Any axemen on here?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#1 Edited by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -

Bought myself a new toy today as it was cheap.

I had lessons 20 or so years ago and have tried 3 or 4 times since then to pick it up but it never happened.

This time it WILL!!

I WILL be the next Hendrix

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#2 Posted by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

Looks nice, new, and spiffy. I have a MiM Fender Fat Strat myself, but I don't play it often because it's not so great for metal. I've got myself a Schechter Hellraiser, which plays very nice for metal.

My next guitar will need to have 7 strings. :)

Avatar image for Master_Live
#3 Posted by Master_Live (18815 posts) -

Yeah, but you won't.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#4 Edited by MonsieurX (36673 posts) -

Here's mine

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#5 Posted by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

Yeah, but you won't.

I might....

Avatar image for branketra
#6 Posted by BranKetra (51726 posts) -

Not yet, but I plan on learning electric guitar. I already know trumpet and at some point, I will learn piano.

Avatar image for GazaAli
#7 Edited by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Here's mine

I came here to post the exact same thing. I can't believe someone else thought of this XD

Here's mine :3

Avatar image for Allicrombie
#8 Posted by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -

damnit, was hoping for a thread about cereal killers.

Avatar image for SaintLeonidas
#9 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#10 Posted by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -

@Allicrombie: Sorry to disappoint.

Would you like me to pop to the local school ?

....That was a bit dark...

Avatar image for EPICCOMMANDER
#11 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (1103 posts) -

I tried learning guitar a few years ago using one of my sister's old acoustic guitar, only problem is, I'm left handed. I briefly considered switching the strings so I could do more advance things with it, but then my sister wanted the guitar back so I left it as is. After I moved away to college I've since put that dream on hold indefinitely.

@SaintLeonidas said:

I don't get i-Oh, the Shining. Right.

Avatar image for mercuria1_king
#12 Posted by Mercuria1_King (278 posts) -

I am currently teaching myself how to play.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#13 Posted by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

I tried learning guitar a few years ago using one of my sister's old acoustic guitar, only problem is, I'm left handed. I briefly considered switching the strings so I could do more advance things with it, but then my sister wanted the guitar back so I left it as is. After I moved away to college I've since put that dream on hold indefinitely.

@SaintLeonidas said:

I don't get i-Oh, the Shining. Right.

Why not just learn to play right handed? That's what I did.

Avatar image for branketra
#14 Edited by BranKetra (51726 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

damnit, was hoping for a thread about cereal killers.

Lucky the Leprechaun is innocent. Innocent, I tell you!

Avatar image for EPICCOMMANDER
#15 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (1103 posts) -
@KHAndAnime said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

I tried learning guitar a few years ago using one of my sister's old acoustic guitar, only problem is, I'm left handed. I briefly considered switching the strings so I could do more advance things with it, but then my sister wanted the guitar back so I left it as is. After I moved away to college I've since put that dream on hold indefinitely.

Why not just learn to play right handed? That's what I did.

Yeah, I maybe could do that, but now I don't have a guitar anymore. Also as much as I keep telling myself I'd like to learn to play guitar, if I really wanted to I probably would have done it and learned it by now. I've been home for two whole months now and haven't even thought about trying to learn it or even trying to find a guitar I could use.

Avatar image for indzman
#16 Posted by indzman (26891 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Here's mine

Avatar image for xeno_ghost
#17 Edited by Xeno_ghost (990 posts) -

Oh that kind of axeman, how disappointing...

Avatar image for hippiesanta
#18 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Here's mine

Loading Video...

this guy hate axe

Avatar image for Assassin_87
#19 Edited by Assassin_87 (2341 posts) -

Gonna try to jump back into it. I started learning when I was about fourteen (my uncle was trying to teach me) but just did not have the focus necessary at the time.

I actually just ordered one of these:

Avatar image for jasean79
#20 Edited by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

Oh hell yeah, been playing for over 25 years, Classical for 15 of those.

I currently own the following:

My main "axe", a 2001 G.V. Rubio "Torres" Classical

My other two:

Godin "La Patrie" Collection Classical/Electric

Cordoba RCWE Classical/Electric narrow body:

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#21 Posted by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -

New pick :D

Avatar image for jasean79
#22 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@klunt_bumskrint said:

New pick :D

Extra heavy? That's what you want for the lightning speed picking.

Avatar image for EPICCOMMANDER
#23 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (1103 posts) -
@jasean79 said:

@klunt_bumskrint said:

New pick :D

Extra heavy? That's what you want for the lightning speed picking.

Well unless he's Johnny Ramone's son, he said he hasn't had lessons in 20 years, so I don't think he's going to be trying downpicking at a moderate tempo any time soon. That's a cool pick though.

Avatar image for jasean79
#24 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@jasean79 said:

@klunt_bumskrint said:

New pick :D

Extra heavy? That's what you want for the lightning speed picking.

Well unless he's Johnny Ramone's son, he said he hasn't had lessons in 20 years, so I don't think he's going to be trying downpicking at a moderate tempo any time soon. That's a cool pick though.

Maybe not, but if he does alternate picking (down, up, down, up) he'll get a lot more use of the heavier gauge pick and really boost his chops.

Avatar image for EPICCOMMANDER
#25 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (1103 posts) -

Oh, and I hope you bought more than one of those picks. I played guitar for like a week and I lost the pick I had, so don't get too attached to it. Your dog will eat it, or you'll lose it inside the depths of your couch, so prepare yourself for the inevitable.