2014 FIFA World Cup

#501 Posted by PcGamingRig (7383 posts) -

What a goal by Gervinho.

#502 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@lightleggy said:

Lmao world champions and they didn't even made it out of the first round, didn't even won a game, wth is wrong with Spain?

This is a ridiculously interesting world cop, love how unpredictable everything has been.

Been saying it for a long time, Spain were lucky last WC, and during Euro 12 they only played a good match during the finals. Spain is over the top and don't have any good players anymore. Brazil and Germany is where its at

#503 Edited by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lightleggy said:

Lmao world champions and they didn't even made it out of the first round, didn't even won a game, wth is wrong with Spain?

This is a ridiculously interesting world cop, love how unpredictable everything has been.

Been saying it for a long time, Spain were lucky last WC, and during Euro 12 they only played a good match during the finals. Spain is over the top and don't have any good players anymore. Brazil and Germany is where its at

Tbh Brazil haven't impressed me so far either. They don't seem to have any real plan when playing, just rely on Neymar, Oscar and Marcelo to make that one move that's gonna create a chance. As they're playing right now I doubt they'll be able to surpass teams like Germany or Netherlands.

#504 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lightleggy said:

Tbh Brazil haven't impressed me so far either. They don't seem to have any real plan when playing, just rely on Neymar, Oscar and Marcelo to make that one move that's gonna create a chance. As they're playing right now I doubt they'll be able to surpass teams like Germany or Netherlands.

Well Fred and Jo are pathetic, so they need Hulk. But they played well against Croatia and they played well against Mexico aswell

#506 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

England is typical loser England in another great tournament.

#507 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10701 posts) -

lol at England.

#508 Posted by musicalmac (24889 posts) -

England is a bad side, and they've been a bad side for a while. I don't know if the FIFA rankings have ever been more wrong.

#509 Posted by PcGamingRig (7383 posts) -

So disappointing, especially because we played 10x better than that against Italy.

Barely any movement, just standing on the ball trying to pass to people who are standing still.

And both Uruguay goals came from a midfield error.

We can still go through if Italy beat Costa Rica and Uruguay but I don't really want to after that performance.

We looked a bit better in the second half, but you have to kind of wonder why they don't play well all the time. With the players we have we should be much better but for England they always seem to go to s***.

#511 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

Greece against Japan is next. I really really hope we'll win. The Japanese are a faster team than us so it's not going to be easy.

#512 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

Red card!

#513 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58756 posts) -
@musicalmac said:

England is a bad side, and they've been a bad side for a while. I don't know if the FIFA rankings have ever been more wrong.

Because they account for qualifying, in which we were unbeaten.

#514 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Red card!

Surprisingly we're playing a little better after that lol.

#515 Posted by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -
@musicalmac said:

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, Rooney could have had a hat trick and Uruguay were lucky not to see a man walk. We had much more possession and chances imo.

#516 Edited by SolidSnake35 (58756 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:
@musicalmac said:

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, Rooney could have had a hat trick and Uruguay were lucky not to see a man walk. We had much more possession and chances imo.

People think England are world beaters, criticize them for losing and then praise outsiders for wiping their own arse. Such is sport.

Had England qualified from this group, would their critics have commended such an achievement by what is, according their knowledge, a poor team? I guess not. It's easy to be a critic when the results are in.

#517 Edited by sonicare (55326 posts) -

@SolidSnake35 said:

@hoosier7 said:
@musicalmac said:

People think England are world beaters, criticize them for losing and then praise outsiders for wiping their own arse. Such is sport.

Have you heard of the ABE?

#518 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58756 posts) -

@sonicare said:

@SolidSnake35 said:

@hoosier7 said:
@musicalmac said:

Have you heard of the ABE?

Nope

#519 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Red card!

Surprisingly we're playing a little better after that lol.

I still don't think Greece is going to win, at best a draw

#520 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

And a draw it is. At least we still have our chances to qualify(yes I still hope). A win against Ivory Coast is a must in five days!

#521 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

And a draw it is. At least we still have our chances to qualify(yes I still hope). A win against Ivory Coast is a must in five days!

That's not going to happen mate, japan lost against Ivory Coast

#522 Posted by sonicare (55326 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

Japan isnt that good nor is Ivory Coast.

#523 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@sonicare said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

Drogba, Gervinho, Toure, Kalou are all better players than anything on Greece

#524 Edited by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sonicare said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

They may be a better team but they're not Germany or Brazil. From what I've seen so far neither Colombia nor Japan were anything really special. A lot can happen in 90 mins - I hope you'll be wrong. :P

#525 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sonicare said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

They may be a better team but they're not Germany or Brazil. From what I've seen so far neither Colombia nor Japan were anything really special. A lot can happen in 90 mins - I hope you'll be wrong. :P

Gekas missing an open goal. Greece doesn't really have anyone good except for Sokratis and your other striker

#526 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sonicare said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

Gekas missing an open goal. Greece doesn't really have anyone good except for Sokratis and your other striker

This is true though I'll add Karagounis and Samaras to the list. Our strength has always been our team spirit and not individual players. Like I said we'll pursue our chances and see where it'll get us. It is no failure if we don't make it, we're up against objectively better teams.

In the 2012 European Cup we had a draw with Poland, loss with Czech Rep. and we managed to win in our last match in the group with 1-0 against Russia(vastly superior team) and so made it to the next round.

#527 Posted by Jacanuk (11591 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

England isn't a bad side and results don't lie so the FIFA rankings can't be wrong.

But the problem with England is that they seem to be afraid to send their old stars out and send a bad performing star player on the bench. Also not forgetting that Hodgson are using Rooney completely wrong.

#528 Posted by elkoldo (1775 posts) -

Oh I'm so glad Costa Rica is smashing my prediction.

#529 Edited by Brutal_Elitegs (16425 posts) -

We're going home, we're going home, we're going, England's going home.

#530 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@johnd13: The reason Greece also won in 2004 was because of the superior tactics of Ottmar Hitzfeld

#531 Posted by sibu_xgamer (340 posts) -

So happy for my country: Costa Rica :)

#532 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: You mean Otto Rehhagel. :P

#533 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Wasn't it Hitzfeld? My mistake then

#534 Edited by elkoldo (1775 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:
@johnd13 said:

General Hitzfeld is coaching Switzerland,who are gonna ice France tonight :P

#536 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

Bye, bye England, Costa Rica are through with just a point against England

#537 Edited by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:
@johnd13 said:

Why's everyone so sure of the Swiss? :O

#538 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

lol the french are already 2-0 winning

#539 Posted by elkoldo (1775 posts) -

@johnd13: Mainly because Costa Rica ,another average team ,iced Italy ,a monster.

#540 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

@elkoldo: That ain't gonna happen all the time mate. ;)

#541 Posted by Hiddai (6110 posts) -

France is eating Switzerland. Awesome.

#542 Posted by elkoldo (1775 posts) -

@johnd13: Yes ,it seems that way :/

#543 Posted by Hiddai (6110 posts) -

@johnd13:

Do you see any chance for your country to move on to the qualifying round. Very boring game against Japan...

#544 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

@Hiddai: lol it was pretty boring yeah but we had a couple of good chances to score. If we win against Ivory Coast and Japan don't win against Colombia(and I think they won't) then we'll move to the next round! It's not easy but we can hope, at least we're still alive in our group, other teams like Spain and England are already out.

#545 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:
@johnd13 said:

Yup, it sure looks like it LOL

#546 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

4-0 to France, holy shit

#547 Posted by elkoldo (1775 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@elkoldo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:
@johnd13 said:

I mean ,they were "meant" to ice France :D

#548 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@elkoldo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:
@johnd13 said:

I mean ,they were "meant" to ice France :D

5-0, yeah it's not going to happen :P

#549 Edited by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -

I knew France were going to do well, would like to see them go all the way. Been absolutely destroying Switzerland, 5 different goalscorers as well.

#550 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

WTF! He blows the whistle when he scores?