deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

I'm a non Muslim and about 3/4 of the way through....

-Jihad means to Overcome Internal Struggle, Strive for Social Justice, and to Overcome oppressive Tyranny.

-Women are equal to men in Islam

-Don't hate other people, Treat Others Fairly

-If someone says Hi to you say Hi back to them.

-Spend your money for good: to help your parents, your family, orphans, wayfarers, and the needy.

It's a shame fanatics have given Islam fuel to let others that don't understand to intensify their fear and Hatred. I guess Islam has the same problems Modern Christianity does, It's true message has been subverted by Dogma, Greed, Fanaticism, and desire for power and Influence.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

As a non-Muslim I took away a completely different message. The text is not kind to non-believers

I'm not sure why so many have a hard time criticizing religion. There's always this fall back defense of "if only we followed TRUE Islam, or TRUE Christianity, there would be no problems". I don't buy it. What is and is not "true" Islam is different for everyone. What authority do you have to declare what is and is not true Islam?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

I think the more extreme stuff comes from the Hadiths and not the Quran itself. Although there is some not so nice parts in the Quran also, just like in the Bible.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@Nuck81: Good for you! :D

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Women are only equal to men in Islam so long as they are submissive to their husbands.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

There is more to Islamic theology than just the Quran. And it is insane to say that Islam has the same problems that Modern Christianity does, to be accurate it has the same problems that medieval Christianity had, and it has had those problems for quite some time. The fanatics that dominate mainstream Islamic theology are not a recent phenomena.

Moreover, neither these fanatics nor their large number of followers care at all about what a non-Muslim thinks the Quran says, nor should they. I'll judge Islam by what it is, not what I'd like it to be.

And to say that its "true message" has been subverted by things like dogma and a desire for power and influence shows a basic misunderstanding about how organized religion works in general, and why organized religions come to be. Dogma is the glue that keeps the house of cards together. The desire for power and influence is why the house of cards is built in the first place.

I ask you as a non-Muslim, why do you think Muhammad created Islam? Islam is a uniquely political religion.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

What does the Quran say about apostasy (i.e., leaving behind Islam entirely to either atheism or a new religion)?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

I considered reading the Quran but I didn't feel like buying a copy. When I was in Iraq we were explicitly ordered not to touch them if we wasn't Muslim so we don't offend the locals (most of them were in Arabic anyway). I guess I could Google an English translation if I have some time to kill later.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

And it would be very easy to find segments that say "Qur’an 9:5 Kill the nonbelievers wherever you find them."

Sure the three major monotheistic religions share their good points, but the prophet Muhammad was a maniac.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alim298

@R3FURBISHED said:

And it would be very easy to find segments that say "Qur’an 9:5 Kill the nonbelievers wherever you find them."

Sure the three major monotheistic religions share their good points

And it would be very easy to do this:

"If you kill my son and my daughter and my tribe and my people then I will kill you."

"I will kill you."

Thus we conclude that I'm a murderer. Good show...

Also flagged for insulting our prophet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

There is more to Islamic theology than just the Quran. And it is insane to say that Islam has the same problems that Modern Christianity does, to be accurate it has the same problems that medieval Christianity had, and it has had those problems for quite some time. The fanatics that dominate mainstream Islamic theology are not a recent phenomena.

If you think about it, Islam is about the same age now that Christianity was during Medieval times. Perhaps it's just the natural aging process that major religions go through. Sort of the Puberty stage...

There are many Passages in the Quran that do seem militant. Particularly when Isolated from it's surrounding passages and context. But most of those passages are specific commandments to the Muslims at the time those passages were written. When Islam was new and greatly persecuted.

[quote]I ask you as a non-Muslim, why do you think Muhammad created Islam?[/quote] Because it was God's will?

Millions throughout history have tried to create religions for personal profit or gain. Few last more than the lifetimes of their creators. All Major religions throughout the world share the same basic tenant and belief, Mostly surrounded by the Golden Rule. Maybe there is a reason some survive and some don't.

Matthew 7:15-20New International Version (NIV)

True and False Prophets

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

@ad1x2 said:

I considered reading the Quran but I didn't feel like buying a copy. When I was in Iraq we were explicitly ordered not to touch them if we wasn't Muslim so we don't offend the locals (most of them were in Arabic anyway). I guess I could Google an English translation if I have some time to kill later.

I got a copy for about three bucks on Amazon. I just piggybacked it on another order I had. It's a worthy addition to a personal Library

@R3FURBISHED said:

Sure the three major monotheistic religions share their good points, but the prophet Muhammad was a maniac.

There are more than just monotheistic Religions. Perhaps you meant Abrahamic Religions? Religions based on the God of Abraham? If so, then there are actually four

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 foxhound_fox

@alim298 said:

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By -Sun_Tzu-

@alim298 said:

lol

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alim298

@-Sun_Tzu-: @foxhound_fox: Thanks guys appreciate the jokes. They're quite funny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310

I'd rather this not turn into something it's not supposed to be.

I don't want it to get locked for dumbass reasons

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Sun_Tzu-

@Nuck81 said:

Because it was God's will?

I don't find that reason particularly convincing when it is said by Muslims - it is even less convincing when a non Muslim says it. Why are you not a Muslim if Islam is a divinely inspired religion?

Also extraordinary claims, extraordinary evidence yadda yadda yadda.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#17 10854
Member since 2014 • 116 Posts

@Nuck81: how is a women being accused of adultery when raped if she cannot provide a witness being treated as equal

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

This thread is going to end well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310

@10854 said:

@Nuck81: how is a women being accused of adultery when raped if she cannot provide a witness being treated as equal

That's in the Bible, and well as the Torah

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@Nuck81 said:

Because it was God's will?

I don't find that reason particularly convincing when it is said by Muslims - it is even less convincing when a non Muslim says it. Why are you not a Muslim if Islam is a divinely inspired religion?

Also extraordinary claims, extraordinary evidence yadda yadda yadda.

That was a question. I wasn't expressing belief. However, this statement is exactly why I also added the passage from the Bible

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 foxhound_fox

@Nuck81 said:

Should have posted a blog instead then.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

@10854:

This is a myth that has been circulated for years. In cases of rape you do not need 4 witnesses. 4 witnesses are only needed if someone is accusing you of adultery or fornication.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

You pulled that outta your a**? , it doesn't make no sense and there's no such thing as " kill the nonbelievers" ! Man this books is all about peace ! how come the prophet Muhammad was a maniac? i'd like an explanation ! it's shows your level of dignity calling a prophet "maniac" without saying anything to support it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@foxhound_fox said:

@Nuck81 said:

Should have posted a blog instead then.

are you stating intent to post off topic and derail the thread?

Isn't that against the TOU?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 foxhound_fox

@Nuck81 said:

are you stating intent to post off topic and derail the thread?

Isn't that against the TOU?

Wow, super-cereal today, aren't you?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#25 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Nuck81 said:

-Jihad means to Overcome Internal Struggle, Strive for Social Justice, and to Overcome oppressive Tyranny.

-Spend your money for good: to help your parents, your family, orphans, wayfarers, and the needy.

It's a shame fanatics have given Islam fuel to let others that don't understand to intensify their fear and Hatred. I guess Islam has the same problems Modern Christianity does, It's true message has been subverted by Dogma, Greed, Fanaticism, and desire for power and Influence.

you could say the exact same thing about jews or christians. They're just as bad and have just as much bloodlust as them

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Nuck81 said:

you could say the exact same thing about jews or christians. They're just as bad and have just as much bloodlust as them

I don't disagree.

But most of us in America, which is the majority of this site, aren't as familiar with Islam. With the Exception of the Bias Propaganda you hear from Fox NEws

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Nuck81 said:

Christians and jews don't really act out in violence....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Nuck81 said:

You're phucking kidding me right?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Sun_Tzu-

@Nuck81 said:

That was a question. I wasn't expressing belief. However, this statement is exactly why I also added the passage from the Bible

Ah OK, so you just didn't answer the question then. I won't hold my breath waiting for one.

@Nuck81 said:

@10854 said:

Is it one of those common "golden rules" that you mentioned previously?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Nuck81 said:

hahahahaha, that's a joke right? Spanish inquisition, the Crusades in the middle ages, All the wars that are all in the name of Jesus or God? What about the 50 last years in the middle east? israel having warfare domestically and with countries around them? Like when Ariel Sharon butchered a hell of a lot of people? What about the old testament, with all the killings and the slaughtering (if it's true) in the name of a so called imaginary dude in the sky.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Last_Ride

@Nuck81 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Nuck81 said:

I don't disagree.

But most of us in America, which is the majority of this site, aren't as familiar with Islam. With the Exception of the Bias Propaganda you hear from Fox NEws

Who the **** thinks Fox News has anything factually correct? They're full of pundits and ignorant aholes.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

There is an Islam problem in the world right now. People will get mad because it's not politically correct, but it's there and it's not going away.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178831 Posts

@alim298 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Sure the three major monotheistic religions share their good points

And it would be very easy to do this:

"If you kill my son and my daughter and my tribe and my people then I will kill you."

"I will kill you."

Thus we conclude that I'm a murderer. Good show...

Wow. Don't flag people because they disagree with you. That's sad dude.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

hahahahaha, that's a joke right? Spanish inquisition, the Crusades in the middle ages, All the wars that are all in the name of Jesus or God? What about the 50 last years in the middle east? israel having warfare domestically and with countries around them? Like when Ariel Sharon butchered a hell of a lot of people? What about the old testament, with all the killings and the slaughtering (if it's true) in the name of a so called imaginary dude in the sky.

You sure went a long way back......anyway FYI very few wars historically have been over religion. Deal with it.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I wouldn't feel safe touching one. I remember the one in our school library, wrapped in a cloth and placed above the other books.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Last_Ride

@LJS9502_basic: So the Crusades weren't over religion? Ok... And you didn't adress the other things i said which are true

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@Nuck81 said:

Ah OK, so you just didn't answer the question then. I won't hold my breath waiting for one.

Maybe you need a lesson in Reading Comprehension?

@Nuck81 said:

@10854 said:

Is it one of those common "golden rules" that you mentioned previously?

Yeah. You knew exactly what I meant by "Golden Rule"

So the question is, why would Sun Tzu make himself look like a dumbass by intentionally making an obtuse statement?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic: So the Crusades weren't over religion? Ok... And you didn't adress the other things i said which are true

Well actually the Crusades were over land and power. I actually did address your statement. Only a small percentage of war....until 10 have been fought due to religion itself.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

and complete verse is if enemies want peace let them live in peace.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Last_Ride

@LJS9502_basic said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Well actually the Crusades were over land and power. I actually did address your statement. Only a small percentage of war....until 10 have been fought due to religion itself.

They also fought against muslims who and they were against them, sure everything is about land, power and money. But come on dude, Crusades was a holy war.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They also fought against muslims who and they were against them, sure everything is about land, power and money. But come on dude, Crusades was a holy war.

*sigh* No it was over power and land. It was dressed that way to appeal to people but the contention was over getting back land and thus insuring one's power. Because the two sides were different religions does not inherently mean it's religious.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Psst, there's also the dirty little secret about pilgrims being taken and forced into slavery. It's not so black and white, now, is it?

Source:

Since Islam is an all-encompassing religion with guidance forall aspects of life. almost every action in a Muslim's life becomes anact of worship if it is done to build a better relationship with God.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Last_Ride

@LJS9502_basic said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

*sigh* No it was over power and land. It was dressed that way to appeal to people but the contention was over getting back land and thus insuring one's power. Because the two sides were different religions does not inherently mean it's religious.

The whole point of it was to retake Jerusalem dude. The holy place for christianity? Even Pope Urban the second called it a "holy war". There was also the French Wars in 16th century. Also consider that most people through history have been religious people and based their wars of that, power and money alone

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@hiphops_savior: That also went the other way mate. I also didn't state Islam was innocent. US, England, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Denmark, etc all are the biggest slavetraders in history

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By themajormayor

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Nuck81 said:

israel having warfare domestically and with countries around them?

Israel is having warfare imposed upon them. And not domestically no.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Last_Ride

@themajormayor said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Nuck81 said:

Technically they are occupying area's that doesn't belong to them, which basicly means domestically and no, they are invading Gaza. They're doing the warfare

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 themajormayor

@The_Last_Ride said:

@themajormayor said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Nuck81 said:

Technically they are occupying area's that doesn't belong to them, which basicly means domestically and no, they are invading Gaza. They're doing the warfare

No that does not mean domestically. Domestically means within a country. If it doesn't belong to them it is not within the country. Yes they are doing warfare but as I said, it is imposed upon them.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 The_Last_Ride

@themajormayor: Alright, you might be right on that one then

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The peaceful Muslims across the world are, unfortunately, the ones without a leg to stand on. Because of abrogation the violent parts of the Qu'ran are the ones that are highlighted and practiced. Chapter nine, for instance, abrogates all of the peaceful parts of the Qu'ran that come before it. If you don't know what abrogation is, you aren't reading the Qu'ran in context.

So, in reality, Islam truly is a religion of violence.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

I'm an agnostic atheist; I don't believe in any of the gods that are known through the religions of mankind, but I neither deny nor affirm that there exists a god of some sort. If there is a god, I don't think it cares about us; considering the horrible things that humanity does to itself, I think that a caring god would actively help us or put us out of our misery as a species. In my opinion, a god would be apathetic toward us, because compared to it, we'd be as micro organisms are to us: infinitesimal.