15 year old Wisconsin republican gets bullied by teachers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
I dont have time to read all that
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="PonchoTaco"] Anybody could still be well grounded in their beliefs. Science isn't perfect.PonchoTaco

yeah, **** science.

shyts full of liberal  bigots anyway.

Not sure where you get that from. I believe science, but I know man is fallible and therefore so is science. There can very well be a person who matures faster than others.

yes science is not perfect,  but see, i brought a link from the national institute for mental health to show and tell here.

you brought a vague concept about science not being perfect.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#53 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Most of that doesn't seem very likely to have happened, at least not the way it is presented there.

He said, most small business owners and workers take off Fridays and summers.  According to him, small business owners go golfing every Friday. He also said many businessmen work fewer hours than teachers.

Also says teacher makes $100,000. Even if this were all true the problem isn't that they are bullying someone for politcal beliefs. It's that his teachers are completely insane.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I don't know for sure of course, but there's absolutely no reason this kid couldn't hold his own political beliefs. Some kids mature faster than others...he could be an exception.

http://www.oddee.com/item_96629.aspx

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Riverwolf007

I dont have time to read all thatNengo_Flow
let me sum up.

"whaaa, :cry: i'm an affluent white kid and here is an inconsistent story from a conservative blogsite about how everyone is against me! whaaa!"

ok, maybe that is a bit simplistic but that is what i got out of that.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Riverwolf007

I don't know for sure of course, but there's absolutely no reason this kid couldn't hold his own political beliefs. Some kids mature faster than others...he could be an exception.

Renevent42

heh, who wants to put bets on this kid being a prodigy?

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I don't see how this is bullying, but then the definitions of bullying I've seen on this forum are so incredibly liberal, that I'm sure this is to some people.

That said, a teacher spending class time to b!tch about their salary is incredibly unprofessional. Really, if someone hired me to teach a week-long class (something that has happened before), and I spent the first day complaining about my pay or pushing some unrelated political agenda, people would have a right to be pissed.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

Riverwolf007

I think the point is, presenting a study showing how on average a teenagers brain isn't fully developed therefore this kid couldn't have his own well thought out political ideologies isn't proof of anything. We can make assumptions of course, but the reality is no one here even knows this kid personally. It's a pointless discussion based on nothing.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

Yeah I doubt any 15 year old is a Republican. Even 18 year olds still struggle to come up with their own political identity. 

This goes for any political group. No young person can fully comprehend what being affiliated with a certain political party even means. 

Wasdie

I knew plenty of kids that had been indoctrinated into the party of their parents from the time they were a small child. They just spew the same crap their parents tell them then overreact in ridiculous fashion when people say anything that is even slightly different from what their parents tell them (which I am assuming is the case here)

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

Renevent42

I think the point is, presenting a study showing how on average a teenagers brain isn't fully developed therefore this kid couldn't have his own well thought out political ideologies isn't proof of anything. We can make assumptions of course, but the reality is no one here even knows this kid personally. It's a pointless discussion based on nothing.

well of course you are right but come on.

if your valiant protest is covered on FREEDOMWERKS.FLAG/BLOGSPOT/GODBLESSMURICA.OBAMA/NIGERIANDEVIL.COM.

it may be a hint of what we are working with here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#61 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

I saw no bullying ther, I only saw the whinings of a pissy teenager upset that someone dare express opinions that he doesn't agree with.

Riverwolf007

lol, what i saw was somebody crying for attention and overstating the horrible prejudice he has to go through.

i predict he has a bright future in the republican party.

For a moment, I thought you meant the democratic party.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

I saw no bullying ther, I only saw the whinings of a pissy teenager upset that someone dare express opinions that he doesn't agree with.

sonicare

lol, what i saw was somebody crying for attention and overstating the horrible prejudice he has to go through.

meh, it's all mostly the same shyt just different speakers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]lol, what i saw was somebody crying for attention and overstating the horrible prejudice he has to go through.

Riverwolf007

There's really no side as to whom this would apply. Both parties are pretty bad when it comes to prejudices and playing the victim.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]lol, what i saw was somebody crying for attention and overstating the horrible prejudice he has to go through.

Riverwolf007

mhm political parties = sport teams
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"] For a moment, I thought you meant the democratic party.MrPraline

yeah, i put this in a few mins ago but if you want to understand politics just read these links.

it is all basically a combination of leftover shyt from our tribal past and cognitive dissonance.

"In other words, reasoning with facts about the issues is quite secondary to the emotional power of first siding with your party and then employing your reason, intelligence, and education in the service of your political commitment."

http://www.skepticblog.org/2011/12/06/paleolithic-politics/

along with this.

Why we believe propaganda.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/the_hidden_brain/2010/09/is_obama_the_antichrist.html

and this.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2007/10/how-and-why-we-lie-to-ourselves.php

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I highly doubt many 15 year olds can come up with a political side to support at their age

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

[QUOTE="PonchoTaco"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

I'd love to see your response had it been a liberal student and a conservative teacher.

My response would be the same.

Indeed, unless this news story ran on a legitimate news website with more confirmation from other students and an official harrasment complaint, there is no way to verify this story as being accurate.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Palantas

worlock77

I don't think an educator has any business telling a student that a political cause they are supporting is wrong. That's obnoxious.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#69 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I'd love to know what the school's response to this is. I would tend not to take the word of a 15-year-old teenager's blog without corroboration.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"] For a moment, I thought you meant the democratic party.MrPraline

I dunno. Seems like with most people their favorite sports team can do no right, while their political party of choice can do no wrong.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
horrible source.
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

breaking news,

pissy teenager crys gets national attention from conservative blogspot.

PonchoTaco
Typical liberal response, name-calling.

Where was the name calling in that?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Palantas

I don't think an educator has any business telling a student that a political cause they are supporting is wrong. That's obnoxious.

That doesn't seem to be the real issue. The issue seems to be that these teachers dare express their own views at all.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

worlock77

"In a period of two months, my Geography teacher frequently would take me aside after school for a few minutes and tell me how stupid, wrong and misguided I was for being Republican. The harassment with this specific teacher got so bad, I had to switch schools halfway through the year.  At this time I was only 12 years old. To my knowledge, this teacher was not disciplined at all for her actions. "

Lmao ok. Liberals are a funny bunch, I bet if a teacher pulled aside a pro-gay student and said such things you'd claim it was bullying.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Very sad.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Palantas

That doesn't seem to be the real issue. The issue seems to be that these teachers dare express their own views at all.

worlock77

Maybe so. I still think it's obnoxious for a teacher to confront a student privately and tell them not to support a political cause or party because the teacher personally disagrees with it. It's also obnoxious for an educator to use class time to complain about their salary.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

GD1551

"In a period of two months, my Geography teacher frequently would take me aside after school for a few minutes and tell me how stupid, wrong and misguided I was for being Republican. The harassment with this specific teacher got so bad, I had to switch schools halfway through the year.  At this time I was only 12 years old. To my knowledge, this teacher was not disciplined at all for her actions. "

Lmao ok. Liberals are a funny bunch, I bet if a teacher pulled aside a pro-gay student and said such things you'd claim it was bullying.

for the record if this actually happened then the teacher was certainly in the wrong. The main issue is that there is no way to verify if this is true, and other parts of the blog suggest that he is making things up. 

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

GD1551

Sorry, but I find his claims suspect and I'm not going to take the word of a 15 year-old at face value without some kind of corroboration.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Sorry, but I find his claims suspect and I'm not going to take the word of a 15 year-old at face value without some kind of corroboration.

That isn't what you said, intially, you claimed that there was no bullying there when infact if he is telling the truth there was. Had you claimed that you may have thought he was lying due to contradications in his statement that would have been another matter altogether.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 dave123321

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

That isn't what you said, intially, you claimed that there was no bullying there when infact if he is telling the truth there was. Had you claimed that you may have thought he was lying due to contradications in his statement that would have been another matter altogether.

Quite true
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

That I believe it to be a pile of bullsh*t means that I see no truth in it, and thus see no bullying. I do, however, see a teenager complaing about his teachers expressing their views.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="PonchoTaco"] That's what happens when you post something like this on a board full of liberal bigots.PonchoTaco
There is no need to be upset.

Didn't I say I was upset. Just stating that the board is full of liberal bigots. Which is true.

The fvck? How is any one here a biggot when it comes to this?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-59d151f079814

Yeah I doubt any 15 year old is a Republican. Even 18 year olds still struggle to come up with their own political identity. 

This goes for any political group. No young person can fully comprehend what being affiliated with a certain political party even means. 

Wasdie

I would argue that most are going to lean to the left.. Simply because American politics in general is slanted very far to the right compared to the rest of the west.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Serraph105

[QUOTE="PonchoTaco"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] There is no need to be upset.sSubZerOo

Didn't I say I was upset. Just stating that the board is full of liberal bigots. Which is true.

The fvck? How is any one here a biggot when it comes to this?

you're a bigot because you aren't taking a 15 year old at face value regardless of the fact that his claims are questionable at best.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dave123321
The comments here sadden me.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Let's see. I don't know if these are true or not. But, if a teacher ever did these to my kid? I'd knock his teeth out. Her's too if the teacher is female.....

1. I was on the front page of the local newspaper for my political volunteer work and my teachers noticed. One of my seven teachers made it very clear that she dissaproved of my civic engagement. In a period of two months, my Geography teacher frequently would take me aside after school for a few minutes and tell me how stupid, wrong and misguided I was for being Republican.

2. He spent the remainder of that period lecturing us about how much he hated Scott Walker and explained all the reasons why. He said, most small business owners and workers take off Fridays and summers.  According to him, small business owners go golfing every Friday. He also said many businessmen work fewer hours than teachers. He explained how his pay was too low to support his family. He told the class his pay was so bad he had to paint houses in the summers. During this discussion, he was swearing and saying how wrong it was for anyone to support Walker. Students were telling him to stop, and he wouldnt.

3. He then gave me a book to read about Abraham Lincoln. He told me that good politicians read a lot. Then he said, I dont think Scott Walker likes to read.

4. The same English teacher who had lectured to almost 30 students about a month earlier took me aside during class again. He started talking about Mitt Romney and Scott Walker and his views on them. He reiterated how much harder he worked compared to my dad, a small business owner, which he had no knowledge of. He went on to ask how much my parents made because he wanted to compare it to his salary.

5. Later during the apology, he started to talk about Walker again and how much he hated him. He just couldnt stop. At the end of the conversation, my teacher asked you know how you went down to the principals office? I said yes, and he said I dont give a sh*t. I asked why, and he went on to explain that he was friends with the principal so it didnt matter to him and he wouldnt get in trouble because of their friendship.

6. When I presented in front of the class, he asked if I supported the Tea Party. I said yes. He rolled his eyes and told me believing in the organization was weird." He also told me he knew nothing about the Tea Party.

7. For about five minutes, she called all Republicans racist. According to her, she had never seen such discrimination against a president and President Obama has been the most ill-treated president in the history of the United States, all because the Republicans don't want a black man in the White House. 

Edit:

I have to be very professional at work. I expect teachers to do the same.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 dave123321

Let's see. I don't know if these are true or not. But, if a teacher ever did these to my kid? I'd knock his teeth out. Hers too.

1. I was on the front page of the local newspaper for my political volunteer work and my teachers noticed. One of my seven teachers made it very clear that she dissaproved of my civic engagement. In a period of two months, my Geography teacher frequently would take me aside after school for a few minutes and tell me how stupid, wrong and misguided I was for being Republican.

2. He spent the remainder of that period lecturing us about how much he hated Scott Walker and explained all the reasons why. He said, most small business owners and workers take off Fridays and summers.  According to him, small business owners go golfing every Friday. He also said many businessmen work fewer hours than teachers. He explained how his pay was too low to support his family. He told the class his pay was so bad he had to paint houses in the summers. During this discussion, he was swearing and saying how wrong it was for anyone to support Walker. Students were telling him to stop, and he wouldnt.

3. He then gave me a book to read about Abraham Lincoln. He told me that good politicians read a lot. Then he said, I dont think Scott Walker likes to read.

4. The same English teacher who had lectured to almost 30 students about a month earlier took me aside during class again. He started talking about Mitt Romney and Scott Walker and his views on them. He reiterated how much harder he worked compared to my dad, a small business owner, which he had no knowledge of. He went on to ask how much my parents made because he wanted to compare it to his salary.

5. Later during the apology, he started to talk about Walker again and how much he hated him. He just couldnt stop. At the end of the conversation, my teacher asked you know how you went down to the principals office? I said yes, and he said I dont give a sh*t. I asked why, and he went on to explain that he was friends with the principal so it didnt matter to him and he wouldnt get in trouble because of their friendship.

6. When I presented in front of the class, he asked if I supported the Tea Party. I said yes. He rolled his eyes and told me believing in the organization was weird." He also told me he knew nothing about the Tea Party.

7. For about five minutes, she called all Republicans racist. According to her, she had never seen such discrimination against a president and President Obama has been the most ill-treated president in the history of the United States, all because the Republicans don't want a black man in the White House. 

jun_aka_pekto
It's all very ugly.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Gay kid claiming to be bullied= where is everyone calling him a liar and questioning if it happened?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Gay kid claiming to be bullied= where is everyone calling him a liar and questioning if it happened?

AdamPA1006

tthwP.gif

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Serraph105

AdamPA1006
show me the gay kid making outrageous claims such as a teacher making $100,000/year, and I will show you my skepticism
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

And people don't believe us when we say liberals run the (piss-poor btw) education system

also relevant to this discussion

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 dave123321

And people don't believe us when we say liberals run the (piss-poor btw) education system

kingkong0124
it's infuriating
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 AdamPA1006
[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]

Serraph105
show me the gay kid making outrageous claims such as a teacher making $100,000/year, and I will show you my skepticism

Dude thats a fact that teachers make that much. Atleast they do in my district. They sent around a booklet with every teachers exact salaries, and the added benefits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-59d151f079814

AdamPA1006

This has to be the most fvcking stupid statement in this entire thread.. Congrats.. Comparing being gay to a republican or any political ideology, do you even think out your statements before you say/type them?

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 AdamPA1006

Read and wheep  and realize how much TEACHERS are making while they demanding student programs and buses to be canceled. Total compensations for most teacher is over $100,000

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

dave123321

it's infuriating

here's some more links you can check out bro

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 AdamPA1006

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]

sSubZerOo

This has to be the most fvcking stupid statement in this entire thread.. Congrats.. Comparing being gay to a republican or any political ideology, do you even think out your statements before you say/type them?

What is wrong with my logic? Come into a thread with a republican claiming to be bullied and everyone is saying he is a liar and making it up. Ive never people say that for gay bashing (Hes making it all up).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]

AdamPA1006

What is wrong with my logic? Come into a thread with a republican claiming to be bullied and everyone is saying he is a liar and making it up. Ive never people say that for gay bashing (Hes making it all up).

:|  Come back to me when the term "republican" or "conservative" becomes a curse word like "gay" or far worse names for gays that people use all the time.. This happens all the the time..  The reason why this usually is never argued in a high school setting is we have all witness sh!t first hand and have read all these stories.. This isn't saying the guy is a liar, but comapring this sh!t to what a gay person has to deal with in high school? Wtf?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 dave123321

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

it's infuriating

here's some more links you can check out bro

Much appreciated
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 AdamPA1006

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

:|  Come back to me when the term "republican" or "conservative" becomes a curse word like "gay" or far worse names for gays that people use all the time.. This happens all the the time..  The reason why this usually is never argued in a high school setting is we have all witness sh!t first hand and have read all these stories.. This isn't saying the guy is a liar, but comapring this sh!t to what a gay person has to deal with in high school? Wtf?

In High school and college I have witnessed liberal teachers going off about every subject and me being the only one willing to question them or argue them. I dont see why that the first thing everyone jumped to in this thread that he was just making it all up. I'm not comparing it directly but bullying is bullying someone coming up to your face and saying your stupid for what you believe in, in a school setting, is bullying. They can argue or debate or whatever but the teachers all went our of their way to attack him. I wouldnt call gay a curse word its just become common as a derogatory term. And many people use republican and conservative as a derogatory term, just like conservatives use liberal as a derogatory term.