9 year old kid says that we will be going back to the crop fields if romney wins

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by super600 (32334 posts) -

A 9 year old kid named Brandon on Thursday was asked why he wanted Obama to win his second presidental campaign.and he said that we will be going back to the crop fields if Romney wins.He also said that we will be picking crops.

Lol!:lol:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/9-year-old-boy-at-michelle-obama-rally-if-mitt-romney-win-well-be-going-back-to-the-crop-fields/

Even though he is a kid this is insanely funny.

#2 Posted by johnd13 (9030 posts) -

He is probably repeating whatever his close environment (family mostly) are saying. I doubt it' s one of those really smart kids that have the mental maturity to have an opinion on politics although it would be cool if that' s the case.

#3 Posted by super600 (32334 posts) -

He is probably repeating whatever his close environment (family mostly) are saying. I doubt it' s one of those really smart kids that have the mental maturity to have an opinion on politics although it would be cool if that' s the case.

johnd13

That's what I'm thinking to.This topic wasn't created ot make fun of the 9 year old.

#5 Posted by Planeforger (17134 posts) -

johnd13
To be fair, that seems to describe most voters in this upcoming election, of any age.
#6 Posted by johnd13 (9030 posts) -

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

Planeforger

To be fair, that seems to describe most voters in this upcoming election, of any age.

Indeed. And not just in America. Everywhere you go there are families that have been supporters of a particular political party for many years and cultivate the same interests and values (sometimes willingly sometimes unwillingly) to their children or even grand-children.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#7 Posted by princeofshapeir (16550 posts) -
What's not so funny is the legion of teabaggers insisting Obama winning re-election will bring about the apocalypse, a communist takeover, or Islamic Fundamentalism invading the federal government. It's much cuter when a child voices an innocently naive view of politics than when grown men and women are committed to dehumanizing the President.
#8 Posted by Barbariser (6785 posts) -

This is actually a pro-Romney argument. Picking crops is a job, therefore by having more people pick crops Romney will improve the U.S. employment situation.

#9 Posted by MrPraline (21351 posts) -
We need Obama to win, because Obama was our president for how many years? Three years. And we need him to win because hes a good president, the boy added. When asked what he wanted Obama to do in his second term, Brandon said, I want [Obama] to change the world like he did. Hes gonna change the world. LOOOOOOOOOOL
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#10 Posted by princeofshapeir (16550 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]We need Obama to win, because Obama was our president for how many years? Three years. And we need him to win because hes a good president, the boy added. When asked what he wanted Obama to do in his second term, Brandon said, I want [Obama] to change the world like he did. Hes gonna change the world. LOOOOOOOOOOL

He's nine years old. I know you're probably too hardcore and edgy to realize how naive and innocent children can be, but they are.
#11 Posted by MrPraline (21351 posts) -
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="MrPraline"]We need Obama to win, because Obama was our president for how many years? Three years. And we need him to win because hes a good president, the boy added. When asked what he wanted Obama to do in his second term, Brandon said, I want [Obama] to change the world like he did. Hes gonna change the world. LOOOOOOOOOOL

He's nine years old. I know you're probably too hardcore and edgy to realize how naive and innocent children can be, but they are.

I know he is. His dad gave him some damn funny lines, though.
#12 Posted by Blue-Sky (10378 posts) -

Why are we interviewing kids again?

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
#13 Posted by Victorious_Fize (6128 posts) -
Was it racist that I thought he was black before I even clicked this thread?
#14 Posted by narlymech (1278 posts) -

People still pick crops. Somebody has to do it, otherwise we don't eat and have clothes and stuff.

#15 Posted by MrPraline (21351 posts) -

People still pick crops. Somebody has to do it, otherwise we don't eat and have clothes and stuff.

narlymech
must be Wednesday already then
#16 Posted by cslayer211 (797 posts) -

narlymech
I reckon they have machines to do that nowadays?
#17 Posted by Laihendi (5871 posts) -

johnd13
Considering his opinion is stupid, it wouldn't surprise me if a 9 year old came up with that on his own.
#18 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
A lot of people could benefit from an honest day's work in the field.
#19 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I reckon they have machines to do that nowadays?cslayer211
I know tea has to be hand-picked not only because of the harvesting method (particular leaves are taken and the rest left) and planting method (usually terraced or hillside farms).
#20 Posted by Jackc8 (8515 posts) -

He's got a future as a writer for the New York Times.

#21 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -
how did i know the kid was black before i even entered this thread?
#22 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -
A lot of people could benefit from an honest day's work in the field.Zeviander
Indeed, the lovely fresh air, nice scenery, nature's sounds. Sounds pretty nice.
#23 Posted by Stesilaus (4999 posts) -

That's nonsense.

Under Romney, all crop field work will be outsourced to laborers who won't demand a minimum wage.

:|

#24 Posted by Laihendi (5871 posts) -

That's nonsense.

Under Romney, all crop field work will be outsourced to laborers who won't demand a minimum wage.

Stesilaus
That would be nice if we got rid of minimum wage.
#25 Posted by ad1x2 (6464 posts) -

That's nonsense.

Stesilaus
People who say things like that are implying Romney will reinstate slavery, meaning they don't get paid at all.
#26 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

this kid must be a prophet

#27 Posted by NiKva (8181 posts) -
Too bad that he's just repeating what his parents say.