Let me just say it's been a very long time since I done one of these threads, but with the pandemic slowly dying out and the amounts of vaccine out in the wild, movie theaters might make a comeback after all...if only. (This is the 4 days weekend due to Memorial Day)
- A Quiet Place Part 2 $58,500,000 (new release)
- Cruella $26,500,000 (new release)
- Spiral $2,900,000
- Wrath of Man $2,750,000
- Raya and the Last Dragon $2,570,000
- Demon Slayer: Mugen Train $1,579,000
- Godzilla vs. Kong $1,007,000
- Dream Horse $817,373
- Those Who Wish Me Dead $641,000
- World War Z $448,000 (new release but this is a re-release)
Since A Quiet Place Part 2 was only in theaters, I went to see it and enjoy it...but not as good as the first film but still entertaining. Cruella on the other hand, only taking $26M is low but due to watching Disney+ with additional fee of $30, can't say I'm surprised people just didn't bother going to theaters unless they are being force to go out.
If movie theaters continues to show improvements by releasing only in theaters AAA movies, while bringing in good numbers, I'll be happy to do these types of threads here again in OT.
Mojo Box office weekend May 28-31, 2021