Anyone else hate the News?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DmadFearmonger
Member since 2009 • 5169 Posts

I refuse to watch the news, refuse to read newspapers, refuse to read Wikileaks. etc. Cause I'd rather not know about people dying and disasters and storms that killed thousands of people and terroists. I'd rather just not know. Because I want to live my simple life of Gaming and Heavy Metal without being paranoid that something might happen here. Am I the only one?

toad1956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 toad1956
Member since 2004 • 1127 Posts

That is a step in disaster my friend. I understand your position but how will you know when the government is screwing with you and you are about to drafted into the Hitler movement? The news is for the most part bs but there are some important truths that we must know in order to make informed decisions. I try to just read the online news and if anything is important then I will watch the news.

TheNewEraIcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 TheNewEraIcon
Member since 2009 • 12196 Posts

I watch the news every morning, I like being aware so thats why lol :P

It can be pretty depressing at times though

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

Watch the NewsHour on PBS... the only news worth watching, zero bias and all facts and intelligent discussion...

Blue_Shield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Blue_Shield
Member since 2010 • 2610 Posts

No, but I do hate the mainstream media.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

i hate news for its anti-islamic propaganda

Avatar image for deactivated-583cc789d981d
deactivated-583cc789d981d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 125

#7 deactivated-583cc789d981d
Member since 2008 • 1722 Posts
I hate the mainstream news but that doesn't mean I remain ignorant of what happens in the World, I choose to remain ignorant of what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast or where Oprah went on the weekend. Thank God for the Internet so I can find my own news and not have to suffer through things like the above.
Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts

Watch the NewsHour on PBS... the only news worth watching, zero bias and all facts and intelligent discussion...

heysharpshooter
PBS lawl, that's just for Arthur and Reading Rainbow.
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DmadFearmonger

That is a step in disaster my friend. I understand your position but how will you know when the government is screwing with you and you are about to drafted into the Hitler movement? The news is for the most part bs but there are some important truths that we must know in order to make informed decisions. I try to just read the online news and if anything is important then I will watch the news.

toad1956
That's fair enough, where should I read it though? Recommend any good sites?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

That's why I stick with the more more upbeat LOCAL news. I'm sick of national and world news myself.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

No. My parents are journalists and my dad went out to Iraq which was kinda scary. I support them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

No, but I do hate the mainstream media.

Blue_Shield

What this guy said.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

I refuse to watch the news, refuse to read newspapers, refuse to read Wikileaks. etc. Cause I'd rather not know about people dying and disasters and storms that killed thousands of people and terroists. I'd rather just not know. Because I want to live my simple life of Gaming and Heavy Metal without being paranoid that something might happen here. Am I the only one?

DmadFearmonger
This is me. :shock: Gaming. Heavy Metal. I'm taking a brief break from Goldeneye right now and I have freekin Megadeth cranked up. "Today someone is murdered. This politician lied. War around the world. The weather forecast predicts this so you know it's definitely not going to be this because we're always f****** wrong!" I
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DmadFearmonger
[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]

wiifan001
This is me. :shock: Gaming. Heavy Metal. I'm taking a brief break from Goldeneye right now and I have freekin Megadeth cranked up. "Today someone is murdered. This politician lied. War around the world. The weather forecast predicts this so you know it's definitely not going to be this because we're always f****** wrong!" I

I just put on Countdown to Extinction thanks to you. XD. Yeah, it's always the same, it's always depressing. I'd rather just shoot people on Bad Company 2 and Headbang to 80's Thrash. \m/
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

The trouble with the news is that it focuses almost exlusively on negative things. They have more buzz. But because of that, we get a skewed perspective of what really goes on.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I watch news, and everything else too....
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts
I love the news :) but you are not alone
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
No, I tend to not take the head-buried-in-sand approach to life.
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

No. My parents are journalists and my dad went out to Iraq which was kinda scary. I support them.

DarthJohnova

That is so awesome. You're dad is the coolest! Now he can say, "I've covered wars, ya' know" and blow everyone away!

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Its not even the fact so much that people are dying...instead it is more that the news is all about its scare tactics to keep you watching.
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DmadFearmonger
Its not even the fact so much that people are dying...instead it is more that the news is all about its scare tactics to keep you watching.ice_radon
lol, it didn't work for me. The media's all lies and exagerations anyways. And they just scare you into watching it. Another reason I dislike news.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pirate700

Its not even the fact so much that people are dying...instead it is more that the news is all about its scare tactics to keep you watching.ice_radon

And they just cover the same topics over and over to death. That's why I watch local news. It's mostly positive, any really pressing world news still gets covered and most importantly, they actually cover NEWS. It's new news (which is the very point of news), every single day.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="ice_radon"]Its not even the fact so much that people are dying...instead it is more that the news is all about its scare tactics to keep you watching.Pirate700

And they just cover the same topics over and over to death. That's why I watch local news. It's mostly positive, any really pressing world news still gets covered and most importantly, they actually cover NEWS. It's new news (which is the very point of news), every single day.

So your local news doesn't have some gay gossip guy talk about dating celebrities and what brand of wine Lady Gaga's pissed on? THANK GOD!
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I hate watching the news. It's over dramatized and ridiculously slow. Commentary never helps. I read the news on the internet. (yes, from legitimate sources)

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="ice_radon"]Its not even the fact so much that people are dying...instead it is more that the news is all about its scare tactics to keep you watching.DmadFearmonger

So your local news doesn't have some gay gossip guy talk about dating celebrities and what brand of wine Lady Gaga's pissed on? THANK GOD!

Well yeah there is still some of that. No news is perfect. :P

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Well yeah there is still some of that. No news is perfect. :P

Damnit
EsYuGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EsYuGee
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

[QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

monkeymoose5000

PBS lawl, that's just for Arthur and Reading Rainbow.

@monkeymoose: Thanks for demonstrating you reading (and maturity) level. Hopefully that was sarcasm.

But, yeah, News Hour is one of the best news sources out there.

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

heysharpshooter

Joke post?

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

I sometimes dislike how they state things, butI still watch it every night.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I have CNN.com as my home page. If it's not on there then I likely won't hear about it. However, there is a rare occasion I will watch the local news. I tend to limit myself to those two options being that they less often sound like conspiracies and are typically relevant.
ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#31 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Do you read news of any kind? Of course no one really wants to read about the dark side of the news, such as with murders, wars and corruption, but you have to be somewhat aware of what's going on in the world.