700LB man who plays video games all day says he will eat 'until he dies'

#1 Posted by qx0d (302 posts) -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6558445/700LB-man-plays-video-games-day-says-eat-dies.html

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a25730265/family-by-the-ton-video-tlc/

A morbidly obese man who weighs 707lbs has revealed he spends his day gorging on junk food and playing video games naked, admitting that he will likely eat himself to death.

Casey King, 34, is sharing his story on the new season of the TLC reality series Family by the Ton, which follows families who are in a dire need to lose weight. On Wednesday night's premiere, he revealed he is unemployed and living with his father, Danny, who has to wait on him hand and foot.

'I will just eat till I'm dead,' he told the camera. 'A normal day for me is to wake up around 12, figure out something I am going to eat immediately, [and then] TV, video games, bed. It's not a lot of activity.'

#2 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79189 posts) -

Highest I've ever weighed myself was 247 pounds... I was fearful for my life... I felt horrible... People that get up to 700 pounds... I can't imagine how they'd ever want to continue life and not do anything about it. Just blown away... Something awful psychologically happened to this man.

#3 Edited by mrbojangles25 (43303 posts) -

That is tragic as hell and I hope they wake the hell up and get their shit in order.

@JustPlainLucas said:

Highest I've ever weighed myself was 247 pounds... I was fearful for my life... I felt horrible... People that get up to 700 pounds... I can't imagine how they'd ever want to continue life and not do anything about it. Just blown away... Something awful psychologically happened to this man.

As someone who is also obese, I have to agree with this; there is generally a deeper cause other than laziness or apathy that causes this sort of self destruction.

I've heard of it essentially summed up this way: some people choose drugs, others choose alcohol, while some opt for food. It's just addiction, more or less, substituting food for an emotional void or issue.

The biggest problem is that while drug and alcohol addiction can seem both "glamorous" and tragic at the same time (i.e. not revolting), overeating is fugly as hell and people are disgusted before they are sympathetic.

#4 Edited by warmblur (1726 posts) -

I was close to this last year I'm not 700 pounds but I was getting close to 300 lbs I was 276 I decided it's time to stop this it took me three years two snap out of this mind set. I already lost 11 pounds looking to get to 150 by December. I have clinical depression for over 20 years it really messes with you I have some hope now. Marijuana is the only thing that ever helped me and my state is about to legalize it I just hope it doesn't take to years to get into retail shops or I'm f#cked and I'm worry I wouldn't make it that long but hopefully I can get what I need either late this year or early next year. Time is ticking and depression just gets worst but in the mean time I'm focused on losing weight exercising and eating better it kinda helps depression a little bit for now.

#5 Posted by GTR12 (13392 posts) -

That's roughly 4x my body weight at my heaviest, 70kgs, about 154 pounds, and I was fat...

#6 Posted by Mandzilla (3623 posts) -

Dang, I feel for the poor guy. Once you get stuck in a cycle like that things can escalate quickly. My heaviest was about 140ish/10 stone. Back down to 125lbs now, but losing weight can be very tough. I hope he's able to make some positive changes to his lifestyle and diet before it's too late.

#7 Edited by Master_Live (19289 posts) -

Sad, just sad. I mean, I guess from his perspective he think he is at 700lbs and it would be so difficult to go back (he needs help!). But if that's the way he wants to go (deep down I doubt it, he is just helpless), then so be it.

#8 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79189 posts) -
@Master_Live said:

Sad, just sad. I mean, I guess from his perspective he think he is at 700lbs and it would be so difficult to go back (he needs help!). But if that's the way he wants to go (deep down I doubt it, he is just helpless), then so be it.

He should take a cue from boogie2988 who got his stomach stapled and lose like 200 lbs. I was following him before and after the procedure, but the ironic thing about his decision to have his stomach reduced was that he couldn't motivate himself to lose weight on his own, but his doctor said he needed to lose weight before the surgery, about 80 lbs or so, and he did it. He had to lose weight .. in order to get a surgery because he couldn't lose weight...

It's all mental... you just need the right motivation. Also, here's a REALLY good book that I think everyone who is overweight and can't believe in themselves to lose weight on their own should read.

https://www.amazon.com/703-Lost-More-Quarter-Gained-ebook/dp/B003NX7NPG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1546827309&sr=8-5&keywords=703+book

#9 Edited by IronBrigador (108 posts) -

Its obvious this guy is suffering from extremely severe depression and resorted to eating and gaming till where he is now, digging himself deeper into a hole he feels like he will never crawled out of.

Its as simple as all in the mind, as many would say but thats not very accurate, it is also not as simple. The brain, like many parts of the body is also easily affected and influenced by chemicals and this guy's is overloaded with whatever is causing him to feel hopeless and depressed. Brain depression is also a real physical thing, not just a mental thing. Its like telling someone who sprained his ankle to just walk it off like a normal person. Thats not possible. It takes time for the brain to heal, just as any part of the body if it suffers injury. Thats basically it, the brain is injured and damaged in some real physical way. So when people tell people who suffers from severe and real depression to "snap out of it", many times harshly, it doesnt help, its even quite cruel.

#10 Posted by So_Carrieous (44 posts) -

@ironbrigador:

Don’t be so sure. Believe it or not but there are people that go out of their way to hurt others. It’s possible it’s a gaming addiction or food addiction, but don’t be so closed minded that those are the only possibilities. The majority likes to assume too much.

#11 Posted by uninspiredcup (31418 posts) -

@ironbrigador said:

Its obvious this guy is suffering from extremely severe depression and resorted to eating and gaming till where he is now, digging himself deeper into a hole he feels like he will never crawled out of.

Indeed, it's very easy to judge people when you're in a good position.

#12 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19838 posts) -

That's a sloth.

Sad to see young men tapping out of society.

#13 Posted by shellcase86 (4290 posts) -

@warmblur said:

I was close to this last year I'm not 700 pounds but I was getting close to 300 lbs I was 276 I decided it's time to stop this it took me three years two snap out of this mind set. I already lost 11 pounds looking to get to 150 by December.

Nice! Keep up the work, it's always worth it in retrospect.

I just started going back to the gym, going to start jumping rope for extra cardio, and meal prepped all my lunches/dinners for this week. Looking to slim back down, too.

#14 Posted by warmblur (1726 posts) -

@shellcase86 said:
@warmblur said:

I was close to this last year I'm not 700 pounds but I was getting close to 300 lbs I was 276 I decided it's time to stop this it took me three years two snap out of this mind set. I already lost 11 pounds looking to get to 150 by December.

Nice! Keep up the work, it's always worth it in retrospect.

I just started going back to the gym, going to start jumping rope for extra cardio, and meal prepped all my lunches/dinners for this week. Looking to slim back down, too.

Thanks

#15 Posted by Serraph105 (33431 posts) -

We all will eat until we die. Eating won't be the thing that kills most of us, but still.

#16 Posted by DaVillain- (34936 posts) -

@JustPlainLucas: boogie2988 looks totally awesome, he's so different then he was with all that weight he had. I too was Fat myself, I weight almost to 300 lbs but it took me months/years to stop eating all the desserts & stop over eating when I'm not even hungry. It wasn't easy but I had to trick my brain in order to lose weight and now, I'm at 160 lbs and I'm still exercising gain muscles to look sexy for all the ladies lol. i had to take care of myself cause I fear for my life. (Which also can motivate you when your health is on the line)

But yes, the trick is, you gotta trick the brain so you can get yourself motivated. Another youtuber Joker Production, he's a big guy and he's closer to boogie2988 original weight, but he acknowledge the issues and still working on his weight problem.