Are you full of life?

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3170 Posts

Do you like to live every minute to it's fullest go out be social keep busy? or do you just like to sit on the sidelines as a spectator and have no drive for anything?

Avatar image for volsung
Volsung

372

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Volsung
Member since 2019 • 372 Posts
@warmblur said:

Do you like to live every minute to it's fullest go out be social keep busy? or do you just like to sit on the sidelines as a spectator and have no drive for anything?

Well there's me in theory and there's me in practice. If you get what I'm saying.

Avatar image for volsung
Volsung

372

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Volsung
Member since 2019 • 372 Posts

Most would consider me a pathetic creature; though perhaps less pathetic than some other poor souls out there.

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

6708

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 6708 Posts

Nah. Staying on the sidelines allows me to think things through, instead of rushing to react to everything like everyone seem to do these days.

Plus, I'm a misanthrope. Keep your dirty ape paws off of me.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3170 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Nah. Staying on the sidelines allows me to think things through, instead of rushing to react to everything like everyone seem to do these days.

Plus, I'm a misanthrope. Keep your dirty ape paws off of me.

Me too for the most part.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
Ezekiel43

1873

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 1873 Posts

I really don't get what my brother/roommate gets out of hanging out with friends ALL THE TIME. I couldn't stand having so little time to myself. He's so fake and obviously insecure about being alone for even a few days, like so many young people today. But I'm the complete opposite. There's pretty much no one I hang out with. Rarely outside of my apartment other than work and shopping. Single all 31 years of my life. No career prospects, because there's nothing I want to do. No cell phone and no car. They're unneeded, because I live a simple life with almost no interaction outside work. I'd rather spend the money on Blu-rays, graphic novels, games, etc. What I don't save, I mean. My savings are adding up nicely. It's way too hard pretending to be someone I'm not. I've had my bouts of deep depression about it, but the last couple of months I just feel numb about it. You can only hurt and want so long before you kind of stop caring. I try to entertain myself as much as possible. I can't even talk with people my age at length about my hobbies, because they all watch and play shit. I've watched movies with one person this year (his apartment one week and mine a few weeks ago), and we only have common film interests because he is like fifty-five.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

38490

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38490 Posts

I'm always on the slow lane of things and enjoying it slowly if you know what I mean ;)

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3170 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

I really don't get what my brother/roommate gets out of hanging out with friends ALL THE TIME. I couldn't stand having so little time to myself. He's so fake and obviously insecure about being alone for even a few days, like so many young people today. But I'm the complete opposite. There's pretty much no one I hang out with. Rarely outside of my apartment other than work and shopping. Single all 31 years of my life. No career prospects, because there's nothing I want to do. No cell phone and no car. They're unneeded, because I live a simple life with almost no interaction outside work. I'd rather spend the money on Blu-rays, graphic novels, games, etc. What I don't save, I mean. My savings are adding up nicely. It's way too hard pretending to be someone I'm not. I've had my bouts of deep depression about it, but the last couple of months I just feel numb about it. You can only hurt and want so long before you kind of stop caring. I try to entertain myself as much as possible. I can't even talk with people my age at length about my hobbies, because they all watch and play shit. I've watched movies with one person this year (his apartment one week and mine a few weeks ago), and we only have common film interests because he is like fifty-five.

I can relate to this so much my sister is a social butterfly and I'm the complete opposite she always sees the good in people and is a optimist I'm the farthest thing from that. I suffer with depression also I take meds sometimes but I build a tolerance to them fast and don't up the dose so I'm off and on them they help sometimes. I don't have much drive to do anything anymore I feel all my life has been drain out of me over the years due to physical health problems on top of depression. I been back stabbed by my friend that I grew up with and a therapist I trusted. I just don't give a damn about anything anymore I'm tired of life but to damn stubborn to leave it for now.

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

6904

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 6904 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

I really don't get what my brother/roommate gets out of hanging out with friends ALL THE TIME. I couldn't stand having so little time to myself. He's so fake and obviously insecure about being alone for even a few days, like so many young people today. But I'm the complete opposite. There's pretty much no one I hang out with. Rarely outside of my apartment other than work and shopping. Single all 31 years of my life. No career prospects, because there's nothing I want to do. No cell phone and no car. They're unneeded, because I live a simple life with almost no interaction outside work. I'd rather spend the money on Blu-rays, graphic novels, games, etc. What I don't save, I mean. My savings are adding up nicely. It's way too hard pretending to be someone I'm not. I've had my bouts of deep depression about it, but the last couple of months I just feel numb about it. You can only hurt and want so long before you kind of stop caring. I try to entertain myself as much as possible. I can't even talk with people my age at length about my hobbies, because they all watch and play shit. I've watched movies with one person this year (his apartment one week and mine a few weeks ago), and we only have common film interests because he is like fifty-five.

you seem to be pretty active on this forum. you still enjoy interacting with people, just anonymously. is that fair to say?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

35482

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35482 Posts

Spent all day on the couch eating biscuits and watching Dragonball Kai. I would say, probably not.

But that's my prerogative, if you're happy and satisfied , who cares.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3170 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Spent all day on the couch eating biscuits and watching Dragonball Kai. I would say, probably not.

But that's my prerogative, if you're happy and satisfied , who cares.

That's a good point society thinks you have to go out every Friday night and party but honestly that's never been my thing. I rather be alone 99 percent of the time.

Avatar image for speeny
Speeny

2051

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#12 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2051 Posts

I'm full of life and motivated about things in my own way I guess. Am I the most energetic person? Heck no. I'm very much an introvert.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
MirkoS77

14542

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#13 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14542 Posts

I’m bipolar and my constant swings have created in me a learned helplessness that has manifested in incredible apathy. Why should I care with a constant mindfuck tugging me every which way?

Avatar image for johnd13
johnd13

9802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 9802 Posts

I haven't felt full of life in years. I'm stuck in my comfort zone, with anxiety not allowing much room for escape. I was contend with it for the majority of my adult life (I'm 26) but lately I can't help but feel this void in my life.

I don't seem to enjoy things the way I used to, like gaming. It's like a part of me (my old self I call it) is yearning for something more: getting a girlfriend, moving abroad, etc. I get more and more envious of others who attain such things, while I seem unable to do the same.

Avatar image for horgen
Horgen

121334

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 121334 Posts

Full of life... I would say yes. Do enjoy my private time though so I don't hang out with friends so much.

Avatar image for brimmul777
brimmul777

4162

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 2

#16 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 4162 Posts

I have a pretty good outlook on life, but I still stay very much to myself. Just last week my mom died of cancer, didn't lose it or fall to pieces. I have a strong belief in Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Bible. I don't understand a majority of what the good book says, but from what I understand I follow it. I also have a slough of other medical issues, including mental health problems and depression and among other things. I keep strong for my mom, dad and family. A future of uncertainty and worry fills my life, but I try my best to keep my mom proud of me. I feel she is watching down on me. Love you mom.

Avatar image for watercrack445
watercrack445

1971

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#17 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 1971 Posts

yea, I enjoy my life, what it offers me anyways. Those people who probably party and doing crazy things are wild, risk-takers, they would probably would ski-dive from the highest mountain in the world in a heartbeat.