Another weekend, another Saturday. What are your plans?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

It's been a week since last time I made this thread, however it feels like yesterday.

Today I have the best plans. Greatest plans. And that might be hitting the bed early, as the workout today has left me exhausted.

What are your plans? Anyone began Christmas shopping yet? Or do you all wait until after Thanksgiving?

@davillain-: Still sick?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I might use today to catch up on some work I couldn't get done during the week.

Then tonight....

Vidja gaemz!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 horgen  Moderator

@plageus900 said:

I might use today to catch up on some work I couldn't get done during the week.

Then tonight....

Vidja gaemz!

I need more time for video games... I recently bought a few ones. A Plague Tale, Die Young, Life Is Strange 2, waiting for Halo: Master Chief Collection and Red Dead Redemption to be released.

I am still playing Skyrim....

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

Upset stomach, spend most of the day on the toilet with the urge to poop regardless of nothing coming out.

Woe.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 horgen  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

Upset stomach, spend most of the day on the toilet with the urge to poop regardless of nothing coming out.

Woe.

So... How is your phone battery holding up? :P

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Going to a buddy's house later tonight to have supper with a few friends. During the day I will be cleaning my apartment and it'll be nice to get a few games in before I leave for supper.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@horgen said:

It's been a week since last time I made this thread, however it feels like yesterday.

Today I have the best plans. Greatest plans. And that might be hitting the bed early, as the workout today has left me exhausted.

What are your plans? Anyone began Christmas shopping yet? Or do you all wait until after Thanksgiving?

It sure does it's mind boggling how fast time flies by isn't it? As for my plans today eat a turkey dinner and try to find something good to watch and play more RDR2 on PC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@warmblur: @horgen Not anymore, thanks for asking :)

I'm doing fine today on this nice relaxing Saturday. Speaking of, today I'll be focusing on playing both Pokemon Sword & Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order today before heading back to work on Monday.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Work as always. Going to try to get a good chuck of time in with Jedi Fallen Order tomorrow. I wasted so much time trying to kill a stupid frog last night that I got absolutely no where. I swear, making it a Souls-like was entirely not the best thing for this game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#10 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts
@warmblur said:
@horgen said:

It sure does it's mind boggling how fast time flies by isn't it? As for my plans today eat a turkey dinner and try to find something good to watch and play more RDR2 on PC.

Shit reminded me, need to pick up one for Christmas.

@horgen: Drinking heavy coffee wasn't exactly the best idea in the world.

Those cheap takeouts, never know what condition their kitchen is in.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 horgen  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: What's wrong with heavy coffee? I tried a Trippel Espresso by Monster a few weeks ago on a Friday... I woke up at 7am on a Saturday and was wide awake :P

@JustPlainLucas said:

Work as always. Going to try to get a good chuck of time in with Jedi Fallen Order tomorrow. I wasted so much time trying to kill a stupid frog last night that I got absolutely no where. I swear, making it a Souls-like was entirely not the best thing for this game.

It's difficult?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator
@davillain- said:

@warmblur: @horgen Not anymore, thanks for asking :)

I'm doing fine today on this nice relaxing Saturday. Speaking of, today I'll be focusing on playing both Pokemon Sword & Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order today before heading back to work on Monday.

You're welcome.

Yesterday I had to stay home from work since my son was sick. I hope I didn't get anything.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JustPlainLucas

@horgen said:

@uninspiredcup: What's wrong with heavy coffee? I tried a Trippel Espresso by Monster a few weeks ago on a Friday... I woke up at 7am on a Saturday and was wide awake :P

@JustPlainLucas said:

It's difficult?

Well, I don't think I was supposed to kill it yet (which I did finally succeed last night). I saw it, so I wanted to kill it. I went off the designated path so early, I didn't even get my health stims yet. So, I had no abilities and no way to heal, and did a pretty bad job of learning when to dodge and sidestep. So, it's only as difficult as you make it. That's why I said I wish it wasn't Souls-like, because I play the Souls games SO SLOWLY because I'm always doing shit I'm not ready for, and I die over and over and over because something's there, and I want to tackle while I'm there, even though the game is CLEARLY telling me I'm not supposed to take it on yet. Hell, I even spent an hour killing ONE wolf in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey because I happened across it, even though it was like 20 levels higher than I was.

I'm stubborn that way...

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

watching football.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator

@JustPlainLucas said:

Well, I don't think I was supposed to kill it yet (which I did finally succeed last night). I saw it, so I wanted to kill it. I went off the designated path so early, I didn't even get my health stims yet. So, I had no abilities and no way to heal, and did a pretty bad job of learning when to dodge and sidestep. So, it's only as difficult as you make it. That's why I said I wish it wasn't Souls-like, because I play the Souls games SO SLOWLY because I'm always doing shit I'm not ready for, and I die over and over and over because something's there, and I want to tackle while I'm there, even though the game is CLEARLY telling me I'm not supposed to take it on yet. Hell, I even spent an hour killing ONE wolf in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey because I happened across it, even though it was like 20 levels higher than I was.

I'm stubborn that way...

Maybe, just maybe I should get this game. Don't have time to play it though. =/

How is the gameplay?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

off to norway next week northern light chasing so prepping for that. buying wooly clothes mainly. wool all the things

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JustPlainLucas

@horgen said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

I'm stubborn that way...

Maybe, just maybe I should get this game. Don't have time to play it though. =/

How is the gameplay?

Gameplay's pretty solid so far, although not as refined as an actual Souls game. It seems just a bit rough in spots, although that's probably because I'm not really that good at it yet. I've heard that people who play it on the hardest difficulty say everything's really responsive. I guess I'm just a bit rusty with action games like this.

Combat primarily involves a lot of parrying, so that's playing a key point in my frustration. I have to learn attack indicators for each enemy and get good at parrying them. It's hard to really just beat down opponents by simply button mashing them. Right now, I'm practicing on Dathomir, which I've heard is an optional planet that you're not supposed to take on right away, but here I am. There's two Zabraks (Darth Maul's species) that I'm practicing on. I'm doing better with each fight, and I can take them down without losing half a life bar now. I can only imagine how future fights will be... especially with a Sith... My only real complaint with the combat, though, is that some moves should just be part of your basic move set, like an overhead slash, yet it uses Force. I'm looking forward to learning some real Force moves, because so far, I don't have any.

I'm still very early in the game, but so far, the level design looks to be pretty interesting. Once you get more abilities, you can access areas you couldn't before There's a decent map system, too, that helps you with navigating. Think of a Metroidvania, but in 3D. The mood and atmosphere of the game is authentic Star Wars. Really looks and SOUNDS like a Star Wars. I would say if you're really itching for a good Star Wars game, this would fit the bill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#19 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

You guys hit the nail on the head about this week just breezing by. It has been a busy week, but a quick one.

I wish the weekend could have lasted a little bit longer than it did, but it turned out alright. Yesterday at this time I was in a slightly less good mood, so I managed to improve things a bit.

Tomorrow is my last day of freedom for a little while. I kinda want to cherish the day, and look forward to a hopeful future.