Are you a happy person?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by warmblur (2515 posts) -

According to social media people are loving life just look at all those selfies LMAO but seriously do you consider yourself a happy person full of life? or are you a miserable bastard like the asshole that made this thread.

#2 Edited by jaydan (2301 posts) -
@warmblur said:

According to social media people are loving life just look at all those selfies LMAO but seriously do you consider yourself a happy person full of life? or are you a miserable bastard like the asshole that made this thread.

A wise person will tell you to never take social media for granted. Most people live ordinary lives just like you, and social media has a way of magnifying the good moments while filtering out the mundane. You too can magnify the interesting moments of your life and someone else will see your profile and say "wow, what a great life this person has."

#3 Posted by VagrantSnow (342 posts) -

Sure am. Not quite where I thought I'd be at this point in my life but I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would be only a few years ago. Life is pretty neato right now :)

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (33654 posts) -

Not really happy unless i'm whining about something.

#5 Edited by DEVILinIRON (4860 posts) -

I take happy pills so I am happy or at least fine most of the time. It took a while for the medical professionals to find the right balance but here I am. It's wonderful. Oh and part of my balance comes from not watching the news on TV. Sorry CBS. :( I sometimes watch your amazing channel. It rocks hard.

#6 Posted by livingdeadman (204 posts) -

I'm living and dying. I'm undead and that makes my soul immortal. So yes I'm happy, but I'm also sad. Such is the life of the gray.

#7 Posted by Byshop (19571 posts) -

Generally, I think so. Of course there are always things to complain about in life but in the grand scheme of things I'm healthy, I've got a family that I started with an amazing wife and two equally amazing boys, I've got a job that I really enjoy that compensates me to a degree that we find satisfactory for our lifestyle, and I even get to travel (but not so much that it's a huge inconvenience for my family, just every once in a while).

I could tell you about the various stresses in my life. I have a minor injury that will require surgery to correct. There are always things that have to be dealt with at work, some of which can be quite frustrating. But none of these things are really that important because none of them equal up to anything that actually matters. I have perspective, and with that comes a realization that things are actually really, really good for me, my family, and most of my friends. And if it's not that way for any of my friends, if I'm not dwelling on my own BS then I have bandwidth to maybe help them with their stuff.

So yeah, pretty happy.

#8 Posted by warmblur (2515 posts) -

@jaydan said:
@warmblur said:

A wise person will tell you to never take social media for granted. Most people live ordinary lives just like you, and social media has a way of magnifying the good moments while filtering out the mundane. You too can magnify the interesting moments of your life and someone else will see your profile and say "wow, what a great life this person has."

I was being sarcastic.

#9 Posted by Speeny (1764 posts) -

I’d say so. Probably more content than anything though.

#10 Posted by Jake_M_ (5 posts) -

Sometimes.

#11 Posted by Mandzilla (4109 posts) -

I try to be.

#13 Posted by omegaMaster (1284 posts) -

Same as above

#14 Posted by br0kenrabbit (16068 posts) -

I have a generally positive outlook but I'm not manically happy or anything.

Cautiously optimistic, perhaps?

#15 Posted by Macutchi (6791 posts) -

i'm pretty happy at the minute but, as someone that's had to deal with their fair share of tragedy in life, i understand all too well how precarious happiness can be. i'm enjoying it while i can because life can be indiscriminately brutal

#16 Posted by Stranger_36 (666 posts) -

No, I'm not happy.

#17 Posted by titanraven (48 posts) -

Happy!! Let's just say that most of the time there will be a sad moment in life where you want to give up, But you just have to trust the process to maintain your happiness. :)

Avatar image for clifford_sexylips
#18 Posted by Clifford_Sexylips (64 posts) -

Nm, I'm only happy just because my mind tells me to do so...

#19 Edited by MirkoS77 (14214 posts) -

No. I battle both severe bipolar depression as well as am chronically ill, which hit me at twenty (cancer) and that took me all the way to my mid thirties to fight off as it continually came back. Finally I come out the other end with absolutely nothing to show for it from all the sacrifice it took to fight for my health. My entire adult life has been battling for it. If I had it, I'd have everything.

#20 Edited by XVision84 (16221 posts) -

I'm a happy person, being an optimist rather than a pessimist helps in that regard. Like all things, happiness is transient. Bad things happen to all of us but my mindset and family/friends help ground me through those times.

#21 Posted by HEATHEN75 (719 posts) -

Considering how much money I spend on smoke, I better be happy.

#23 Edited by Peasly (328 posts) -

I'm none, feeling nothing about anything right now.. My life is fake.. Although I do have moments where i scream my head off when i'm alone.. S*&t think i need help.. ;)

#27 Posted by Peasly (328 posts) -
@livingdeadman said:

@Peasly: Do you have an accessible rooftop where you live? What I like to do is climb to the top and just lay there staring at the sky. I go up there at night and just think. I talk to Jesus Christ and another certain Lord I won't mention his name but he was evil. I think he wants to redeem himself so now he's in Purgatory where Jesus Christ is too because Jesus Christ chose to fall from Heaven to accompany the Fallen Angels because they're family. So I mediate between the two of them and pray to make life easier. Hope this helps.

No accessible rooftop. If there was i would probably throw myself off it.

I am in constant chronic pain every second of every day in my forehead and my eyes which is very hard to deal with. I have no support system.

I don't believe in God or Jesus but it's good you believe in something to help you. Thanks for the advice.

#29 Posted by Peasly (328 posts) -

@livingdeadman: Tried CBD oil. No joy. Dr's are stumped. Interesting theory about life being like a videogame. I like that..!!

On another note: Of the endocrine organs, the function of the pineal gland was the last discovered. Located deep in the center of the brain, the pineal gland was once known as the “third eye.” The pineal gland produces melatonin, which helps maintain circadian rhythm and regulate reproductive hormones..!! hmmmmmm....

#30 Posted by Peasly (328 posts) -
@MirkoS77 said:

No. I battle both severe bipolar depression as well as am chronically ill, which hit me at twenty (cancer) and that took me all the way to my mid thirties to fight off as it continually came back. Finally I come out the other end with absolutely nothing to show for it from all the sacrifice it took to fight for my health. My entire adult life has been battling for it. If I had it, I'd have everything.

Shit.. I am so sorry.. :(

#31 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19962 posts) -

I'm not miserable but I'm not where I want to be at right now either.

#32 Posted by rmpumper (651 posts) -

Hard to tell. I don't like my existence (living by proxy), so no, I'm not happy, but I can't be bother to change my life, so that should make me content with my life, I guess.

#33 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

I'll be happy again when Trump is finally kicked outta the White House.

#34 Posted by warmblur (2515 posts) -

@henrythefifth said:

Amen

#35 Posted by narlymech (1677 posts) -

I'm up and down all day. I havn't been coping well.

#36 Edited by MirkoS77 (14214 posts) -

@henrythefifth said:

That would certainly help, although it wouldn't remove my loss of faith of the general populace that enabled him to get to power in the first place. The rise of Trump extends past him in its implications.

#38 Posted by shaman7207 (4 posts) -

Yeah, why not?

#39 Posted by lamprey263 (36141 posts) -

"I am not okay, you're not okay, and that's okay".

#40 Posted by daiiisy (3 posts) -

i'm sad

#41 Posted by brimmul777 (4080 posts) -

So far there has been a lot downs then not. A whole lot of tragedies and hard /sad times in my adult life.

Hard time dealing with it at times.