9 year old girl accidentally kills gun instructor with Uzi

  • 167 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for behardy24
#1 Edited by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/arizona-girl-fatal-shooting-accident/index.html

Thoughts?

Avatar image for crimsonbrute
#2 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25068 posts) -

Unbelievable. That girl is only 9 years old and she already has one more confirmed kill than I do.

Avatar image for SolidSnake35
#3 Edited by SolidSnake35 (58797 posts) -

Well, she would've only killed him with a knife otherwise. Right, guys?

Avatar image for SaintLeonidas
#4 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

Anyone dumb enough to give a 9 year old an Uzi deserves a bullet to the head.

Avatar image for xdude85
#5 Posted by xdude85 (6347 posts) -

Avatar image for perfect_blue
#6 Edited by Perfect_Blue (30451 posts) -

If only that instructor had a gun this wouldn't have happened.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#7 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (15606 posts) -

Don't even know where to begin with this... and I won't because it's just going to turn into a sh** fight.

Avatar image for airshocker
#8 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -
@SolidSnake35 said:

Well, she would've only killed him with a knife otherwise. Right, guys?

You're an idiot.

Avatar image for airshocker
#9 Edited by airshocker (31700 posts) -
@Aljosa23 said:

If only that instructor had a gun this wouldn't have happened.

And so are you.

Avatar image for lostrib
#10 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

seems like a pretty shitty instructor

Avatar image for airshocker
#11 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -

This is a tragic accident but it's really the instructors own fault. He should not have been standing above her as she shot the gun. An automatic Uzi has some insane recoil. A 9 year old wouldn't be able to handle it.

Avatar image for leif3141
#12 Edited by leif3141 (133 posts) -

@airshocker said:

This is a tragic accident but it's really the instructors own fault. He should not have been standing above her as she shot the gun. An automatic Uzi has some insane recoil. A 9 year old wouldn't be able to handle it.

This

Avatar image for korvus
#13 Posted by korvus (11007 posts) -

@lostrib said:

seems like a pretty shitty instructor

Not anymore.

Avatar image for timothyrolls
#14 Posted by timothyrolls (161 posts) -

A more knowledgeable instructor would have avoided this accident. My prayers go out to the instructors family.

Avatar image for lostrib
#15 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@timothyrolls said:

A more knowledgeable instructor would have avoided this accident. My prayers go out to the instructors family.

well I'm sure that makes them feel better

*eye roll*

Avatar image for toast_burner
#16 Posted by toast_burner (24932 posts) -

Why would anyone give a gun to a nine year old?

Avatar image for leif3141
#17 Posted by leif3141 (133 posts) -

Any realistically sane gun advocate does not advocate a 9 year old shooting an Uzi. Don't confuse that with a capable adult shooting a bolt action rifle, or similar.

Avatar image for timothyrolls
#18 Edited by timothyrolls (161 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

A more knowledgeable instructor would have avoided this accident. My prayers go out to the instructors family.

well I'm sure that makes them feel better

*eye roll*

I'm not sure what else I can do for them at the moment.

Avatar image for lostrib
#19 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@timothyrolls said:

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

A more knowledgeable instructor would have avoided this accident. My prayers go out to the instructors family.

well I'm sure that makes them feel better

*eye roll*

I'm not sure what else I can do for them at the moment.

Well you already did nothing for them, so I mean you can only go up from that

Avatar image for deeliman
#20 Posted by deeliman (3803 posts) -

Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to let 9 year olds shoot guns?

Avatar image for timothyrolls
#21 Posted by timothyrolls (161 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

A more knowledgeable instructor would have avoided this accident. My prayers go out to the instructors family.

well I'm sure that makes them feel better

*eye roll*

I'm not sure what else I can do for them at the moment.

Well you already did nothing for them, so I mean you can only go up from that

prayer=nothing?

Avatar image for leif3141
#22 Posted by leif3141 (133 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

A more knowledgeable instructor would have avoided this accident. My prayers go out to the instructors family.

well I'm sure that makes them feel better

*eye roll*

I'm not sure what else I can do for them at the moment.

Well you already did nothing for them, so I mean you can only go up from that

This earned a big lol, even if your kinda being a jerk! :)

Avatar image for lostrib
#23 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@timothyrolls said:

@lostrib said:

Well you already did nothing for them, so I mean you can only go up from that

prayer=nothing?

Well it sure as shit isn't helping them, maybe it made you feel better

Avatar image for airshocker
#24 Edited by airshocker (31700 posts) -

@deeliman said:

Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to let 9 year olds shoot guns?

There's nothing wrong with shooting guns at an early age. This was an issue with the instructor. Not the girl.

Avatar image for toast_burner
#25 Posted by toast_burner (24932 posts) -

@timothyrolls said:

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

A more knowledgeable instructor would have avoided this accident. My prayers go out to the instructors family.

well I'm sure that makes them feel better

*eye roll*

I'm not sure what else I can do for them at the moment.

Well you already did nothing for them, so I mean you can only go up from that

prayer=nothing?

Yes. What help does it do? Might make you feel better but this isn't about you.

Avatar image for PSP107
#26 Posted by PSP107 (16940 posts) -

@crimsonbrute said:

Unbelievable. That girl is only 9 years old and she already has one more confirmed kill than I do.

What are you implying?

Avatar image for dave123321
#27 Edited by dave123321 (35357 posts) -

Air has the right view on this matter

Avatar image for toast_burner
#28 Posted by toast_burner (24932 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@crimsonbrute said:

Unbelievable. That girl is only 9 years old and she already has one more confirmed kill than I do.

What are you implying?

That he has no confirmed kills but is neither admitting or denying having one or more unconfirmed kills.

Avatar image for deeliman
#29 Posted by deeliman (3803 posts) -

@airshocker I guess that's just a cultural difference then, I find the very notion absurd.

Avatar image for pimphand_gamer
#30 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (2609 posts) -

Wasn't a very good gun instructor was he.

Avatar image for crimsonbrute
#31 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25068 posts) -
@toast_burner said:

@PSP107 said:

What are you implying?

That he has no confirmed kills but is neither admitting or denying having one or more unconfirmed kills.

Precisely.

Avatar image for themajormayor
#32 Posted by themajormayor (25717 posts) -
@SaintLeonidas said:

Anyone dumb enough to give a 9 year old an Uzi deserves a bullet to the head.

Well I don't think he really deserved it. But yeah, that's a pretty fucking dumb thing to do.

Avatar image for timothyrolls
#33 Posted by timothyrolls (161 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@timothyrolls said:

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

A more knowledgeable instructor would have avoided this accident. My prayers go out to the instructors family.

well I'm sure that makes them feel better

*eye roll*

I'm not sure what else I can do for them at the moment.

Well you already did nothing for them, so I mean you can only go up from that

prayer=nothing?

Yes. What help does it do? Might make you feel better but this isn't about you.

You know, I have been nothing, but respectful in this thread. You should try it.

Avatar image for Chutebox
#34 Posted by Chutebox (43473 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

A more knowledgeable instructor would have avoided this accident. My prayers go out to the instructors family.

well I'm sure that makes them feel better

*eye roll*

I'm not sure what else I can do for them at the moment.

Well you already did nothing for them, so I mean you can only go up from that

We get it, you're atheist.

Avatar image for toast_burner
#35 Edited by toast_burner (24932 posts) -

@timothyrolls said:

You know, I have been nothing, but respectful in this thread. You should try it.

Don't ask a question if you don't want an answer.

Avatar image for PSP107
#36 Edited by PSP107 (16940 posts) -

@crimsonbrute said:
@toast_burner said:

@PSP107 said:

What are you implying?

That he has no confirmed kills but is neither admitting or denying having one or more unconfirmed kills.

Precisely.

I heard when white people talk like this, one should take it seriously.

Avatar image for lostrib
#37 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@timothyrolls said:

@toast_burner said:

Yes. What help does it do? Might make you feel better but this isn't about you.

You know, I have been nothing, but respectful in this thread. You should try it.

How about we just post how we want as long as we remain within the rules

Avatar image for lostrib
#38 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@lostrib said:

@timothyrolls said:

I'm not sure what else I can do for them at the moment.

Well you already did nothing for them, so I mean you can only go up from that

We get it, you're atheist.

And you would be wrong

Avatar image for MlauTheDaft
#39 Edited by MlauTheDaft (5189 posts) -

@deeliman said:

@airshocker I guess that's just a cultural difference then, I find the very notion absurd.

Rather polite way of putting it. 9 year olds are better off with dildos than guns.

Avatar image for EPICCOMMANDER
#40 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (1109 posts) -
@deeliman said:

@airshocker I guess that's just a cultural difference then, I find the very notion absurd.

Strawman. Al-Qaeda frequently used and trained–and still does–kids around the age of 5 as militants. A 9 year-old can certainly handle a gun (an uzi was a bit much for a novice though). You don't know jack shit. The instructor was playing it too casually.

Avatar image for branketra
#41 Posted by BranKetra (51726 posts) -

Wow. This could have been avoided by so many preventative measures.

Avatar image for dave123321
#42 Posted by dave123321 (35357 posts) -

@BranKetra: damn straight

Avatar image for perfect_blue
#43 Edited by Perfect_Blue (30451 posts) -

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@deeliman said:

@airshocker I guess that's just a cultural difference then, I find the very notion absurd.

Strawman. Al-Qaeda frequently used and trained–and still does–kids around the age of 5 as militants. A 9 year-old can certainly handle a gun (an uzi was a bit much for a novice though). You don't know jack shit. The instructor was playing it too casually.

Is this a parody/joke post? I honestly can't tell. Using Al Qaeda as reasoning for a 9 year old being able to wield an Uzi. Amazing.

Also, where the heck is this strawman you are talking about?

Avatar image for dave123321
#44 Edited by dave123321 (35357 posts) -

Lol at using al Qaeda as an example to support the idea of allowing kids to handle such weapons at a young age

Avatar image for SaintLeonidas
#45 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

@themajormayor said:
@SaintLeonidas said:

Anyone dumb enough to give a 9 year old an Uzi deserves a bullet to the head.

Well I don't think he really deserved it.

Considering he put the little girl in just as much danger with his actions, I'd have to disagree with you there.

Avatar image for SolidSnake35
#46 Edited by SolidSnake35 (58797 posts) -

@airshocker said:
@SolidSnake35 said:

Well, she would've only killed him with a knife otherwise. Right, guys?

You're an idiot.

More or less of an idiot than the gun instructor?

Avatar image for Pedro
#47 Posted by Pedro (29029 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

If only that instructor had a gun this wouldn't have happened.

I don't know why I found this funny.

Avatar image for PSP107
#48 Edited by PSP107 (16940 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

@themajormayor said:
@SaintLeonidas said:

Anyone dumb enough to give a 9 year old an Uzi deserves a bullet to the head.

Well I don't think he really deserved it.

Considering he put the little girl in just as much danger with his actions, I'd have to disagree with you there.

Can ask I the question if the girl had accidentally shot herself, what will be the outcome?

Also, I wonder how the 9 year old is feeling now and how will this affect the rest of her life.

Avatar image for tocool340
#49 Posted by tocool340 (21188 posts) -

Okay, why the hell is a 9 year old handling a loaded Uzi anyways? That has disaster written all over it...

Avatar image for Shottayouth13-
#50 Posted by Shottayouth13- (7016 posts) -

Why it's legal to give a 9 year old a gun, I will never know.