15 year old Wisconsin republican gets bullied by teachers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]He seems like a good kid. His only flaw is his support for the public school system, which is irrational because welfare programs like that attract liberals by necessity. They are politically biased institutions.worlock77

You get more asinine by the day.

Are you denying that state-employed teachers tend to be democrats? Have you been to a public school recently?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

The right wing these days seems to thrive on being "persecuted."

MakeMeaSammitch

Are you serious? Every large civil rights movment in the past century has been by left wingers. They devote their entire lives to complaining about being persecuted.

to be fair, black people and women sort of were persecuted.

It's low even by your standards to put down the civil rights movement.

That quote is going in my blog

Laihendi has put down the Civil Rights movement plenty of times before.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#153 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Abusing their position within the school yes, bullying no. Being taken aside and losing his own time on the instruction of a teacher is just wrong but he could walk away, he had no obligation to stand and listen to the teacher ranting on and the principle appeared to have been decent. Just a whiny teen who thinks the world is against him.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

The right wing these days seems to thrive on being "persecuted."

Laihendi

Are you serious? Every large civil rights movment in the past century has been by left wingers. They devote their entire lives to complaining about being persecuted.

Except racism, sexism and homophobia are real forms of persecusion. 

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]He seems like a good kid. His only flaw is his support for the public school system, which is irrational because welfare programs like that attract liberals by necessity. They are politically biased institutions.Laihendi

Are you denying that state-employed teachers tend to be democrats? Have you been to a public school recently?

Granted I haven't been to school since the mid 90s, but from what I recall my teachers tended to be a pretty faix mix of political ideologies. That's not even the most asinine part of your post however. The most asinine part is you calling the public school system a welfare program.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#156 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

We need to stop feeding Laihendi, guys.

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Teachers / Professors are always going to be biased towards their own viewpoint....The best academic decision I made was to pretend to think like they do and translate it to my papers.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

GreySeal9
Lai is a treasure
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 worlock77

Teachers / Professors are always going to be biased towards their own viewpoint....UnknownSniper65

Who's viewpoint would they be biased towards if not their own?

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
His geography teacher told him he was stupid, misguided, and wrong for being active in the local political scene? I dont believe that for a second. I may come from a small town in Western Maryland, but I have never had a teacher belittle anybody for there choice in after school activities. Nearly all of the teachers took an interest in our personal lives if we were open to discussing them. They just wanted us to succeed in whatever we wanted to do. Sure, there are the few idiot teachers but honestly? I dont believe the kid. I know its not like this everywhere, which is a shame, but I really have trouble believing the boy.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7B2DfjQKKQ lets make bullying kill its self, lets shove its face in the dirt and make bullying kill its self.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

The right wing these days seems to thrive on being "persecuted." I think they do it to distract from the real persecution that comes from their side of the aisle, like trying to stop gays from getting married and what not. If they had good arguments/policies/values, they wouldn't have to rely so much on whining about the oh so mean liberals! :cry:

GreySeal9
What makes a good argument? What makes a good value? Good is subjective and what one person considers good can very well be thought of as garbage by someone else and it happens on this forum more often than not. There are many threads on this forum attacking conservatives for being naive or just plain stupid, yet when someone tries to show the opposite side of the coin, they get lambasted as having stupid or dumb ideas. That just goes to show the hypocrisy of OT liberals here, just as you have shown your hypocrisy in this thread. Liberals, all inclusive my rear end.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 dave123321
[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

The right wing these days seems to thrive on being "persecuted." I think they do it to distract from the real persecution that comes from their side of the aisle, like trying to stop gays from getting married and what not. If they had good arguments/policies/values, they wouldn't have to rely so much on whining about the oh so mean liberals! :cry:

WhiteKnight77
What makes a good argument? What makes a good value? Good is subjective and what one person considers good can very well be thought of as garbage by someone else and it happens on this forum more often than not. There are many threads on this forum attacking conservatives for being naive or just plain stupid, yet when someone tries to show the opposite side of the coin, they get lambasted as having stupid or dumb ideas. That just goes to show the hypocrisy of OT liberals here, just as you have shown your hypocrisy in this thread. Liberals, all inclusive my rear end.

I am very inclusive
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

Teachers / Professors are always going to be biased towards their own viewpoint....worlock77

Who's viewpoint would they be biased towards if not their own?

The medias?
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 dave123321
[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

WhiteKnight77

You are what you complain about it seems to me.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Granted I haven't been to school since the mid 90s, but from what I recall my teachers tended to be a pretty faix mix of political ideologies. That's not even the most asinine part of your post however. The most asinine part is you calling the public school system a welfare program.

Public education is a "free" service provided by the government, paid for by someone else. Please explain how that is different from any other welfare program. If the government subsidizes something to make it available for anyone who claims a need for it, then that is a welfare program.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Laihendi

GreySeal9
Of course you would want the person undermining your world view to be quiet so you can keep living in your liberal fantasy.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]He seems like a good kid. His only flaw is his support for the public school system, which is irrational because welfare programs like that attract liberals by necessity. They are politically biased institutions.Laihendi

People with degrees are much more likely to be democrat.

Probably has to do with being educated ;)

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Are you denying that state-employed teachers tend to be democrats? Have you been to a public school recently?Laihendi

Public education is a "free" service provided by the government, paid for by someone else. Please explain how that is different from any other welfare program. If the government subsidizes something to make it available for anyone who claims a need for it, then that is a welfare program.

poor people need educations too.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/Politics_and_Profession just gonna to leave this here.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#174 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Laihendi

Of course you would want the person undermining your world view to be quiet so you can keep living in your liberal fantasy.

lmao accuses others of living in a fantasy. amazing

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Laihendi

MakeMeaSammitch

Statistics seem to indicate otherwise.

2011-typology-s3-09.png

Democrats are the least educated group.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Are you denying that state-employed teachers tend to be democrats? Have you been to a public school recently?Laihendi

2011-typology-s3-09.png

solid liberals seem to have the highest number of college grads....

m'kay

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Everyone pays into it, everyone can take advantage of it. That's not welfare you dipsh*t.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]People with degrees are much more likely to be democrat.

MakeMeaSammitch

2011-typology-s3-09.png

m'kay

Many degrees are worthless things like sociology that are designed to instill a worldview rather than actually provide a practical skill, so it is to be expected that extreme liberals would be well represented by those graduated college. Do you think a man like Hank Rearden needs to go to college? Of course not. The point is that libertarians are very well represented among college graduates (the 2nd best after extreme liberals) and that is despite the institutions being clearly biased in favour of liberals, and being designed to instill a liberal world-view.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Laihendi

worlock77

Everyone pays into it, everyone can take advantage of it. That's not welfare you dipsh*t.

Please tell me who pays into and takes advantage of social security, medicare, medicaid, etc. You are really floundering right now. "financial or other assistance to an individual or family from a city, state, or national government: Thousands of jobless people in this city would starve if it weren't for welfare." - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/welfare?s=t It is interesting how the dictionary seems to contradict what you are saying.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Public education is a "free" service provided by the government, paid for by someone else. Please explain how that is different from any other welfare program. If the government subsidizes something to make it available for anyone who claims a need for it, then that is a welfare program.Laihendi

Please tell me who pays into and takes advantage of social security, medicare, medicaid, etc. You are really floundering right now. "financial or other assistance to an individual or family from a city, state, or national government: Thousands of jobless people in this city would starve if it weren't for welfare." - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/welfare?s=t It is interesting how the dictionary seems to contradict what you are saying.

Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are not what's at question here. Public schools are. Your attempts at deflection are pathetic.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Laihendi

worlock77

Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are not what's at question here. Public schools are. Your attempts at deflection are pathetic.

:lol: I am not deflecting anything, that is actually exactly what you are doing. Defining welfare as "financial or other assistance to an individual or family from a city, state, or national government", please explain how public education is not welfare. Please explain how the government is not providing financial assistance to people by offering them a "free" education, paid for by someone else. Please answer the question.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]Statistics seem to indicate otherwise.

2011-typology-s3-09.png

Laihendi

m'kay

Many degrees are worthless things like sociology that are designed to instill a worldview rather than actually provide a practical skill, so it is to be expected that extreme liberals would be well represented by those graduated college. Do you think a man like Hank Rearden needs to go to college? Of course not. The point is that libertarians are very well represented among college graduates (the 2nd best after extreme liberals) and that is despite the institutions being clearly biased in favour of liberals, and being designed to instill a liberal world-view.

I know alot of people with science degrees and they're like 80%+ liberal.

Me too for instance.

also, i, unlike you, went to college.

The liberal bias thing is grossly misrepresented.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Please tell me who pays into and takes advantage of social security, medicare, medicaid, etc. You are really floundering right now. "financial or other assistance to an individual or family from a city, state, or national government: Thousands of jobless people in this city would starve if it weren't for welfare." - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/welfare?s=t It is interesting how the dictionary seems to contradict what you are saying.Laihendi

:lol: I am not deflecting anything, that is actually exactly what you are doing. Defining welfare as "financial or other assistance to an individual or family from a city, state, or national government", please explain how public education is not welfare. Please explain how the government is not providing financial assistance to people by offering them a "free" education, paid for by someone else. Please answer the question.

If you so define it then it isn't welfare.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#185 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I was bullied by a substitute teacher at a college once. What did I do about it? I wrote a scathing article about it in the school paper. Being bullied by a teacher isn't fun.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Laihendi

Ace6301

Please explain how. I am interested in learning how the government is not providing financial assistance to someone by subsidizing education. I am waiting.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] :lol: I am not deflecting anything, that is actually exactly what you are doing. Defining welfare as "financial or other assistance to an individual or family from a city, state, or national government", please explain how public education is not welfare. Please explain how the government is not providing financial assistance to people by offering them a "free" education, paid for by someone else. Please answer the question.

Please explain how. I am interested in learning how the government is not providing financial assistance to someone by subsidizing education. I am waiting.

Explain how this sock is a boat. I am waiting.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Please tell me who pays into and takes advantage of social security, medicare, medicaid, etc. You are really floundering right now. "financial or other assistance to an individual or family from a city, state, or national government: Thousands of jobless people in this city would starve if it weren't for welfare." - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/welfare?s=t It is interesting how the dictionary seems to contradict what you are saying.Laihendi

Because everybody is paying into that system you dipsh*t. Going by your dipsh*t logic then the road network is welfare.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 MakeMeaSammitch

worlock77

Because everybody is paying into that system you dipsh*t. Going by your dipsh*t logic then the road network is welfare.

He does think it's a failure.

In his world poor people wouldn't be allowed to drive and/or go to school.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Ace6301"] If you so define it then it isn't welfare.

So you cannot explain how subsidizing education does not provide financial assistance to someone :lol:. You are either a troll or an idiot.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Laihendi

worlock77

Please tell me who pays into social security, medicare, medicaid, etc. I was under the impression that it was everyone. Perhaps I was mistaken?
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Please explain how. I am interested in learning how the government is not providing financial assistance to someone by subsidizing education. I am waiting.Laihendi

So you cannot explain how subsidizing education does not provide financial assistance to someone :lol:. You are either a troll or an idiot.

poor people need an education too lai....

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

Ok? People need to learn to ignore when being mentally attacked, or just troll them and go Yes, you are right I understand that now, thank you goodbye. If physically, defend only if you have to.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Ace6301"] Explain how this sock is a boat. I am waiting. MakeMeaSammitch

So before the argument was that public education is not welfare. Now the argument is that poor people need public education. Interesting.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Please explain how. I am interested in learning how the government is not providing financial assistance to someone by subsidizing education. I am waiting.

Because you're trying to argue semantics and trying to enlarge definitions until you're close to right. In reality welfare refers to a means tested program which public education is not. " a : aid in the form of money or necessities for those in need b : an agency or program through which such aid is distributed " Public education does not fit into this. Are you angry though? Normally you wouldn't ":lol:" or insult people like that.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] So you cannot explain how subsidizing education does not provide financial assistance to someone :lol:. You are either a troll or an idiot.Laihendi

So before the argument was that public education is not welfare. Now the argument is that poor people need public education. Interesting.

It's both....

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I'll posit that public schooling possesses certain characteristics shared by welfare programs. That said, I can't profess to have an issue with it considering the societal necessity of education.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Ace6301"] Explain how this sock is a boat. I am waiting.

Because you're trying to argue semantics and trying to enlarge definitions until you're close to right. In reality welfare refers to a means tested program which public education is not. " a : aid in the form of money or necessities for those in need b : an agency or program through which such aid is distributed " Public education does not fit into this. Are you angry though? Normally you wouldn't ":lol:" or insult people like that.

I admit that the stupidity and ignorance flaunted by liberals here is enough to make any rational person go insane if he took it seriously. I have spent the past several months showing respect to you people while you ridiculed me, despite the irrationality of your arguments. I am done with that. If you do not want to be called a troll, then do not troll me. If you do not want to be called an idiot, then do not present yourself as one. If you want a civil debate, then say something intelligent. On topic - Who is arguing semantics? I provided a definition for "welfare" that is consistent with 1. The dictionary 2. social security 3. Medicare 4. Medicaid 5. Food stamps and, 6. Public education By the meaning given to the word "welfare" by me and the dictionary, public education is a welfare program. Even by the definition you provided it is still a welfare program. If public education is not designed for those in need of it who could not afford education if it was privatized, then that brings the entire purpose of public education into question. What is the point of the government subsidizing education if people do not need education to be subsidized to be able to afford it?
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Laihendi"] On topic - Who is arguing semantics? By the meaning given to the word "welfare" by me

Who indeed?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] On topic - Who is arguing semantics? By the meaning given to the word "welfare" by me Ace6301
Who indeed?

So defining the terms that you use in order to clarify your statement is "arguing semantics". Interesting. I always thought that arguing semantics meant attacking the definitions someone provides for the terms he uses in his statement (what you are doing), rather than actually addressing his statement.