Another Shooting involving Assault Rifles and Children

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

LA Times

Another Feel Good Story involving Assault Rifles.

I'm sure someone will post a meme saying tic tacs kill more people than assault rifles.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

It must be a government conspiracy, individual gun owners are too responsible to do something like this.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts
damn this is Obama's fault so he can take our guns away and let the NWO take over the US by power of the UN so we're forced to have commie healthcare and use fluoride water and breath in chemtrails and become atheists that practice Sharia Law
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts
Imagine that....someone that wants to commit a crime finds a way to do so. In other news....the sun is hot.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
damn this is Obama's fault so he can take our guns away and let the NWO take over the US by power of the UN so we're forced to have commie healthcare and use fluoride water and breath in chemtrails and become atheists that practice Sharia Lawlamprey263
This sounds accurate.
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

Well, I guess the fact that Assult Rifles are already banned didn't help anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

damn, if only the children had guns this wouldnt have happened

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

It must be a government conspiracy, individual gun owners are too responsible to do something like this.

theone86
He's just the patsy.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
It's probably going to turn out the shooter is related to the victims given how they don't remark on it being a home invasion attempt. Also it was a semi-automatic AR-15, not an assault rifle. Also that's fvcking horrible.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#10 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

This sh!t has to stop, I'm tired of seeing this on the news everyday. However don't use this as an excuse to throw out rational thinking and put the blame on responsible gun owners. Also for the record that was not an assualt rifle, a lot of people who are not educated on guns don't know what the term actually means.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
This sh!t has to stop, I'm tired of seeing this on the news everyday. However don't use this as an excuse to throw out rational thinking and put the blame on responsible gun owners.ShadowMoses900
Who are you and what did you do with ShadowMoses900?
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

They should give the guns their own guns so the guns can stop the shooter from harming other people.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShadowMoses900

if we ban all children then surely the criminals will have nothing to shoot, right? That seems to be Americas logic.

HyperWarlock

No. You have no idea what you are talking about. There are different solutions being proposed right now, the NRA wants more guns and armed guards in schools and whatnot, while others want more gun control and better services for the mentally ill.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic

if we ban all children then surely the criminals will have nothing to shoot, right? That seems to be Americas logic.

HyperWarlock
And the most clueless user of the year goes to....
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

Yeah, because the same thing couldn't have been done with a handgun or a knife...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

HyperWarlock

America will do anything besides ban their beloved assualt rifles, America is a mess, mass shootings weekly. The whole country is going to descend into anarchy.

Weekly? I'm going to have to ask you for proof of that. Let's take 2012.....I want to see a list of mass shootings for each week. Also assault rifles ARE banned.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

HyperWarlock

America will do anything besides ban their beloved assualt rifles, America is a mess, mass shootings weekly. The whole country is going to descend into anarchy.

What's actually descending is the crime rate. It's been on steady downtick since the 80s. We're experiencing half the crime we used to face in 92. FBI crime stats are available for you to peruse if you want to check. The media is focusing on these crimes, creating a perception that people are running rampant with guns. That's simply not true.

BTW, assault rifles have been banned since 86.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
America will do anything besides ban their beloved assualt rifles, America is a mess, mass shootings weekly.HyperWarlock
Assault rifles were banned in the US over a decade ago. The AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle like any other on the market. The only reason people are scared of it is because it has a fully-automatic cousin employed by the US Military. You can buy polymer, interlocking 25-round magazines for Ruger .22 rifles. And legally buy 100-round drums as well. 500-round bricks of ammo cost a few dollars. That gun with 5 stacked mags or a 100-shot drum would kill way more people in a shorter amount of time than an AR-15 with a 10-shot mag. And the Ruger, and it's accessories, being .22 rimfire, are completely legal and not scary at all to shoot (kids shoot them for fun at ranges).
Avatar image for BenedictArnold7
BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BenedictArnold7
Member since 2012 • 743 Posts
Confirmation bias. Seeking out facts that support your case and ignoring everything else.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ShadowMoses900

HyperWarlock

1) It wasn't an assualt rifle

2) Said assault rifles are already impossible to obtain

3) There isn't a mass shooting weekly.

Most gun owners are responsible and safe, in fact alchohol and drunk drivers kill more people than guns in America. You are hyperboling and severely misinformed. Learn about guns first before you make such statements.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

what was I thinking?

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

You are all in denial that you're country is a mess. It's clear there is no talking to you clueless 'patriots'.

HyperWarlock

Unless you can refute anything we're saying, you're the one that's clueless.

We'll patiently await your "facts".

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

You are all in denial that you're country is a mess. It's clear there is no talking to you clueless 'patriots'.

HyperWarlock
And you have not given the asked for proof.....stop talking out of your ass.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

HyperWarlock

Actually assault rifles are already banned. You seem to be very confused.

you can obtain a licence.

The Federal Assault Weapons Ban expired on September 13, 2004, as part of the law's sunset provision. There have been multiple attempts to renew the ban,but no bill has reached the House floor for a vote.

That licence is impossible to obtain.....only top of the line FBI agents and other such groups have the clearence for those, and even then there is a massive amount of laws they have to follow. The average citezen cannot obtain an assault weapon, and the assault weapon ban didn't ban the guns you are thinking of, the term is a bit of a misrepresentaiton and was mostly targeted at cosmetic parts.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

damn this is Obama's fault so he can take our guns away and let the NWO take over the US by power of the UN so we're forced to have commie healthcare and use fluoride water and breath in chemtrails and become atheists that practice Sharia Lawlamprey263

Commie health care, what are you on about??

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
I don't think there is a government conspiracy that is causing these shootings. There is, however, a clear anti-2nd amendment agenda being pushed by the mainstream media.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HyperWarlock

I have no idea what I was talking about, I was talking out my ass. Something seemed to spark inside me to talk crap over the internet for a few minutes there. My apologies and condolences to the victims of the appalling crime.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
I do consider the government being involved as a possibility, but there is not substantial evidence for it.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HyperWarlock

I do consider the government being involved as a possibility, but there is not substantial evidence for it.Laihendi

I don't think they would risk that, if that got out then there would be large scale riots and widespread uproar.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I have no idea what I was talking about, I was talking out my ass. Something seemed to spark inside me to talk crap over the internet for a few minutes there. My apologies and condolences to the victims of the appalling crime.

HyperWarlock

www.assaultweapon.info

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

It's probably going to turn out the shooter is related to the victims given how they don't remark on it being a home invasion attempt. Also it was a semi-automatic AR-15, not an assault rifle. Also that's fvcking horrible. Ace6301

Ahh I was looking to see if it was a semi or a full-auto. Was that in that particular article itself or from a news source? It really felt that article was badly written.

Actually worse in my mind that it was semi-auto. Sick of all the LEGAL GUNS being used for murder...

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts
Of course....
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

This is extremely tragic, though like other crimes lately, not the fault of assault rifles. Both sides will use this to their advantage of course, and some will accuse the government of a conspiracy.

The ultimate lesson is that, much like I was before the recent shootings, much of the public isn't informed about what an assualt rifle really is, and how useless a term "assault weapons is".

If we develop a society where there was less need for violence, i.e. one with less povetry, dependence on drugs and other addictions, there would be less violent crime in general, and there wouldn't be a need to focus on events that are largely out of the ordinary.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I'd put money on it not being an assault rifle, but an assault weapon i.e. a scary looking hunting rifle with a scary sounding name.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

This one seems to be a bit more personal, like more of a typical murder. Yeah that sounds heartless, but considering the charges given I'll wait for more info.

Sucks either way though. Kids 15 years old shouldn't have thoughts of killing people then be able to act on it. Seems to be a lot of factors.

It makes me wonder the kind of upbringing this kind of person must have had in order to believe killing 5 people solves anything.

Kanghaskhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kanghaskhan
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
dis is why they shuldnt make bullets so sharp. if they werent sharp they wouldnt hurt anywon
Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Hakumen21
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts
[QUOTE="Ace6301"] Also it was a semi-automatic AR-15, not an assault rifle.

As if this even matters. A gun is a gun. Anyways, I'm hesitant to even click the link.
Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

http://americangunfacts.com/

Ill just leave this here. all informations is sourced at the bottom of the page BTW.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

[QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]Yeah, because the same thing couldn't have been done with a handgun or a knife...LJS9502_basic

I hear this a lot (particularly the knife thing), but I'm honestly curious - do teenagers really commit that many large-scale stabbing incidents, with high mortality rates?

It seems unlikely to me, if only because their arms would get kind of tired after the third or fourth victim. Not to mention the possibilty that a decently strong adult might stand a chance of defending themselves against a kid with a knife, or could at least run out of range of a knife, and so on.

Confirmation bias. Seeking out facts that support your case and ignoring everything else. BenedictArnold7

I don't think there is a government conspiracy that is causing these shootings. There is, however, a clear anti-2nd amendment agenda being pushed by the mainstream media.Laihendi

So...what should the media do instead? Should they just not make a big deal out of incidents where multiple people get murdered?

I mean, any murder of an innocent person is a bit of a tragedy, and large-scale ones sound like pretty big deals to me.
Provided that they don't give huge publicity to the murderers themselves, these are the sorts of crimes that absolutely should be in the public eye, because if they can be prevented, that would undoubtedly be a good thing.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50549 Posts

It's probably going to turn out the shooter is related to the victims given how they don't remark on it being a home invasion attempt. Also it was a semi-automatic AR-15, not an assault rifle. Also that's fvcking horrible. Ace6301

AR-15 is a assault rifle. These are also semi-automatic and it's the same thing as a regular handgun (not directly towards you, but in general).

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Imagine that....someone that wants to commit a crime finds a way to do so. In other news....the sun is hot.LJS9502_basic
I agree! People who really want to commit a crime are probably going to do so whether we try and stop them or not, so why even try, right?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Imagine that....someone that wants to commit a crime finds a way to do so. In other news....the sun is hot.PernicioEnigma
I agree! People who really want to commit a crime are probably going to do so whether we try and stop them or not, so why even try, right?

True story, I mean Murderers are going to Murder even though it's against the law, so why make it illegal? It's COMMON SENSE!!
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]It's probably going to turn out the shooter is related to the victims given how they don't remark on it being a home invasion attempt. Also it was a semi-automatic AR-15, not an assault rifle. Also that's fvcking horrible. Chutebox

AR-15 is a assault rifle. These are also semi-automatic and it's the same thing as a regular handgun (not directly towards you, but in general).

assault rifle = full auto

full auto = banned since '84

BlackHawk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BlackHawk340
Member since 2006 • 4418 Posts

Its that the media make a hero out of the shooters by putting them into a spotlight in sense of "understanding" them

they should not talk about the killer in the news 24/7 but about the victims.