Are you a clean or messy eater?

#1 Posted by livingdeadman (368 posts) -

I'm a little messy one but I clean my mess when I'm at a restaurant. I find myself spilling food on my chair too. Recently I tried to get into the habit to not drop any food from my spoon but I keep forgetting. Sometimes I eat off the table too, even at a restaurant.

#2 Posted by ProtossRushX (5693 posts) -

@livingdeadman: im pretty clumsy but I try not to make a mess at a restaurant as its rude to the waiters to make a mess there. Stuff shouldn't fall everywhere if you eat over your plate and don't eat off the table you could get sick.

#3 Posted by PSP107 (17512 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: "but I try not to make a mess at a restaurant as its rude to the waiters to make a mess there"

Isn't cleaning after customers part of the job description?

#5 Edited by livingdeadman (368 posts) -

@PSP107: I believe if we put our own effort to help out the waiters the World becomes a better place by a small percentage. What I do in a restaurant is to make sure I drink all my water, stack plates together with napkins, spoons and forks on the top and place them closer to the edge of the table for ease of access. Imagine if we all did this, the World would flow a lot more smoothly, causing less anger in the World.

#6 Posted by livingdeadman (368 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: It's okay, I think I'm a little resistant to sickness because I haven't been sick in like three years. Also I don't think most humans are dirty so I rely on them that the table is clean enough especially if a Busser cleans it with soap. Also I don't like wasting food even scraps because farmers worked on those crops and taking care of animals.

#7 Posted by madrocketeer (6662 posts) -

Try to be clean. Succeed... ...mostly.

#8 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

I am clean, for the most part. It really depends on what I am eating.

I'm not a snob, but I believe in being a class act, good manners, and being courteous to people around you; no one wants to be enjoying a lunch only to look over and see some jackass eating with his fingers, chewing with his mouth open, and wiping his hands on his shirt.

#9 Posted by Speeny (1958 posts) -

If I'm hungry, then I'll make a pig of myself. But in terms of cleaning up after myself, always, at restaurants/eating out.

#10 Posted by DaVillain- (37989 posts) -

I'm a clean freak, so I ain't making a mess on my food!

#11 Posted by npiet1 (2515 posts) -

If I'm alone, like an animal. In company I keep it clean.

#12 Posted by shellcase86 (4521 posts) -

My plate will get messy, I like to mix things up. However, the table and myself are clean. Plate will be clean when all is done, though.

#13 Edited by HEATHEN75 (809 posts) -

When eating at a table, I'm pretty clean. I tend to eat in my recliner at home a lot. I am a total slob in my chair. Lost many a good t-shirt to grease stains in that chair.

#14 Posted by brimmul777 (4137 posts) -

Normally,I gobble not eat.I honestly can't eat slow and I'm a messy eater. If I eat alone I eat double the speed,but if I am eating in a restaurant,I'm a little more polite. But eating or gobbling,I always eat pretty fast and messy.

#15 Posted by TJDMHEM (2147 posts) -

I am a clean eater.

#16 Edited by br0kenrabbit (16166 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

I'm not a snob, but I believe in being a class act, good manners, and being courteous to people around you; no one wants to be enjoying a lunch only to look over and see some jackass eating with his fingers, chewing with his mouth open, and wiping his hands on his shirt.

Yeah. Manners were actually a thing that used to be taught. Don't talk so loud that the next table knows your business, don't put your elbows on the table, don't reach over someone else's plate, etc.

I hate going to a nice place to eat and have to put up with constant cursing and shouting from a table somewhere. It's not a problem all the time, just more often than it should be.

I'm a clean eater. If you're spilling food off your fork, take smaller bites. There's no rush.

#17 Posted by warmblur (2979 posts) -

I try to be a clean eater but it never works out.

#18 Posted by HEATHEN75 (809 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@ProtossRushX: "but I try not to make a mess at a restaurant as its rude to the waiters to make a mess there"

Isn't cleaning after customers part of the job description?

Yes it is but that doesn't mean you have act like a savage.

#19 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58923 posts) -

I have some manners at the table.

#20 Posted by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -

Slob.

#21 Posted by Volsung (312 posts) -

I put on a clean white shirt after getting home from work today and already I have new stains on it.

#22 Edited by Volsung (312 posts) -

#23 Posted by shellcase86 (4521 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah. Manners were actually a thing that used to be taught. Don't talk so loud that the next table knows your business, don't put your elbows on the table, don't reach over someone else's plate, etc.

I hate going to a nice place to eat and have to put up with constant cursing and shouting from a table somewhere. It's not a problem all the time, just more often than it should be.

I'm a clean eater. If you're spilling food off your fork, take smaller bites. There's no rush.

True enough. I'm just trying to enjoy a date night with the wife, pipe it down table 7!

#24 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25450 posts) -

Depends on the food but I try to be as clean as I can.

#25 Posted by MirkoS77 (14460 posts) -

I'm a complete slob and pig when alone. I slurp, shovel food into my mouth, etc. I only mind my manners when other people are around.

#26 Posted by WrecklessRush (9 posts) -

Depends on what i'm eating... If i'm eating a massive kebab with loads of sauce it's getting pure messy. if i'm eating something like a pizza then clean as can be.

#27 Posted by CorrinM35 (29 posts) -

I gotta be a clean eater. Nothing else will do, because the mess just grosses me out. Especially for others.

In my middle school years we had this kid that made it a thing to eat messy, and every day he would put on the show, even drooling on the table at lunch one day. Still grosses me out to think about. Crazy, he was sane outside the cafeteria.

#28 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15578 posts) -

I try to be as clean as possible. To be honest I hate getting my hands dirty when eating.