is the only solution that is diplomatic, appeals to both sides of the camp, and doesn't force anyone into a position they don't want to be in. Pro-lifers can keep their babies, pro-choicers can get abort or keep them. Everyone wins.

Except maybe a few fetuses :P

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@comp_atkins said:

"pro abortion"

the hell?

to me pro-abortion comes and pro-life come off as biased. Pro-choice is the only honest, neutral one. Pro-lifers would have the mother die to save the child's life, what's pro-life about that? Or let her commit suicide after she found out she got pregnant after being gang-raped and couldn't live with the guilt of having to carry a baby to term she didn't want. How is that pro-life?

There's more to life than just lives. Like, you know...the living, for example.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

What does it matter?

There are not many anti-abortion/pro-life argument that is not centered around religious beliefs and the arguments that can be made without religion being brought into it, are centered around what the medical community has to say on the subject, which is generally not actually in favor of the position. Because there are no real arguments made on the pro-life/anti-abortion side that are not religious based, welp... we have a separation of church and state, so there goes that idea... might as well just "cross" that one out.

Oddly enough the bible actually promotes abortion and you'd think after reading the old testament, youd figure out that god would be a massive fan of every form of death.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Neither. I'm a man, so it's none of my business what a woman does with her body.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Master_Live

No way being pro-choice is "the only solution that is diplomatic, appeals to both sides of the camp".

The is no appeal if you believe that abortion is murder, there is no diplomacy for that.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I doubt any sane person is "Pro-Abortion". Getting one, even in the early stages, is a heartbreaking decision for most to make. Making women jump through extra hoops or forcing them to carry a child they can't care for to term (not to mention all the other really unfortunate circumstances in which pregnancy can occur) is just cruel.

-Byshop

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

I can't believe how stupid women are to have unprotected sex, abortion really is an awful choice to make no matter how the baby was concieved.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I can't believe how stupid women are to have unprotected sex, abortion really is an awful choice to make no matter how the baby was concieved.

The only birth control that is 100% effective is abstinence. And it's not always the woman's fault.

Abortion isn't your concern, as I assume you don't have a uterus.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KOD

@Master_Live said:

No way being pro-choice is "the only solution that is diplomatic, appeals to both sides of the camp".

The is no appeal if you believe that abortion is murder, there is no diplomacy for that.

But it is.

The reason is because it comes down to a persons right to their own body and to practice the same autonomous rights that men and non-pregnant women would receive. The pro-choice allows people to participate or not, its a choice. So those against do not have to take part in.

So here's the thing. Even if you want to take abortion to the extent of calling it murder, well the solution is a dictatorship and totalitarianism specially created for an individual. Its removing a persons right to their own body. At the end of the day being pro-choice simply leaves proper regulations in place, but gives people the opportunity and rights to their body that they deserve and fact is, neither side is happy. Neither side gets everything they want, its a compromise and is the only diplomatic solution and like it or not it ends up solving way more problems than it creates.

One of the biggest problems ive noticed with this idea is that the people who make the anti-choice arguments, are generally right wingers and right wingers seem to have a very hard time understanding what compromise is and how it works.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Master_Live

@kod said:
@Master_Live said:

But it is.

The reason is because it comes down to a persons right to their own body and to practice the same autonomous rights that men and non-pregnant women would receive. The pro-choice allows people to participate or not, its a choice. So those against do not have to take part in.

So here's the thing. Even if you want to take abortion to the extent of calling it murder, well the solution is a dictatorship and totalitarianism specially created for an individual. Its removing a persons right to their own body. At the end of the day being pro-choice simply leaves proper regulations in place, but gives people the opportunity and rights to their body that they deserve and fact is, neither side is happy. Neither side gets everything they want, its a compromise and is the only diplomatic solution and like it or not it ends up solving way more problems than it creates.

One of the biggest problems ive noticed with this idea is that the people who make the anti-choice arguments, are generally right wingers and right wingers seem to have a very hard time understanding what compromise is and how it works.

If one believes that abortion is murder there is nothing to compromise on, some things aren't up for deals.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KOD

@Master_Live said:

If one believes that abortion is murder there is nothing to compromise on, some things aren't up for deals.

As an individual there may not be a compromise that they can reach.

But we do not live as individuals, we live as a society and as a society, yes there are compromises we can reach.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Master_Live

@kod said:
@Master_Live said:

But we do not live as individuals, we live as a society and as a society, yes there are compromises we can reach.

But they (many of them, not all) don't want to and won't have to if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade in the case of the US.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I'm Pro-Choice.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Pro-choice. If we really want to lower the rate of abortions, we should have sex-ed and easier access to contraceptives as well as placing emphasis on using protection.

But we should also have pro-family policies where parents can spend more time with their children via family leave and tax benefits, especially for lower to mid-income Americans.

BellAnnMae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BellAnnMae
Member since 2016 • 16 Posts

Pro-Choice. For me, there is no acceptable reason to try to control what a woman does with her body.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KOD

@Master_Live said:
@kod said:
@Master_Live said:

But they (many of them, not all) don't want to and won't have to if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade in the case of the US.

Doesn't matter if they want to or not. What they desire does not change the validity of their argument, position or what a compromise is. And Roe v Wade is not going to be overturned. But this is a great highlight of what i was referencing when saying that these people dont understand what compromise is. Its not enough that they do not participate in it, you cannot participate in it also and this is almost always a product of religion, the fake teachings of religion and the thought process it creates in people.

For them compromise is all or nothing with the answer for hem being nothing since its what they want to believe and since that is what they believe, you have to believe it also. Which is the opposite of compromise, the opposite of democracy, the opposite of free thought and the opposite of respecting other people.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Master_Live

@kod said:
@Master_Live said:
@kod said:
@Master_Live said:

Doesn't matter if they want to or not. What they desire does not change the validity of their argument, position or what a compromise is. And Roe v Wade is not going to be overturned. But this is a great highlight of what i was referencing when saying that these people dont understand what compromise is. Its not enough that they do not participate in it, you cannot participate in it also and this is almost always a product of religion, the fake teachings of religion and the thought process it creates in people.

For them compromise is all or nothing with the answer for hem being nothing since its what they want to believe and since that is what they believe, you have to believe it also. Which is the opposite of compromise, the opposite of democracy, the opposite of free thought and the opposite of respecting other people.

How does one compromise on murder? As on Roe v Wade not being overturned, neither is Donald Trump being elected President of the United States.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

The only birth control that is 100% effective is abstinence. And it's not always the woman's fault.

Abortion isn't your concern, as I assume you don't have a uterus.

Biologically incompatible also has high effectiveness.

http://www.examveda.com/which-of-the-following-should-be-avoided-in-biological-marriage-1518/

http://www.redgage.com/blogs/theindian/biological-marriage-on-the-basis-of-rh-factor.html

BOYGIRL TYPE OF BIOLOGICAL MARRIAGE

Rh+ Rh+ compatible marriage

Rh- Rh- compatible marriage

Rh- Rh+ compatible marriage

Rh+ Rh- incompatible marriage

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@kod said:

What does it matter?

There are not many anti-abortion/pro-life argument that is not centered around religious beliefs and the arguments that can be made without religion being brought into it, are centered around what the medical community has to say on the subject, which is generally not actually in favor of the position. Because there are no real arguments made on the pro-life/anti-abortion side that are not religious based, welp... we have a separation of church and state, so there goes that idea... might as well just "cross" that one out.

Oddly enough the bible actually promotes abortion and you'd think after reading the old testament, youd figure out that god would be a massive fan of every form of death.

Exodus 21:22-25 which state:

22. And should men quarrel and hit a pregnant woman, and she miscarries but there is no fatality, he shall surely be punished, when the woman’s husband makes demands of him, and he shall give [restitution] according to the judges’ [orders]. 23. But if there is a fatality, you shall give a life for a life, 24. an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for a hand, a foot for a foot. 25. a burn for a burn, a wound for a wound, a bruise for a bruise.

---

The woman is not killed in the passage. Only the fetus dies in the encounter. The resulting punishment for the miscarriage is a mere fine. The Bible continues with declaring that had the woman died the death penalty would be imposed under the principle of a “life for a life.” If the fetus was considered a life then the death penalty would be imposed under the principle of a “life for a life” but since a fine is imposed it is understood that the fetus is not considered a life. From this it is clearly understood that a fetus is not considered a full human life, otherwise the punishment would be death under the subsequently enumerated literal biblical principle of lex talionis (‘eye for an eye’).

In Genesis 2:7, declaring that God “breathed into his [Adam’s] nostrils the soul of life, and man became a living soul.” The verse implies that until Adam took his first breath he was not considered a living being.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

@ronvalencia: I'm glad you caught on to that scripture in Exodus. Where a fine was imposed for causing an unwanted miscarriage. Instead of the death penalty.

After reading into Pro-Life arguments based on scriptures, I was never really convinced that verses like in Jeremiah 1:5. Really advocated against abortion. More so since Jeremiah also questioned later in 20:17, why he didn't die in the womb. And other things like Bathsheba miscarriage by God. But given that the church is largely on the pro-life side, its something few Christians are willing to really question. Although its a topic I've personally been studying here and there. And what I've been finding is that abortion isn't universally unbiblical. As many very conservative individuals will suggest.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

Don't fall into the trap of making this a binary (yes or no) question. It's far more complicated than yes or no.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

A woman can do with her body as she pleases. But, if that woman is my daughter, the guy who got her pregnant will die.

No joke.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I'm anti-abortion but I think that the whole pro-life movement has destroyed their own cause because of their continued focus on illegalizing abortion. Legislating women doesn't work and the more that the movement continues to do so the less they advance their cause. Abortion rates will only decrease with education and providing proper support and opportunity so women aren't put in a situation where an abortion seems like their only choice. Plus many in the pro-life movement support the death penalty, and support representatives in gov't who pursue continued wars and reject refugees who are fleeing death, so I'd hardly even consider it a pro-life movement anymore.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@pyro1245: Well said.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I'm pro abortion pro choice. A pregnancy is a big deal emotionally and physically. It might be a product of rape or incest and that's scarring for the mom and kid. Add to that birth defects or complications. Some babies are born with defects that might either hinder or drastically shorten their lives. On the mother's end her body might not handle the pregnancy well or complications may arise during birthing that could endanger the mother's life. Like for example sometimes hemorrhaging occurs during birthing where the uterus might rupture or the cervix is torn

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Even though I would have a hard time if a woman would decide a child from me, I'm Pro abortion

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Pro.
While it is ultimatly a choice for women, I think they ought to have that choice and that it's done in clinics with sterile equiptment and competent medical personnel. Otherwise, it'd still occur but by themselves with a coat hanger, knitting needle or in some highly shady backrooms with questionable hygeine and safety...like in the old days.

TotalMalnutrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TotalMalnutrit
Member since 2016 • 86 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

In Genesis 2:7, declaring that God “breathed into his [Adam’s] nostrils the soul of life, and man became a living soul.” The verse implies that until Adam took his first breath he was not considered a living being.

There are so many things completely wrong with your entire post but because I'm at work and can't pick it apart at the moment I'll just point out what should be obvious.

Genesis 2:7

You're taking the words completely literal and it's not meant to be taken that way. He's saying that Adam became a living soul when he gave him life. It's not saying that God put his physical mouth over Adams nose and breathed air into his lungs. It's not even referring to taking a breath at all...it's simply talking about the beginning of human life as a SOUL.

The problem comes when people look for the most obvious way to twist the words to their liking. If you're going to read the Bible do your research and try understanding the times and read some commentaries from people who have really studied this.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Strongly pro abortion up until the 72nd trimester. After that they turn 18 and should be allowed to live depending on the circumstances.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER: Its actually not far more complicated, you're either for or against the murder of an unborn child, fairly simple.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Maroxad

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Maroxad said:

@comp_atkins said:

"pro abortion"

the hell?

to me pro-abortion comes and pro-life come off as biased. Pro-choice is the only honest, neutral one. Pro-lifers would have the mother die to save the child's life, what's pro-life about that? Or let her commit suicide after she found out she got pregnant after being gang-raped and couldn't live with the guilt of having to carry a baby to term she didn't want. How is that pro-life?

Pro-Life is biased as hell as well. In the end, both are using loaded language like choice or life. All both terms achieved was to open up the door to red herrings,

Pro-Choice: You call yourself pro-choice, yet you believe in gun control and environmental regulations?

Pro-Life: You call yourself pro life, yet support starving children, wars and the death penalty?

Note that both of these red herring assertions can be very much false.With pro-abortion and anti-abortion, you suddenly close down a lot of doors to potential red herrings. And it comes with none of the loaded language too.

Edit: Though, I will admit, that pro-choice is a HELL lot more apt than pro-life is. For reasons you listed. But still, pro-abortion does not use any loaded language, nor does it open up the doors to red herrings, which is why I prefer that term over pro-choice.

TotalMalnutrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TotalMalnutrit
Member since 2016 • 86 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Maroxad said:

@comp_atkins said:

"pro abortion"

the hell?

Pro-Life is biased as hell as well. In the end, both are using loaded language like choice or life. All both terms achieved was to open up the door to red herrings,

Pro-Choice: You call yourself pro-choice, yet you believe in gun control and environmental regulations?

Pro-Life: You call yourself pro life, yet support starving children, wars and the death penalty?

Note that both of these red herring assertions can be very much false.

With pro-abortion and anti-abortion, you suddenly close down a lot of doors to potential red herrings. And it comes with none of the loaded language too.

Uhh...that's a damn big blanket statement there.

I'm a pro-life conservative who does not support the death penalty, wars without justification....or "starving children"? What the hell do you even mean by that? I donate money every month to starving children...automatic draft out of my bank account.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Note that both of these red herring assertions can be very much false.With pro-abortion and anti-abortion, you suddenly close down a lot of doors to potential red herrings. And it comes with none of the loaded language too.

Edit: Though, I will admit, that pro-choice is a HELL lot more apt than pro-life is. For reasons you listed. But still, pro-abortion does not use any loaded language, nor does it open up the doors to red herrings, which is why I prefer that term over pro-choice.

I don't see how pro-abortion is more accurate.

You can think that abortion is absolutely wrong and anyone who has one is scum, yet still be pro-choice. When you phrase it as pro-abortion it makes it sound like you want someone to have an abortion.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Maroxad

@totalmalnutrit said:
@Maroxad said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Maroxad said:

Note that both of these red herring assertions can be very much false.

With pro-abortion and anti-abortion, you suddenly close down a lot of doors to potential red herrings. And it comes with none of the loaded language too.

Uhh...that's a damn big blanket statement there.

I'm a pro-life conservative who does not support the death penalty, wars without justification....or "starving children"? What the hell do you even mean by that? I donate money every month to starving children...automatic draft out of my bank account.

Good, so you noticed the massive flaw with them.

"Note that both of these red herring assertions can be very much false."

The things I listed there are meant to be errondous. And merely me listing the unwarranted assertions I have seen ideologues on both sides throw at eachother. The whole thing doesnt take into account with Consistant Life Ethic, or just those who merely value civil liberties. Sadly that is what I have often seen these abortion debates fall into, strawmen of the other side.

This is why I like pro-abortion and anti-abortion, because it discussion on topic, rather than having ideolgues trying to find ways to paint the other as a hypocrite.

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
BabyPulpFiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BabyPulpFiction
Member since 2013 • 246 Posts

Pro-choice. Woman's body - her decision, not the gvt's.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

You can be pro-choice without being pro-abortion you know? I want people to have the choice, but I also want them to have access to birth control, public sex-ed, plan B, and an adoption system with a much higher rate of adoption. All of those things would severely limit the need and desire (perhaps desire is too strong a word) for an abortion.