American teenagers are not so friendly

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zeuxo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zeuxo
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts
I am a french Canadian. So I was playing cod4 on xbox live today, since I have an accent, they know I am not from the U.S. One kid said to me "I bought this game to shoot terrorist not to play with them" and another guy started laughing and asked me seriously why did I blow up WTC in 911, where am I hiding Bin laden and all this crap. There would 3 or 4 people in every room that hates me. They talk **** about people from every other country except U.S and let alone different race.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Shouldn't this belong in the Xbox forums?

EDIT: If i were, I would just ignore them. Little kids on Xbox Live. Don't let the little kids get to you!

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
Yay for generalisation! :|
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
We're the ****ing nicest bastards on the planet, and don't you DARE go forgetting it.:x
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Its Xbox live, what did you expect?
battousai188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 battousai188
Member since 2004 • 2075 Posts
Don't take the words of some 14 year old punks so seriously espescially online.. Ive been online and have talked to some pretty crude people from other countries too, you cant generalize a whole country's population based on smack talk on an online FPS.
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts
Yay for generalisation! :|Funky_Llama
Nobody would shout that if this was positive. Yay for double standards! :|.
Solid_Snak3Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Solid_Snak3Xx
Member since 2008 • 413 Posts
I disagree, Americans are very friendly europeans in the other hand.. well not so friendly =( Just because some 11 year old kid made you have a bad time doesnt mean that all americans will, most of them are open to other cultures, languages traditions etc :D
Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts
You were playing xbox live. Americans on xbox live are asshats, to say the least. I would use harsher terms, but I'd get modded. There are some friendly ones out there, but they get overshadowed by the douchebags.
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
LOL. Your playing on xbox live. Half of the people I play with are dirtbags.
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Luncbox1
Member since 2006 • 4543 Posts
On my vacation to Florida I noticed many people were fairly rude to me, but I don't think it's fair of you to generalize like that.
battousai188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 battousai188

We're the ****ing nicest bastards on the planet, and don't you DARE go forgetting it.Theokhoth

You forgot to mention that if they forget Uncle Sam will put his size 12s up their asses.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
LRN 2 Mute?...
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]Yay for generalisation! :|nickyb628

I don't get it. >__>
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts

I am a french Canadian. So I was playing cod4 on xbox live today, since I have an accent, they know I am not from the U.S. One kid said to me "I bought this game to shoot terrorist not to play with them" and another guy started laughing and asked me seriously why did I blow up WTC in 911, where am I hiding Bin laden and all this crap. There would 3 or 4 people in every room that hates me. They talk **** about people from every other country except U.S and let alone different race.Zeuxo
This thread is being pretty unfriendly, and thanks to you, I now have a very lowly opinion of all French Canadians.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

Don't take the words of some 14 year old punks so seriously espescially online.. Ive been online and have talked to some pretty crude people from other countries too, you cant generalize a whole country's population based on smack talk on an online FPS.battousai188

Yes. I could say some unpleasant things about the way some adult French people I've met have acted, if it really came to it. But I know that not all French people are that way. Poster: maybe you should meet some more people from the USA before you make broad, sweeping generalizations. And I mean that in a nice way. Btw, Canada is in America, so you are also American.

Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Luncbox1

[QUOTE="Zeuxo"]I am a french Canadian. So I was playing cod4 on xbox live today, since I have an accent, they know I am not from the U.S. One kid said to me "I bought this game to shoot terrorist not to play with them" and another guy started laughing and asked me seriously why did I blow up WTC in 911, where am I hiding Bin laden and all this crap. There would 3 or 4 people in every room that hates me. They talk **** about people from every other country except U.S and let alone different race.Greatgone12

This thread is being pretty unfriendly, and thanks to you, I now have a very lowly opinion of all French Canadians.

:lol:
CHOOSE_A_BOOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CHOOSE_A_BOOK
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
Epic phail.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
i saw the words xbox live then stopped
maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 maccer101
Member since 2005 • 4257 Posts
On my vacation to Florida I noticed many people were fairly rude to me, but I don't think it's fair of you to generalize like that. Luncbox1
im goin there soon, not really lookin forward to it, but I'll just be rude back
the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts
Don't be so sensitive.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
3 people do not a country make.
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#24 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
It's Live, you have to expect it. Although I, too, have noticed a majority of racism on Live is 90% COD4. Sad that the little children think they're God's gift to the world and they can be as disgusting as they want to anyone. I think they need an old Dead Rising trick: frying pan sitting on the hot stove.. Need I say more?
GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
there is worse... freakin russians/germans micspamming and calling everyone dumb americans on team fortress 2 (ON PC!!) but i just said i wasnt american... im portuguese
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeuxo"]I am a french Canadian. So I was playing cod4 on xbox live today, since I have an accent, they know I am not from the U.S. One kid said to me "I bought this game to shoot terrorist not to play with them" and another guy started laughing and asked me seriously why did I blow up WTC in 911, where am I hiding Bin laden and all this crap. There would 3 or 4 people in every room that hates me. They talk **** about people from every other country except U.S and let alone different race.Greatgone12

hehe. :lol:
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

It's Live, you have to expect it. Although I, too, have noticed a majority of racism on Live is 90% COD4. Sad that the little children think they're God's gift to the world and they can be as disgusting as they want to anyone. I think they need an old Dead Rising trick: frying pan sitting on the hot stove.. Need I say more?aryoshi

Yeah, that's a good point. It's funny or sad, depending upon how you look at it. People think they can get away with all kinds of stuff on the interwebz because there is a certain amount of anonymity. Youtube comments are some of the more overtly racist and ignorant I've ever read on the net.

Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts
It's Live, you have to expect it. Although I, too, have noticed a majority of racism on Live is 90% COD4. Sad that the little children think they're God's gift to the world and they can be as disgusting as they want to anyone. I think they need an old Dead Rising trick: frying pan sitting on the hot stove.. Need I say more?aryoshi
What I've always dreamed of is an elite special forces that break anyone's console that does these kinds of things, breaking in and destroying the console and if needed, arrest the individual so he'll never do that again. One can only dream. :(
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Luncbox1
[QUOTE="aryoshi"]It's Live, you have to expect it. Although I, too, have noticed a majority of racism on Live is 90% COD4. Sad that the little children think they're God's gift to the world and they can be as disgusting as they want to anyone. I think they need an old Dead Rising trick: frying pan sitting on the hot stove.. Need I say more?the_foreign_guy
What I've always dreamed of is an elite special forces that break anyone's console that does these kinds of things, breaking in and destroying the console and if needed, arrest the individual so he'll never do that again. One can only dream. :(

Like if someone receives a certain number of negative feedbacks, their console berates them for a few minutes and then self-destructs :lol:
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
and thats xbox live for ya.
ferron321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ferron321
Member since 2004 • 3078 Posts
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]Yay for generalisation! :|nickyb628

Good call
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nickyb628
[QUOTE="nickyb628"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]Yay for generalisation! :|Funky_Llama

I don't get it. >__>

If somebody posted a topic saying "American teenagers are extremely friendly" I doubt anybody would say yay for generalizations because it's positive. Once someone says something negative, all of the sudden it becomes generalizing. Either way, it's making a generalization.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Correction:

All teenagers are not so friendly

:P

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Xbox live is kind of a breeding ground for 12 year olds to make eachother cry. You just got caught in one of their idiotic rampages. Ignore them, it's all you can do.
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Luncbox1
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="nickyb628"] Nobody would shout that if this was positive. Yay for double standards! :|.nickyb628
I don't get it. >__>

If somebody posted a topic saying "American teenagers are extremely friendly" I doubt anybody would say yay for generalizations because it's positive. Once someone says something negative, all of the sudden it becomes generalizing. Either way, it's making a generalization.

People may not get upset at positive generalizations, but they certainly wouldn't think they're true. Negative generalizations are kind of like an insult. Positive generalizations are more like... an ignorant compliment :P
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nickyb628
[QUOTE="nickyb628"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]I don't get it. >__>Luncbox1

People may not get upset at positive generalizations, but they certainly wouldn't think they're true. Negative generalizations are kind of like an insult. Positive generalizations are more like... an ignorant comment :P

I know, but it's probably very rare that people look at a positive generalization as "an ignorant comment".
battousai188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 battousai188
So are the people in Canada, I went there a few years ago and got called a dirty yank, and hey your the american who lives in a broken country!? But I know that is just a few people because I also met alot of friendly people.. Dont generalize a group of people so much espescially on Xbox live, its internet smack talk man...
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Luncbox1
[QUOTE="nickyb628"][QUOTE="Luncbox1"][QUOTE="nickyb628"] If somebody posted a topic saying "American teenagers are extremely friendly" I doubt anybody would say yay for generalizations because it's positive. Once someone says something negative, all of the sudden it becomes generalizing. Either way, it's making a generalization.

People may not get upset at positive generalizations, but they certainly wouldn't think they're true. Negative generalizations are kind of like an insult. Positive generalizations are more like... an ignorant comment :P

I know, but it's probably very rare that people look at a positive generalization as "an ignorant comment".

However, positive generalizations are often not meant to be taken literally. When someone says "All greek people are so good at cooking food!" they really mean "I had some good food on my vacation in Greece. And that's all they mean, and that's what they expect you to understand.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
**** right you little sack of ****. **** you and your ******* friends *****. Heh, I kid :D. Seriously, I think there are a lot of idiots in America, lol (well, we did elect George W. Bush... twice).
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts

[QUOTE="aryoshi"]It's Live, you have to expect it. Although I, too, have noticed a majority of racism on Live is 90% COD4. Sad that the little children think they're God's gift to the world and they can be as disgusting as they want to anyone. I think they need an old Dead Rising trick: frying pan sitting on the hot stove.. Need I say more?StrawberryHill

Yeah, that's a good point. It's funny or sad, depending upon how you look at it. People think they can get away with all kinds of stuff on the interwebz because there is a certain amount of anonymity. Youtube comments are some of the more overtly racist and ignorant I've ever read on the net.

Tell me about it. I post a How To video and people flame me. I'm just trying to help you don't need to be rude.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
there immature little kids who like to act tough online....thats why im glad some games have the mute button
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nickyb628
[QUOTE="Luncbox1"][QUOTE="nickyb628"][QUOTE="Luncbox1"] People may not get upset at positive generalizations, but they certainly wouldn't think they're true. Negative generalizations are kind of like an insult. Positive generalizations are more like... an ignorant comment :P

However, positive generalizations are often not meant to be taken literally. When someone says "All greek people are so good at cooking food!" they really mean "I had some good food on my vacation in Greece. And that's all they mean, and that's what they expect you to understand.

Yes, which brings me back to my original statement about double standards :).
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
I have had the exact same problem on LIVE, only it was with the British or other Europeans...very rude people.
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#45 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
Not gonna lie, we are a bunch of a**holes. Some of us are nice, but for the most part, don't count on it.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I'ld just use it as an opertunity to take the piss out of Americans personally
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 Darth_Tyrev
Member since 2005 • 7072 Posts
I've had English kids swear up a storm to me and others for no reason over Live, does that mean all the kids from England are jerks?
Zeuxo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zeuxo
there immature little kids who like to act tough online....thats why im glad some games have the mute buttonmlbslugger86
NOt all of them are little kids. Half of them are adults who act like kids.
Zeuxo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zeuxo
Not gonna lie, we are a bunch of a**holes. Some of us are nice, but for the most part, don't count on it.Shiggums
Atleast someone is being honest
GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 GameFreak315
Member since 2003 • 28485 Posts
You're right, I dispise every single one of us.