greenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By greenson
Member since 2005 • 307 Posts

I have the thought that the love of anime has replaced the love of rock n roll music. If I ask someone, lets say twenty years younger than myself, who is your favorite rock band? I would get a lot of stares and "umms". If I ask what their favorite anime is, I will get a long list suitable for Santa Claus. If you go to a mall, you will find more anime/squishmallows/shinnichi stores, and no music stores. I know that how we listen to & buy music has changed in the past 30 years, but you also can get all your anime & anime paraphernalia online as well. Just a thought.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Yeah anime is everywhere, especially San Jose where I live.

A lot of people here have anime stickers and decal on their cars. We also get 2 anime conventions a year.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 MyCatIsMilk  Online
Member since 2022 • 1454 Posts

Odds are they have favorite rock bands because they have parents who typically pass on their musical tastes, but they probably don't care as much for it like their parents did or currently do. And with a twenty year age gap, that's pretty significant. Kiddo's today care about different things and use words flippantly that don't mean what they think they mean.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38699 Posts

@mycatismilk said:

Odds are they have favorite rock bands because they have parents who typically pass on their musical tastes, but they probably don't care as much for it like their parents did or currently do. And with a twenty year age gap, that's pretty significant. Kiddo's today care about different things and use words flippantly that don't mean what they think they mean.

Loading Video...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24003 Posts

And Rock and Roll replaced Jazz.

It is interesting to see where the future of culture goes.