Aerosmith concert! Yeah!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
Last night, Nashville Tennessee, Bridgestone Arena, Aerosmith rocked da place! They sound amazing Live............ this was my first concert :D So I have a question: What concerts have you guys been to?
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#2 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Within the last year, I saw Iron Maiden twice (with Alice Cooper opening both times,) Aerosmith, Modonna, Brice Springsteen and the Who.

Next year I'm going to see Lady Gaga and Fleetwood Mac. And maybe more, depending on how much I can travel, and who comes near by.

Last year I saw Alice Cooper (as the headliner,) and a coule years ago I saw Iron Maiden (my first concert ever) and Ozzy Osbourne.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I've been to a bunch but the best show I've seen is Sigur Ros. I'm seeing them twice next year too so I'm pumped for that.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BuryMe

I've been to a bunch but the best show I've seen is Sigur Ros. I'm seeing them twice next year too so I'm pumped for that. JML897
They've coming here as well. I don't know any of their music, so is the show worth going to?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]I've been to a bunch but the best show I've seen is Sigur Ros. I'm seeing them twice next year too so I'm pumped for that. BuryMe

They've coming here as well. I don't know any of their music, so is the show worth going to?

Ehh I don't know. They definitely aren't for everybody, a lot of people think they're weird. They aren't very charismatic or anything I was just blown away by how good the music itself sounded.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kevlar101
Cheap Trick opened for Aerosmith and they were God awful.................... Cheap Trick is total ass
CHROMEFLAMIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CHROMEFLAMIN
Member since 2005 • 1902 Posts

AreoSmith Rocks Tour 1976 ! Was my first.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Rush
Rolling Stones
Def Leppard
Journey
Billy Idol
Cheap Trick
Chicago
The Pixies
Tom Petty w/ Stevie Nicks
Slayer
Children of Bodom
Mastadon

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pirate700

Within the last year, I saw Iron Maiden twice (with Alice Cooper opening both times,) Aerosmith, Modonna, Brice Springsteen and the Who.

Next year I'm going to see Lady Gaga and Fleetwood Mac. And maybe more, depending on how much I can travel, and who comes near by.

Last year I saw Alice Cooper (as the headliner,) and a coule years ago I saw Iron Maiden (my first concert ever) and Ozzy Osbourne.

BuryMe

I imagine Gaga and Fleetwood Mac aren't on the same booking...right? :P Fleetwood Mac are one of two bands I still really have to see.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

Pirate700

I imagine Gaga and Fleetwood Mac aren't on the same booking...right? :P Fleetwood Mac are one of two bands I still really have to see.

Whats the other one?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

Kevlar101

Whats the other one?

The Eagles. Neither of whom I'll ever get to see though beacuse the tickets sell out instantly and cost a small fortune.

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Mastodon in a 200 person theatre.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I imagine Gaga and Fleetwood Mac aren't on the same booking...right? :P Fleetwood Mac are one of two bands I still really have to see.

Pirate700

Whats the other one?

The Eagles. Neither of whom I'll ever get to see though beacuse the tickets sell out instantly and cost a small fortune.

Never cared for The Eagles or Fleetwood Mac.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BuryMe

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

Pirate700

Nah, they're about 2 months apart :P It would be an interesting double bill, though.

I can't wait for Fleetwood Mac. I managed to grab a second row ticket. The closest I've ever made it to the stage.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BuryMe

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I imagine Gaga and Fleetwood Mac aren't on the same booking...right? :P Fleetwood Mac are one of two bands I still really have to see.

Pirate700

Whats the other one?

Compared to Madonna tickets, Fleetwood Mac is down right cheap. It'll probably take them longer to sell the show out, too.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]Whats the other one?BuryMe

Compared to Madonna tickets, Fleetwood Mac is down right cheap. It'll probably take them longer to sell the show out, too.

For here, the tickets sold out instantly, and if you wanted to buy them after that they were like $600-1k.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

BuryMe

Nah, they're about 2 months apart :P

I can't wait for Fleetwood Mac. I managed to grab a second row ticket. The closest I've ever made it to the stage.

I might be going to see Eric Clapton in March.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]I've been to a bunch but the best show I've seen is Sigur Ros. I'm seeing them twice next year too so I'm pumped for that. JML897

Ehh I don't know. They definitely aren't for everybody, a lot of people think they're weird. They aren't very charismatic or anything I was just blown away by how good the music itself sounded.

love to see Sigur Ros, one of my fav bands

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BuryMe

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]The Eagles. Neither of whom I'll ever get to see though beacuse the tickets sell out instantly and cost a small fortune.

Pirate700

For here, the tickets sold out instantly, and if you wanted to buy them after that they were like $600-1k.

Wow, that's insane.

Where I am, Madonna's best tickets were $350.11, and the show sold out in 21 minutes, a record for the arena.

Floor seats for FM were $160. Though they haven't officially gone on sale yet. I got mine through a presale.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]Compared to Madonna tickets, Fleetwood Mac is down right cheap. It'll probably take them longer to sell the show out, too.

BuryMe

Wow, that's insane.

Where I am, Madonna's best tickets were $350.11, and the show sold out in 21 minutes, a record for the arena.

Floor seats for FM were $160. Though they haven't officially gone on sale yet. I got mine through a presale.

I wouldn't mind seeing Madona either but I'd be afraid she'd do too much of her newer crap.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Last night, Nashville Tennessee, Bridgestone Arena, Aerosmith rocked da place! They sound amazing Live............ this was my first concert :D So I have a question: What concerts have you guys been to?Kevlar101

You probably weren't born yet, but you would have been best-served to see them live circa 1978.......when they were at their peak.

"Toys in the Attic" and "Rocks" are 2 of the finest bawdy hard rock albums ever, and "Draw the Line" is pretty good also. To me, what they've done after the 70's was mostly crap.

Still they no doubt played a few tunes each from their best albums. Glad you enjoyed their show!

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BuryMe

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]For here, the tickets sold out instantly, and if you wanted to buy them after that they were like $600-1k.

Pirate700

Wow, that's insane.

I wouldn't mind seeing Madona either but I'd be afraid she'd do too much of her newer crap.

I really enjoyed the show, but there was a lot of criticism that the show was heavy on her most recent album.

Still, I thought the coreography was good, and I was surprised by how much of it was actually live. It was definately worth seeing.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]Last night, Nashville Tennessee, Bridgestone Arena, Aerosmith rocked da place! They sound amazing Live............ this was my first concert :D So I have a question: What concerts have you guys been to?AFBrat77

You probably weren't born yet, but you would have been best-served to see them live circa 1980.......when they were at their peak.

"Toys in the Attic" and "Rocks" are 2 of the finest bawdy hard rock albums ever, and "Draw the Line" is pretty good also. To me, what they've done after the 70's was mostly crap.

Still they no doubt played a few tunes each from their best albums. Glad you enjoyed their show!

I was born in 1999 :P They played most of their classics, like "Ragdoll", "Walk this Way", "Sweet Emotion", "Dude Looks Like a Lady", Dream On", their cover of "Come Together", and they even played the first song that they ever wrote. They played a lot of songs that I did not know the names of but still loved.......... and "Love In An Elevator" was awesome Live..........
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

I might be forgetting a few, but that I remember:

AC/DC
Bruce Springsteen (twice)
Black Sabbath (Dio fronting)
Amon Amarth (twice)
Iron Maiden
Slayer/Motorhead
Morbid Angel/Dark Funeral/Grave
Kreator/Accept
Municipal Waste
Nevermore

Yeah I'm definitely forgetting a few though...

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

One has not experienced a crazy concert untill they have seen GWAR live!

Saw GWAR with the Casualties on Devils Night in 2010 and it was by far the most INSANE show I have ever been to!

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Besides a f*ck ton of local bands significant bands I've seen....

Opeth - 2006. No opening band. Special set commerating (at the time) the band's 15th year. Played material from every album, which at that point was up through 'Ghost Reveries'. That's really the last album from Opeth I enjoyed, and I'm glad I caught them then, before they got shy about playing death metal.

Nine Inch Nails w/ Queens of the Stone Age - October 2005. Decent, but not a great concert. Queens sucked ass live. NIN played alright, but had some issues with the drummer, who had just joined them like a midnight the night before, not knowing the material too well and f*cking up (and thus throwing the rest of the band off) in a few spots. Crowd was lame as hell too. I got the feeling that most were just there as a social thing and not to really see the bands.

The Cure w/ 65 Days of Static - Spring 2008. The Cure are basically a nostalgia act at this point. The album they were touring behind, '4:13 Dream', is pretty much crap in my opinion. Thankfull their setlist hasn't very heavy on that album. And nostalgia act or not these guys are still pretty great performers. I was a little unsure about the lack of a keyboardist in this line up (considering how extensively keyboards have been used in a lot of their material), but they pulled it off brilliantly for the most part. No real opnion on 65 Days.

Iron Maiden w/ Lauren Harris - Summer 2008. Again, basically a nostalgia act anymore, but they put on a hell of a show. This was the "Somewhere Back in Time" tour, so it was basically revisiting their mid-80s stuff with staging similar to their 1984-85 tour. Thankfully no spandex w/ tennis shoes and atheletic socks pulled up above their calfs this time around. Had a lot of fun at this show and the crowd was absolutely insane. Lauren Harris sucks and was only there because she's the daughter of Mr. Iron Maiden, Steve Harris. She's basically crappy radio pop with guitar solos.

Throbbing Gristle - April 2009. First time TG had ever played in Chicago, and their US dates since 1981. Turns out it would be their last US dates as TG ended up dissolving the next year when vocalist Genesis P-Orridge abruptly walked out of the band. The three remaining members had planned to continue under the name X-TG, but Peter Christopherson died around a month later. Of all the concerts I've attended this was the most special to me. Not only because of the rarity of it, but also because I ended up meeting and talking with Christopherson (who's been a bit of an idol for me since I discovered his band Coil in the mid-90s) for a few minutes before the show.

Porcupine Tree w/ King's X - September 2009. Fantastic band. PT have become one of my favorite bands over the past few years. Top-notch musicianship live and refreshingly free of rock star posturing. I've never dug King's X much, so I was pretty indifferent to their performance.