This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I have been looking at the Star Trek communicator blue tooth from TNG on amazon. I asked a question is £61.80 worth it as I dont no official price. Seller deleted my question and put the price up to £77.80. Do you really think I'm going to buy it now you put price up £16 lol.

Has any one tried this star trek communicator. I no some of the reviews are mixed from excellent to bad but wondered about the price too. Was that a stupid question to ask on amazon or was a legit question as I thought it was.

Artzcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Artzcop
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

@skipper847: Maybe it had been wrongly priced

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14799 Posts

The question you asked was close to asking the seller if he was ripping people off. I can understand why he deleted your question. Maybe he fudged up and realized that he was underselling. Can't you check retailer chains and see how much they're selling it for?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@SOedipus said:

The question you asked was close to asking the seller if he was ripping people off. I can understand why he deleted your question. Maybe he fudged up and realized that he was underselling. Can't you check retailer chains and see how much they're selling it for?

So much this.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@skipper847 said:

I have been looking at the Star Trek communicator blue tooth from TNG on amazon. I asked a question is £61.80 worth it as I dont no official price. Seller deleted my question and put the price up to £77.80. Do you really think I'm going to buy it now you put price up £16 lol.

Has any one tried this star trek communicator. I no some of the reviews are mixed from excellent to bad but wondered about the price too. Was that a stupid question to ask on amazon or was a legit question as I thought it was.

Had you posted this was about the Star Trek Communicator I would have replied earlier.

The question was a bit adversarial so I can understand why it was deleted. As for the Communicator itself, what do you plan on using it for? It's a novelty toy, not a serious communication device. Yes, it technically does everything that it says it does but if you're picturing walking around and answer calls by tapping your chest like on the show then you're better off just getting a decent Bluetooth headset.

The original site that sells them is ThinkGeek and they go for $80 USD. I got one for my wife for Christmas or a birthday (I forget which).

-Byshop