Anyone else hate marrige?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

My Philosophy is: The day you get married is the day you die inside.  I don't want to be restrained.  I want to be able to leave without explaining where I'm going, how long I'll be there, and why I'm going there.  Besides, I really don't find anyone attractive.  I also hate being around people too.  What about you?

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
I also hate being around people too.jim_shorts
You're going to have a wonderful life...

Maybe when you do find someone that you can stand to be around, or maybe even to spend the rest of your life with, you'll change your mind.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Godly_Cure
Member since 2007 • 4293 Posts
I've already been down that path.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Someone has obviously been watching way too much TV...
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jim_shorts
Someone has obviously been watching way too much TV...foxhound_fox
I actually hate TV.  The only good show on anymore is Mythbusters.  I'm here all the time actually.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 foxhound_fox
I actually hate TV. The only good show on anymore is Mythbusters. I'm here all the time actually.jim_shorts

Movies perhaps?

You seem to have a broad misconception to what "marriage is all about."

[Mythbusters rules]
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
I don't personally see a point in marriage seeing as I'm not religious. In my case I'll just be promising to give a girl half my money if we split up which is pointless.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178867 Posts
I don't personally see a point in marriage seeing as I'm not religious. In my case I'll just be promising to give a girl half my money if we split up which is pointless.nickmag
Tax Deductions. Besides, someday you will fall in love and the girl will want to be married.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jim_shorts
[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]I actually hate TV. The only good show on anymore is Mythbusters. I'm here all the time actually.foxhound_fox

Movies perhaps?

You seem to have a broad misconception to what "marriage is all about."

[Mythbusters rules]

The last movie I saw was... Oh crap I can't even remember.  It has been a while however.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dark__Link
[QUOTE="nickmag"]I don't personally see a point in marriage seeing as I'm not religious. In my case I'll just be promising to give a girl half my money if we split up which is pointless.LJS9502_basic
Tax Deductions. Besides, someday you will fall in love and the girl will want to be married.

With tax deductions being the major argument there. :P
Funereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Funereal
Member since 2006 • 530 Posts
Marriage is most often an economical disaster for the guy (assuming that the guy is the one making the most money, for simplicitys sake). Suddenly she owns have of everything you own, how is that good in any way? Marriage is an obsolete practice that is perpetrated by the church and by the ignorance of the general public. Being opposed to marriage is for me a fundamental opinion that any girl or guy I'm interested in having a relationship with should share.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178867 Posts
Marriage is most often an economical disaster for the guy (assuming that the guy is the one making the most money, for simplicitys sake). Suddenly she owns have of everything you own, how is that good in any way? Marriage is an obsolete practice that is perpetrated by the church and by the ignorance of the general public. Being opposed to marriage is for me a fundamental opinion that any girl or guy I'm interested in having a relationship with should share.Funereal
Love changes everything. Besides, marriage is not just religion related and many men make less than their wives now.:)
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
I don't think I'll get married. Mainly because I can't see myself being married.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dark__Link
[QUOTE="Funereal"]Marriage is most often an economical disaster for the guy (assuming that the guy is the one making the most money, for simplicitys sake). Suddenly she owns have of everything you own, how is that good in any way? Marriage is an obsolete practice that is perpetrated by the church and by the ignorance of the general public. Being opposed to marriage is for me a fundamental opinion that any girl or guy I'm interested in having a relationship with should share.

Good luck with that.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jim_shorts
I'm not trying to make this about religion.  I'm merely stating that I couldn't stand being around someone my entire life.  Why must everything turn into a religious debate?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
Member since 2006 • 3052 Posts
Whats wrong with spending the rest of your life with someone you love?
Apenoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Apenoot
Member since 2005 • 2087 Posts
I don't want to get married but I probably will anyways. Most women want to marry eventually and though marriage itself doesn't mean much to me, I don't hate the concept either.
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
I've been happily married for over 2 years. When you grow up, you'll realize it's not what you portray it to be. If anything, our relationship and lives are better since we got married.
Funereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Funereal
[QUOTE="Dark__Link"][QUOTE="Funereal"]Marriage is most often an economical disaster for the guy (assuming that the guy is the one making the most money, for simplicitys sake). Suddenly she owns have of everything you own, how is that good in any way? Marriage is an obsolete practice that is perpetrated by the church and by the ignorance of the general public. Being opposed to marriage is for me a fundamental opinion that any girl or guy I'm interested in having a relationship with should share.

Good luck with that.

Thank you. I don't think luck has that much to do with anything though. All my friends (both guys and girls) think marriage is really stupid so it's not exactly like I'm alone in my opinion.
Account_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Account_27
Member since 2005 • 13426 Posts
[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]I also hate being around people too.Dark__Link

Maybe when you do find someone that you can stand to be around, or maybe even to spend the rest of your life with, you'll change your mind.

He will. Compare the amount of teenagers who say they won't get married to the amount that do, and it's evident that people change.
Funereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Funereal
I've been happily married for over 2 years. When you grow up, you'll realize it's not what you portray it to be. If anything, our relationship and lives are better since we got married.LukeAF24
That's great! Although it wasn't the marriage itself that made your relationship better it was the fact that both of you believed that the marrying would make your lives better. You could just as well have gotten tattoos of each others names or exchanged pies or whatever, as long as you believe it will make your relationship better it will. It's all about feeling comfortable affirming your trust in each other etc. The legal contract that you both signed didn't in itself have any impact on your relationship, it's all what you make it out to be.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 foxhound_fox
[QUOTE="Funereal"]Marriage is most often an economical disaster for the guy (assuming that the guy is the one making the most money, for simplicitys sake). Suddenly she owns have of everything you own, how is that good in any way? Marriage is an obsolete practice that is perpetrated by the church and by the ignorance of the general public. Being opposed to marriage is for me a fundamental opinion that any girl or guy I'm interested in having a relationship with should share.

Guess you missed the fact that marriage exists and has existed in every single culture (in a variety of forms) on this planet since the beginning of the Homo sapiens (sapiens) race.

Conspiracy theories FTL!
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
Although it wasn't the marriage itself that made your relationship better it was the fact that both of you believed that the marrying would make your lives better. You could just as well have gotten tattoos of each others names or exchanged pies or whatever, as long as you believe it will make your relationship better it will. It's all about feeling comfortable affirming your trust in each other etc. The legal contract that you both signed didn't in itself have any impact on your relationship, it's all what you make it out to be.Funereal
Well actually it's the legality part of it that is what made the difference for us, at least here in America it is. I do understand what you are saying and I agree. Although, our home, cars, taxes, insurance, among many other things would have been either impossible to get without being married, or extremely expensive.
Hexum-311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hexum-311
Member since 2007 • 1158 Posts
I've been with my girl for three years and we don't want to get married. It just seems to ruin the relationship.
Funereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Funereal
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Funereal"]Marriage is most often an economical disaster for the guy (assuming that the guy is the one making the most money, for simplicitys sake). Suddenly she owns have of everything you own, how is that good in any way? Marriage is an obsolete practice that is perpetrated by the church and by the ignorance of the general public. Being opposed to marriage is for me a fundamental opinion that any girl or guy I'm interested in having a relationship with should share.

Guess you missed the fact that marriage exists and has existed in every single culture (in a variety of forms) on this planet since the beginning of the Homo sapiens (sapiens) race.

Conspiracy theories FTL!

yes they have, but I was referring to the current state in the western world, where christianity is most prevalent. Affirming the relationship between two individuals through ceremony is something that has existed for a very long time, it's a staple in most cultures. The fact that it in the modern western world is a legal contract pertaining the dividing of assets is what I'm most opposed to.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
Whats wrong with spending the rest of your life with someone you love?AnimeKiller
absolutely nothing, but why do you need to get married to do this? social conditioning could be why. (plus the tax thing LJ, yes :P)
Funereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Funereal
[QUOTE="Funereal"]Although it wasn't the marriage itself that made your relationship better it was the fact that both of you believed that the marrying would make your lives better. You could just as well have gotten tattoos of each others names or exchanged pies or whatever, as long as you believe it will make your relationship better it will. It's all about feeling comfortable affirming your trust in each other etc. The legal contract that you both signed didn't in itself have any impact on your relationship, it's all what you make it out to be.LukeAF24
Well actually it's the legality part of it that is what made the difference for us, at least here in America it is. I do understand what you are saying and I agree. Although, our home, cars, taxes, insurance, among many other things would have been either impossible to get without being married, or extremely expensive.

I don't really know anything about how stuff like that works in the US but I understand what you mean. Getting loans and stuff like that is also easier if you are a married couple afaik.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 foxhound_fox
[QUOTE="Funereal"]yes they have, but I was referring to the current state in the western world, where christianity is most prevalent. Affirming the relationship between two individuals through ceremony is something that has existed for a very long time, it's a staple in most cultures. The fact that it in the modern western world is a legal contract pertaining the dividing of assets is what I'm most opposed to.

Ever hear of a prenup?
Funereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Funereal
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Funereal"]yes they have, but I was referring to the current state in the western world, where christianity is most prevalent. Affirming the relationship between two individuals through ceremony is something that has existed for a very long time, it's a staple in most cultures. The fact that it in the modern western world is a legal contract pertaining the dividing of assets is what I'm most opposed to.

Ever hear of a prenup?

Yes I know what they are but I don't see why you couldn't just skip the whole marriage thing altogether instead.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 foxhound_fox
Yes I know what they are but I don't see why you couldn't just skip the whole marriage thing altogether instead.Funereal

Tax benefits... always got to have tax benefits...
akamaru64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 akamaru64
Member since 2005 • 1436 Posts
Im gonna get married but not for a loooooong time, I wanna make sure I'm ready for this and dont have a divorce like my parents did
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jim_shorts
[QUOTE="Dark__Link"][QUOTE="jim_shorts"]I also hate being around people too.Account_27

He will. Compare the amount of teenagers who say they won't get married to the amount that do, and it's evident that people change.

No I won't.  The fact that I'm a teenager does not mean you can't believe what I say. 
Funereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Funereal
[QUOTE="Funereal"]Yes I know what they are but I don't see why you couldn't just skip the whole marriage thing altogether instead.foxhound_fox

Tax benefits... always got to have tax benefits...

Things like that are in my opinions flaws in our society and I do not wish to perpetrate flaws by following the herd and doing what the leaders and the mass think is right. Sure things like that could technically be considered as perks when it comes to marriage but that is like saying that the perk with taking heroin is that you feel really good while high, doesn't mean it's a good idea though. Sorry for the very poor analogy. :)