This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrettEastman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 BrettEastman
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
so who here is in the air force or is thinking about joining the air force if you are thinking of joining this is a good place to ask questions!!
aces_are_high

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 aces_are_high
Member since 2006 • 5235 Posts
they didn't let me...:cry:
jrnhanie0310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jrnhanie0310
Member since 2006 • 15177 Posts
well i wanted to join the Air Force before.. but i'm gonna join the Army..
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Ex US Army....... Air Force is a good branch for college kids..... :| Well, that's the only positive thing I can think of for the moment :)
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
Ex US Army....... Air Force is a good branch for college kids..... :| Well, that's the only positive thing I can think of for the moment :)SuperBeast

You get to fly planes and blow **** up?

Anyway, I know... 3 or so AF pilots.  One's callsign is Thumper (guy), another is Socks (Girl) and i forget the other guys name.   I think Thumper and Socks are in the same unit.
nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 nuttybar
Member since 2005 • 9624 Posts
I was going to but then I remembered how hard lylat wars on the N64 wars...
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SuperBeast
[QUOTE="SuperBeast"]Ex US Army....... Air Force is a good branch for college kids..... :| Well, that's the only positive thing I can think of for the moment :)MattUD1

Anyway, I know... 3 or so AF pilots. One's callsign is Thumper (guy), another is Socks (Girl) and i forget the other guys name. I think Thumper and Socks are in the same unit.

Meh...If I wanted to fly jets in the military I would join the Marines for better chance at dog fighting. Bombing runs are no doubt fairly intense.....but.... meh.
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
They told me I'd be better off in the navy. I can't think why
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuperBeast
They told me I'd be better off in the navy. I can't think whycjek
If you're thinking about joining, you should probably talk to somebody else besides a Navy recruiter :)
greendude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 greendude14
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts
air force is better
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SuperBeast
air force is bettergreendude14
Better at what? Explain yourself. :|
Nintendo-Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Nintendo-Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4361 Posts
I was going to but then I remembered how hard lylat wars on the N64 wars...nuttybar

Wow I never thought about it that way, thanks   :)
l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts
Why would anyone wanna join the army/airforce to go fight a war for a s##t talkin president??
aces_are_high

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aces_are_high
Member since 2006 • 5235 Posts
what if it's not the american air-force?
JPearson_2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JPearson_2k4
Member since 2004 • 2600 Posts
Thinking about the RAF over here in Britain tbh
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="SuperBeast"]Ex US Army....... Air Force is a good branch for college kids..... :| Well, that's the only positive thing I can think of for the moment :)SuperBeast

Anyway, I know... 3 or so AF pilots. One's callsign is Thumper (guy), another is Socks (Girl) and i forget the other guys name. I think Thumper and Socks are in the same unit.

Meh...If I wanted to fly jets in the military I would join the Marines for better chance at dog fighting. Bombing runs are no doubt fairly intense.....but.... meh.

Dogfights.who is out there to dogfight with. every nation who was planes we are either allies with or not at war with.your not gonna get into any dogfights over Afganistan or Iraq
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
Why would anyone wanna join the army/airforce to go fight a war for a s##t talkin president??l34052
if your in the air force and do get shipped out it is highly unlikly that you are gonna be on the front lines.hell you might not even be in the same god-damn country. anyway i support the troops but not the war in Iraq and I do plan on joining the Air Force ROTC in college
Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts
Yes, I was thinking of join too. Only problem was Im supposed to talk to an Air Force Recuirter...Not Flight Attendants...Im thinking they both fly so they are within  cahoots with each other so should talking to one be as good as talking to the other? And the flight attendants are much nicer...They even bring me brings and bags of peanuts^^
DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts
Less than 1% of Air Force members fly planes. You have a better chance at flying a plane in the Navy, considering they have more planes anyway. In order to be a pilot, you need to be a commissioned officer(go to college). In the army, you can be a Warrant Officer and still be a pilot. I say go Marine Corps. :)
sentencedogu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sentencedogu
Member since 2006 • 3823 Posts

i'd like to be a pilot and fly with a F-35

but i'm not

OODALOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 OODALOOP
Member since 2004 • 36350 Posts
Less than 1% of Air Force members fly planes. You have a better chance at flying a plane in the Navy, considering they have more planes anyway. In order to be a pilot, you need to be a commissioned officer(go to college). In the army, you can be a Warrant Officer and still be a pilot. I say go Marine Corps. :) DarkPrinceXC
Exactly. Furthermore, in the army, warranted officers may only fly helos.
jdub1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 jdub1993
Member since 2005 • 644 Posts
Air force isn't my thing.
BrettEastman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 BrettEastman
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
I dont know where your getting your info from but its wrong but not by much a little more than 5 % of the air froce are pilots and it is true that they do have to be commisioned officers,  but the air force isnt all about fighters we also have a huge fleet of cargo planes and other types of planes me personally i fly on a cargo plane and i love it hell i just got back from rio de janero i spent a week there, on the air force's dime, just sitting on the beach drinking beer and swimming it was awswome not only that but when i got back they gave me more money just for going down there ... about 700 bucks.  now when it comes to money you can argue marines make more cuz they get tax free while in afghanistan or irag...well in order to get tax free you have to spend at least 2 mins in one of these areas so that means when i go there every month or every other month to drop off supplies to the troops i spend about 3 hours on the ground and i get my tax free and my hostil fire pay without even seeing past the flight line so if anyone wants to challenge me on which branch is the best im all ears lol
Bidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bidiot
Member since 2003 • 609 Posts
Chair force is great if you want to claim you're a vet status but not have to do any work for it, It's the only service the squids getsthe right to make fun of too, But I'm a grunt so I'm biased.