Americans of OT, what is the line that would need to be crossed...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

for you to take up arms and fight against your government?

As I understand it, the second amendment was made for this purpose, so I got curious and wanted to know what it would take for the average American to actually take up arms and fight against their government.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Right winger types have been willing since they put a black man in office and are just itching to go to war against the government. If trump doesn't win they say they are starting a race war/revolution on day one but in the back of their heads they probably know better. For the other half of us that are normal we have no serious intention of ever fighting a war against the government and laugh at such ridiculous things our uneducated friends of the rural areas come up with.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Our right to peaceful protest largely keeps this sort of thing from being necessary.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

When we no longer have any free choice.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

@mark1974 said:

Right winger types have been willing since they put a black man in office and are just itching to go to war against the government. If trump doesn't win they say they are starting a race war/revolution on day one but in the back of their heads they probably know better. For the other half of us that are normal we have no serious intention of ever fighting a war against the government and laugh at such ridiculous things our uneducated friends of the rural areas come up with.

Don't worry, Donald trump will win

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@GhostHawk196:

What makes you think Trump will win, especially after he loses again in the next debate? He won't win. Maybe you think the Russians can rig the election.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@GhostHawk196:

What makes you think Trump will win, especially after he loses again in the next debate? He won't win. Maybe you think the Russians can rig the election.

Honestly I'm not sure who would win but I certainly hope it is trump not shillary. It is a choice between the lesser of two evils and trump happens to be the lesser. The Clinton's are the biggest parasites of the country...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

Our right to peaceful protest largely keeps this sort of thing from being necessary.

this would be the line, for me, that would need to be crossed.

when the government starts suppressing that right, to a severe extent, then I will worry.

When they start Gestapo tactics, then it might be time to get unruly.

@mark1974 said:

Pretty much this. There are so many safeguards, checks, and other things I don't think it would ever happen with things in the current state.

Plus people are convinced the president is this all-powerful being that will suddenly make things communist/fascist/whatever; he or she is not. Honestly I don't think there are even enough people in the government at any one time that would support the kind of activities that would warrant armed rebellion.

That, and I don't think the military would act on those orders.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

I'd say if largely peaceful demonstrations frequently get broken up by authorities violently (or with disproportionately extreme measures) with either indifference from or support from the government, that would be a good indicator of when a line has been crossed. Still, there may other factors to consider as well.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I would just point to history. There were a lot of politically motivated "gangs" during the colonial period like the Sons of Liberty. But for all the talk and discontent, there was no actual movement until the government agents openly massacred citizens in the street for nothing more than protesting. I think that would be the line. Thing about it is that these days it would spread like wildfire thanks to the internet.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

When our government begins massacring civilian without a reason or cause, take away our right to voice our opinions, and/or we are no longer allowed to have privacy from the government even in the confines of our personal property, then I think it would be time for a revolution....

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I'm wondering the opposite. When will my fellow Americans start to realize, guns are usually bad news and cause more harm than good. Then I see all the accidental deaths, mass shootings, suicides, and gun homicides and see a lot of us go more psycho than a dog infected with rabies, over the mere mention of gun control.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

it would be impossible, without some sort of rigging, to go from leading every poll a month out, to losing the election. The only question going into November 8th, do we know Hillary wins before the California polls close(2008), or does the media keep us up until 11pm despite being a bloodbath(2012)?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

IDK, nothing on the radar in our current situation comes close to making me want to 'bear arms' and take to the street. I'd hate to know that feeling where I finally felt it one day...seems scary.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

I await only the signal from my handlers in the Kremlin.

:-P

Actually, I shouldn't joke like that. This thread is probably being monitored by NSA personnel, who may take a remark like that seriously!

:-O

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#16  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I never want to physicaly hurt another person but I guess the point would be when I felt my personal freedom/ safety was being harmed or threatened severely

That being said I don't want to hurt anyone right now. I mean Trump can **** off but I don't want to hurt anyone.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

I'm wondering the opposite. When will my fellow Americans start to realize, guns are usually bad news and cause more harm than good. Then I see all the accidental deaths, mass shootings, suicides, and gun homicides and see a lot of us go more psycho than a dog infected with rabies, over the mere mention of gun control.

i think the left is too afraid of guns and the right is too afraid of gun control. There's a lot of reasonable things we could do to curb the illegal sale of arms. There's a lot of guns in Canada and they don't go around killing each other like we do. But it's easy to blame guns, because solving the social-economic inequalities that effect americans of all colors, cutting off opportunities and piling on stress, thereby creating an impetus to kill, is a lot harder to solve.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

If everyone else was doing it.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I don't know- I don't drive a pickup truck with confederate flags on it and live in Alabama so I guess Im pretty happy and don't see myself revolting any time soon

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

If the Constitution were ignored or done out with altogether and totalitarianism came to pass.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@joehult said:

it would be impossible, without some sort of rigging, to go from leading every poll a month out, to losing the election. The only question going into November 8th, do we know Hillary wins before the California polls close(2008), or does the media keep us up until 11pm despite being a bloodbath(2012)?

Bush-Kerry ring a bell?

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

If the line is crossed slow enough then the population would not notice.

smurfXYZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By smurfXYZ
Member since 2016 • 74 Posts

if I see someone up in arms I turn around and walk the other way, regardless if its the goverment or citizens

its funny how much money they make by keeping you afraid of the people you yourself have elected into goverment ....

addvertisment strategies are so awesome + all these zombie movies, damn ... qu3st tion of brainwash

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

No need to worry about that since 95% of the military will be with their friends and neighbours, not against them. Hollywood is not reality.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mark1974

@superkooter said:
@mark1974 said:

Sorry it's the left and the blacklviesmatter types that have been the violent ones.

I didn't say the right wingers were violent, I said they are delusional and are blowhards. I don't believe they would actually do any of the crazy shit they talk about. They like to play pretend. Prepping for the zombie apocalypse and whatnot.

You sound like the kind I was talking about:

@superkooter said:

Taking my gun, giving amnesty to illegals and probably some sort of anti-white laws like the school busing nonsense in the 70s.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HoolaHoopMan

@superkooter said:
@deeliman said:

As I understand it, the second amendment was made for this purpose, so I got curious and wanted to know what it would take for the average American to actually take up arms and fight against their government.

Taking my gun, giving amnesty to illegals and probably some sort of anti-white laws like the school busing nonsense in the 70s.

Go back to stormfront.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

The second amendment has absolutely nothing to do with fighting the government. Only lunatics really believe nonsense like that. It's nonsense pushed by the gun lobby that gullible fools absorb like sponges. States were given the right to form militias by the federal government because it was the most efficient way to quickly and cost-effectively form a fighting force should the federal government need one. There are plenty of examples of this throughout history, namely the many rebellions that were quashed by the federal government calling upon state militias as fighting forces.

The most popular was the whiskey rebellion. George Washington took 13,000 militiamen from pa, nj, va, and md to quash the armed rebellion.

Gun owning Americans, despite their ridiculous delusions would never stand a chance against the most powerful military known to man. The only way to effectively resist evil in government it to vote.

I agree with you up until the last sentence. We're a Republic. We vote for politicians that we think would make the right decisions for us. There is nothing stopping them from turning against us.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mark1974

@TheMadGamer said:

It's interesting, if Trump loses, and he most likely will, I wonder if he will tell his supporters to openly revolt against the government. Especially since he's talking about a global conspiracy against him (with the government involved) which is complete BS. But if he did do that I'm pretty sure it would be considered an act of sedition and he'd be going directly to jail (do not collect $200). Am I correct in this?

When he loses, and he most definitely will, at least a few of his supporters are going to do something crazy. They are unhinged zealot extremists, how could they not? And when that happens I sure hope they charge Trump for inciting violence. Obviously I hope we have a peaceful election but when I look at those people, and many truly are hardcore deplorables, it's hard to imagine something not going down. Can you imagine Trump giving a respectful concession speech? I think not.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@mark1974 said:
@TheMadGamer said:

It's interesting, if Trump loses, and he most likely will, I wonder if he will tell his supporters to openly revolt against the government. Especially since he's talking about a global conspiracy against him (with the government involved) which is complete BS. But if he did do that I'm pretty sure it would be considered an act of sedition and he'd be going directly to jail (do not collect $200). Am I correct in this?

When he loses, and he most definitely will, at least a few of his supporters are going to do something crazy. They are unhinged zealot extremists, how could they not? And when that happens I sure hope they charge Trump for inciting violence. Obviously I hope we have a peaceful election but when I look at those people, and many truly are hardcore deplorables, it's hard to imagine something not going down. Can you imagine Trump giving a respectful concession speech? I think not.

Yeah, I am definitely expecting to see a spike in domestic terrorism. I imagine some will even masquerade as Muslims lol, kind of a false flag domestic terrorism "Ooooooh see, Trump should have won, he would of taken care of us, because I am definitely not a white trash domestic terrorist, but a dirty muslim he all warned you about *wink wink*"

I mean this people are already punching people at rallies, and they're convinced they will win. Imagine how they will respond when they lose!

But you know, anything to make America great again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It would take a lot. Like complete revocation of our rights.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#36  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@GhostHawk196:

Honestly I'm not sure who would win but I certainly hope it is trump not shillary. It is a choice between the lesser of two evils and trump happens to be the lesser. The Clinton's are the biggest parasites of the country...

Trump is so evil, he makes Hillary look good. She's lucky to be up against a racist, misogynistic, rapey scumbag like that. She's guaranteed to win most of the minority and female votes, giving her the majority she needs to become president.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mark1974

I am glad that, at the very least, supporters are beginning to call Trump the lesser of two evils instead of cheering him and buying into his bullshit about making America great again and treating this scumbag like a hero. That is progress as far as I'm concerned. Maybe those deplorables aren't irredeemable after all. One can hope.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HoolaHoopMan

@superkooter said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@superkooter said:
@deeliman said:

Go back to stormfront.

The left is always devoid of common sense and arguments.

Honest to god, don't kill yourself when Hillary wins.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

@JimB said:

Look at your sentence, look at the elections, look at your sentence again.... Do you?????

btw

if i was an american... id do that long time ago, to prevent crime of your government in middle east. nd the rest of the world....

WW3rd is surely coming. A big event, tho your country already does its best to kill people. and mess up the world. ( for $$)

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JimB

@Matthew-first said:
@JimB said:

Look at your sentence, look at the elections, look at your sentence again.... Do you?????

btw

if i was an american... id do that long time ago, to prevent crime of your government in middle east. nd the rest of the world....

WW3rd is surely coming. A big event, tho your country already does its best to kill people. and mess up the world. ( for $$)

We have freed more people in the world than any other country. when ever the is a major problem in the world the other countries look to the US for wealth and our citizens to bail you out with the blood of our military. It is time for the rest of the world to step up instead of giving lip service.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JimB

@Jag85 said:
@GhostHawk196 said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@GhostHawk196:

Trump is so evil, he makes Hillary look good. She's lucky to be up against a racist, misogynistic, rapey scumbag like that. She's guaranteed to win most of the minority and female votes, giving her the majority she needs to become president.

You don't know what evil is apparently. The things Trump is accused of doing Hillary and company have actually committed. If Hillry is elected you will see first hand what evil is really.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#42  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@GhostHawk196: You really think a man who believes he can grope and molest women because he's famous and was on TV is the lesser of two evils? Jesus, you need to be a troll.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@superkooter:

He didn't win in a landslide, I believe she won the popular vote. In other words, MORE people voted for her than him!

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

@deeliman: That line get crossed because the moment things look their worst, some foreign entity will jump on in on any side that there might be and reunite the country again.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#46 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Old thread is old.