Anyone knew someone died unexpectedly?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Anyone knew someone who died unexpectedly? Someone was in good health and at an age not expected for someone to meet their end?

I had a close family friend who was killed by a hit and run driver. Her name was Françoise, a girlfriend of my uncle in Florida. Françoise was taking the dog for a walk before dinner time and only walked about 2 minutes from the door when she got hit by a car. She died during the same time when Skyrim came out, so when ever I hear music I always think of her. Very sad to think the last minutes of someone is just minutes away from something so common of taking a walk.

Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

I had a cousin and friend die in a car crash, an uncle in a motorcycle accident, and some family members die in fights, if those count..........

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

A few actually.

My aunt was hit by a drunk driver and killed instantly in 2004. It tore apart her family.

In 2006 my grandfather had a sudden heart attack and passed away, but he was in really good health before that.

In 2007 my nephew woke up and couldn't move his legs. At the hospital we found out he had a brain tumor. He went into a coma and died later that week.

Last week my uncle had a brain aneurysm and went into a coma instantly. He passed away the next day.

I didn't count suicides or drug overdoses as I suppose there are warning signs for those, even if they seem unexpected.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Dude that use to be in my class was killed last year,someone shot him in the face,he was real funny cool dude
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

My aunt made a recent post of how a friend of hers passed away from an asthma attack, but I don't think I knew the person.

Generally though "Old Age" or "Cancer" or "AIDS" might be the most-often 'expected' kinds of deaths, but in reality, everyone should be aware that it can happen at any time and will happen to everyone. The more time goes on and the more funerals I attend just make it that much more a reality.

Edit: There were a few kids I knew in school that each died in vehicle accidents, another friend who had cancer, another was my old school bus driver, and another friend who had a heart attack at the age of 33.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Not naturally, but a kid two years above me in high school killed himself last year. His brother was in my grade and I didn't know him all that well, but it was still weird. Especially since he was known as the really nice Christian guy everywhere people knew him.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I know a guy who died at 19 from a seizure in his sleep. His parents found him dead in his bed the next morning. Also a guy I never really knew but attended the same school as died via getting hit by a train, and another one was found dead in his (still running) truck after a night of partying, I don't know if he did a bunch of drugs and that's what killed him, or he got CO2 poisoning or something. They never followed up the news story so I assume it wasn't the accidental non-drug death.
Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
One of my mum's co-worker's died suddenly a few weeks ago, it fairly shook my mum up, she had only just been talking to the woman the day before. The woman's daughter found her mum just dead in her mum's doorway, it might have been a heart attack or anything, it was so sudden.
TacticaI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TacticaI
Member since 2006 • 1365 Posts

A girl I went to school with when I was a kid unexpectedly died in her sleep at 21 about a month ago, but I didn't know her too well. 2 months ago a friend of mine and ex-coworker got shot and killed trying to break up a fight at a block party when he came home for a surprise visit, he was also 21. Some years back one of my childhood friends comitted suicide overdosing on prescription drugs. He left a note, but his family did not share what was written, he was 19.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Had a football buddy of mine jump off a bridge this past January. Hadn't talked to him years prior to that event but it seemed like he was doing well with all the stuff he was doing and even wrote a book and got it published. Think he wrote on his FB page before he jumped off the bridge that he was unhappy in this life.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

a friend from highschool shot himself this summer for unknown reasons

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Dude that use to be in my class was killed last year,someone shot him in the face,he was real funny cool dude Bucked20
maybe he's too funny
Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Yeah, a friend from school died of heart failure. He had just finished his Physics degree at Cambridge. He was a pretty incredible person; always seemed like he was on a completely different wavelength intellectually to myself.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I guy I knew in high school died in a car accident.

And when my ex dumped me. She's dead to me now.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I have known about 30 people to die. Some were old, some were young. Some were sick, some were healthy. Some I knew extremely well, some I barely knew. What I define as one of my ministry experiences that has most been a blessing to me was once when I was given the opportunity to comfort a family by way of preaching the funeral for one of my uncles. Death is always a horrible thing but being a blessing to the mourning can be such a huge blessing.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

At least a couple a year, it seems.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
[QUOTE="Bucked20"]Dude that use to be in my class was killed last year,someone shot him in the face,he was real funny cool dude hippiesanta
maybe he's too funny

word
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Yeah... Friend named Jimmy died in his sleep out of nowhere. He was a teammate of mine and was just a sophomore in highschool at the time. Don't know how to describe it.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Just last week a guy I knew killed himself randomly. Was crazy.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
My little sister had a heart attack at the age of 11, my step dad got hit by a car, hit and run.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

My parents were shot by a mugger when I was eight as we were exiting The Mark of Zorro at the local movie theater. He had wanted the pearls on my mother's neck. I sometimes think that was God's way of punishing me for crying too hard when Bambi's mother died years before.

My uncle then died when I was 15 after in a show of being a hotheaded asshat I refused to stop a shop robber out of spite to a guy who screwed me over earlier only for that same robber to kill my uncle when he tried to calm the robber down with a joke.

And then my aunt was going to die when she got shot but fortunately I prevented all that from happening by selling my marriage of twenty years to the Devil and thus accidentally kinda killing my daughter by lessening the chances of her being born.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Yep. My cousin was shot and killed back in 08.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Yeah, my grandfather. Went to bed, never got up again.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
Quite a few people that I went to high school with. It was a string of deaths beginning in Dec. 2010 with the bulk of the deaths happening during the spring of 2011 and latest death happening this past 4th of July. The first death was a guy from my graduating class named Kevin on Dec 10(or second?), 2010. I still don't know the specifics but I heard he was hit by a motorcycle. I used to hang out with him during lunch or whenever we cut class and I felt bad because he added me on FB a few months before and I never responded back. The second death was a guy named Joseph who was a year below me, he got shot in brooklyn sometime in March, 2011. Third death was Mr. Mejia, he was a staff member at the high school, he died of a heart attack in March as well. Fourth death was a kid named Jeffrey who was a couple years below me, he killed himself in April, 2011. The lastest death was a dude named Matt, he was also part of my graduating class, he was shot this past 4th of July not far from where I live. The sad part about his death is that he had just graduated from college and was on his way to graduate school this fall. :( Supposedly another person connected to my HS died in 2011 but I haven't dug into who it was. It's eerie just thinking about their deaths because it's only been 4 years since I graduated from HS and it still feels like yesterday when I would occasionally see these dudes just chilling cutting class in the hallways or trying to sneak out of the school without getting caught by the security guards with Mr. Mejia occasionally getting off his desk to tell us to go to class. Really opens your eyes to how ephemeral our lives can be. :(
ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24947 Posts
[QUOTE="Rockman999"]Quite a few people that I went to high school with. It was a string of deaths beginning in Dec. 2010 with the bulk of the deaths happening during the spring of 2011 and latest death happening this past 4th of July. The first death was a guy from my graduating class named Kevin on Dec 10(or second?), 2010. I still don't know the specifics but I heard he was hit by a motorcycle. I used to hang out with him during lunch or whenever we cut class and I felt bad because he added me on FB a few months before and I never responded back. The second death was a guy named Joseph who was a year below me, he got shot in brooklyn sometime in March, 2011. Third death was Mr. Mejia, he was a staff member at the high school, he died of a heart attack in March as well. Fourth death was a kid named Jeffrey who was a couple years below me, he killed himself in April, 2011. The lastest death was a dude named Matt, he was also part of my graduating class, he was shot this past 4th of July not far from where I live. The sad part about his death is that he had just graduated from college and was on his way to graduate school this fall. :( Supposedly another person connected to my HS died in 2011 but I haven't dug into who it was. It's eerie just thinking about their deaths because it's only been 4 years since I graduated from HS and it still feels like yesterday when I would occasionally see these dudes just chilling cutting class in the hallways or trying to sneak out of the school without getting caught by the security guards with Mr. Mejia occasionally getting off his desk to tell us to go to class. Really opens your eyes to how ephemeral our lives can be. :(

Why did the 2nd and 5th one get shot? All these murders are pointless.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

A good friend of mine was killed in a car accident last summer. Her car stalled on a bridge, and someone behind her didn't see her stopped car and hit her car at full speed. Probably the saddest funeral I've ever been to.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
[QUOTE="ArmoredCore55"][QUOTE="Rockman999"]Quite a few people that I went to high school with. It was a string of deaths beginning in Dec. 2010 with the bulk of the deaths happening during the spring of 2011 and latest death happening this past 4th of July. The first death was a guy from my graduating class named Kevin on Dec 10(or second?), 2010. I still don't know the specifics but I heard he was hit by a motorcycle. I used to hang out with him during lunch or whenever we cut class and I felt bad because he added me on FB a few months before and I never responded back. The second death was a guy named Joseph who was a year below me, he got shot in brooklyn sometime in March, 2011. Third death was Mr. Mejia, he was a staff member at the high school, he died of a heart attack in March as well. Fourth death was a kid named Jeffrey who was a couple years below me, he killed himself in April, 2011. The lastest death was a dude named Matt, he was also part of my graduating class, he was shot this past 4th of July not far from where I live. The sad part about his death is that he had just graduated from college and was on his way to graduate school this fall. :( Supposedly another person connected to my HS died in 2011 but I haven't dug into who it was. It's eerie just thinking about their deaths because it's only been 4 years since I graduated from HS and it still feels like yesterday when I would occasionally see these dudes just chilling cutting class in the hallways or trying to sneak out of the school without getting caught by the security guards with Mr. Mejia occasionally getting off his desk to tell us to go to class. Really opens your eyes to how ephemeral our lives can be. :(

Why did the 2nd and 5th one get shot? All these murders are pointless.

Both were at the wrong place at the wrong time. The second one was in a building where there was drug activity going on, apparently he wasn't the intended target. The fifth one was hit by a stray bullet while leaving a grocery store in Harlem. He wasn't even suppose to be in NYC during that week but he came up because he missed some of his friends.
BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
My cousin died a few months ago of some rare syndrome.
SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
A popular person in the town died a few days ago of sudden adult death syndrome. Just came back from the funeral.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I had a friend who died in a house fire. She was way too young.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
i know w few people who i've played soccer with over the years who have died in freak accidents. one was accidentally electrocuted, one died after a bar fight having fell back and hit his head on the pavement, another fell climbing a waterfall in hawaii and drowned.
Avatar image for NoSpeakyEnglish
NoSpeakyEnglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NoSpeakyEnglish
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

Last month, a good buddy of mine died in front of my eyes. 6 of my buddies and myself were all hanging out at the local corner store and 5 of us went to grab some more bogees/munchies. In the minute we were in there we heard gunshots and ran outside. My bud was lying in a pool of blood and the one that was outside with him was just screaming man. We looked for the wound and found it on the back of his head, but still we kept trying to revive him. I felt his heartbeat slow down and eventually just stop and saw the light from his eyes fade. His funeral was probably the most emotional I have ever been, but I gotta say, the 6 of us have definitely gotten a lot closer. LTM Haze. I don't know any other guy where 50+ chicks showed up to his funeral; you were a player to the end homie. LTM.

flordeceres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 flordeceres
Member since 2005 • 4662 Posts

that i recall, only my sister

Avatar image for invisibletearsx
invisibletearsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 invisibletearsx
Member since 2009 • 997 Posts

My neighbour past away two years ago.

She was pretty healthy. Don't know why.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
My Dad died in an accident
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Nope.

cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

My cousin, who was born the day after me, died in a car crash just before our 19th birthdays. It was a very sad time. When I see his younger brother now, he reminds of my cousin when we were kids because he looks and acts just like him.

One of my childhood friends died while playing baseball. He was up to bat and just suddenly collapsed in the box. It was very unexpected especially in that setting. We were in high school when it happened.

I also worked for a guy who died in a house fire. So, yeah, I guess know a few. Wish I didn't.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
My pastor...he just died out of of the blue...