Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

CGI Fest. Don't like. Green Goblin looks decent.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

Movie looks like a cartoon. Especially that 100% CGI bit at the end.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I didn't see anything that would have me hyped but I do want to see this.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

I'm going in with low expectations... Seems like there's way too many baddies. Too reminiscent of the last spiderman that had Venom in it.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Well that trailer impressed me, looks so much better then the first weak one. I will definitely go see it.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

Looks kinda convoluted. I still haven't seen the first one because none of the actors look remotely like their roles.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I'm looking forward to it. At the 1:14 mark you can see Vulture's wings and Doc Ock's arms. Looks like Sinister Six will be making an appearance in a future film I hope.

@solidruss said:

I'm going in with low expectations... Seems like there's way too many baddies. Too reminiscent of the last spiderman that had Venom in it.

Too many baddies wasn't the main issue with Spider-Man 3.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

While I liked the first Amazing Spider-Man, this sequel looks very cliche so far, judging by the trailers... which is kind of disappointing, considering how Spider-Man 2 (2004) was my favourite movie in the franchise... I hope the movie itself has a lot more substance than what that trailer seems to imply.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

It may be too much, or just enough. Not going to suffer the crowds to go see it opening night, maybe not for the first couple of weeks, but I will see it. As I see every other superhero flick.

Mulligan1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mulligan1982
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

LOVE it! :)
the fight at the end is awesome and rhino make a good impression after the first doubt

Otomo1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Otomo1979
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

90% is cgi, but anyway the trailer looks absolutely awesome! Can't wait to see it

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

The first movie was bad but at least this one looks better. Although the CGI looks bad.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

As others have mentioned the cgi is a bit cartoonish but it still looked nice.

We'll see how this turns out.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

hasn't putting too many villains together in a past been a bad idea? It messes up the character development pace.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

I am definitely not feeling what Harry Osborn looks like. Why does he look like he belongs in an emo rock band?

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sammyjenkis898

Rhino is only supposed to be in it for a couple of minutes, I believe. The opening battle and that's that. Just a small introduction, then move on to who I assume is the central villain (Electro) and some little side villain (Goblin).

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Rhino is only supposed to be in it for a couple of minutes, I believe. The opening battle and that's that. Just a small introduction, then move on to who I assume is the central villain (Electro) and some little side villain (Goblin).

That's it? Then why hire a big name actor like Paul Giamatti for what could be nothing more than just a cameo? That's kinda disappointing.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sammyjenkis898

@hallenbeck77 said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

That's it? Then why hire a big name actor like Paul Giamatti for what could be nothing more than just a cameo? That's kinda disappointing.

I'm assuming they're saving him for the sinister six, which will probably happen.. during the next film? Probably just wanted to get him out of the way so it doesn't seem as rushed later one.

But it still looks rushed.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@sammyjenkis898 said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

I'm assuming they're saving him for the sinister six, which will probably happen.. during the next film? Probably just wanted to get him out of the way so it doesn't seem as rushed later one.

If they do that, it will most likely benefit the movie in a huge way. Like everyone else has mentioned, too many villains in one movie make the movie suffer. I would much rather they introduce a character and hold him off for something bigger in the next movie instead of just putting them there already with the Sinister 6 already together plotting to destroy Spidey.

@hallenbeck77 said:

I am definitely not feeling what Harry Osborn looks like. Why does he look like he belongs in an emo rock band?

I agree with this, haha. They might be trying to appeal to the younger audience which are into the whole emo or semi goth look, or maybe it could be because his dad is dying and he's just became "that guy". I can't wait to see the movie.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@sammyjenkis898 said:

It seems like Sony, Fox, and Warner Bros. are trying to play catch-up with their own comic book movie franchises by putting in every character they possibly can after seeing the success Marvel Studios had with The Avengers.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

Looks like there's too many things happening in that trailer, and I don't mean that in a positive way.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Don't get much of it in the trailer, but of what he do get, Dane DeHaan's line delivery is fucking terrible.

As someone who really enjoyed the first (more than the previous three) I have to say this doesn't have me too excited. Way too much going on.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

It looks certainly better than the first Amazing Spiderman. I will certainly be going to see this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

At least the Spidey Suit is not a travesty this time.

Other than that, looks sh!t

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

There's too much stuff going on, but I'm still going to watch it since I'm a Spider-Man fan.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Well, that trailer has my expectations for this sequel set to low.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Stop bitching about CGI, look at Man of Steel or Iron Man 3 CGI, it was very horrible CGI

Also, they have next 6 month to work with CGI, they said that its unfinished CGI and CGI scenes are very early scenes in TRAILER

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FreedomFreeLife

@one_plum said:

Looks like there's too many things happening in that trailer, and I don't mean that in a positive way.

Well hows that a bad thing? ITS A GOOD THING.

Shitty movies is not going on nothing, good movies has so many things happening

So, you rather watch movie that has nothing going on than a movie that has a lot of things?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Harry always had a screw loose, check out The Amazing Spiderman 96 - 98, the famous drug issues. And his jealousy of Parker and MJ was insane, long before Parker was as interested in MJ as she was of him (he was in love with Gwen until she died). He landed in a mental institution. Still, I liked James Franco as Harry.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

LOL all I see in this thread is complaining. I'm gonna watch it for sure.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@one_plum said:

So, you rather watch movie that has nothing going on than a movie that has a lot of things?

Isn't that one of the reasons people hated SpiderMan 3? Trying to cram too many things in one movie.

The trailer seemed like it was trying to give us a preview of a story, but I can't connect the dots (possibly intentional on their part). All I can remember from that trailer was action and CGI (I'm aware that action will be one of the selling points).

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Stop bitching about CGI, look at Man of Steel or Iron Man 3 CGI, it was very horrible CGI

Man of Steel CGI was ok.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Also, they have next 6 month to work with CGI, they said that its unfinished CGI and CGI scenes are very early scenes in TRAILER

Man you most be knew to this movie thing, don't go for the "but teh CGI is unfinished". It never works. You are just setting yourself for disappointment.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Looks sweet.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@Master_Live said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Man of Steel CGI was ok.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Man you most be knew to this movie thing, don't go for the "but teh CGI is unfinished". It never works. You are just setting yourself for disappointment.

Man of Steel CGI was like VIDEO GAME

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FreedomFreeLife

@JustSignedUp said:

ha this spiderman series is such shit.

tobey maguire fits spiderman way more than andrew, its 1000% in the voice and andrews sounds like he's reading in this trailer. harry osborn is a weak little emo nerd, aunt may looks how a woman does in real life does. i swear to god, walk into any house right now and youll see aunt may.

norman osborn is dying in the hospital and isnt unique like william de foe, this series is GARBAGE YO!!!

Clearly you hater. Most people say that Andrew is better. He also looks like teenager, acts more real(like in comics). TOBEY WHINE AND CRIES ABOUT EVERYTHING!!! WE DONT NEED CRYING GIRL FOR SPIDER-MAN

Harry Osborn weak? Yet he took Goblin serium to kill his best friend. Also, you clearly have no idea who is EMO.

You should know that EMO hair is black and very long, not short.

CLEARLY, HATER AND TROLL IS TROLL

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FreedomFreeLife

@JustSignedUp said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@JustSignedUp said:

ha this spiderman series is such shit.

tobey maguire fits spiderman way more than andrew, its 1000% in the voice and andrews sounds like he's reading in this trailer. harry osborn is a weak little emo nerd, aunt may looks how a woman does in real life does. i swear to god, walk into any house right now and youll see aunt may.

norman osborn is dying in the hospital and isnt unique like william de foe, this series is GARBAGE YO!!!

Clearly you hater. Most people say that Andrew is better. He also looks like teenager, acts more real(like in comics). TOBEY WHINE AND CRIES ABOUT EVERYTHING!!! WE DONT NEED CRYING GIRL FOR SPIDER-MAN

Harry Osborn weak? Yet he took Goblin serium to kill his best friend. Also, you clearly have no idea who is EMO.

You should know that EMO hair is black and very long, not short.

CLEARLY, HATER AND TROLL IS TROLL

tobey maguire is one of the most underated actors EVER kid. hes on the same tier level as leonardo decaprio. andrew garfield isnt unique at all, tobey maguire is 1 of a kind (just like james franco, william defoe, kirsten dunsts) and u cant even see it BRO.

hahaha troll. Just ignored you and muted. FREAK

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

I was gonna mention this as well... Looks terrible. As for the rest of it, I dunno... not overly interested, maybe I'll see it... havent seen the other one yet though

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

It looks fun, but it definitely seems like there's way too many villains.

I actually think the casting is way better for this franchise than the last one. Toby and James just seem so laughably miscast now. JJJ will forever be perfect though.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@one_plum said:

That is such a juvenile, uninformed, and asinine way of interpreting things, it's almost funny. Are you actually 8 years old? You seem to think like an 8-year-old.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@Big_Pecks said:

It looks fun, but it definitely seems like there's way too many villains.

I actually think the casting is way better for this franchise than the last one. Toby and James just seem so laughably miscast now. JJJ will forever be perfect though.

Dude. So. Much. Yes. J.K. Simmons as Jameson was seriously one of the greatest casting choices in the history of film. There is not a person on the planet who could even think about playing Jameson better. It's one of those rare cases where the actor just naturally has the exact right look, attitude, and voice for a character that was created decades before they even started acting.

Also, completely off-topic, the J.K. in J.K. Simmons stands for John Kimble. As in, Detective John Kimble. Which makes me smile.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

I can't wait until spider movies rights goes back to marvel and they can actually make a good spiderman movies. this one looks worse than the first one.

I appreciate the spiderman movies with toby a little bit more now.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts

I hope it is good. I will go and see it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Too many enemies... in what? 2-3 hours.

No carnage yet

Rhino looks dumb.

CGI fest like others have said

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#47 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

This movie looks like it is making the same mistake of Spiderman 3....too many villians!

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Something about this series is just very bland. It's like they're just making the movie series just to keep the rights.....................

It does look better than the first though. Emo Harry Osborn is lame, and Norman seems like he is being wasted.

Anyone catch the Doc Ock Arms and Vulture Wings in the trailer? That was pretty cool.

I have a feeling Paul Giammatti as Rhino will be the best thing from this movie.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#49 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I think they're going the wrong route, spiderman should be cheesy as hell with lots of jokes. There wasn't any comedy in that trailer at all. The ending part of the trailer looked pretty terrible. I'm not excited for this at all.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

This trailer blew me away; the intensity intensified as the trailer trailed, culminating in a series of electrical bursts! Electro lit up the screen whenever he was on it, both figuratively and literally. The last bit where Electro strikes those column-like structures just before or just as Spidey lands on them is amazing and made me scream in excitement. Can't wait to see this.