2014 FIFA World Cup

#104 Posted by deeliman (3803 posts) -

If we win against spain I have hope that we can finally win this year.

#105 Edited by sonicare (55925 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Brutal_Elitegs: Agreed. Still, I like them more than Spain. Boring as **** to watch.

@grahamruthven: .@ESPN_JorgeRamos reporting USA has been told by World Cup Organising Committee to be ready should Qatar be stripped of 2022 tournament

Looks like the Americans might get the 2022 WC. Will definitely be going.

I was just watching this episode of Real Sports where they talked about how wasteful hosting these events are. Either FIFA WC or OLympics. Apparently, Brazil spent billions and the people there are getting pissed because other social programs go unfunded. Hopefully, if USA gets it, they use more private money. Maybe the Koch brothers can subsidize it.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
#106 Posted by WolfgarTheQuiet (483 posts) -

Well Serbia fucked it, so go Aussies

#107 Posted by Perfect_Blue (30488 posts) -

@sonicare said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@Brutal_Elitegs: Agreed. Still, I like them more than Spain. Boring as **** to watch.

@grahamruthven: .@ESPN_JorgeRamos reporting USA has been told by World Cup Organising Committee to be ready should Qatar be stripped of 2022 tournament

Looks like the Americans might get the 2022 WC. Will definitely be going.

I was just watching this episode of Real Sports where they talked about how wasteful hosting these events are. Either FIFA WC or OLympics. Apparently, Brazil spent billions and the people there are getting pissed because other social programs go unfunded. Hopefully, if USA gets it, they use more private money. Maybe the Koch brothers can subsidize it.

The US wouldn't need to do anything; all the infrastructure is already in place. It would be the most cost effective WC possible.

#108 Posted by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

You gotta love the way ESPN just glossed over the fact that part of the Mexico/Cameroon stadium might collapse.

#109 Edited by PcGamingRig (7383 posts) -

Just hope this Mexico/Cameroon game will be a goal fest. :)

#111 Posted by PcGamingRig (7383 posts) -

@Desmonic: yes, and that.

#112 Edited by marcheegsr (3113 posts) -

Lets go Italia. Forza Azzuri!

#114 Edited by PcGamingRig (7383 posts) -

Lol, not a good start.

Goal should of stood, onside.

#116 Edited by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Master_Live said:

You gotta love the way ESPN just glossed over the fact that part of the Mexico/Cameroon stadium might collapse.

Wait, wut? For real? O.o? I know like half of them are yet to be fully completed, but is there really any remote chance it could collapse?

Safety Concerns at Brazil Stadium Before Cup Match

From the article:

Firefighters in the World Cup city of Natal said they were concerned about some safety problems in the stadium set to host a match on Friday even as a bus strike in the city forced officials to scramble to find alternative transportation for some fans.

Lt. Christiano Couceiro told the UOL news portal that a Thursday inspection of the Arena das Dunas found some problems, including some missing guardrails to keep fans from falling and temporary seating that wasn't bolted to the structure.

He also said that an area with 11,000 temporary seats had not yet been inspected by his department. Mexico was scheduled to take on Cameroon at 1 p.m. local time (noon EDT; 1600 GMT) in the stadium.

Inspectors returned to the stadium early Friday, but Couceiro said FIFA officials barred them from entering the stadium.

The fire official said he reported his findings to the Rio Grande do Norte state security secretariat and told them that "any incident that occurs in the stadium will be the responsibility of the organizers."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#119 Posted by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

Refs have been doing a great job so far this World Cup.

#120 Edited by PcGamingRig (7383 posts) -

Another disallowed goal. That one was offside though, IMO.

Even though the Cameroon player touched it last I think the rule is it has to be a deliberate act from the Cameroon player for it to count as onside. He was just trying to head it away and didn't get enough on it.

I maybe wrong.

#122 Posted by PcGamingRig (7383 posts) -

@Desmonic: ah yeah, forgot it was a corner so the touch from a Mexico player was the only thing that could of affected it.

#124 Posted by Perfect_Blue (30488 posts) -

LOL the Mexicans getting screwed by the ref. That Cameroonian should have got at least a yellow for that slap to the face.

#125 Edited by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

I watch play on Univision but I choose not to trust Univision half time analysis of a Mexico game. Soooooooo, ESPN guys tell me that the game should be 2-0 or at the very least 1-0 Mexico.

#127 Posted by PcGamingRig (7383 posts) -

gooooal 1-0! (3-0)

#128 Posted by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Long live Univision!

#130 Edited by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

Sometimes you gotta put the toothbrush away.

#132 Edited by Perfect_Blue (30488 posts) -

Good performance by the Mexicans.

Shame that Dos Santos doesn't play like this for his club.

#134 Posted by elkoldo (1800 posts) -

Something tells me Holland is gonna cap Spain's ass tonight.Man ,Spain is just a pile of wreck this time around.

#135 Posted by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

I guess there must be no new World Cup theme since I haven't hear it anywhere like last time. Or it must suck. Hit it Shakira!

Loading Video...

#138 Edited by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

I guess the Dutch shouldn't pass the ball to #4, he seems like he doesn't want to play, just keeps passing the ball back.

#141 Posted by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

What a beautiful header.

#142 Posted by comp_atkins (34684 posts) -

wow.

#144 Edited by elkoldo (1800 posts) -
@Desmonic said:
@elkoldo said:

Something tells me Holland is gonna cap Spain's ass tonight.Man ,Spain is just a pile of wreck this time around.

lolno

1-0, Spain leading already :P Blame Robben for missing an easy shot very early on.

Hey who's loling now ?! :P

Seriously, van Persie's header was worth a million penalties.

I repeat, not to sound like a sadist, but Holland is gonna cap Spain's ass :P

#146 Posted by johnd13 (9344 posts) -

Van Persie is an amazing player. Excellent header. Go Netherlands!

#149 Edited by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

3 games, at least three bad, score altering calls by the refs. Lets play a game, you have to identify each horrible call by the refs on World Cup game.