Anything exist outside the known universe?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="playmynutz"]
That's unknown....LJS9502_basic
Did you not even read the initial post? Or is your reading comprehension failing again?

Mine is fine....I see yours is failing again.

Your belief if there is something existing beyond the known universe, is unknown to you? :lol:
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Your belief if there is something existing beyond the known universe, is unknown to you? :lol:

Was my post over your head Nibroc? You seem mightily confused by it....
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Your belief if there is something existing beyond the known universe, is unknown to you? :lol:

Was my post over your head Nibroc? You seem mightily confused by it....

TC: Do you believe there's things outside the known universe? LJS: It's unknown. Either you're stating you're unaware of your own belief, regarding something exists beyond the known universe, or you're misunderstanding the question.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
Wait.....are "other universes" considered to be part of one grand universe? Because I don't think that this universe just spontaneously popped up into existence (it bugs me when Hawkings says that nothing existed before our universe because time itself did not exist). Just because time in our universe didn't exist doesn't mean (at least I think) that the universe could have just popped into existence from nothingness. As to where "the first universe" came from, that's another matter entirely.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Nibroc420
Wait.....are "other universes" considered to be part of one grand universe? Because I don't think that this universe just spontaneously popped up into existence (it bugs me when Hawkings says that nothing existed before our universe because time itself did not exist). Just because time in our universe didn't exist doesn't mean (at least I think) that the universe could have just popped into existence from nothingness. As to where "the first universe" came from, that's another matter entirely.BossPerson
Best thing i could find is this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZiROWO6iVs
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Wait.....are "other universes" considered to be part of one grand universe? Because I don't think that this universe just spontaneously popped up into existence (it bugs me when Hawkings says that nothing existed before our universe because time itself did not exist). Just because time in our universe didn't exist doesn't mean (at least I think) that the universe could have just popped into existence from nothingness. As to where "the first universe" came from, that's another matter entirely.BossPerson
I think a lot of that sort of thinking is largely because of human perception. We're actually really bad at thinking "outside the box" to the point where picturing things like a new colour is nigh impossible. I still think it's possible that there's other "universes" existing out there much like galaxies exist in our universe but on a scale we can't even comprehend (because we can't even really comprehend our universe as we know it).
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]We aren't moving any closer to or further away from other stars (by any great margin)... Granted, we are supposed to be combining with Andromeda in the next billion years or so (I think) Nibroc420

So we're getting closer to andromeda, but none of the stars of andromeda?

FPalm

If you can't discern between what I was saying about stars and then galaxies
I'm not gonna help ya
Use a little bit of deductive logic

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]We aren't moving any closer to or further away from other stars (by any great margin)... Granted, we are supposed to be combining with Andromeda in the next billion years or so (I think) chaoscougar1

FPalm

I'm not gonna help ya

>Two Galaxies, the Milky Way, and Andromeda Galaxies, are supposed to collide within the next 4 billion years. >Galaxies are made up of Solar systems, containing planets, and stars. >Collision entails the two bodies are getting closer to each other. Yet you say the Galaxies are getting closer, where as the stars are getting further away. How's that work? I should be the one face-palming here.
Avatar image for AbstractRadical
AbstractRadical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AbstractRadical
Member since 2013 • 632 Posts
I am sure there is but it is currently unknown.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

Nibroc420

FPalm

I'm not gonna help ya

>Two Galaxies, the Milky Way, and Andromeda Galaxies, are supposed to collide within the next 4 billion years. >Galaxies are made up of Solar systems, containing planets, and stars. >Collision entails the two bodies are getting closer to each other. Yet you say the Galaxies are getting closer, where as the stars are getting further away. How's that work? I should be the one face-palming here.

When did I say the stars are getting further away? I said we aren't moving closer to or further away from other stars, which was referring to other stars in our own galaxy as those are the only ones we can actually see We know galaxies have stars, but they are too far away and lost in the gases of the galaxy In summary: Andromeda on collision course Stars in our own galaxy staying relatively the same distance apart
Avatar image for NoSpeakyEnglish
NoSpeakyEnglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 NoSpeakyEnglish
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

If by known universe you mean observable universe then yes definitely.  The observable universe is approx. 93 billion light years edge to edge, however since light first came into being 400,000 years after the Big Bang, you can assume that something has to exist outside of what we can see.Â