88 year old WWII veteran beaten to death by two teenagers in Washington

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

This kind of stuff is terrible. Scum of the Earth:

SPOKANE, Wash. -

WWII veteran Delbert Belton survived being wounded in action during the Battle of Okinawa only to be beaten and left for dead by two teens at the Eagles Lodge in Spokane on Wednesday evening.

Belton, 88, succumbed to his injuries Thursday morning at Sacred Heart Medical Center.

Witnesses say Belton was in the parking lot of the Eagles Lodge at 6410 N. Lidgerwood, adjacent to the Eagles Ice-A-Rena, around 8 p.m. Wednesday when the two male suspects attacked him as he was about to head inside to play pool.

Police responded with K-9s to track the suspects' scent but were not able to locate them.

"It does appear random. He was in the parking lot, it appears he was assaulted in the parking lot and there was no indication that he would have known these people prior to the assault," Spokane Police Major Crimes Detective Lieutenant Mark Griffiths said.

More: http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/elderly-man-dies-after-being-attacked-outside-ice-arena/-/101214/21574858/-/9flm7iz/-/index.html

Delbert-Belton.jpg

Suspects:

Homicide-Suspect-1.jpg

Homicide-Suspect-2.jpg

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Give em the needle.

Fvcking animals. Lower than livestock.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Send their asses to the middle east. let em fend for themselves.

AshiusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AshiusX
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
That is disgusting. He is one person that didn't deserve meet his end that way. My regards to his Family:(
DavesAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DavesAlt
Member since 2012 • 950 Posts
hope they catch them soon. So very sad and disgusting
dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

This sucks and the monsters that killed him deserve death, but why is this topic-worthy? Innocent people get killed, that comes with life, unfortunately.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Why would you even consider throwing a punch or hurting an elderly person? Let alone beating him to death.. they need to be found, they need the death penalty. They are scum and shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets if thats what they would consider something do to on a friday night.
dude_brahmski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dude_brahmski
Member since 2013 • 472 Posts

Sad.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Not to sound callous or anything, but the victim being a veteran and old doesn't make the crime any more reprehensible. Anyway, I hope the murderers are caught and severly punished.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Public decapitation please.

chunkowookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chunkowookie
Member since 2012 • 270 Posts

Why would you even consider throwing a punch or hurting an elderly person? Let alone beating him to death.. they need to be found, they need the death penalty. They are scum and shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets if thats what they would consider something do to on a friday night.Rattlesnake_8

Agreed. Anti-death-penalty people love to ramble about the value of human life, and I agree. Thing is, humans are defined by our intellect, and ability to reason. Doing this shows a complete and utter lack of both. They're not men. They're wild animals, and their masquerading as human beings is both an insult, and a threat, to real people. They should be put down like rabid raccoons, and denied proper burial/funeral rights.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#12 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Blech, I spent a lot of time in Spokane the last few months. Doesn't surprise me, but still horrible.
TerryCrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TerryCrew
Member since 2013 • 48 Posts
Too bad it wasn't in Texas.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_bi99man

Too bad it wasn't in Texas. TerryCrew

There should be a special circumstance law to  move them  to Texas, and put them at the front of the line, when the murder is this ridiculously heinous.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

Ironic since 88 is a neo nazi code number.

TerryCrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TerryCrew

[QUOTE="TerryCrew"]Too bad it wasn't in Texas. the_bi99man

There should be a special circumstance law to  move them  to Texas, and put them at the front of the line, when the murder is this ridiculously heinous.

I'd laugh if someone finds some old conservative law that links Washington to the republic of Texas, and thus grants Washington the ability to use Texas law :P There's a king of the hill episode like that, but it links Newyork
TerryCrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TerryCrew

Not to sound callous or anything, but the victim being a veteran and old doesn't make the crime any more reprehensible. Anyway, I hope the murderers are caught and severly punished.

redstorm72
True, but it's not like he's any veteran - he's a WWII veteran. You would assume individuals would grant them a particular level of respect.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
Thing is, humans are defined by our intellect, and ability to reason. Doing this shows a complete and utter lack of both.chunkowookie
Now, see, that's sort of bull$hit. Firstly, you don't even know the reasoning or intellect of the killers. According to the article, it seems that they weren't caught and no one knows why they did it. So you're just speculating here. And secondly, I'd even take issue with that first comment. Do you know who is also lacking in intellect and reasoning abilities? Children and mentally disabled people. By your logic, killing a child or a mentally retarded person should be seen as better than killing a "normal" adult. But it's sort of...NOT. People are even MORE protective of them, when (according to your logic) people should consider it a lesser crime since they lack the intellect and reasoning skills to be considered real people. Or hell...take instances in which children or mentally disabled people are the KILLERS instead of the victims. Does society tend to go easier on them because of their limited intellect and reasoning? Or does society treat them more harshly and put them down as if they were nothing more than a rabid animal?
TerryCrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TerryCrew
[QUOTE="chunkowookie"]Thing is, humans are defined by our intellect, and ability to reason. Doing this shows a complete and utter lack of both.MrGeezer
Now, see, that's sort of bull$hit. Firstly, you don't even know the reasoning or intellect of the killers. According to the article, it seems that they weren't caught and no one knows why they did it. So you're just speculating here. And secondly, I'd even take issue with that first comment. Do you know who is also lacking in intellect and reasoning abilities? Children and mentally disabled people. By your logic, killing a child or a mentally retarded person should be seen as better than killing a "normal" adult. But it's sort of...NOT. People are even MORE protective of them, when (according to your logic) people should consider it a lesser crime since they lack the intellect and reasoning skills to be considered real people. Or hell...take instances in which children or mentally disabled people are the KILLERS instead of the victims. Does society tend to go easier on them because of their limited intellect and reasoning? Or does society treat them more harshly and put them down as if they were nothing more than a rabid animal?

They're obviously not too smart - they got caught.
DavesAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DavesAlt
I don't get why people can't just agree that human beings are capable of doing some horrendous shit instead of trying to make such people out to be something other then a person.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="TerryCrew"]Too bad it wasn't in Texas. TerryCrew

I'd laugh if someone finds some old conservative law that links Washington to the republic of Texas, and thus grants Washington the ability to use Texas law :P There's a king of the hill episode like that, but it links Newyork

I remember that one. Good stuff. And yeah, that's be hilarious.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Give em the needle.

the_bi99man

We have the US' only remaining active gallows here in Washington State.

A short-drop hanging would seem fitting in this case.

... the condemned prisoner slowly dies of strangulation, which typically takes between ten and twenty minutes, resulting in a considerably more protracted, grisly and painful death as compared to the standard or long drop hanging, ...

Wikipedia

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

Give em the needle.

Stesilaus

We have the US' only remaining active gallows here in Washington State.

A short-drop hanging would seem fitting in this case.

... the condemned prisoner slowly dies of strangulation, which typically takes between ten and twenty minutes, resulting in a considerably more protracted, grisly and painful death as compared to the standard or long drop hanging, ...

Wikipedia

Oh snap. Like it was meant to be.

Washington DA/Prosecuters... GET ON IT!

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

yeah there are a lot of s****y people

i was pro death penalty, i am pro death penalty, and i intend to be pro dealth penalty

all i can say is "hope they get the chair" . even if he wasnt a war hero, an 88 year old man? those 2 f***s must have all the "juice" now :roll:

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
There's one aspect of this situation that isn't the least bit surprising.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="TerryCrew"] They're obviously not too smart - they got caught.

Not according to the article provided here. It states that they're still at large. But that's beside the point anyway. When a mentally disabled person kills someone else and then gets caught, what is more like to happen? Does society call them animals and then quikly put them down without remorse, or does society go easy on them? See, what you fail to realize is that there are several aspects to a person's sentence. There's a rehabilitative aspect, a public safety aspect, and a punitive aspect. The death penalty is MOSTLY punitive. It isn't about rehabilitation, and it's only a little bit about public safety (after all, it provides little advantage beyond being imprisoned for life). And...people are less inclined to PUNISH someone when their actions are not entirely their faults. This is why mentally disabled people are more likely to get off easier when they kill a dude. The argument goes, "sure we can't release him, but we're not going to PUNISH HIM WITH DEATH because he didn't realize fully what he was doing." Yeah, we put down rabid dogs, but we don't do it to PUNISH them. When Little Timmy shot Old Yeller in the face, he wasn't saying "f*** you buddy, you're just an animal."
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_bi99man

There's one aspect of this situation that isn't the least bit surprising.BPoole96

Indeed.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_bi99man

See, what you fail to realize is that there are several aspects to a person's sentence. There's a rehabilitative aspect, MrGeezer

Rehabilitation for rapists and cold-blooded murderers... :lol:

DavesAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DavesAlt

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]There's one aspect of this situation that isn't the least bit surprising.the_bi99man

Indeed.

what is it
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58297 Posts

I don't get why people can't just agree that human beings are capable of doing some horrendous shit instead of trying to make such people out to be something other then a person. DavesAlt

a lot of these people are physical different (as in, their minds are literally wired differently).  I don't know how much of an impact this really has, but I am sure you have heard/seen the studies where they do CAT scans of murderer's brains and compare them to "normal" people and their "aggression area" is much larger, while their "reasoning area" is much smaller (pardon the excessive quotation use, I don't know the technical terms).

THere are other studies as well, such as the classic how-do-you-diagnose-a-murderer-question:

You meet the girl of your dreams at your mom's funeral, but before you get her name, she leaves and the funeral is over.  How do you get in touch with her?  A lot of murderers tend to reply with "I would kill my dad in the hope that she would show up again". To a murderer, that is a sane, logical response...but to the rest of us, we are left scratching are heads going WTF?

So, while murderers are definitely people, I would argue whether they have the requisites to be called human.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58297 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]There's one aspect of this situation that isn't the least bit surprising.DavesAlt

Indeed.

what is it

Black? It happened in the blackness of night?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]See, what you fail to realize is that there are several aspects to a person's sentence. There's a rehabilitative aspect, the_bi99man

Notice how you deliberately left out the rest of my statement? That's how I can tell that you're intellectually shady. I also included stuff like "punishment" and "removing dangerous people from society", only you deliberately ommitted those because they don't fit your agenda (that agenda being: making my post out to be stupid). What you're doing there is editing information in order to suit a pre-conceived narrative, and people should be REALLY wary of people who do that.
Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]See, what you fail to realize is that there are several aspects to a person's sentence. There's a rehabilitative aspect, MrGeezer

Notice how you deliberately left out the rest of my statement? That's how I can tell that you're intellectually shady. I also included stuff like "punishment" and "removing dangerous people from society", only you deliberately ommitted those because they don't fit your agenda (that agenda being: making my post out to be stupid). What you're doing there is editing information in order to suit a pre-conceived narrative, and people should be REALLY wary of people who do that.

Intellectually shady?

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

konvikt_17
Your sig isn't bigger than whatever the max is? I mean, just those boobs have to be bigger..
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]See, what you fail to realize is that there are several aspects to a person's sentence. There's a rehabilitative aspect, MrGeezer

Actually, what I'm doing is illustrating my belief that rapists and cold-blooded murderers are 100% incapable of rehabilitation, and even talking about it a lost cause, and a waste of breath. Assuming of course that the evidence and conviction is rock-solid, they should be taken outside, put on their knees, and shot through the back of the head by a police officer or bailiff immediately following the end of the trial.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="DavesAlt"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

Indeed.

mrbojangles25

what is it

Black? It happened in the blackness of night?

My thoughts exactly.

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]See, what you fail to realize is that there are several aspects to a person's sentence. There's a rehabilitative aspect, the_bi99man

Absolutely. We can rehabilitate them into fertilizer and worm food.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
and where is Al-Sharpton to comment about this??
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
Anybody wanna bet the motive was a racial attack? It is imo and that means we've had two high profile hate crimes in the past week with the baseball player in Oklahoma.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Why is it that whenever someone / a group of people do something cruel and or horrible, the typical reaction from dudes on the internet is KILL MAIN BURN?

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts
Anybody wanna bet the motive was a racial attack? It is imo and that means we've had two high profile hate crimes in the past week with the baseball player in Oklahoma.TruthTellers
Hate crime committed against what group exactly? Australians?
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

Wolfetan

Your sig isn't bigger than whatever the max is? I mean, just those boobs have to be bigger..

Forgot all about the gif restriction.

oh well, dont care. the boobs will stay until a mod decides to get rid of them.

then i will try to find some boobs under 1mb.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
I don't get why people can't just agree that human beings are capable of doing some horrendous shit instead of trying to make such people out to be something other then a person. DavesAlt
Dehumanizing people is a fairly go-to tactic to make killing them seem more palatable.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrGeezer

Actually, what I'm doing is illustrating my belief that rapists and cold-blooded murderers are 100% incapable of rehabilitation, and even talking about it a lost cause, and a waste of breath. Assuming of course that the evidence and conviction is rock-solid, they should be taken outside, put on their knees, and shot through the back of the head by a police officer or bailiff immediately following the end of the trial.

the_bi99man
EDIT: Yeah, I know..."tl,dr". Skip to end for the short version. Mentally disabled people are often beyond rehabilitation as well. So...what does society do when someone who is mentally retarded or mentally ill kills someone else? Keep in mind that "rehabilitation" isn't an option. If someone's violent acts are the result of mental retardation or an incurable mental illness, then they're NEVER gonna be released back into general society ever again. So...is society more likely to say, "we realize that this isn't entirely your fault because you couldn't help it. So you're gonna spend the rest of your life in a mental institution." Or is society more likely to say, "f*** that guy, he's just an animal. Shoot him in the head"? At this point, I'd like to mention that such mental conditions can actually result in the killers avoiding a trial entirely. You can't put them on trial without them being mentally competent enough to understand the charges against them. Gee...do you know what else doesn't understand what they've done and why it's wrong? ANIMALS. When was the last time you've seen a dog or a bull on trial? Yeah, never. And in this country, we tend to have a problem with executing people who have never been put on trial. Stating that they're mentally "like animals" doesn't support the argument for putting them down. That just WEAKENS the argument for putting them down. Let's be frank here. Peoples' value within society is a factor. And I know that this is something that no one likes having to say or hear, but...when you are severely mentally retarded or mentally ill, your value to society drops. Yet, when that mentally retarded man kills another man, we as a society tend to say, "I understand that you can't release him, but please don't punish him with death. He couldn't help it, he didn't know any better." And that's what you're not seeing here. The death penalty is essentially ONLY punishment. And when people lack the intellect and reasoning to function in society if they tried, when people are mentally seen as only having the reasoning and intellect of an animal, we have more of a tendency to NOT punish them. Oh, they are still removed from society for the rest of their lives, but that ISN'T punishment. That's done in order to remove them from society. The ultimate punishment (death) is sort of reserved for the people who DO have the intellect and reasoning skills to understand the nature of their crimes and why it was wrong. Once you point at a killer and claim that they're "animals" because they lack such reasoning and intellect, you're actually strengthening the argument for NOT executing them. If they're truly "not human", then how can you expect them to have behaved liked humans? You can't. And if there's no expectation that they had the capacity to behave like humans, then their inhuman actions are not their fault. If it's not their fault, then you DON'T execute them. You throw them into a mental ward and then never let them leave. EDIT: When a mosquito bites your arm and then you smash it, why did you do that? Are you doing that so that the mosquito can't bite you any more, or are you doing that in order to PUNISH the mosquito for doing things that it can't help but to do? If it's the former, then you're normal. If it's the latter, then you're f***ed in the head.
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts
This enrages me. I'll leave it at that.
EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

and where is Al-Sharpton to comment about this??hippiesanta
He's secretly cheering. It's a shame white people don't have anyone to stand on a podium and yell hate crime.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

No respect of Elders. Stuff like this Happened in america everyday. no surprise

SNIPER4321
yup teenagers are randomly killing war veterans everyday all across the US wow it's a pandemic
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Looks like I need to start carrying a gun on me at all times. Let some punks try that on me when I get older. It will be another Trayvon case.