Are social conservatives sexually naive?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by one_plum (6505 posts) -

At least they are more open minded than liberals... don't like either though.

GOGOGOGURT

I thought eschewing new ideas and sticking to tadition was the whole point of social conservatism.

#52 Posted by Retro_Future (118 posts) -

.[QUOTE="espoac"]What's worse: devaluing sex through promiscuity or avoiding it out of ignorance until you've established a meaningful relationship with someone? Both are undesireable but I'd say the latter is a bit less self-destructive.MrPraline
The one with the more government interference in the private bedroom of citizens is worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
#53 Posted by deactivated-59d151f079814 (47239 posts) -

At least they are more open minded than liberals... don't like either though.

GOGOGOGURT

WTH does that even mean? A social conservative and open mind are contradictions.. 

#54 Posted by espoac (4216 posts) -

.[QUOTE="espoac"]What's worse: devaluing sex through promiscuity or avoiding it out of ignorance until you've established a meaningful relationship with someone? Both are undesireable but I'd say the latter is a bit less self-destructive.MrPraline
The one with the more government interference in the private bedroom of citizens is worse.

I don't see how government interference in peoples' sex life is still a relevant issue. The last vestige of this was struck down by the SCOTUS in 2003. 

#55 Posted by meatgrinderz (1329 posts) -

social conservatives are just boring uptight control freaks