Any long time Wrestling fans, did you watch AEW Dynamite (All Elite Wrestling) world premier?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

AEW started 10/2/2019 (as I'm posting this at the current time) and for those who watch it, what do you think?

Me, there were a few rough spots, but with it being their first TV show ever, that's to be expected for a rookie series and will be cleaned up in the coming weeks AEW did what WWE hasn't been able to do in years, put on a great wrestling show with the right balance of promos and wrestling in front of a hot crowd from beginning to end It was awesome how they used picture-in-picture for commercials, absolutely helps the product stand-out!

AEW did one thing right and that's not trying to compete with WWE, do your own thing. Jack Swagger was a nice surprise to see again.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

I haven't watched any wrasslin' for well over a decade.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Unfortunately I missed it. A few people have said it wasn't bad but to be honest, even if it was bad it would still be leaps and bounds ahead of the embarrassing WWE.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I watched most of it, it was ok to be honest I watched it to give them ratings to spite the WWE lol. It was nice to hear Tony Schiavones voice again it had a WCW vibe to it. The set looked good so glad they didn't go overboard with the LED screens like the WWE. Still there's corny crap to it but at least it's TV-14 that helps I hope they keep beating NXT in the ratings.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Thought the first two shows were solid. The unscripted promos alone are very noticeable and very welcomed in my opinion. They don't have that robotic Seth Rollins delivery.

My issue with AEW is that it does lack star power. And I'm not talking about existing stars, just talents that I could foresee being big deals in the near future.

What I'm hoping for is that AEW somehow cuts a deal with NJPW for a Bullet Club invasion angle down the road.

As for WWE, Hell in the Cell was awful, really awful. RAW was absolutely terrible. And even as a boxing and passive UFC fan, I didn't care for the Cain Velasquez angle, and the Tyson Fury angle (Though I like him) did not give that same intensity and big appeal that Tyson had.

My stock is in AEW right now. In other news, if NXT can start getting some more angles and stories going, I think it'll be the best WWE product - Velveteen is a megastar in the making.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

Nope, last thing caught was Tyson Fury guessed appearing in it.

Which is perfect, he's eccentric as hell, Wrestling seems like a natural direction once he's done with the boxing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Man that Jericho promo last night was soo good it was refreshing to hear a wrestler not sound like a robot I love all those digs at WWE and using the word shit was nice I know it's trivial but wrestling has been PG for so long it's great to have another company that isn't afraid to curse. It's ridiculous if you think about WWE is trying so hard to be politically correct when we live in a world where any kid can look at the nastiest stuff on the internet lol. Anyways overall I really enjoyed the whole show this is the first time I sat through a full two hour wrestling show probably since 2005 or 06. I'm actually looking forward to next week to a wrestling show holy crap it's been so long since I felt like that. But granted wrestling will never be as good as it was from 96-01 my expectations are alot lower these days when it comes to wrestling WWE really messed things up.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Yeah, I watched the first show last week and the second show last night and they were both very good shows indeed. I’ve been a fan and regular watcher of WWE for decades now and still enjoy it but I’m definitely adding AEW in my regular wrestling watch schedule. Jericho was great last night and really is the best at what he does.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

Even though Jericho is 48 years old, it's amazing he's still got that wrestling talent going for him, he was the best parts last night's AEW. I have to say it's just perfect timing that AEW came out at the absolute best time when WWE was at it's lowest point.... And is still too stupid to step it up to compete.

I like the feel of AEW, I like the fresh new faces aside from a few familiars. The roster is still small enough to keep track of. I like the more sportsman's style commentary especially with JR's long lived experience in the business. It's different, as it should be.

Some people were expecting it to be WWE but with different guys, not new and different rules and overall experience with better commentary and a win/loss record. Embrace the difference, this is AEW.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@sonic_spark said:

Thought the first two shows were solid. The unscripted promos alone are very noticeable and very welcomed in my opinion. They don't have that robotic Seth Rollins delivery.

My issue with AEW is that it does lack star power. And I'm not talking about existing stars, just talents that I could foresee being big deals in the near future.

What I'm hoping for is that AEW somehow cuts a deal with NJPW for a Bullet Club invasion angle down the road.

As for WWE, Hell in the Cell was awful, really awful. RAW was absolutely terrible. And even as a boxing and passive UFC fan, I didn't care for the Cain Velasquez angle, and the Tyson Fury angle (Though I like him) did not give that same intensity and big appeal that Tyson had.

My stock is in AEW right now. In other news, if NXT can start getting some more angles and stories going, I think it'll be the best WWE product - Velveteen is a megastar in the making.

Future stars tend to start as nothing. SCSA was laughable during the late days of WCCW and then the USWA and look what became of him.

HIAC, from what I read, was another joke and comparable, in terms of comedy, with the Kingston 9 second squash. If the WWE was a movie, it would be a direct to video relegated to the bowels of streaming services.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@davillain- said:

Even though Jericho is 48 years old, it's amazing he's still got that wrestling talent going for him, he was the best parts last night's AEW. I have to say it's just perfect timing that AEW came out at the absolute best time when WWE was at it's lowest point.... And is still too stupid to step it up to compete.

I like the feel of AEW, I like the fresh new faces aside from a few familiars. The roster is still small enough to keep track of. I like the more sportsman's style commentary especially with JR's long lived experience in the business. It's different, as it should be.

Some people were expecting it to be WWE but with different guys, not new and different rules and overall experience with better commentary and a win/loss record. Embrace the difference, this is AEW.

It's the perfect storm isn't it? who knew last year at this time there would be a new wrestling promotion with the backing of a billionaire wrestling fan Tony Kahn and it would air on TNT primetime with Tony Schiavone and JR on commentary along with Cody Rhodes and Jericho ect... this is one of the best things to happen to wrestling in ages. I just hope they can keep improving you can tell for now at least they actually care what the wrestling fans think. Not like the WWE where they constantly force wrestlers down your throat like Cena and Reigns ect... and just all the corny shit they have been doing for a decade now it's been a long time coming that a new promotion came along that actually can compete with them it's such a breath of fresh air.