30 years of study shows that every popular myth about Marijuana is false.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

It's not a myth that smoking weed makes you STUPID for a couple of hours. :lol:

supa_badman

Hahah well thats what alot of people say

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
i hear that
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#103 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Wow, so many people here don't seem to understand the purpose of a legislative system.

Anyway, it doesn't really change anything for me if marijuana is dangerous or not; I believe that all drugs should be legal but regulated. Victimless crimes like these aren't worth wasting judiciary time and jail space on.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
i dont really care about weed, not my thing. i just hate people who talk about it all the time. i have some friends who all they talk about is getting high, how high they got the other day or how high they're gonna get. its like, we get it, you smoke weed. congratulations
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Gibsonsg527

People usually put something else in the Marijuana and that's the problem. My uncle and his pals have been smoking that stuff for years and all of them are stereotypical pot heads. So whatever anyone says I don't care what they want me believe because I know long term use showsnegative side effects. I doubt it's a coincidence.

Any **** can conduct a study. The term prove is a funny term. Peoplesay "this proves this or that." But the only thing that is ever proven is what someoneelse iswilling to believe. People never really prove anything other than their own genius or stupidity. So the study may very well prove studies usually prove moststudies are speculation.

Look at Al Gore, not only is he full of wild ideas he was a vice president of the United States. So any jerk can do anything. Including conduct pointless studies.

MagnumPI

If MJ was legal they will regulate and insure that it is not laced with any dangerous substance. The businesses that sell MJ for medical uses are already regualted with cameras in the growing rooms and it sounds like that you just want to deni this. All the facts that the web site listed cite the information from which it obtained. Alot of the the studies were done over a course of 30 years on humans, animals and cell structures so I don't think any average joe conducted these studies.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
agreed, Marijuana is over scrutinized........and I think occasional use can be alright
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#107 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'll give legalization another couple years in Canada, and maybe a few more in the States. There is probably mostly just red-tape keeping it from being legal in Canada right now anyways. Legalized medicinal marijuana is a booming market.

GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GrindingAxe
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

Its not about getting high...its more about what hemp can do in terms of being a great agricultural product...a medicinal product, and such. Getting high off of it is just a plus, especially since its harmless. Again, I urge people to watch The Union to get the whole picture.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"] So your going to bend over for every thing the goverment tells you?

Gibsonsg527

Um what? How did you take that from what I said? I was making reference to the fact that if the original colonists just left instead of FIGHTING the government, they USA wouldn't exist.

I'm all for revolution. Governments exist to serve the people, not the other way around.

Sorry is was towards the other guy.

Ah right - you quoted me so I thought you were speaking to me.

All good :)

Derek240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Derek240
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

Marijuana damages your brain.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Wow, so many people here don't seem to understand the purpose of a legislative system.

Anyway, it doesn't really change anything for me if marijuana is dangerous or not; I believe that all drugs should be legal but regulated. Victimless crimes like these aren't worth wasting judiciary time and jail space on.

Barbariser

You honestly think that Crack, Acid, all the hard drugs etc should be legal?...... How would hundreds of thousands of people dying each year, possibley killing others in the process be victimless crimes?.. If this stuff doesn't constitute putting people in jail then what the heck would?

I can see it now.. Kids slipping crack in other kids drinks in college getting them addicted, cause hey its funny and who cares its a legal substance so they cant get in that much trouble .. right?..

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Gibsonsg527

Derek240

Same thing with alcohol and nicotine as your arcticle states. The article I listed never said that MJ was completly safe but it is more healthy than any drug or cigarette.The patient tha twas shown in the scans abused MJ for over 30 years, constantly smoking it daily. Your article also says that the brain damage can be greatly lessened by taken MJ occasionally and my article states that only 1% of americans abuse MJ daily .ANY substance can hurt you if you abuse it. Even water can kill you if drink too much of itat one time.

P.S how many other studies has thisdoctor on MJ besides this ONE patient?

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
What isn't a myth is the people I've seen who have messed up their lives because of this drug.
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5720180.ece

that article says differently. I wonder how many of the books/articles that list was conprised from actually backed up the other "myths".

From my experince people who use cannabis deffainlty change... your argument would be fine for someone who has one every so often, however so is alcohol. Red wine is actually good for you if you have one glass a night. However you have a few glasses regulary its not good for you.

btw v.tired :P

SamanthaaRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SamanthaaRose
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Aaaah, that's so true. Unfortunately, nearly every kid in high school is exactly like that.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

What isn't a myth is the people I've seen who have messed up their lives because of this drug.Acemaster27

Thats entirely the person's fault. Weed doesnt makeyou want to quit your job and screw up your life, thats their decision.

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"]

[QUOTE="AWildMeowth"]

I'm not bending at all. I'm perfectly fine with not being allowed to do MJ. If someone was begging me to smoke it, I wouldn't because I have no reason to.

AutoPilotOn

Im not talking about JUSTMJ here. Im sure there are some thingsconserning thegoverment that you don't like. If we never take actions on certin things, the goverment will try to control our daily lives even more.

Thats what I was saying. He seems to think if you dont like something the government is doing then you should just leave. Thats not how it was set up. It was made to free speech to speak against the government and make things change as needed/wanted but society.

America, not really the land of the free is it? :roll:

EntropyWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 EntropyWins
Member since 2010 • 1209 Posts

Aren't myths inherently false?

DreamnDayUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 DreamnDayUnite
Member since 2011 • 428 Posts
Thats a pro drug website, not entirely trustworthy eh?
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Does this also mean the popular myth that marijuana is a wonder drug that can cure all and causes no harm is also false?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 foxhound_fox

Derek240

Along with heroin (and I assume morphine and other opiates), alcohol, nicotine and methadone (legal prescription painkiller). The message in this article seems to be "don't mess with your brain, but if you have to, practice moderation."

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
Weed's not entirely harmless, and people who believe it is on the basis of this kind of propaganda are being duped as much as the handful of imbecilles who took every word of Reefer Madness seriously.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 foxhound_fox

Weed's not entirely harmless, and people who believe it is on the basis of this kind of propaganda are being duped as much as the handful of imbecilles who took every word of Reefer Madness seriously.jimmyjammer69

Compared to the vast majority of all medications available in the world, whether natural, synthetic or a combination of both, THC/marijuana is one of the safest in terms of health effects. Granted, like with anything smoked, it can increase the risk of lung cancer, but using a vapourizer removes any harmful toxic chemicals from the smoke and makes it mostly harmless (except for the psychological effects it has on the brain).

Anything that is abused can cause bodily harm. Hell, too much Tylenol can kill your liver. The important thing everyone needs to remember is "moderation" when it comes to either recreational or medicinal substances... so that their benefits can be utilized without putting unneccessary stress on the body.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Gibsonsg527

Does this also mean the popular myth that marijuana is a wonder drug that can cure all and causes no harm is also false?

Pixel-Pirate

MJ is notconsidered a wonder druge there is no such thing.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Gibsonsg527

Thats a pro drug website, not entirely trustworthy eh?DreamnDayUnite
It cites the information from whict it obtained, and beside the articles never said that MJ was 100% safebut its affects have been over exaggerated. No bias.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 jimmyjammer69

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]Weed's not entirely harmless, and people who believe it is on the basis of this kind of propaganda are being duped as much as the handful of imbecilles who took every word of Reefer Madness seriously.foxhound_fox

Compared to the vast majority of all medications available in the world, whether natural, synthetic or a combination of both, THC/marijuana is one of the safest in terms of health effects. Granted, like with anything smoked, it can increase the risk of lung cancer, but using a vapourizer removes any harmful toxic chemicals from the smoke and makes it mostly harmless (except for the psychological effects it has on the brain).

Anything that is abused can cause bodily harm. Hell, too much Tylenol can kill your liver. The important thing everyone needs to remember is "moderation" when it comes to either recreational or medicinal substances... so that their benefits can be utilized without putting unneccessary stress on the body.

I agree - it isn't the devil's weed that some opponents would have people believe. Like cocaine and opiates, Ithere are probably plenty of potential therapeutic applications for isolated cannabinoids (after all, which doctor would prescribe crude, raw opium over synthesised analogues and isolated salts) but let's face it - the vast majority of weed use isn't medicinal in either frequency or extent. Chronic use, particularly among adolescents, can cause severe psychological damage and social problems.

That's not to say that weed's any worse than paracetamol in purely physical effects: I'd expect anyone popping painkillers several times a day to have serious liver and gastric problems by their middle ages, and that's exactly because it's the abuse pattern that causes the problems, not the immediate physical effects of the substance in a vaccuum. Like you say, it's all about responsible use - which is why I don't like this kind of article, because it suggests there's no need to be responsible at all, since there are zero ill effects of abuse.

Also, not to nitpick, but vapes don't completely eliminate tars and harmful constituents; they do reduce inhaled tar by up to 30% over bongs and pipes, which is why "doctors" who prescribe weed suggest them over other smoking apparatus.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#128 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Gibsonsg527

You have obviously not talked to many of the pro-marijuana crowd.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Wow, is there anyone else in this forum that doesn't smoke...

AWildMeowth

I don't smoke, but I'm all for legalizing marijuana.

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#130 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
Always good too see. Marijuana is a very harmless drug with few negatives.
CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 CBR600-RR

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Pixel-Pirate

You have obviously not talked to many of the pro-marijuana crowd.

Wonder drug? :lol:

My know loads of people that smoke it often and don't think that.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 foxhound_fox

Chronic use, particularly among adolescents, can cause severe psychological damage and social problems.jimmyjammer69

Which is also a problem when it comes to any drug under the sun, so I agree.

Also, not to nitpick, but vapes don't completely eliminate tars and harmful constituents; they do reduce inhaled tar by up to 30% over bongs and pipes, which is why "doctors" who prescribe weed suggest them over other smoking apparatus.jimmyjammer69

But then again, walk outside in a place like Los Angeles and Toronto and you'll be breathing in far more toxic chemicals that sitting around a campfire or inhaling straight tobacco or weed smoke will ever put into your system. :P

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#133 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Honestly, I hope they do legalize weed. If only because pot heads would then have absolutely nothing to talk about and they could stop whining all the time.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 foxhound_fox

You have obviously not talked to many of the pro-marijuana crowd.Pixel-Pirate

You have obviously not talked with many non-adolescent members of the pro-marijuana crowd. :?

Just because some say certain things does not mean the entire community says the same things.

Chronic use, particularly among adolescents, can cause severe psychological damage and social problems.jimmyjammer69

Also, not to nitpick, but vapes don't completely eliminate tars and harmful constituents; they do reduce inhaled tar by up to 30% over bongs and pipes, which is why "doctors" who prescribe weed suggest them over other smoking apparatus.jimmyjammer69

But then again, walk outside in a place like Los Angeles and Toronto and you'll be breathing in far more toxic chemicals that sitting around a campfire or inhaling straight tobacco or weed smoke will ever put into your system. :P

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

Did you know tobacco cigarettesare deadlier than Marijuana

DroidPhysX
Cigs don't have that foliage either
Hemaneitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Hemaneitor
Member since 2009 • 185 Posts

Tell that to the idiots who brought down Prop 19, :x

barcx17
Prop 19 would have taken away all the "freedoms" pot users enjoy today. It is in the "pot heads" best interest to not have the use of marijuana institutionalized. For starters, more people would go to jail.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 jimmyjammer69

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]Chronic use, particularly among adolescents, can cause severe psychological damage and social problems.foxhound_fox

Maybe that's true, but I've never heard of, for example, paracetamol exacerbating mental illness. It does seem to be a problem related directly to psychoactive drugs and stimulants.

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]Also, not to nitpick, but vapes don't completely eliminate tars and harmful constituents; they do reduce inhaled tar by up to 30% over bongs and pipes, which is why "doctors" who prescribe weed suggest them over other smoking apparatus.foxhound_fox

Yeah, again, I think the charges raised against weed aren't usually about toxicity though; they've generally been more about mental health or social impact. If the argument were about purely physical harm, the cannabis legalisation opponents wouldn't have a leg to stand on - particularly with the legality of alcohol and nicotine.

DreamnDayUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DreamnDayUnite
Member since 2011 • 428 Posts
Weed's not entirely harmless, and people who believe it is on the basis of this kind of propaganda are being duped as much as the handful of imbecilles who took every word of Reefer Madness seriously.jimmyjammer69
I agree, anyone who says weed is harmless or nearly harmless needs to look at the facts and not propaganda from pro-drug sites like these.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts

AWildMeowth
I don't, so there's at least two of us.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

F*** yeah.t3hrubikscube

This!

Even though I've never smoked it, nor do I ever intend to.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
marijuana is bad mmmkay
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 KeredsBlaze
Always good too see. Marijuana is a very harmless drug with few negatives.LTomlinson21
I loled at this [QUOTE="UCF_Knight"][QUOTE="AWildMeowth"]

I don't, no need to, I have a happy, healthy life as it is
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 foxhound_fox

I loled at this KeredsBlaze

Why? Compared to other legal drugs like alcohol, caffeine and nicotine, and prescription drugs... its basically harmless. For instance, its one of the few that are impossible to overdose on. Hell, you can even overdose on caffeine.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 KeredsBlaze
That doesn't change the fact that it isn't harmless
CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 CBR600-RR

I don't, no need to, I have a happy, healthy life as it isKeredsBlaze

My friends are happy and healthy, they smoke it often.

Go educate yourself on the subject first. ;)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
I think it's a study with a specific agenda in mind....rather see one not so biased.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#148 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
F*** yeah.t3hrubikscube
My sentiments exactly.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

[QUOTE="AWildMeowth"]

UCF_Knight

I never smoked and I couldn't even if I wanted to. Something to do with getting random urinalyses at least once a month where I find out about it about 10 minutes before I'm peeing in a bottle and I have an observer making sure I'm not putting fake stuff in the bottle.

People are going to argue about legalizing it pretty much until their faces turn blue. If it does get legalized they'll just complain about something else.

BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#150 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts
It's so funny that people rally so strongly against it with the same tired arguements. It's dangerous, it's the cause of gang violence, it makes you stupid... Shut it already you Nancy Reagan wannabes. If someone wants to smoke pot then let them smoke pot. Same with crack, cocaine, heroin, ecstacy... If you want to do it, no one should tell you not to. The budget deficit in this country would be erased about 4 minutes after legalizing drugs... We allow gambling, alcohol, and cigarettes, all of which destroy lives and families, but we outlaw a harmless plant. BTW the a main reason MJ was made illegal was because DuPont bought the government and made them outlaw it so as thier cotton-oriented businesses didn't have to compete against the better material of hemp. They also (it is documented) wanted to give it a "Mexican" name to make it sound more evil to the cousin humpers that inhabit America.