And the box office weekend goes to....come on, you already know who won this one!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56089 Posts
  1. Avengers: Infinity War - $250,000,000 (new release)
  2. A Quiet Place - $10,650,000
  3. I Feel Pretty - $8,130,000
  4. Rampage(2018) - $7,105,000
  5. Black Panther - $4,381,000
  6. Super Troopers 2 - $3,600,000
  7. Truth or Dare - $3,210,000
  8. Blockers - $2,945,000
  9. Ready Player One - $2,435,000
  10. Traffik - $1,620,000

The Avengers: Infinity War making $250 million is so damn impressive, this movie truly lived to the hype we were set 10 years ago with Iron-Man movie that started it all. Some are saying it might even surpass Star Wars: Force Awakens/The Last Jedi and giving how badly TLJ was executed, this wouldn't surprise me. The movie was so freaking amazing, it's a 9/10 and I gotta go see it again sometimes this week.

Meanwhile Black Panther still in top 5 after 11 weeks, I'm more surprise it's still playing despite Infinity War is out already.

April 27-29 mojo's box office weekend

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

So to people who have watched Infinity War...I've watched all MCU movies except GOTG2, Thor Ragnarok and SM Homecoming. Do I need to watch those first or can I just watch Infinity War without missing much?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Damn, I was sure A Quiet Place was going to win. I'm shocked.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@speedfreak48t5p said:

I wanted Rampage to win :(

@korvus said:

So to people who have watched Infinity War...I've watched all MCU movies except GOTG2, Thor Ragnarok and SM Homecoming. Do I need to watch those first or can I just watch Infinity War without missing much?

You need to watch Thor: Ragnarok the most! GOTG2 & Homecoming adds little to the characters. Homecoming doesn't add anything to IW, GOTG2 doesn't add anything up to IW aside they have a new team to the Guardians but Thor: Ragnarok is the most important due to taking place after the events of Ragnarok movie so just Ragnarok needs to be watch before going to see IW.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

The real question is, does it shatter box office records?

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
@one_plum said:

The real question is, does it shatter box office records?

It did--Highest opening weekend ever with $250 mil, breaking the previous record holder Star Wars: The Force Awakens' $248 mil.

BTW: If you want to discuss the actual movie, please use the sticky. Thanks!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@davillain- said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

I wanted Rampage to win :(

@korvus said:

You need to watch Thor: Ragnarok the most! GOTG2 & Homecoming adds little to the characters. Homecoming doesn't add anything to IW, GOTG2 doesn't add anything up to IW aside they have a new team to the Guardians but Thor: Ragnarok is the most important due to taking place after the events of Ragnarok movie so just Ragnarok needs to be watch before going to see IW.

Thor Ragnarok is sort of a must to watch before Infinity War. Dunno about SpiderMan homecoming, I haven't seen it. GOTG2... Meh. No need.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts
@horgen said:
@davillain- said:

Thor Ragnarok is sort of a must to watch before Infinity War. Dunno about SpiderMan homecoming, I haven't seen it. GOTG2... Meh. No need.

Thanks guys :D

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@korvus said:
@horgen said:
@davillain- said:

Thanks guys :D

I'd watch all of them beforehand. IW picks up right after the end of Ragnarok, Mantis is introduced in GotG2, and Homecoming is just fun.

-Byshop

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

Final weekend totals came in--looks like it pulled in MORE than Sunday's estimate with $258 million--10 mil more than The Force Awakens did it's opening weekend.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@hallenbeck77 said:

Final weekend totals came in--looks like it pulled in MORE than Sunday's estimate with $258 million--10 mil more than The Force Awakens did it's opening weekend.

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ All-Time Opening Record Even Higher With $258M+ Domestic, $640M+ WW – Update

Even more impressive, MCU is well a better film then the current Star Wars films as it stands. $640 million WW is a huge hit for a Marvel film.

DC could make a killing out of this if they know what the hell there doing lol.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@davillain- said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ All-Time Opening Record Even Higher With $258M+ Domestic, $640M+ WW – Update

Even more impressive, MCU is well a better film then the current Star Wars films as it stands. $640 million WW is a huge hit for a Marvel film.

DC could make a killing out of this if they know what the hell there doing lol.

You know that over on the Warner Bros lot they are seething right now. They have what is arguably the comics industry's most iconic characters, but just can't get it together for their version of an cinematic universe. They made some solid money, but still nowhere near the bank Marvel had done. Instead they made some of the most polarizing movies ever for comic book fans.

A scene from their boardroom this morning.