2Pac was good, but a fraud. Here is mah point.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PrimordialMeme
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts

I grew up with his music. But I now realize he was killed for a bad culture. He promoted killing and death. You reap what you sow. He became a gangster out of a culture, he was a pop roadie.

He also had beautiful songs. But if you actually examine his history you see that he was adapting to an emerging gangsta rap culture. He was nothing but a Digital Underground roadie to begin with. The culture evolves, and he helped his own demise as I've learned on his VH1 biography.

He was hanging with thugs. He got killed because his crew beat up rivals in a Las Vegas hotel. Its the thuggery he tried to associate himself with, and that built up into a false image, and that led to his death. Its sad.

Felix77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Felix77
Member since 2004 • 1713 Posts
I don't believe that he's dead. How can he still release albums if he's dead!!! :P
IrishPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 IrishPunk
Member since 2003 • 10150 Posts
You don't deserve to die because of lyrics you sing. End of story.
lil_buddy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lil_buddy7
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts
Thug Life...
PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PrimordialMeme

You don't deserve to die because of lyrics you sing. End of story.IrishPunk

He made himself a thug by his own music, I am sorry but its true.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
Can i ask you did you hang out with 2Pac, if not you really don't know what that man stood for, music is one thing but it cant tell a whole persons life, besides the music biz is about making money and he raped about what he knew, i don't think he was supporting killing people. If you believe that then you must have never really heard most of 2pacs good songs.
IrishPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IrishPunk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4RcIeXzy7Uc

(couldn't find the skit+song)

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts

2PAC IS ALIVE!!

IrishPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IrishPunk

[QUOTE="IrishPunk"]You don't deserve to die because of lyrics you sing. End of story.PrimordialMeme

So by logic, all rap singers who sing about gangs deserve to die. Say good bye to most of the influential hip hop of the early 90's.

I really want to believe your posts are sarcastic.

PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PrimordialMeme

Can i ask you did you hang out with 2Pac, if not you really don't know what that man stood for, music is one thing but it cant tell a whole persons life, besides the music biz is about making money and he raped about what he knew, i don't think he was supporting killing people. If you believe that then you must have never really heard most of 2pacs good songs.Dub_c6969

Thats my point. He was victim of the culture, a violent meme he helped create. According to insiders that was the case. If i had a link to the VH1 documentary I'd supply it.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dub_c6969

Look i know you prolly dont like rap but try and listen to this song for just one minute and see if you knew all of 2pacs intentions yea im sure he did some bad things in hes life but im sure he also did some good. When i listened to most of 2pacs songs i never got the sense that he was supporting killing ppl, in most of hes songs he was talking about the black culture needing to change like in this song.

Link to song.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

"TeH Eastside Westside BS has got to end!!" - Snoop(I think) :P

Or was it P diddo?

PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PrimordialMeme
[QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"]

[QUOTE="IrishPunk"]You don't deserve to die because of lyrics you sing. End of story.IrishPunk

So by logic, all rap singers who sing about gangs deserve to die. Say good bye to most of the influential hip hop of the early 90's.

Good music that I LOVE> But the culture was dangerous. Listen to "hit em up"... youtube it. I'd link but its bannable.

But just watch the VH1 documnetary on the history of rap. They attest to this point, insiders who knew him.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dub_c6969

[QUOTE="Dub_c6969"]Can i ask you did you hang out with 2Pac, if not you really don't know what that man stood for, music is one thing but it cant tell a whole persons life, besides the music biz is about making money and he raped about what he knew, i don't think he was supporting killing people. If you believe that then you must have never really heard most of 2pacs good songs.PrimordialMeme

Thats my point. He was victim of the culture, a violent meme he helped create. According to insiders that was the case. If i had a link to the VH1 documentary I'd supply it.

He did not create anything he was just trying to get paid, when my dad used to listen to 2pac he never mentioned he wanted to be like him, go sell dope, or "kill ppl". he just liked what he had to say about changing certain things and liked listening to he's music.

Im sure 2pac had to do some of he's fair share of "gangsta" songs but he had too or else he would prolly be labeled a softie but most of hes other songs were for the better, therefore don't judge him on only a song or two that you heard, go listen to all hes albums then comeback and comment on him and then I could take you a little bit more serious.

Look if you don't like or understand rap i don't think you should make such bold comments about a man you don't even really know, that's like me saying KISS is evil and they are devil worshipers and they give young kids crack after the show, i don't like ROCK or KISS and I have never ever listened to their music or rock or heavy metal so i would never be in a position to say such a thing.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dub_c6969
[QUOTE="IrishPunk"][QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"]

[QUOTE="IrishPunk"]You don't deserve to die because of lyrics you sing. End of story.PrimordialMeme

Good music that I LOVE> But the culture was dangerous. Listen to "hit em up"... youtube it. I'd link but its bannable.

But just watch the VH1 documnetary on the history of rap. They attest to this point, insiders who knew him.

See thats what i mean you only focus on the negative, you need to listen to more of hes songs and focus on the positive.
The_Mac_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Mac_Daddy
Member since 2008 • 2401 Posts
[QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"][QUOTE="IrishPunk"][QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"]

[QUOTE="IrishPunk"]You don't deserve to die because of lyrics you sing. End of story.Dub_c6969

See thats what i mean you only focus on the negative, you need to listen to more of hes songs and focus on the positive.

Not just his music, but the life****he lived. Most rappers just rap the songs, and thats as far as it goes. 2pac felt he had to live the life he rapped about. He was in a shootout, beat up a crip gang member with his crew, and more we probably don't even know about.

He was basically a hypocrite.

Having said that I do love his music.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dub_c6969
[QUOTE="Dub_c6969"][QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"][QUOTE="IrishPunk"][QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"]

[QUOTE="IrishPunk"]You don't deserve to die because of lyrics you sing. End of story.The_Mac_Daddy

Not just his music, but the life****he lived. Most rappers just rap the songs, and thats as far as it goes. 2pac felt he had to live the life he rapped about. He was in a shootout, beat up a crip gang member with his crew, and more we probably don't even know about.

He did not live the life of what he rapped about he rapped about the life he was living, there is a difference in that, im sure he was living that way since he was a kid and then started rapping about in when he turned adult, if you were living "thug life" for that long it would be kind of hard to change.
The_Mac_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Mac_Daddy
Member since 2008 • 2401 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Mac_Daddy"][QUOTE="Dub_c6969"][QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"][QUOTE="IrishPunk"][QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"]

[QUOTE="IrishPunk"]You don't deserve to die because of lyrics you sing. End of story.Dub_c6969

He did not live the life of what he raped about he raped about the life he was living, there is a difference in that, im sure he was living that way since he was a kid and then started rapping about in when he turned adult, if you were living "thug life" for that long it would be kind of hard to change.

No, no no. You got it backwards. 2pac was just the opposite from most rappers. He tried to live the life he rapped about. He didn't get into ANY trouble until after he got famous. He used to go to baltimore school for the arts, he liked dancing, he took acting ****s, wrote poetry, etc. After he became famous, he started getting in trouble. While writing rap music, he moved to Oakland to "get closer to the game".

2pac attempted to live the life he rapped about, he didn't rap about the life he had been through.

PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PrimordialMeme

He did not live the life of what he rapped about he rapped about the life he was living, there is a difference in that
Dub_c6969

A fine line to b e g i n with.

If you hear the people around him, to this day. they admit he modeled himself around a thug culture. It was his associates that got him killed.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dub_c6969
[QUOTE="Dub_c6969"][QUOTE="The_Mac_Daddy"][QUOTE="Dub_c6969"][QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"][QUOTE="IrishPunk"][QUOTE="PrimordialMeme"]

[QUOTE="IrishPunk"]You don't deserve to die because of lyrics you sing. End of story.The_Mac_Daddy

He did not live the life of what he raped about he raped about the life he was living, there is a difference in that, im sure he was living that way since he was a kid and then started rapping about in when he turned adult, if you were living "thug life" for that long it would be kind of hard to change.

No, no no. You got it backwards. 2pac was just the opposite from most rappers. He tried to live the life he rapped about. He didn't get into ANY trouble until after he got famous. He used to go to baltimore school for the arts, he liked dancing, he took acting ****s, wrote poetry, etc. After he became famous, he started getting in trouble. While writing rap music, he moved to Oakland to "get closer to the game".

2pac attempted to live the life he rapped about, he didn't rap about the life he had been through.

I guess, well if he was like that, according to the TC i guess he tried killing multiple ppl, since that is what he rapped about or "promoted". Stop getting your info from WIKI.
iSpray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iSpray
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts

He said himself that he never was a gangsta... he just associated with them or something like that

CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CIoud_S
Member since 2007 • 3216 Posts
Wrong.....2pac wasn't even good....:|
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
I don't think he was a fake thug like you're suggesting -.- I think he was either really killed or the governmen said "Yo you're promoting this crap, here's a billion dollars - go live in paradise and we'll fake your death" :oops: but i have no evidence for that rofl, i'm just suggesting.
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts

Wrong.....2pac wasn't even good....:|CIoud_S

I agree 'cause he was the greatest, THE GREATEST rapper of all time.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
2Pac was a great person
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

[QUOTE="CIoud_S"]Wrong.....2pac wasn't even good....:|flowdee79

I agree 'cause he was the greatest, THE GREATEST rapper of all time.

haha agreed

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
I don't think it was necessarily his lyrics more than what label he was signed too. Considering the owner is a complete lunatic and is now in jail for murdering people.
Welis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Welis
Member since 2004 • 1431 Posts

His songs will forever be in the history of Rap music, even himself. Tupac, or if you mind me say Makavelli/Shakur is a great person. Most of the Rappers today are greedy but i am not going to mention who. However, Tupac did a lot of great thing for the society, and for himself. His songs are ment to reflect the black community, how life in the ghetto is and how being a black person is.

Moreover, his songs are about racism, politics, violence, thug life/ghetto life in a good way.So have to say Tupac is the greatest rapper in the world.

bad-wolf-2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 bad-wolf-2k8
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts

I don't believe that he's dead. How can he still release albums if he's dead!!! :PFelix77

its because hhe has recorded so much that stuff is still hidden in a vault. there is new leaks for his trakz all the time iff u look on the right websites. he isnt releasing them its his record company thats relesing them. at least thats what av gatherd over the past 3 years off listing to his music

life goes on

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
I don't know much about the life he lived. But his songs weren't just about promoting the gangsta life, many times it was the complete opposite.
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
everyone quit that 2pac is alive bs. That fool is dead strait up.
Moridin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Moridin18
Member since 2007 • 203 Posts

He sexually assulated a women. and was convicted. (He even used "I'm rich I don't have to rape women" defense in a interview. That is the most played out line of those in power who assualt women)

(but lets donw play cause the women he assualted was a black women. No race cards to play here.)

He rapped about racism and yet he seems down with sexism. Of course the culture of today is all about B&*^es and hoes, internet porn, sex on every street corner, and then turning around and complaining about racism.

He jumped a man with a mob of people on the last day he was alive.WHat kinda of POS does that. That is a punk and a coward. Typical gansta coward.

That is modern hero? and people wonder why our society is so violent, obsessed with porn and broken.

He got what was coming to him. He was a wannabe even though he did not come from the suburbs.

Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts
Tupac is alive. He's in Area 51.
R0cky_Racc00n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R0cky_Racc00n
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts
Lots of music stars are reckless. In fact, all of your heroes are. Judge him by his music.
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
TC you have no right whatsoever to call a rap legend a fraud and neither does anyone else.
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
Wrong.....2pac wasn't even good....:|CIoud_S
you forgot to add, IN MY OPINION. there's a big difference.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

[QUOTE="CIoud_S"]Wrong.....2pac wasn't even good....:|C_BozkurT_C
you forgot to add, IN MY OPINION. there's a big difference.

TC you have no right whatsoever to call a rap legend a fraud and neither does anyone else.C_BozkurT_C
IN YOUR OPINION.

See what I did there?

Every post doesn't need IMO since its obvious its his opinion since its coming from his post.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts
Am i the only one who thinks that Immortal Technique is better based on content? He actually cares about the issues and hes extremly intelligent, and he's not a hypocrite. Immortal Tech makes Tupac's commentary sound soft.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

Am i the only one who thinks that Immortal Technique is better based on content? He actually cares about the issues and hes extremly intelligent, and he's not a hypocrite. Immortal Tech makes Tupac's commentary sound soft.p2rus
Political Rap is so tiresome.

It is so boring to listen to after you hear it a few times.

R0cky_Racc00n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R0cky_Racc00n
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts
Am i the only one who thinks that Immortal Technique is better based on content? He actually cares about the issues and hes extremly intelligent, and he's not a hypocrite. Immortal Tech makes Tupac's commentary sound soft.p2rus
IT is bad in that a lot of stuff he says is too wacky and untrue. That's not to say everything, but mostly about the 911 stuff. Tupac was better than IT also because his content was much more varied and more emotional. Also, I don't understand how Tupac doesn't care about the issues.
p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts

[QUOTE="p2rus"]Am i the only one who thinks that Immortal Technique is better based on content? He actually cares about the issues and hes extremly intelligent, and he's not a hypocrite. Immortal Tech makes Tupac's commentary sound soft.R0cky_Racc00n
IT is bad in that a lot of stuff he says is too wacky and untrue. That's not to say everything, but mostly about the 911 stuff. Tupac was better than IT also because his content was much more varied and more emotional. Also, I don't understand how Tupac doesn't care about the issues.

No i disagree about the 911 things he says but a lot of the other stuff he says in harlem streets, leaving the past, etc... i just understand where hes coming from on the imperialistic front / american companies.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
How could he be dead if i'm having some tacos with him right now?
NoNam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NoNam3r
Member since 2004 • 831 Posts

wow if u listened to his music u would know that he was a thug before he became a rapper

listen to the song Until The End of Time

freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts

He was pretty young man give him a break, That was the 90s. Things were different.

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
tupac is alive on an island smoking weed
RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#46 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts

I could've sworn he said he was a thug because he came from the ghetto