Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9428 Posts

Source: https://www.al.com/politics/2020/02/state-reps-bill-would-force-men-to-get-vasectomies-at-50.html

The legislation by state Rep. Rolanda Hollis, D-Birmingham, says that a man will have to pay for the vasectomy “at his own expense."

Hollis said the bill is a response to last year’s abortion bill that passed the legislature and included a near-total ban on abortion.

“The vasectomy bill is to help with the reproductive system, and yes, it is to neutralize the abortion ban bill ... it always takes two to tango," she said. “We can’t put all the responsibility on women. Men need to be responsible also.”

I don't think this will pass, but I don't understand the point of this. How many guys 50 and over are fathering children?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41232 Posts

@dariency: OMFG! You are back!!! I thought you disappeared without a trace. I saw you're last note of leave but I never thought you would come back. Welcome back.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9428 Posts

@davillain- said:

@dariency: OMFG! You are back!!! I thought you disappeared without a trace. I saw you're last note of leave but I never thought you would come back. Welcome back.

That's been so long ago now, how time flies. I've posted in a couple of other threads, but this is pretty much the only board I check. Nice to see some of the old timers still around.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122523 Posts

I think 50 is to old. Should happen at 25.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41232 Posts

@horgen: I never consider 50 to be that old. Sure, it's the middle-age but far from old mind you. When I hear people are dead at the age of 60's that's still young, even my Dad who passed away at 69 is still young in my books.

I seen few who are in their 50's are still getting female's pregnant but even than, 50 is still a young age.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79943 Posts

That's just ridiculous. Let's hope Alabama doesn't spread.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122523 Posts

@davillain- said:

@horgen: I never consider 50 to be that old. Sure, it's the middle-age but far from old mind you. When I hear people are dead at the age of 60's that's still young, even my Dad who passed away at 69 is still young in my books.

I seen few who are in their 50's are still getting female's pregnant but even than, 50 is still a young age.

It's an appropriate response imo given what the ban abortion bill did.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By Jacanuk  Online
Member since 2011 • 20296 Posts

@dariency said:

Source: https://www.al.com/politics/2020/02/state-reps-bill-would-force-men-to-get-vasectomies-at-50.html

The legislation by state Rep. Rolanda Hollis, D-Birmingham, says that a man will have to pay for the vasectomy “at his own expense."

Hollis said the bill is a response to last year’s abortion bill that passed the legislature and included a near-total ban on abortion.

“The vasectomy bill is to help with the reproductive system, and yes, it is to neutralize the abortion ban bill ... it always takes two to tango," she said. “We can’t put all the responsibility on women. Men need to be responsible also.”

I don't think this will pass, but I don't understand the point of this. How many guys 50 and over are fathering children?

Of course, it will not pass and if it does it would be struck down in an instant by the courts.

But this is clearly a protest bill because she feels this is somehow in an opposite day world comparable to what she feels women are being subjected to.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46097 Posts

I think this is one of those "publicity stunt" bills to more or less draw attention to, troll, and otherwise make some sort of statement.

It won't pass.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3580 Posts

@dariency said:

Well Mick Jagger just had another kid. Actually happens with a lot of dudes that marry much younger women.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29157 Posts

@dariency:

@dariency said:

Leftist "genital mutilations" is LOL.

Pro-life's side is not even "genital mutilations".

Leftist hypocrites.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29157 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@dariency said:

Of course, it will not pass and if it does it would be struck down in an instant by the courts.

But this is clearly a protest bill because she feels this is somehow in an opposite day world comparable to what she feels women are being subjected to.

Rep. Rolanda Hollis's bill = "genital mutilations" which is no different from developing sh*thole countries

Pro-life's side = do nothing, let nature run its course.

My view, force the male partner to pay for abortions for their female partner. Taxpayers shouldn't pay for somebody's unprotected bedroom fun. Leftist taxpayers should have the option to pay into the abortion funds pool.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36332 Posts

@dariency said:

the stupid ones are..

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36332 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

I think this is one of those "publicity stunt" bills to more or less draw attention to, troll, and otherwise make some sort of statement.

It won't pass.

the same was said about their abortion ban bill.

yet here we are...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46097 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

It won't pass.

the same was said about their abortion ban bill.

yet here we are...

Yeah, it's hard to know where satire/publicity stunts/etc begins and ends these days; of course, the second you take them seriously, they pull the "Oh we are just joking HAHAHA can't you take a joke? Lighten up" card.

And, as you said, an amount of time goes by and "here we are".