Are "Bro-nys" For-Real?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by Celldrax (15043 posts) -

[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

Is it time to post ponies yet?

Bardock47

Bring in...all the ponies.

ALL the ponies (well most...).

[spoiler]

lcoto.jpg

Actually, I'll be interested to see the next poster after season 3 ends.

[/spoiler]

#202 Posted by cheese_game619 (13317 posts) -
oh i absolutely believe you like the show but you wouldnt watch it if it wasnt about girly ponies or something equally ludicrous for a male, particularly a grown one, to watch ive seen some spongebob before and found parts of it to be funny, i know its an extremely popular show but why not the fanfare of mlp? because it isnt as crazy to watch. its too close to normal. that isnt different enough.
#203 Posted by Bardock47 (5429 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

Is it time to post ponies yet?

Celldrax

Bring in...all the ponies.

[spoiler]

1012820_1335481765653_full.png

[/spoiler]

Dang, cant see pic for some reason:P I still havent started S3 yet, I need to get on that at some pint.

#204 Posted by Bardock47 (5429 posts) -

oh i absolutely believe you like the show but you wouldnt watch it if it wasnt about girly ponies or something equally ludicrous for a male, particularly a grown one, to watch ive seen some spongebob before and found parts of it to be funny, i know its an extremely popular show but why not the fanfare of mlp? because it isnt as crazy to watch. its too close to normal. that isnt different enough.cheese_game619
Spongebob is very good, I could go on all day with Spongebob. Simply put its not in the main stream. You are making the smistake that you know me personally, and know for a fact im an attetnion seeker..when I really am not. Can we not just let it be at this point, you're assuming way to much here.

#205 Posted by cheese_game619 (13317 posts) -
dont act like you're an individual, you're a part of this fad and you are a part of it for the same reason everybody else who isnt within the demographic is a part of it
#206 Posted by Bardock47 (5429 posts) -

dont act like you're an individual, you're a part of this fad and you are a part of it for the same reason everybody else who isnt within the demographic is a part of itcheese_game619
Really? Thank you kind interent stranger. I can know stop watching this show. I didnt realaize I was wasting hours and hours on something stupi because I wanted to be 'cool' Internet Jesus, how can I ever repay you?

#207 Posted by Celldrax (15043 posts) -

[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

[QUOTE="Bardock47"] Bring in...all the ponies.

Bardock47

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Dang, cant see pic for some reason:P I still havent started S3 yet, I need to get on that at some pint.

It's been really good so far. Though, as expected, there's the odd person whining about fan-pandering and whatever. But the rest of us just ignore them.

#208 Posted by Bardock47 (5429 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Celldrax

It's been really good so far. Though, as expected, there's the odd person whining about fan-pandering and whatever. But the rest of us just ignore them.

Ill start it when I get more time to sit down and watch as much as I can. I'm excited for it.

#209 Posted by cheese_game619 (13317 posts) -

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]dont act like you're an individual, you're a part of this fad and you are a part of it for the same reason everybody else who isnt within the demographic is a part of itBardock47

Really? Thank you kind interent stranger. I can know stop watching this show. I didnt realaize I was wasting hours and hours on something stupi because I wanted to be 'cool' Internet Jesus, how can I ever repay you?

by finalising the sex change and knocking on my door
#210 Posted by Bardock47 (5429 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]dont act like you're an individual, you're a part of this fad and you are a part of it for the same reason everybody else who isnt within the demographic is a part of itcheese_game619

BUt, internet Jesus, I dont want to sex change, you cant make me ! I know what you want you filthy pervert, go try that on someone else!

#211 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="meconate"]Now would be an odd time to post my Chrysalis drawing.meconate

Which one? The portrait you did?

Oh yeah, I made 2 didn't I... I meant my most recent one, yeah.

I didn't see the other one.

#212 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]dont act like you're an individual, you're a part of this fad and you are a part of it for the same reason everybody else who isnt within the demographic is a part of itcheese_game619

Got a thing for transsexuals, do you? NOW who looks a bit off in the melon?

Cheese, it would seem that you like Soccer, or "footie", or whatever you call it where you live. Where I live, "footie" is considered a bit queer I'm not taking a shot at you, but demonstrating a point. You like the sport, and so I will respect you for it, though I find other sports like boxing or MMA to be a much more "manly" contest than a bunch of guys lining up, cupping their stones, while another guy kicks a ball at them and tries to get it into the net... All the while, fans in the stands drinking to excess and beating each other bloody over allegiances to FCs.

The whole thing seems a bit daft, to me. But I don't care what you do with your time & money. I don't post again and again on the Man-U home page about how I think the sport is boring and a complete waste of my time. You, and others like you, see a contest of superior athletes which takes some of the top physical conditioning human bodies can achieve in order to run the pitch for 60 min. straight, with no down time.

(Yes, I respect the players for what they have to endure - I still don't understand what's so interesting about the sport as a whole. Perhaps, if you can remove the insult stick from your stretched rectum, we might discuss YOUR passion and you could help me to see past my prejudices over the sport... I'm open to it.)

If I'm going to watch a sport where a ball goes back & forth, I'd rather watch women's beach volleyball. At least there, you have some toned bodies of the OPPOSITE sex to admire while you're waiting for the whole thing to be over.

Bardock is providing me with an overview of what the show contains which goes past your simple, rather erroneous, and un-asked for (because you're NOT a Brony, so how could you possibly know?) explanation - That there's something WRONG with his wiring. As a child, I put up with endless bull**** over my interest in The Avengers from guys like you. I was ridiculed by my own brother, who destroyed several comics as a prank (he lined my mom's bird cage with a few issues which have probably gone up in value exponentially by today's market)...

(Pause for everyone to catch their breath after laughing at the originality of the prank - It WAS pretty clever of him, though I hated him for it at the time).

Today, my brother is a highly sought-after portrait artist with art in some of the finest galleries around the world.

A few years ago when "Iron Man" came out, my brother and his wife went to see it, and he flipped his lid about how good it was... But there were things about the character and the history he had no clue about so he called me and started asking questions for clarification. Suddenly, instead of seeing comic books as childish, or Gay he saw what had attracted me to the art form... Interesting characters, creative writing, intense action, well-crafted art, the whole enchilada. When the Marvel series continued the following year, he & his wife and I went to see the next set of films together. They were excited by this new-found thing, and I was more than happy to explain what he and his wife needed to know in order to more fully appreciate what was on the screen. My brother is, as I have already stated, a highly accomplished portrait artist who has painted for some 35 years professionally, and to my surprise, he began taking interest in some of the artists who work in comic books today, citing them as extremely talented... He admires an entire art form he used to scoff at.

I would imagine there are LOTS of people who used to pick on me in grade school who have had the same sort of catharsis, and are now enjoying what Marvel brings to the screen. I'm sure they don't remember picking on me for my devotion to Gay Guys in Spandex" and telling me to "grow up"... And really, I'm just satisfied that my hobby has taken the world by storm... That others now understand what they formerly did not... That the art form has been accepted by the mainstream which used to raise an eyebrow at it, or beat me up over it.

I take supreme satisfaction from the idea that what I loved back in the 1970s has been validated today.

My point is, perhaps there will never be anything about ponies which makes any sense to you. But just because you don't have an interest in it, that doesn't make it any less real to someone else.

Just because I don't see the beauty in Soccer, that doesn't make it a wrong thing. It's just something I don't see yet. And as I said, I'm open to changing that. I've found that keeping an open mind has enriched my living on this rock. Not everything I see, or hear, is taken home with me as something I LOVE... I don't know that I will ever get turned on to MLP, for instance. PROBABLY not. But if I take the time to TRY and see what others see, I will at least be UNDERSTANDING of it. Then it's not "threatening".

I'm doing the same thing by reading the Koran. I have read the Bible cover-to-cover twice, in order to understand what it contains. I'm an agnostic who will never believe in anything but evolution, but I can hold an intelligent conversation or debate with any clergyman, or fanatic... I have studies Shinto, I have studied Bhuddism, and now I would like to understand the Muslim point of view, because my government would have me believe that all Muslims want my head on a pike outside their fortress walls... And I find that insulting. To me, AND to Muslims and their faith.

I am keen to understand. Them for their adult-male interest in a "show aimed at little girls", you for your soccer, I'm into expanding my mind on ALL fronts.

You should take a breath, and try it. Anyone can hurl insults... Only a few can be comfortable enough in their own skins to try on someone else's, if only for a little while.

I appreciate your expounding on the subject, Bardock, and I am still interested in hearing other points of view.

Peace & Respect, EVERYONE.

:)

#213 Posted by cheese_game619 (13317 posts) -
is this a joke theres no way im reading all of that scanning it i think your point is supposed to be that everyones different and this is as normal as liking anything else but thats wrong this show has a demographic and its aimed at little girls
#214 Posted by digitaldame (5401 posts) -

These "Why are you watching a show for girls." taunts over MLP often remind me of the same "Why are you watching Transformers, it's a boys cartoon" that I used to hear when I was youger.

Clearly we just need more cross over to help bridge the gap between brony's and the non brony adult males who watch cartoons... I know... PONY MECH WARRIORS!

1351839891538.jpg

#215 Posted by johnd13 (9349 posts) -

These "Why are you watching a show for girls." taunts over MLP often remind me of the same "Why are you watching Transformers, it's a boys cartoon" that I used to hear when I was youger.

Clearly we just need more cross over to help bridge the gap between brony's and the non brony adult males who watch cartoons... I know... PONY MECH WARRIORS!

1351839891538.jpg

Synthia

That is quite cool.

#216 Posted by Celldrax (15043 posts) -

1351839891538.jpg

Synthia

This calls for Gordan Freemane.

gordon_freemane_by_mimblex-d39qbfe.png

#217 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

Didn't mean to challenge you by communicating past gutteral grunts and crotch-scratching... In the future I'll try to keep it to monosyllabic (that's a big-boy word for "simple") words so you can follow along, Cheese...

;)

#218 Posted by soldyoursold (88 posts) -
80s my little pony>new dumbass crap never been a fan of either but if i had to pick one^
#219 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

80s my little pony>new dumbass crap never been a fan of either but if i had to pick one^soldyoursold

No, no, no, no no no no no nooooo! So much no!

#220 Posted by soldyoursold (88 posts) -

[QUOTE="soldyoursold"]80s my little pony>new dumbass crap never been a fan of either but if i had to pick one^sune_Gem

The artstyle blows
#221 Posted by soldyoursold (88 posts) -
why the hell does my little pony looks like a japanese cartoon?
#222 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

The artstyle blows soldyoursold

Lily_Fainting_S01E04.png

why the hell does my little pony looks like a japanese cartoon?soldyoursold

You should watch the itallian opening if you think that. ;)

#223 Posted by soldyoursold (88 posts) -
These people didnt even create the franchise the new cartoon isnt better. Just like new ninja turtles completely sucks compared to the 80s cartoon.
#224 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

These people didnt even create the franchise the new cartoon isnt better. Just like new ninja turtles completely sucks compared to the 80s cartoon.soldyoursold

Ok, now you're just trolling, but I'm going to respond anyway because I got nothing better to do.

Old Show - New Show

I rest my case.

#225 Posted by soldyoursold (88 posts) -

[QUOTE="soldyoursold"]These people didnt even create the franchise the new cartoon isnt better. Just like new ninja turtles completely sucks compared to the 80s cartoon.sune_Gem

Ok, now you're just trolling, but I'm going to respond anyway because I got nothing better to do.

Old Show - New Show

I rest my case.

neither is the show from the 80s dude they're both lame ass rip offs. the show isnt supposed to be ''funny''
#226 Posted by soldyoursold (88 posts) -
making it funny just turns it into another cartoon
#227 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -
It's a good show.
#228 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="soldyoursold"]These people didnt even create the franchise the new cartoon isnt better. Just like new ninja turtles completely sucks compared to the 80s cartoon.soldyoursold

Old Show - New Show

I rest my case.

neither is the show from the 80s dude they're both lame ass rip offs. the show isnt supposed to be ''funny''

mlfw589_macro20hipster20prevgen_fag20i_w

#229 Posted by soldyoursold (88 posts) -
Yea people cant draw anymore pretty sad.
#230 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

Yea people cant draw anymore pretty sad.soldyoursold

Mhmm, a guy painted this on a wall just two hours ago.

pintura_by_fabianomillani-d5olw7u.jpg

No one can draw any more these days.

[spoiler] :lol: [/spoiler]

#231 Posted by soldyoursold (88 posts) -
Proves my point exactly lol cant draw no imagination. no wonder this show sucks it's made by same people as powerful girls that show sucked too.
#232 Posted by Big_Pecks (5973 posts) -

I've seen far too many neckbeards and fedoras to deny them.:(

#233 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

Forgive my continued ignorance... What defines a "Neckbeard"? Sounds like a term I oughta get familiar with... And use, from time to time. Are there any shining examples of such a beast?

Speaking of Ninja Turtles, I'm really glad to see they put out a compendium of the ORIGINAL, "underground", pulp-comic... Which was WAY off what the NTs became once the license was purchased, and sanitized for children... Talk about something that isn't what it used to be...

:lol:

#234 Posted by MonsieurX (37389 posts) -
[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="soldyoursold"]80s my little pony>new dumbass crap never been a fan of either but if i had to pick one^soldyoursold

The artstyle blows

You blow
#235 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

Proves my point exactly lol cant draw no imagination. no wonder this show sucks it's made by same people as powerful girls that show sucked too.soldyoursold

Hmm...

Running out of things to bait this troll with. Anyone got any spare?

#236 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

[QUOTE="soldyoursold"]Proves my point exactly lol cant draw no imagination. no wonder this show sucks it's made by same people as powerful girls that show sucked too.sune_Gem

Hmm...

Running out of things to bait this troll with. Anyone got any spare?

There's always the classic: "Not As Much As Yer MOM"... Perhaps a comparrison of his thought process to a 50cc mini-bike engine? The compositional skills of a parking meter? A vocabulary fit for a caveman? Stop me when something sounds applicable...

:P

#237 Posted by cheese_game619 (13317 posts) -

Didn't mean to challenge you by communicating past gutteral grunts and crotch-scratching... In the future I'll try to keep it to monosyllabic (that's a big-boy word for "simple") words so you can follow along, Cheese...

;)

MonkeySpot
why would it have anything to do with your vocabulary when i simply refuse to read something that long-winded on this subject you were probably just rambling. if you want to chop it down to the main points ill consider taking a look at it
#238 Posted by Cloud_765 (111404 posts) -

These people didnt even create the franchise the new cartoon isnt better. Just like new ninja turtles completely sucks compared to the 80s cartoon.soldyoursold
...You do realize, Lauren Faust, writer of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and other well-received cartoons, is the one behind the new MLP, right? Powerpuff Girls? If you believe those suck you don't have a real sense of quality. Do you even lift bro??