A question for the people who don't like sports....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PandaTrueno86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PandaTrueno86
Member since 2009 • 1611 Posts

So, let's say just for the hell of it you somehow got to play (whatever sport pops up in your mind) a sport. And it turns out you had an amazing talent for it to the point you would eventually end up pro. Would you pursue a professional career or no?

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Take advantage of it and make a career out of it.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

skateboarding

PandaTrueno86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PandaTrueno86

skateboarding

almasdeathchild

Ok but would you pursue it or not?

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Absolutely. The salary professional athletes make is sickening. However, if I could get in on that.... :P

I'm sure people who aren't big into sports would still pursue it if talented. They might not like sports, but I'm willing to bet they like money.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

skateboarding

PandaTrueno86

Ok but would you pursue it or not?

probably not. i do enjoy skating at times but not as a career

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts

Absolutely. The salary professional athletes make is sickening. However, if I could get in on that.... :P

I'm sure people who aren't big into sports would still pursue it if talented. They might not like sports, but I'm willing to bet they like money.

KamuiFei
Kamui is right.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
It depends what the sport was. Something normal and kinda cool, like soccer or hockey, sure. Well, not hockey, because I'm female, and nobody wants to watch a b*tch play hockey, I certainly don't. I'd love to use my 'sport celebrity' to support charities. If it was curling, hide it like Anne Frank. Seriously. Curling isn't even a sport. That's just embarrassing.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Depends if you like drugs and alcohol and partying more than sports to pursue it

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

You're not just born good at something. Any professional sports player made it there through dedication and hard work. If I didn't enjoy something, I'd never put forth the time and effort to become pro at it.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I can't think of any sport I'd want to devote so much time to, and since that would take time away from pursuing my actual goals, I'm going to say no.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

Even if I was like amazingly good without even trying, if I absolutely hated it, I don't think I could make a career out of it, even if I could make a fortune.

Though maybe I would temporarily, make a lot of money, and then bail. They do make a lot of money...

PandaTrueno86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PandaTrueno86

Even if I was like amazingly good without even trying, if I absolutely hated it, I don't think I could make a career out of it, even if I could make a fortune.

Though maybe I would temporarily, make a lot of money, and then bail. They do make a lot of money...

IdioticIcarus

That's actually what I was thinking. Play a season or two. and retire from the sport.

But I love certain sports. Motor racing especially. So I would stay.

Also. I'm not saying if anyone here just flat out HATES sports. This question is meant for people who has a certain feeling that is negative for sports.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

I hate sports so why would I care if I was good at them? I would rather just do a real job.

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

You're not just born good at something. Any professional sports player made it there through dedication and hard work. If I didn't enjoy something, I'd never put forth the time and effort to become pro at it.

metroidfood
While it may take a lot of time and effort there are some people who are just naturally gifted, that's undeniable.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

Novotine

While it may take a lot of time and effort there are some people who are just naturally gifted, that's undeniable.

Not denying that, but it still takes a massive amount of effort to get to the pro level, even for a gifted player. And there's no way of knowing how good you are until you put that work in. So anyone who even wanted to cash in would first have to really dedicate themselves to the sport, and I can't see them doing that with no promise of payoff unless they loved it.

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

[QUOTE="Novotine"][QUOTE="metroidfood"]

metroidfood

Not denying that, but it still takes a massive amount of effort to get to the pro level, even for a gifted player. And there's no way of knowing how good you are until you put that work in. So anyone who even wanted to cash in would first have to really dedicate themselves to the sport, and I can't see them doing that with no promise of payoff unless they loved it.

You can see it happen in the NFL from time to time. Sometimes people are forced into playing sports due to less than convenient situations (unable to get scholarship through grades, bad schools, etc). But overall, yeah it doesn't happen that often.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

Hell yes I would.

ShyGuy0504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShyGuy0504
Member since 2009 • 1138 Posts

Unless it was a sport that I could play sitting down, then no. I'm a very lazy person.

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Amazing talent that beats professionals = Yes

Natural talent where you just happen to be better than your friends = No

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I'm only good at sprinting and jumping. As soon as it involves a ball I'm terrible at it.
I'm more into creativity, arts and design.

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
Sure. Watching sports is boring as hell. Playing them is always fun no matter the type I've found.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
If I had a natural talent for a sport, I probably would interest myself for whatever sport it was. If my talent allowed me to compete on an elite level, I probably would take 'advantage' of said talent. I on't see why one shouldn't use their skills to the max.
PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

Sure. Watching sports is boring as hell. Playing them is always fun no matter the type I've found.cd_rom

This.

PandaTrueno86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PandaTrueno86

A little surprised at the results.

Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts
If I didn't enjoy doing it I don't know that I would want to force myself to do it anyway just for money. They call that selling out and I dislike the bands that become sell outs so eh probably not. I would prefer to do something I enjoyed and could put my heart into else it's just another job.
Brozekial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Brozekial
Member since 2010 • 744 Posts
If I was really good at it without having to try, sure. I'd probably go for baseball. I would only do it to get rich to pay for Ivy League schooling.
-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Nope, I'd rather have a job I'm interested in than rather then I'd be good at. Plus I don't want to end up being famous for anything either.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Why wouldn't you? Do it for a year and get out if it's intense sport that will wear out your body. The amount of money will easy let you take years off a normal job.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts

Why would you not? Turning down easy money for doing something that comes naturally easy to me? I wouldn't even think twice about it. Definitely go pro.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Depends, I don't dislike sports, I just hate doing anything that gets me sweaty.

I only workout because I want them delts that make the hoes melt. A wide back, to get p*ssy in the sack.