deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

It's insane how many classic albums came out that year. There's no chance in hell that the stars will align like that again 30 years ago!!! I mean just look at this list can you find a year more impressive then it?

In no order.

• Metallica- Black Album
  • Pearl Jam- Ten
  • Micheal Jackson-Dangerous
  • Red Hot Chilli Peppers- Blood, Sex, Magik
  • Guns N' Roses- Use your Illusions double albums
  • SoundGarden- Badmotorfinger
  • The Smashing Pumpkins- Gish
  • R.E.M. -Out of Time
  • Nirvana- Nevermind
  • Temple of the Dog- Self tilted

I'm sure I'm forgetting alot but these are the huge ones that comes to mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

Led Zeppelin – "Led Zeppelin"/Led Zeppelin II;" The Beatles – "Abbey Road;" The Rolling Stones – "Let It Bleed;" Creedence Clearwater Revival – "Green River;" The Who – "Tommy;" King Crimson – "In the Court of the Crimson King;" Captain Beefheart – "Trout Mask Replica;" Neil Young – "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere;" Isaac Hayes – "Hot Buttered Soul;" Dusty Springfield – "Dusty in Memphis;" MC5 – "Kick Out The Jams;" Santana – "Santana;" The Stooges – "The Stooges;" " Bob Dylan – "Nashville Sky"

Woodstock was also that year.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@thenation said:

Led Zeppelin – "Led Zeppelin"/Led Zeppelin II;" The Beatles – "Abbey Road;" The Rolling Stones – "Let It Bleed;" Creedence Clearwater Revival – "Green River;" The Who – "Tommy;" King Crimson – "In the Court of the Crimson King;" Captain Beefheart – "Trout Mask Replica;" Neil Young – "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere;" Isaac Hayes – "Hot Buttered Soul;" Dusty Springfield – "Dusty in Memphis;" MC5 – "Kick Out The Jams;" Santana – "Santana;" The Stooges – "The Stooges;" " Bob Dylan – "Nashville Sky"

Woodstock was also that year.

Amazing list but I still think the 90's was better IMO because it was a culture shift from hair bands to grunge music and alternative rock it was a game changer but nonetheless 69 was solid AF.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Probably not your cup of tea, but, classic hip hop albums;

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

Geto Boys - We Can't be Stopped

MC Hammer - Too Legit 2 Quit

2Pac - 2Pacalypse Now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@shellcase86 said:

Probably not your cup of tea, but, classic hip hop albums;

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

Geto Boys - We Can't be Stopped

MC Hammer - Too Legit 2 Quit

2Pac - 2Pacalypse Now

I like some rap I know NWA put a album out that year too but I don't think I can the same name here but it does have one of my favorite songs from them on that album.

Loading Video...

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

With you with R.E.M and Nirvana.

• The KLF - The White Room
  • Public Enemy - The Enemy Strikes Back
  • Cream Live ('95) - Graeme Park & Pete Tong
  • Anything by Madness - One Step Beyond my fav
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#7  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

1991: The Most Important Year in Pop-Music History

1991: The Most Important Year in Pop-Music History

Historical, musical, and quantitative evidence shows that the rise of rap is the most important thing that has ever happened to the genre.

By Derek Thompson

May 8, 2015

On June 22, 1991, Billboard announced a new album had surpassed Out of Time, by R.E.M., to become the most popular in the country. It was N****z4life, by N.W.A., which had debuted the previous week at number 2 and sold nearly a million copies in its first seven days. Billboard had published an album chart for 45 years, but this marked a historic week: It was the first time that a rap group claimed the top spot on the Billboard 200.

For several years, music historians have considered this, the consecration of rap on mainstream music charts, the watershed moment in modern music, marking the death of hard rock and the dawn of a period where hip-hop has merged with several genres, including country, dance, and even alt-rock, to become the modern sound of pop.

Now the theory gets some quantitative cred. New analysis from researchers in the United Kingdom, who studied the chord structure and sounds of 17,000 songs in last half-century, determined that 1991 marked the most significant revolution in the history of modern pop music. The rise of rap and hip-hop, they authors wrote, marked “the single most important event that has shaped the musical structure of the American charts."

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

As a big trip/hip-hop fan, 1994 is my year

• Illmatic - Nas
  • Dummy - Portishead
  • To The Death - M.O.P.
  • Protection - Massive Attack
  • Strictly Turntabalized - DJ Krush
  • Downward Spiral - NIN
  • Ill Communication - Beastie Boys

I'm not big into alternative, but many see it as the greatest year

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/1994-the-40-best-records-from-mainstream-alternatives-greatest-year-29203/

coolkid125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 coolkid125
Member since 2019 • 12 Posts

@warmblur: your forgetting about Will Smith, and Blaque & Destiny's Child

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58914 Posts

Yea, REM passed me back then, just started listening to them now, pretty dope. Love the music video for Losing My Religion as well. They tried to film it with him static but it didn't work, so he suggested "dancing in his own way" and ended up with these weird, almost autistic like mannerisms that just makes it all the better.

Loading Video...

Kinda hate a lot music now. Think it's the whole reality TV crap popularized where it's basically glorified Karaoke singers ready to do covers of songs they didn't make. It was pretty obvious in the UK.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@uninspiredcup said:

Yea, REM passed me back then, just started listening to them now, pretty dope. Love the music video for Losing My Religion as well. They tried to film it with him static but it didn't work, so he suggested "dancing in his own way" and ended up with these weird, almost autistic like mannerisms that just makes it all the better.

Loading Video...

Kinda hate a lot music now. Think it's the whole reality TV crap popularized where it's basically glorified Karaoke singers ready to do covers of songs they didn't make. It was pretty obvious in the UK.

I hate modern music too and I agree about those stupid reality trash tv shows like American Idol hurt the music industry. I also blame the rise of internet it seems like any idiot can get a record deal now back in the day it seemed alot harder. It's probably just nostalgia talking but before the internet took off and music videos where a big deal on TV music just seemed better. Not completely though it really took a nose dive in the 00's and never got better if anything it's much, much worst IMO. I guess I have just reached that age where I only like the stuff I grew up on and can't relate to todays music.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#12 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

1991 was starting to be the downfall of rock’n roll.